Fatal Attraction

By lovelykokowrites

From the looks of it, Ivory Renee Carter has the life that any grown woman could ask for. She has a successfu... More

CAST+NOTE.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
ATTENTION!

Chapter 8.

1.6K 104 33
By lovelykokowrites

Harlem , New York
June 10th, 2016.
Omniscient

"And that's all we got for you guys! Be on the lookout for the upcoming album from Breezy, called X. Stay tuned, it's ya boy Jermaine from MTV, and we're out!"

Cairo did on final pose before the cameras went off. He was at his other crib, as MTV wanted to do an interview. Since he couldn't come out to them, them came out to him. And they got it poppin.

As soon as he was finished with the interview, him and his team headed for the studio, to continue working on music and the album. Cairo got into his car, vibing to some Donell Jones as he drove. He got a sudden FaceTime phone call, as the contact read Rashad.

That was his friend way back from high school, but that hadn't really spoke to each other since they graduated. He was surprised that he even had his number in his phone. Cairo decided to act like he didn't know who was calling, answering the phone call.

" Yo...who dis?"

" Cairo. I know you remember us..."

He looked more into the phone as he stopped at a red light, seeing who was in the camera. He was baffled as he seen who it was though.

" Tory? Man, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

" Wrong with me? Why are you acting like you can't answer me when I contact you?"

" Maybe because I don't wanna fucking speak to you. That's why."

" You know I wouldn't have to call and text so much if you just take the time to speak to me once. Damn! You got me out here seducing these niggas just to contact you!"

" You would be the one to go and fuck on one of my homies just to get my attention."

" Hey, I do what I got to do. Now will you let me actually speak to you?!"

" Fuck no. What you need to do is speak to a doctor at a clinic."

He hung up the phone immediately after saying that, scoffing at the fact that she was crazy enough to do such
a thing. He knew that she was crazy at hand, but nowadays it was like she was obsessed with him. Doing anything and everything to get his attention. It creeped him honestly.

___

Carter X Studios
same day, 4:30 p.m.
Omniscient

Going inside the building, it was busy like always. When entering the actual studio, Lance was waved, but was a bit busy as he was in session with another artist of his. Cairo went to the lounge room, hanging there with Shawn for like 30 minutes. After that, he went back up, going in the booth to warm up his vocals. Today was the day he was going to collaborate with Tyga, as they were working on a song for the album as well. Lance projected that the song would be a hit, so they needed to spend some time working on it to get it to perfection.

" Cairo!!!! Run that chorus over again!" Shawn yelled. Cairo nodded, placing the headphones on his head again. When he was about to start, he noticed Ivory and Lance sitting on the couch in the back, sitting awfully close. It was unusual to see, especially since every time she would come to the studio, she'd be in another room. Although he didn't show it, it did bother him to see her all near him like that. But he had to remind himself that she wasn't his woman.

Ivory on the other hand, couldn't keep her eyes from looking at Cairo. She hadn't really spoke to him much since that night when Lance told her about his therapy. She felt like they kind of ghosted each other in a way. But she was fairly busy, with the sales of her clothing line increasing each and every day.

" Baby. You okay?"

" Mhm...just thinking, that's all."

" Okay, as long as you're okay, then I'm good." Lance says. He nudged her cheek as he tickled her, making her giggle as he continued.

Ivory could definitely say that Lance has changed in the last two weeks. He's been attending his therapy everyday in the morning, with her going with him to some of them. He's been coming home a lot earlier from the studio than what she was used to, and the affection he's been showing her had been through the roof.

Plus, they've gotten out a lot more together as a couple. The vibes between them both have been very different, but they've changed for the better.

" Yo, you ready big boss? Cause Tyga is!" Shawn yells at Lance. He ignored what had been said, still being intrigued with Ivory. She had to get him in order though, reminding him where they were at.

" Ight baby...ight. You promise?"

" Promise." Ivory whispers to him. He nods, kissing her one more time before he went over to the booth, dapping up Tyga and Cairo.

" Say man...where the females at? I heard you keep 'round here often."

" Yeah, well not today man. Not today."

" Ah, I get it. You got wifey sitting all nice over there, and you ain't tryna get caught up." Tyga usays, looking over at Ivory. Lance nods, looking over there as well.

" Yeah, don't stare too long bruh. Let's just get this work in. Cairo, you can chill while Tyga goes over his verse. We got a lot of mixing with gotta do, so you good for this go round." Lance says.

" Ight." Cairo says. He stays for moment, watching as Tyga goes over the first few lines for his verse. After that, he went out of the booth, going to the lounge room. There, he seen Ivory in the fridge, trying to reach a specific thing.

" Need help?" he asked, chuckling as he saw her struggle.

" Yeah, I do." she says, relieved that someone came. She pointed up at the ginger ale that she wanted, watching him as he easily got it from up high.

" Thank you."

" No problem, shorty."

" Hahaha, very funny." Ivory says, rolling her eyes. Cairo laughed, grabbing himself something to drink as well.

" Long day, huh?"

" Who you telling? It feels like I ain't even slept the day before. That's how tired I am."

" I feel you....how you been though? I ain't spoke or seen you in awhile."

" I know...and I'm sorry for that. I've just been real busy lately. Sales are going crazy."

" I bet you they are. I got my girl Nicki wanting to buy some of your stuff online. Wouldn't be surprised if she shouted you out.."

" Nicki? Like Nicki Minaj?"

" Yeah."

" Ou, I got to tell Tyler! He's gonna flip on that..." Ivy says, seemingly being excited. Cairo grinned, sipping on his tea drink. They ended up talking for quite awhile, varying off and speaking on a bunch of other things.

