The Curse | Harry Potter x re...

By harrypotters_bitch

harry potter x fem reader The pain surged through her as the spells from two wands traveled into her chest. I... More

chapter oneβ€’ background β˜†
chapter twoβ€’ letterβ˜†
chapter threeβ€’ diagon alley and sortingβ˜†
chapter fourβ€’ first day β˜†
chapter fiveβ€’ boggarts β˜†
chapter sixβ€’ β˜†
chapter sevenβ€’ blacks trip β˜†
chapter eightβ€’ dementors β˜†
new cover:)
chapter seventeenβ€’ the execution β˜†
chapter eighteenβ€’ goodbye β˜†
chapter nineteenβ€’ the weasleys β˜†
hey!
chapter twentyβ€’ fourth year β˜†
chapter twenty oneβ€’ two types of moody β˜†
im sorry but im not
chapter twenty twoβ€’ recognizable οΏΌβ˜†
chapter twenty threeβ€’ bug β˜†
chapter twenty fourβ€’ selections β˜†
chapter twenty fiveβ€’ oh shit... β˜†
chapter twenty sixβ€’ potter stinks β˜†
chapter twenty sevenβ€’ wands and quills β˜†
chapter twenty eightβ€’ dragons β˜†
new book <3
chapter twenty nineβ€’ the first task β˜†
chapter thirtyβ€’ spider-man and kevin β˜†
chapter thirty oneβ€’ a ball? β˜†
β˜†β€’yule ball dressβ€’β˜†
!!IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!
rewrite changes
chapter thirty twoβ€’ dates β˜†
chapter thirty threeβ€’ two assholes and and a partridge in a pear treeοΏΌ β˜†
chapter thirty fourβ€’ yule ball β˜†
chapter thirty fiveβ€’ prefects bathroom β˜†
chapter thirty sixβ€’ mr. egg β˜†
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’“π’•π’š 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏‒ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’•π’˜π’Šπ’”π’•π’†π’… π’•π’‚π’”π’Œ β˜†
chapter thirty eightβ€’ snuffles returns β˜†
chapter thirty nineβ€’ hate mail β˜†
chapter fortyβ€’ the connection β˜†
chapter forty oneβ€’ just a bowl of water β˜†
chapter forty twoβ€’ the time is up β˜†
a/n
chapter forty threeβ€’ the tragic task β˜†
chapter forty fourβ€’ "traitor"β˜†
clarify
very!!!!! important please read!!
chapter forty fiveβ€’ their sunοΏΌ β˜†
chapter forty sixβ€’ the morning of mourning β˜†
sorry yall
chapter forty sevenβ€’ death returns β˜†
chapter fourty eightβ€’ nothing is ok β˜†
hey?
chapter forty-nineβ€’ sirius cant be serious β˜†
new cover!!

chapter nineβ€’ relations β˜†

4.1K 127 464
By harrypotters_bitch

"Come on now!"

"Guys let me go!"

"Clever kids."

"But not clever enough."

"We've got a better way."

"We're trying to get to Hogsmeade."

"We know."

"We'll get you there."

"We'll show you a quicker way."

"If you pipe down."

"Bless them."

"Let us go! Come on, guys. Don't.."

"Come and join the big boys."

"What are you doing?!"

The Weasley twins pulled out a dilapidated looking paper, it appeared as if it had been taken directly from the bin. Harry's brows furrowed in confusion, "What's this rubbish?" he asks, his fair falling over his eyes slightly. You looked equally intrigued towards the two ginger twins towering over you.

""What's this rubbish" he says" mocked the twins. "It's the secret to our success." "It's a wrench giving it to you..." "But we've decided your needs are greater than ours." Fred and George interchanged sentences.

"George, if you will." Fred asked

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." George recited.

"Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs... are proud to present the Marauder's Map." Harry whispered, you both looked at the compelling map. "We owe them so much." Fred said dreamily.

