The Half Redemption

Quite an emotional chapter, but I hope you enjoyed this! And it has always been fun to read all of the comments from you guys. It helped me decided what should be done in the next chapters. Thank youu for your enthusiasm for this story! And let me know what you think about this chapter in the comments section too💛

***

February in Melbourne supposed to be a sizzling summer day. But the gentle cool breeze and the blazing sun made a perfect combination that day. The temperature dropped a few degrees and Bin glad he doesn't need to keep on changing clothes and showering due to the heat.

But lord knows how much he misses her. And the good weather seems couldn't treat his longing for her.

The meeting with the deputy president from Hyun & Co. Group branch in Melbourne and the staff ended quite late, but things are going well so far. The thought of meeting Yejin in two days made a small smile escaped from the corner of his mouth as he planned to take her on a date. As soon as he back in Seoul.

However, as the old saying goes, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Don't count on something good happening until it's happened.

Right after Bin opened the door of the apartment, there was an incoming call from his mother. His eyes got wider and he could feel his heart beating so fast to what Mrs. Hyun just said.

'How is she now?' It was the only question that could leave his mouth.

'She's sleeping and the doctor said this happens mainly because of stress, Bin. She probably needs to stay in the hospital at least for the next three days. You did already tell her about Hyekyo, didn't you?' Said Mrs. Hyun from the other line.

Shit!

'Why? Did she ask you about Hyekyo, eomma?'

'Well, I met her last weekend and she did ask me some questions about Hyekyo. And I heard from Won that she asked him too. What actually is happening, Bin-ah?' A slight of enragement can be heard from her voice. She told him about how Yejin met Mr. Song the other day too.

'I'll fly back to Seoul with the private jet right after this, please take care Yejin in the meantime, eomma. I'll call you again when I arrived at Incheon.'

He called Woojin right away and only packed his essentials into a small case. And in the next hour, Bin already settled in his seat inside the jet and ready to take off.

***

'What do you want for lunch, Yejin-ah? I'll cook anything you want, tell me.' Mrs. Hyun opened the food container filled with abalone porridge inside as she gave Yejin the spoon.

'No, please don't bother eomonim. And I'm sorry for making you cooking this early. I will enjoy this.' Yejin smiled and took a spoon of it. Even though she doesn't have much appetite, she pushed herself to eat so she can go back to work as soon as possible.

Mrs. Hyun stayed with her as she ate breakfast. But the door slides open which made both Yejin and Mrs. Hyun turned their heads around.

And there he was. Still in his white shirt and dark trench coat on top of it. Weariness can be seen clearly through his face due to the long flight, but he sighed out of relief as soon as he saw Yejin.

Although she could feel tears were forming, she wouldn't let them fall. Thus, Yejin only took a glanced at him for a second and continued eating her breakfast, 'This is really delicious, eomonim!'

Mrs. Hyun knows that it was best to leave the two alone, so she smiled softly at Yejin and said 'I'll give Jun a call outside, Yejin-ah. Call me if you need anything.'