Ivy felt herself having that same feeling she got when she was around him when she felt like she was having a good time. He made conversation fun and she liked that.

" You know, you keeping talking about me like that like I ain't whoop you in that challenge you put upon me when we were at the gym."

" Ah, here you again with that mess. Like I let you win."

" Psh, please!!! I bet you fair and square. You're just being a baby about it."

" Yeah right...I'd prove myself correct that you ain't had time to go.."

" I can make time to go. Besides, didn't we agree that we were workout buddies?"

" How would Lance like that?"

" He ain't gon' trip over it..."

" you sure about that?"

" what makes you think that I'm not?"

" I don't know....I mean, you two looking a lot closer than usual today. Sitting all close and shit."

" and what's that got to do with you?"

" Nothing. Just an observation, that's all." Cairo says, shrugging his shoulders. Ivory smiled small, sensing a bit of jealously stemming from him as she studied his face.

" What's that look for?"

" What look?"

" Why you looking at me like that for?"

" I ain't looking at you no kind of way...just observing you, like you were with me." Ivy replies, looking at him up and down. Cairo grinned, getting closer her, as she leaned on the kitchen counter.

" You need a better view?"

" Hm, I think the one had before was fine."

" But I know you like this one is better..." he says, looking down at her. Ivory looked down at him, her breath getting heavy just as from the intense staring. Cairo licked his lips, refraining himself from doing anything.

' Damn..' he thought himself. He didn't know how he was able to keep himself aligned for so long.

Suddenly, without even thinking, his hands held her hips, moving down to her thighs. He didn't look up at her as he did so, keeping his eyes on his hands. His touch nearly made her melt, as she was already getting hot from the tension that was formed from them staring at each other. She felt him get closer to her ear, hearing his shirt yet heavy breaths that left his mouth.

" Fuck..." she says lowly. Cairo heard her, biting his lip down to help him from going all out. She had thought she started her cycle, but it was really her getting wet from all
of the sexual tension.

" No....Cairo. Stop." she suddenly says, after getting an odd feeling in her gut. He backed away, her hands pushing on his muscular chest.

" I can't do this. I can't. I— I have a husband. I can't ."

" Nah, I know. Fuck, it's my fault anyway. I ain't mean to do all that." he says, shaking his head.

" We're just friends. Right?"

" Yeah....friends." he says. He took his hat off and sighed, surprised that even was able to hold himself in like he did. Ivory shook nervously, stunned that she allowed herself to be in that situation. It was risky for her too, knowing that Lance and the others could've walked in and saw what was going to happen.

" Baby? You in here?"

" Huh? Y-yes!! Lance!"

Ivory fixed her hair out of nervousness, hearing Lance's voice. He came into the lounge room, confused on why Cairo was in here with Ivory.

" Baby. You okay? You look flustered."

" No, I'm fine baby. Do I not look fine?" Ivy asked quickly.

" Nah, you do baby. You look finer than wine." he bragged. He looked over at Cairo, who was sitting comfortably on the couch looking at his phone.

" Yo C, you good over there?"

" Oh yeah...I'm chilling." Cairo said, looking up from his phone. He glanced over at Ivory, who had a nervous look on her face. Lance furrowed his eyebrow as he seen Cairo look Ivy's way, and grew a bit suspicious.

" Baby, you can go get in the car. I'll be there in a minute."

" You sure?"

" yeah, we going home after this. You and I." Lance says, still looking Cairo's way. She nods and he placed a kiss on her lips, getting out of his hold. He waited till she was gone out of the room to say something to Cairo.

" Kind of early for you to be heading out of here, don't you think?"

" Yeah, well Tyga want the hoes around and they on the way. So I gotta head out. I ain't with that shit no more."

" Really? Surprised to finally hear you say that." Cairo says.

" Look. I'm gone keep this nice and simple. I can tell you and Ivy are friends, and I'm cool with that. I ain't the type to be all insecure and such. But I am gonna tell you this; you need to chill. On some real shit."

" Whatchu you mean?"

" You need to watch how you be looking at Ivy, ight? That's my woman. My lady. My wife."

" Man, I don't know what you're talki—"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about nigga. Just watch yourself man. That's all there is to it. Point. Blank. Period."

Lance looks up and down at Cairo before leaving out of the lounge room. Cairo shrug his shoulders, brushing off what he said. He couldn't take anything that was coming from him seriously, especially since he's seen the way he acts when Ivory wasn't around.

Laughing, he got back on Instagram, scrolling through his TL for awhile. Then when it was time, he got back into the booth, chilling and vibing at the studio like usual. He had himself at least 2 or 3 shots of whatever was around, and had fun with the hoes that were in there.

Suddenly, he got a phone call however. It was from his mother. He was confused, as it was rare for her to ever contact him. He stepped out of the room, answering the phone.

" Hello?"

" Cairo. Baby."

" What? What's going on ma?"

" I need you to come back home.."

" I'm a little busy. So just tell me what's going on so I can understand yo—"

" It's your grandmother."

___

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 4.2K 32
Sariah Farguarson will be starting a new housekeeping job, after the break up of her seven years relationship, she was not looking for another nor a...
4.8K 38 31
Read to find out!!!!! Let me know what you think of the story. Comment & Vote
608 294 43
πŸ’‹ Jadish Houston, a twenty-something year old school teacher, has the perfect life and the perfect husband. Or so she thinks. Plagued with nightmare...
2.8K 317 34
In the heart of Hollis, Queens, New York, a poignant tale of enduring love unfolds. Todd and Isis, once inseparable neighbors, forge an unbreakable b...