"Hang on. This is Hogwarts. And that... No. Is that really...?" Harry started.

"Dumbledore."

"In his study."

"Pacing."

"Does that a lot." The twins interchanged yet again.

"So this map shows..." You began. "Everyone. Where they are. What they're doing. Every minute. Of every day." The two had a knack for speaking between each other.

"Brilliant! Where did you get it?" Harry asks, his eyes light up, mesmerized at the sight before him. "Nicked it from Filch's office, of course." George recounted, "First year." His brother added, "There are seven secret passageways... out of the castle, we'd recommend this one though." George used his index finger to point to a small arch inked on the map, "The One-Eyed Witch passageway, it leads you to Honeyduke's"

"Hurry. Filch is heading this way." Fred hastily added, he had been keeping an eye out just incase. "And don't forget. When you're done, just give it a tap and say:"Mischief managed." Otherwise, anyone can read it." Once George had finished giving the instructions, Harry tossed the invisibility cloak over the both of you as you made your way to the passage. They were right it was small, but you two squeezed in and started down the passage. You were in front of Harry, he trailed closely behind you with his arms over your head in order to hide you under the cloak as well.

The walls of the passageway were rigid and slimy. The ground was composed of damp dirt, it clung to the bottom of your shoes making it significantly harder to walk. You two trudged through the sloppy mess, each step seemingly getting harder. In what couldn't come soon enough, you spotted the end of the tunnel. Harry lifted the hatch door first, he used his forearms to prop himself up and climb through. Once Harry made sure the cloak was still covering him, he reached back through to help you up. You grabbed his shoulders and his hands planted under your arms and lifted you through the door.

Honeydukes smelt like heaven; syrupy caramel, rich chocolate, tangy fruit, and sweet butterscotch hit your senses as soon as you stepped in. You and Harry showed a knowing look happiness. As you walked through the back door into the main areas Harry spotted Neville with a bright red lollipop, Harry snatched it out of the boys hand and took it for himself. You shot him a side eye but kept going, you wanted to see your friends, thankfully, a familiar voice filled both your ears.

"Ugh, no, they wouldn't want one of those, they're for vampires, I expect," Hermione was saying.

"How about these?" said Ron, shoving a jar of Cockroach Clusters under Hermiones nose.

"Definitely not," said Harry grinning.

Ron nearly dropped the jar. "Harry Y/n" squealed Hermione. "What are you doing here? How -how did you-?"

"Wow!" said Ron, looking very impressed, "you've learned to Apparate!"

''Course we haven't," You said. Harry joined in and dropped his voice so that none of the sixth years could hear him and told them all about the Marauder's Map. "How come Fred and George never gave it to me!" said Ron, outraged. "I'm their brother!"

"But Harry isn't going to keep it!" Hermione said thinking of how ludicrous the idea was. "He's going to hand it in to Professor McGonagall, aren't you Harry?"

Harry vehemently denied the idea, if he returned it he'd have to say where he got it from, revealing the twins nicked it from Filch.

"But what about Sirius Black?" Hermione hissed. "He could be using one of the passages on that map to get into the castle! The teachers have got to know!"

"He can't be getting in through a passage," said Harry quickly. "There are seven secret tunnels on the map, right? Fred and George reckon Filch already knows about four of them. And of the other three -- one of them's caved in, so no one can get through it. one of them's got the Whomping Willow planted over the entrance, so you can't get out of it.
And the one I just came through -well - - it's really hard to see the entrance to it down in the cellar, so unless he knew it was there..." Harry hesitated. What if Black did know the passage was there? You, however, cleared your throat significantly, and pointed to a notice pasted on the inside of the sweetshop door.

--BY ORDER OF --- THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC——

'Customers are reminded that until further notice, dementors will be patrolling the streets of Hogsmeade every night after sundown. This wilbe has upon he incaper israeacH stateresidents and
advisable that you complete your shopping well before nightfall.
Merry Christmas!'

