The Unholy Matrimony

'You can go first; I'll get a lunch with Ji Hye and go straight to the office.' Ye Jin said to Bin after they finalized their prenup agreement at Seo & Partners Law Firm that afternoon.

'Alright, I'll see you this weekend.' Bin kissed Ye Jin's right cheek and said goodbye to Ji Hye who was standing still watching the 'lover'.

After the sight of Bin vanished from their sight; Ji Hye turns her face to Ye Jin, 'What was that?'

'What was what?'

'The kiss obviously!'

It's been around three weeks since they started their wedding preparation, from choosing the venue to picking the wedding dress. For those past weeks, they've been compromising with how they act in front of others, this includes when to kiss or simple gestures such as holding hands.

It would be a big lie if her heart doesn't flutter at all. But she's still cautious about her feeling towards Bin.

'Can't you see that he's so whipped for you?' Ji Hye put her chopstick hardly on their table after hearing her explanation.

'No, he's not. It was just acting. Really good acting to cover up our unconventional marriage.' Even doubt can be heard in her voice.

'We've been friends since we were in high school, Yej. I know how hard those people hurt you. Your father, your older brother, and your ex-fiancée. Even when you are mending your broken pieces, you are still growing with grace. You stand for yourself and make sure those people won't alter you. But I don't want you to miss this opportunity that may not come twice in your life. Maybe this time, just give yourself a chance to let someone in again.'

Hearing this from her closest friend made her think again about how she doesn't date anyone in the last five years. She still remembers everything. The day her used to be best friend confessed to her that she's pregnant with her fiancée's child just two days before the wedding. How she told her that both of them been seeing each other behind her back for almost a year.

Seeing how Ye Jin stayed silent, Ji Hye tried to make the conversation less serious, '...And look at his bone structure! That could be the bone structure of your future children. Don't you want them to be as beautiful as his?'

'Yeah, I'm sure I do want them as my future children's bone structure.' Ye Jin's laugh at her friend's antics.

***

It was the day of their wedding. The early autumn breeze can be felt as they choose a garden as their wedding venue. The ray from the sunsets also adorns the aisle pleasingly.

With Won and Joon both playing the guitar and piano version of Make You Feel My Love for the wedding march, it was utterly perfect.

'To have and to hold.'

'For better for worse.'

'For richer, for poorer.'

'In sickness and in health.'

'To love.'

'To cherish.'

'As long as we both shall live.'

'I do.'

'I do.'

Maybe time stopped when his lips met hers, he kissed her delicately but she can feel his confidence. Her heart skipped a beat when she decided to part her lips as she felt him washing over her. Feeling her nervousness, he strokes her right cheek in a reassuring way. She couldn't control the flutter within.

After a moment, they stopped and she can hear the guest already stand up and giving their applause. Feeling a little bit dazed, she leaned on to Bin's side as Bin's kiss her temple.