Stuck on You

By timtamchow

What if he is her only chance? Her only chance to be free from her father and her brother. Also, a chance for... More

The Edge of Despair
The Mini Hyun
The Contrast
The Unholy Matrimony
The Jealous Little Missy
The Honeymoon
The Casablanca Sweetheart
The Silent Storm
The Crestfallen
The Half Redemption
The Sunstone Bliss
The Bolt from the Blue
The Agony
The HeartBreak
Always and Forever (Finale)
Bonus Chapter #1

The Wacky Offer

3.4K 222 26
By timtamchow

Ji Yeon called me again that evening when I ate my late lunch.

'Eesa-nim, Mr. Hyun's secretary just called me. He said that Mr. Hyun already on his way to your apartment and will arrive in twenty minutes because you didn't answer Mr. Hyun's calls.' I choke right away hearing that news.

After thanking Ji Yeon, I ran to the living room and clean it as fast as I can, then spray the whole room with air freshener. I rush to my closet next, to change my clothes.

What should I wear?

Is a dress too much?

Should I put on some makeup?

You've got to be kidding me, Son Ye Jin!

I cuss myself for thinking like that, is he really that attractive to me?

I decided to wear a U-neck tee along with black culottes. And put light make up to cover my hangover from last night.

I heard the bell ringing and instantly push the open button from the intercom when I saw his face. How did he know the password of the front gate?

When he stepped in, I was a little bit surprised by how casual he looks with his navy button-up jacket and mustard shirt. He also wears a black cap. The aura was very different from last night but equally ravishing.

'Enjoying the view, Ye Jin-ssi?' He said as soon as we settle down in the living room. He must have realized I was watching him since earlier.

I cleared my throat to hide my nervousness. 'So, Bin-ssi, I think we should make a statement that last night was a mistake and we're not in a relationship with each other.' I cross my arms around my chest to show some firmness.

'You don't remember anything at all, don't you? Or should I help you recall what happened last night?' He showed me his dimple and burst into laughter.

Wait, what? Did I do something embarrassing? I didn't sleep with him last night because I woke up this morning with my dress still attached to my body perfectly, what really happens?!

All of a sudden fragments of scenes flashed through my head.

***

Scenes from last night

I stepped out from the cab when I feel a strong-arm support me, helped me to get out.

'Oh! It's you, Bin! Can I poke your dimples, please?' I even show him some aegyo while we walk to my apartment building. Oh my god, Son Ye Jin!

I remember he chuckled. 'Careful Ye Jin-ssi'.

I suddenly stop before we reach the building, 'No no no, I won't get in before you let me poke your dimples'

'You sure know how to irk someone, huh? Alright, I'll let you do that' He turned his head, so I can poke his dimples. After I poke his dimpled cheeks, I felt my sight blurred.

I circled my arm around his neck to seek some support and our eyes met instantly. I give him a peck on his lips. His pupils enlarged due to his surprise. I put my lips on him again, longer than before. His lips didn't move.

And, here comes the worst thing.

'Am I not that attractive to you so you didn't kiss me back?' I breathe out heavily and continued my nonsense talk. 

You should've taken the risk for me!' My voice got louder and people started to stare at us, maybe thinking this is sort of couple fights. Not contented with what I've said before, I continued to cuss at him for rejecting my plan.

'Alright alright, I get your point and I'm sorry. People started staring at us, let's get inside first and you can continue your resentment for me.' He murmured into my ear and I pushed his chest.

'Not that easy mister! I won't let you escape that easily. I will-' before I can finish my sentence, he grabs my jaw and kissed me hard.

***

'Yep, that's why I know your front gate pass. I ensure you to your apartment last night.' He crossed his legs and lean back to the sofa.

I bite my lower lips and feel the urge to hit my own head. How can I be that stupid?

Before I can say anything. He said something much crazier than what I've said last night.

'I'll offer you a win-win solution for us, Ye Jin-ssi. I'll be your investor and you can use my resources to build your own company. But I would like to ask for your hand to be in marriage.'

'Are you drunk, Bin-ssi? Marriage? We only know each other since like what, twenty-four hours? For goodness sake!' I raised both of my hands in the air while sneering at him.

'I've got your point. But even if we denied the rumor, it doesn't make any sense while the pictures say otherwise. Also, your father said that we've been in a relationship for almost a year when my haraboeji called him this morning. He was over the moon when he heard that, at least one of his grandchildren seems keen to settle down. Therefore, he talked to me this morning, saying that this is the right time to get married. My grandfather suffers from lung cancer since last year, Yejin-ssi. And his condition is getting better lately. I'm not risking his health by refusing his will.' He calmly explained it to me, even though I heard some restlessness in his tone.

'That son of a bitch, Son Hae Jin must've told my father about the 'almost one-year' thing. I apologize for my brother, Bin-ssi.' I respond to him, but still don't know the proper answer to his marriage proposal. 

Moreover, I'm still curious about why he seems so eager to do his grandfather's will. I mean marriage is a big leap in someone's life. But it seems that this is a sensitive topic, I'll make sure to ask him later.

'If you agree to this as I said before, I'll be your investor and I'll provide you with my resources. That includes basically anything you need.' I can see his restlessness just escalate to misery judging from his tone.