"See?" Said Ron quietly, "I'd like to see Black break in with dementors swarming the place and without the owners hearing. I mean they live over the shop!"

"Yes, but but --" Hermoine seemed to be struggling to find another problem. "Look, they still shouldn't be coming into Hogsmeade. Neither have got a signed form! If anyone finds out, they'd be in so much trouble! And it's not nightfall yet -- what if Sirius Black turns up today? Now?"

"He'd have a job spotting them in this," said Ron, nodding through the mullioned windows at the thick, swirling snow. "Come on, Hermione, it's Christmas. Harry deserves a break."

Hermione bit her lip, looking extremely worried.
"Are you going to report us?" Harry asked her, grinning. You looked at your friend hopefully.

"Oh - of course not -- but honestly -"

"Seen the Fizzing Whizbees, Harry?" said Ron, grabbing him and leading him over to their barrel. "And the Jelly Slugs Y/n? And the Acid Pops? Fred gave me one of those when I was seven -- it burnt a hole right through my tongue. I remember Mum walloping him with her broomstick." Ron stared broodingly into the Acid Pop box. "Reckon Fred'd take a bite of Cockroach Cluster if I told him they were peanuts?"

After purchasing all their sweets the four of you trailed out of Honeydukes, a blizzard was in the making. If there was anything both you and Harry regretted, it was not wearing your coats. You stayed close together, basically hip to hip, hoping the body heat would sustain some sort of warmth. It wasn't much but it was better than nothing. Shivering you talked about the options you had in spending the rest of your day there.

Many ideas were tossed around but once Ron mentioned butterbeer, everyone seemed to be in agreement. The wind was violent and sharp, your hands had gone numb and nose was red as Rudolph's, Harry's hands were as cold as ice. He had accidentally brushed your wrist when adjusting his shirt, causing you to shiver violently. They crossed the snow covered icy road, within a few minutes you arrived at the tiny inn.

It was crowded and smoky in the homey inn, but warm and cozy as well. A woman with a tattered apron was serving a bunch of rowdy warlocks up at the bar. "That's Madam Rosemerta, I'll go get the drinks yeah?" Said Ron, his face flushing slightly red.

The three friends; You, Hermione, and Harry made their way to the back of the room, there was a small, vacant table between the window and a handsome Christmas tree, which stood next to the fireplace. Ron came back five minutes later, carrying four foaming tankards of hot butterbeer. "Merry Christmas!" he said happily, raising his tankard.
You raised yours back and drank deeply, as did Harry. It was the most delicious thing you'd ever tasted and seemed to heat every bit of you from the inside, you could tell from the relief on his face Harry's did too.

A sudden breeze ruffled everyone's hair. The door of the Three Broomsticks had opened again. Harry looked over the rim of his tankard and choked, nudging you, who had been sitting next to him.

Professors McGonagall and Flitwick had just entered the pub with a flurry of snowflakes, shortly followed by Hagrid, who was deep in conversation with a portly man in a lime-green bowler hat and a pinstriped cloak -- Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic.

In an instant, Ron and Hermione had both placed hands on the top of either of your heads and forced you off your stools and under the table. Dripping with butterbeer and crouching out of sight, Harry clutched his empty tankard and you shirt dragging you down with him. Both peered under the legs of the table and watched the teachers' and Fudge's feet move toward the bar, pause, then turn and walk right toward you both.

Somewhere above you, Hermione whispered, Mobiliarbus!" The Christmas tree beside their table rose a few inches off the ground, drifted sideways, and landed with a soft thump right in front of their table, hiding them from view. Staring through the dense lower branches, You saw four sets of chair legs move back from the table right beside theirs, then heard the grunts and sighs If the teachers and minister as they sat down.

Next Harry saw another pair of feet, wearing sparkly turquoise high heels, and heard a woman's voice. "A small gillywater -"

"Mine," said Professor McGonagall's voice.

