The Agony

Hope you enjoyed this one. Your support through votes and comments means a lot to me!💛

***

Yejin sat down alone at one of the seats in front of the operation room, with her dress and hands still covered with his blood. She blankly stares at the white wall across her, and tears won't stop coming from her puffy eyes as her mind filled with the inability to see where the future might go.

The thought of losing Bin made her feels like she was about to collapse, while time seems like slowing down for her.

Her eyes shifted when she heard someone called her from the distance, 'Yejin-ah!' It's Mrs. Hyun, who almost run to her. Joon followed Mrs. Hyun from behind.

Seeing how miserable her daughter-in-law was, Mrs. Hyun hugged her tightly; ignoring the fact that her clothes got stained with his son's blood from Yejin's dress.

Mrs. Hyun could feel her vision blurred with a brim of tears, but she patted Yejin on her shoulders, 'Everything will be okay, Yejin-ah. Halabeoji and Bin's father is now talking to the director of the hospital. We'll make sure that he'll get the best treatment.'

Not knowing how to communicate her feeling, she only let out a gut-wrenching sob.

'Let's go clean yourself up first. Joon, wait here while I help your sister-in-law.'

When she went to the toilet with Mrs. Hyun, the smell of cleaning supplies made her nose wrinkling and a sour and bitter tang filled her mouth.

Yejin tried to cover her mouth and suppressed it, but luckily, she made it to the toilet on time. In the end, tears escaped from Mrs. Hyun's eyes as she saw Yejin like this. Thinking how it must be really hard for Yejin to be pregnant in the midst of this situation.

***

'Fortunately, his wound wasn't deep, Dr. Hyun. The knife scratched the liver but we managed to stop the bleeding as he was immediately taken to the hospital. However, he needs to stay here for at least five days and needs to be careful when he walks or move since he lost a lot of blood before.' The doctor talked to Bin's father after Bin was transferred to the inpatient room. They know each other as they worked at the same hospital before.

Mr. Hyun thanked the doctor and went to Yejin who seats next to Bin who was still unconscious. Her hand holds his hand tight as her thumb caressed it softly. 'Take a rest first, Yejin-ah. I'll stay here with Joon and Halabeoji. I promised I'll call you if something happens.'

Yejin really wanted to stay by his side, but she tried to think about their little tadpole inside her womb first. She surely needs to rest after everything that happened earlier.

'And Bin won't be happy if you being stubborn about this, Yej. Let's take a rest first and come back here in the morning.' She thought.

'I booked two rooms for you and Bin's mother at a hotel just across the hospital, so you could see him as soon as he woke up.'

***

'I don't think I'll be in the office for the rest of the week. Discuss everything with Mr. Park first.' She told Jiyeon the morning after. After the call ended, Yejin took the elevator to eat breakfast with Mrs. Hyun. She only brought her phone in her hand and wore a white cashmere-blend sweater paired with light blue jeans.

Even her favorite egg toast tastes bland that morning, but she pushed herself to eat. When she was about to finish it, her phone on the table vibrates. 'Husband' could be seen clearly from the screen.

Her heart thumping like crazy when she picked it up. 'Hello? Is it you, Bin?'

And she could hear the voice of him speaking softly to her, 'Where are you, Yej? I miss you.'