'But we must sign a prenup agreement regarding our marriage and the business company.' Marrying him wouldn't be so bad right? I get what I need to achieve my dreams while he also gets to fulfill his grandfather's will.

'Deal' His restlessness and misery fade instantly.

***

We talked about the prenup agreement immediately and will sign it later in the lawyer's office. I suggest Ji Hye as she is a really good lawyer and a family friend as well. Ji Hye's involvement in this thing would make me feel less restless. 

He agreed to my suggestion since he also knew about Seo & Partners Law Firm owned by Ji Hye's family. After we talked about the business and discussing the number, such as how much shares he'll get from my company, we presume to the marriage thing.

'Is this a contract marriage, Bin-ssi?' I asked him just to make things really clear.

'No, it is not Ye Jin-ssi. I believe you know that building a company would take years, through trials and errors. Unless something happens and one of us wants to end this marriage.'

'So how about the emotional, that deep-rooted needs every human being possessed?' I tried really hard to make my question sounds modest, but he straightly said it.

'You mean sex?'

'You do sex, don't you? I know you do. We both know how important reputation is, especially in this society. You can't have sex with anyone as long as you married me, Bin-ssi. I don't want to take the risk.' I firmly said it to him because I don't want to wake up in the morning, with news spreading on the internet that my husband caught getting into a hotel with some random woman. It'll definitely ruin my reputation too.

Hearing my response, he closed our distance until I can feel his breath against my ear. 'If I don't get the fun, so are you Ye Jin-ssi.'

'Deal, that would be easy for me.' I hope you won't regret saying that, Son Ye Jin!

He handed me a blue velvety box. Harry Winston's name engraved inside it. I saw a gold ring with an emerald diamond on top of it. The emerald diamond surrounded by smaller white diamonds. This ring undoubtedly dazzling.

He just said 'Wear it, because we will release the news of our engagement tonight.'

'I won't take your marriage proposal like that, Bin-ssi. My second marriage would probably take ten years from now. Why would I wait for that long when I can experience it now? I would like a proper proposal from you.' I push back the box to him, smiling sneakily and waiting for his response.

'You sure know to irk someone even when you sober, aren't you? Alright if that's what you want me to do' He stood from the sofa and I follow him.

'God! I can't believe I do this, hmmm alright okay-' I laughed hearing him mumbling but stands still.

'It doesn't count if you only say the 'will you marry me' ones. Make sure to put some sentences before' Hearing what I said he put his fingers throughout his hair, maintaining his sanity.

'Son Ye jin, the cunning Son Ye Jin. Who captured my heart since the first time we met, just 27 hours ago. Who always irks me with her words. But still dazed me with her exceptionally beautiful eyes smile. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?' He kneels on one knee but his face said something like 'Don't you dare to say no after what all I've done.'.

'Yes, Mr. fastidious. I do!' A laugh left my lips while he straightens himself.

While he put the ring on my finger he said, 'I hope you like the ring, I just got it this afternoon before I went here.'

'Thank you, Bin-ssi. For the ring, I get to keep it even if we divorce right?' I teased him. He just laughed it off.

'Don't you think we should call each other more casually? Bin-ssi and Ye Jin-ssi sounds too formal if we look at the fact that we're getting married soon.' I asked him while admiring my beautiful ring.

'You're younger than me, aren't you? If you get your master's degree from two years ago, and you go straight studied in France after you graduated from Cornell. Also, I knew you already finished your second year at SNU (Seoul National University) before you went to New York, I remember my cousin He Ra told me that you are her senior there.' He tried to calculate my age while I tried to cut him off before he could finish it.

'Ha! You should call me oppa then. Even if I missed four years from my calculation, I'm still older than you. Try to say 'oppa' then?' He acted like an adult who teaches a baby to talk. I scoff at him as he pats my head.

'Oppa' I said with a small voice, almost whispering.

'I cannot hear you, kiddo. Said it again.' He put his ear closer to my lips intentionally.

'OPPA!!' I screamed at his ear and he immediately stepped back and rub his ear.

'Clear your schedule for Wednesday night, we'll meet my family.' He said while he walked to the door.

'Alright, I'll tell my father about our plan tonight.' I bid him goodbye but he stopped me by reaching for my hand.

He kissed my forehead for a moment before he said, 'That's for screaming at my ear earlier.' I know he was smiling when he said that. And just like that, he walked away.

I felt my face flushed. I don't know why, but I always consider a forehead kiss as the purest kiss. Unlike the 'kiss' kiss who is often dominated by lust. After I closed the door, I sat back on the sofa again, thinking about the kiss earlier and what should I say to my father.

***

I'd like to say thank you to those who voted, commented, and adding this story to their reading list. I'll try my best to update this story as soon as I can!

-timtamchow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 6K 39
#WATTYS2020 An unforeseen encounter between flight attendant Son Yejin and a journalist Hyun Bin had led to an investigation of a scandal in the airl...
82.7K 4.6K 21
Too glam to give a damn, city girl Son Yejin decides to stay single while her best friends are married but constantly whining about their jealous hus...
48.1K 1.8K 12
Hyun Bin is a CEO of SK's biggest coffee shops chain. An ambitious businessman by day, a womanizer by night. Son Yejin is an owner of a small coffee...
133K 12.2K 51
Have you ever found love, but lost it at the same time? Meet our girl Yoon Jin Ah. She is up for anything that will set her free from the seven years...