"Four pints of mulled mead --"

"Ta, Rosmerta," said Hagrid.

"A cherry syrup and soda with ice and umbrella --"

"Mmm!" said Professor Flitwick, smacking his lips.

"So you'll be the red currant rum, Minister."

"Thank you Rosmerta dear." Fudge said looking hungrily at the glass. "Lovely to see you, say why don't you have yourself one and join us?" Fudge continued.

"Well, thank you very much, Minister."

You and Harry watched the glittering heels march away and back again. Harry's heart was pounding uncomfortably in his throat. You could almost hear it beating. Why hadn't it occurred to either of you that this was the last weekend of term for the teachers too. And how long were they going to sit there?

You needed time to sneak back into Honeydukes if you both wanted to return to school tonight... Hermione's leg gave a nervous twitch next to you.

"So, what brings you to this neck of the woods, Minister?" came Madam Rosmerta's voice.
Harry saw the lower part of Fudge's thick body twist in his chair as though he were checking for eavesdroppers. Then he said in a quiet voice, "What else, dear, but Sirius Black? I daresay you heard what happened up at the school at Halloween?"

"I did hear a rumor," admitted Madam Rosmerta.
"Did you tell the whole pub, Hagrid?" said Professor McGonagall exasperatedly. "Do you think Blacks still in the area, Minister?" whispered Madam Rosmerta.
"I'm sure of it," said Fudge shortly.

"You know that the dementors have searched the whole village twice?" said Madam Rosmerta, a slight edge to her voice. "Scared all my customers away...It's very bad for business, Minister."

"Rosmerta, dear, I don't like them any more than you do," said Fudge uncomfortably. "Necessary precaution... unfortunate, but they're in a fury against Dumbledore now - he won't let them inside the castle grounds."

"I should think not," said Professor McGonagall sharply. "How are we supposed to teach with those horrors floating around?" "Hear, hear!" squeaked tiny Professor Flitwick, whose feet were dangling a foot from the ground. "All the same," demurred Fudge, "they are here to protect you all from something much worse... We all know what Black's capable of..."

"Do you know, I still have trouble believing it," said Madam Rosmerta thoughtfully. "Of all the people to go over to the Dark Side, Sirius Black was the last I'd have thought... I mean, I remember him when he was a boy at Hogwarts. If you'd told me then what he was going to become, I'd have said you'd had too much mead."

"You don't know the half of it, Rosmerta," said Fudge gruffly. "The worst he did isn't widely known."
"The worst?" said Madam Rosmerta, her voice alive with curiosity, "Worse than murdering all those poor people, you mean?"

"I certainly do," said Fudge. "I can't believe that. What could possibly be worse?"

"You say you remember him at Hogwarts, Rosmerta," murmured Professor McGonagall.
"Do you remember who his-best friend was?"

"Naturally," said Madam Rosmerta, with a small laugh. "Never saw one without the other, did you? The number of times I had them in here --ooh, they used to make me laugh. Quite the double act, Sirius Black and James Potter!" Harry dropped his tankard with a loud clunk. Ron kicked him. You glanced his way, Harry's eyes had been glued to the Professors still, not daring to look at anyone or anything else.

"Precisely," said Professor McGonagall. "Black and Potter. Ringleaders of their little gang. Both very bright, of course -- exceptionally bright, in fact -- but I don't think we've ever had such a pair of troublemakers --"

"I dunno," chuckled Hagrid. "Fred and George Weasley could give 'em a run fer their money."
"You'd have thought Black and Potter were brothers!" chimed in Professor Flitwick. "Inseparable!"

"Of course they were," said Fudge. "Potter trusted Black beyond all his other friends. Nothing changed when they left school. Black was best man when James married Lily. Then they named him godfather to Harry. Harry has no idea, of course. You can imagine how the idea would torment him."

"Because Black turned out to be in league with You-Know-Who?" whispered Madam Rosmerta.
"Worse even than that, dear..." Fudge dropped his voice and proceeded in a sort of low rumble. "Not many people are aware that the Potters knew You-Know-Who was after them. Dumbledore, who was of cours working tirelessly against You-Know-Who, had a number of useful spies. One of them tipped him off, and he alerted James and Lily at once. He advised them to go into hiding. Well, of course, You-Know-Who wasn't an easy person to hide from. Dumbledore told them that their best chance was the Fidelius Charm."

"How does that work?" said Madam Rosmerta, breathless with interest. Professor Flitwick cleared his throat. "An immensely complex spell," he said squeakily, "involving the magical concealment of a secret inside a single, living soul. The information is hidden inside the chosen person, or Secret-Keeper, and is henceforth impossible to find -- unless, of course, the Secret-Keeper chooses to divulge it. As long as the Secret-Keeper refused to speak, You-Know-Who could search the village where Lily and James were staying for years and never find them, not even if he had his nose pressed against their sitting room window!"

"So Black was the Potters' Secret-Keeper?" whispered Madam Rosmerta. "Naturally," said Professor McGonagall. "James Potter told Dumbledore that Black would die rather than tell where they were, that Black was planning to go into hiding himself... and yet, Dumbledore remained worried. I remember him offering to be the Potters' Secret-Keeper himself."

"He suspected Black?" gasped Madam Rosmerta.
"He was sure that somebody close to the Potters had been keeping You-Know-Who informed of their movements," said Professor McGonagall darkly. "Indeed, he had suspected for some time that someone on our side had turned traitor and was passing a lot of information to You-Know-Who."
"But James Potter insisted on using Black?"
"He did," said Fudge heavily. "And then, barely a week after the Fidelius Charm had been performed -"
"Black betrayed them?" breathed Madam Rosmerta. "He did indeed. Black was tired of his double-agent role, he was ready to declare his support openly for You-Know-Who, and he seems to have planned this for the moment of the Potters' death. But, as we all know, You-Know-Who met his downfall in the babies that Harry and Y/n were. She and her weren't supposed to be there, a short visit to reunite the children ended terribly for them. But then with his powers gone, horribly weakened, he fled. And this left Black in a very nasty position indeed. His master had fallen at the very moment when he, Black, had shown his true colors as a traitor. He had no choice but to run for it- "

"Filthy, stinkin' turncoat!" Hagrid said, so loudly that half the bar went quiet.

"Shh!" said Professor McGonagall.

"I met him!" growled Hagrid. "I musta bin the last ter see him before he killed all them people! It was me who rescued Harry 'n Y/n from Lily an' James's house after they was killed! Jus' got them outta the ruins, poor little things, with a great slash across his forehead and one on'er neck, an' their parents dead... an' Sirius Black turns up, on that flyin' motorbike he used ter ride. Never occurred ter me what he was doin' there. I didn' know he'd bin Lily an' James's Secret-Keeper. Thought he'd jus' heard the news o' You-Know-Who's attack an' come to see what he could do.  An' yeh know what I did? I COMFORTED THE MURDERING TRAITOR!" Hagrid roared.

"Hagrid, please!" said Professor McGonagall. "Keep your voice down!"

"How was I to know he wasn' upset abou' Lily an' James? It was You-Know-Who he cared abou'! An' then he says, 'Give them to me, Hagrid, I'm all they have left, I'll look after them --' Ha! But I'd had me orders from Dumbledore, an' I told Black no,  Black argued, but in the end he gave in. Told me ter take his motorbike ter get them there. 'I won't need it anymore,' he says.

"I shoulda known there was somethin' fishy goin' on then. He loved that motorbike, what was he givin' it ter me for? Why wouldn' he need it anymore? Fact was, it was too easy ter trace. Dumbledore knew he'd bin the Potters' Secret-Keeper. Black knew he was goin' ter have ter run fer it that night, knew it was a matter o' hours before the Ministry was after him.

"But what if I'd given Harry n' Y/n to him, eh? I bet he'd 've pitched them off the bike halfway out to sea. But when a wizard goes over ter the Dark Side, there's nothin' and no one that matters to em anymore..." A long silence followed Hagrid's story.

Then Madam Rosmerta said with some satisfaction, "But he didn't manage to disappear, did he? The Ministry of Magic caught up with him next day!"
"Alas, if only we had," said Fudge bitterly. "It was not we who found him. It was little Peter Pettigrew -- another of the Potters' friends. Maddened by grief, no doubt, and knowing that Black had been the Potters' Secret-Keeper, he went after Black himself."

"Pettigrew...? That fat little boy who was always tagging around after them at Hogwarts?" said Madam Rosmerta.

"Hero-worshipped Black and Potter," said Professor McGonagall. "Never quite in their league, talent-wise. I was often rather harp with him. You can imagine how I regret that now..." She sounded as though she had a sudden head cold.

"There, now, Minerva," said Fudge kindly, "Pettigrew died a hero's death. Eyewitnesses -- Muggles, of course, we wiped their memories later - told us how Pettigrew cornered Black. They say he was sobbing, 'Lily and James, Sirius! How could you?' And then he went for his wand. Well, of course, Black was quicker. Blew Pettigrew to smithereens..." Professor McGonagall blew her nose and said thickly, "Stupid boy... foolish boy... he was always hopeless at dueling... should have left it to the Ministry...."

"I tell yeh, if I'd got ter Black before little Pettigrew did, I wouldn't 've messed around with wands -- I'd 've ripped him limb -- from - limb," Hagrid growled.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Hagrid," said Fudge sharply. "Nobody but trained Hit Wizards from the Magical Law Enforcement Squad would have stood a chance against Black once he was cornered. I was Junior Minister in the Department of Magical Catastrophes at the time, and I was one of the first on the scene after Black murdered all those people. I will never forget it. I still dream about it sometimes. A crater in the middle of the street, so deep it had cracked the sewer below. Bodies everywhere. Muggles screaming. And Black standing there laughing, with what was left of Pettigrew in front of him... a heap of bloodstained robes and a few -- a few fragments --" Fudge's voice stopped abruptly. There was the sound of five noses being blown.

"Well, there you have it, Rosmerta," said Fudge thickly.

"Black was taken away by twenty members of the Magical Law Enforcement Squad and Pettigrew received the Order of Merlin, First Class, which I think was some comfort to his poor mother. Blacks been in Azkaban ever since."

Madam Rosmerta let out a long sigh. "Is it true he's mad, Minister?"

"I wish I could say that he was," said Fudge slowly. "I certainly believe his master's defeat unhinged him for a while. The murder of Pettigrew and all those Muggles was the action of a cornered and desperate man -- cruel... pointless. Yet I met Black on my last inspection of Azkaban. You know, most of the prisoners would just sit there muttering to themselves in the dark, but I was shocked at how normal Black seemed. He spoke quite rationally to me. It was unnerving. You'd have thought he was merely bored -- asked if I'd finished with my newspaper, cool as you please, said he missed doing the crossword. I was astounded at how little effect the dementors had on him.." Fudge trailed off.

"But what do you think he's broken out to do?" said Madam Rosmerta. "Good gracious, Minister, he isn't trying to rejoin You-Know-Who, is he?"

"I daresay that is his eventual plan," said Fudge evasively.

"But we hope to catch Black long before that. I must say, You-Know-Who alone and friendless is one thing... but give him back his most devoted servant, and I shudder to think how quickly he'll rise again..."

There was a small clink of glass on wood. Someone had set down their glass. Professor McGonagall suggested they begin heading back.  One by one, the pairs of feet took the weight of their owners once more; hems of cloaks swung into sight, and Madam Rosemerta's glittering heels disappeared behind the bar. The door of the Three Broomsticks opened again, there was another flurry of snow, and the teachers had disappeared.

Harry sunk into the back of the wall, he looked over at you hoping to find confirmation he wasn't imagining everything. Your pale pain-stricken face was his yes.

Ron and Hermione called out to you both, but received little answer in return.

It was a silent walk back to Honeydukes, no one knew what so say. What really was there to say?

///

It was a long dinner, your friends staring at Harry and yourself constantly waiting for the right time to say something, but that time never came. Harry was seething, his parents best friend betrayed them. They trusted him with their lives. He went to his dorm room and got into bed, making sure the hangings around it covered him fully. You were more confused.  You'd known your mother was friends with Lily but why was she there that night?

Christmas was a few days later, Harry received a firebolt, but no letter claiming who sent it. The news sent shock waves through those still left at school to hear about it. Hermione was extremely skeptical and thought it was from Black and had been jinxed, she begged Harry to go to Professor Flitwick to get it checked, but he vehemently refused. You had also received a claimless gift, it was picture of your mother, you and Harry in her arms wearing matching onesies that said 'our first Halloween'. You cherished that picture more than anything.

—————————-

"Harry, y/n. There you are. You came." Lupin greeted, "Are you sure about this? This is very advanced magic... well beyond the Ordinary Wizarding Level." Lupin explained. Both you and Harry agreed you were ready for this.

"Well, everything's prepared. The spell I'm going to teach you is called the Patronus Charm. Did you ever hear of it?" Professor asked me. You shook your heads no.

"No? Well... A Patronus is a positive force.
For the wizard who conjures one... it works like a shield, with the dementor feeding on it rather than him. But in order for it to work, you need to think of a memory. Not just any memory, a very happy memory, a very powerful memory." Lupin explained
You nodded your heads again in understanding, waiting for your next instructions. "Close your eyes. Concentrate. Explore your past. Do you have a memory?" Professor asked, again we nodded.

"Allow it to fill you up. Lose yourself within it. Then speak the incantation, Expecto Patronum." Lupin instructed. You recited the incantation, as did Harry.
"Very good. Shall we? Wand at the ready." Lupin beamed.

"Expecto Patronum! Expecto... Expecto... Expect..." Harry started but collapsed, unable to finish off the spell. "Here we go. Come on. Sit up. Deep breaths. It's all right. I didn't expect you to do it the first time. That would have been remarkable." Said Lupin, helping Harry up. "Here, eat this. You'll feel better." Lupin claimed giving him a piece of chocolate.

"That's one nasty dementor." Said Harry, biting into the mouth watering chocolate. "Oh, no, no, no. That was a boggart, Harry. A boggart. The real thing would be worse. Much, much worse." Professor shuddered. "As a matter of interest, what were you thinking? Which memory did you choose?" Lupin asked.

"The first time I rode a broom." Harry explained. You looked over at Lupin, waiting for his response.

"That's not good enough.Not nearly good enough." He criticized. Damn.

"There's another. It's not... happy, exactly.Well, it is. It's the happiest I've ever felt... but it's complicated." Harry muttered, "Is it strong?" Lupin asked.

Harry nodded.

"Then let's give it a try."

Expecto Patronum! Expecto Patronum!" Harry shouted, a beautiful white wisp came out of his wand defending me from the dark soul sucking dementor.

"Yes! Well done, Harry. Well done!" Lupin cheered.

"I think I've had enough for today." Harry said stumbling back.

"Yes. Sit down. Here. Eat this, it helps. It really helps. And just so you know, Harry... I think you'd have given your father a run for his money. And that... is saying something." Professor Lupin chuckled.

"I was thinking of him. And Mum. Seeing their faces. They were talking to me. Just talking. That's the memory I chose. I don't even know if it's real. But it's the best I have." You looked at Harry, it's not usually to see him in a vulnerable state like this.

"Y/n you're up!" Lupin cheered. "Ready?" You nodded and looked up, the dementor flying at you. You chanted the incantation, a few silver whisps soared from your wand, but as the dementor neared they faltered and fizzled out. You felt lightheaded, and then you were out.

As you awoke Harry and Professor Lupin were squatting in front of you, the latter handing you chocolate. "That was very good for your first tries, you'll get better with time." Said Lupin, his demeanor calm and caring.

You left soon after, too tuckered out to keep trying. "We will get it soon." Said Harry hopefully, "I know it." He added.

——-

Just weeks later Harry had gotten the Map confiscated due to his recklessness but couldn't stop thinking about what he was that night. Why was Peters name on the map, and where did it go. January and February had flown by as well, and just as usual, divination still seemed like a load of crap. He had also gotten his firebolt taken by McGonagall, per Hermiones request to have it inspected. Harry didn't talk to her for a few days, you were there to coax them both into seeing the other's perspective and get them talking again.

-

"Broaden your minds! You must look beyond!" Professor Trelawny exclaimed waving her hands in complex motions. "I can't with her." You muttered to Hermione.

"The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the Inner Eye. Only then can you see." The coke-bottle-glasses teacher started. She interrupted herself when she saw a few students struggling. "Try again." Trelawny instructed.

"Now, what do we have here?" Professor Trelawny said as she walked over to you and Hermiones table. "Do you mind me trying?" Hermione asked. Trelawny nodded and signaled for her to go on. "The Grim, possibly." Hermione mocked looking up.
"My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class... I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit... for the noble art of Divination." Hermione rolled her eyes. "No, you see, there. You may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books... to which you so desperately cleave." Trelawny said 'looking into her soul'. Hermione shoved the crystal ball off the table and stormed out of the classroom.

"Have I said something?" Sybil asked daftly

You shared a look with Harry and Ron.

•**•**•**•**•

"She's gone mental, Hermione has. Not that she wasn't always mental... but now it's in the open for everyone to see." Ron claimed as we walked out of the room.

"Hang on. We better take this back." You said picking up the crystal ball.

"I'm not going back." Ron shook his head.

"Fine. See you later." Harry added turning towards me

"See you." Ron waved.

"I think she's got bugs for brains." Harry laughed as you tossed him the crystal ball. Harry handed Trelawny the cold foggy ball, but when she grabbed it she went into a trance like state.

"Harry Potter, y/n l/n..."

"Professor Trelawney..."

"He will return tonight." The hypnotized lady said.

"Sorry?" Harry asked confused.

"Tonight, he who betrayed his friends, whose heart rots with murder... shall break free. Innocent blood shall be spilt... and servant and master shall be reunited once more." Sybil croaked. Harry at looked at you then back at the teacher. "I'm so sorry, dear children. Did you say something?" She asked. "No." You said plainly. "Nothing." Harry added.

What the hell was going on around here?

______________

a/n: hey potties! OMG 330 READS??? THANK YOU SO MUCH. Sorry for being so inconsistent on the uploading. I promise I'm trying to work out an upload schedule. I was wondering if I should put like a quote or a movie or song like or a line from the chapter at the beginning... let me know! Please vote if you want it really helps! Anyway thank you so much for reading and voting!

Words: 5162

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 219 7
𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓 | ❝ wish i could tell you that i love you but i cant ❞ she writes him a letter hoping she'll get over her feelings but instead ev...
174K 6.4K 47
~ Year four ~ Warning: This is the fourth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read...
22.8K 882 47
βπžπ―πžπ«π²π›π¨ππ² 𝐒𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫π₯𝐝 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐒'𝐦 𝐚 π₯𝐒𝐭𝐭π₯𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐒𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝.❞ 𝐒𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 𝐚 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐒𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐬...
1.3K 35 32
Hi, my name is Harper lily potter.... Harry Potter's younger twin sister and this is my life at Hogwarts you might be wondering what dose it feel lik...