The Worst Journey Of High Sch...

By Queenart13

Holly, the daughter of one of the greatest and richest worldwide scientists, enters an educational institutio... More

The First Impression
The Empty Parking Space.
The Name: Jayson or Jay?
The Work From Home
The Worms
The Counter Guy
The Warning
The Red Glasses
The Detention
The Upside down Smile.
The Author's Note.
The Upside Down Smile: Part 2
The Blame
The Solution
The Apology
The Danger
The Unfair Fight
The Death
The Club
The Foreign Mei
The War of Colours
The Twins
The Author's Note
The Permission
The Betrayal
The Party Fiasco
The First Contact
The Sister
The Save
The Trash Talker
The Refusal
The Deal
The Author's Note.
🗨️Characters 💬
The Blackmail
The Sleepover...And More
The Truth
The Queen Bee
The Lesson

The Text

20 2 0
By Queenart13

Thursday 2:30pm
I checked my watch and groaned in frustration for the tenth time. I wasn't comfortable sitting on the toilet, not releasing any metabolic waste, but it was better than going to classes after the embarrassment I just faced.
I had been crying in the stall. The worse part, I didn't know why.

I hoped that hiding here in the girls restroom would make me pass time, but time goes slower when you're in a confined space.

The bell rang for the next class. I either had Biology or Physics today. I wasn't sure.
I stood up and rested my back on the wall, looking up to the ceiling. I closed my eyes trying to calm my mind.
I hate Alex.
I hate Emma.
I hate Jessica and Zoe, even if they weren't there.
I hate every single person in this school.

I breathed in and out steadily, trying to calm down. To remain calm is most times better in situations like this, even the bible says so. But, all I could think of....was revenge.
All I kept thinking about was making Alex regret ever making such false accusation against me. Making Emma and everyone else regret supporting him.
I had set my mind to crush them.

I sighed. My throat was parched-I hadn't drank water in a long time.
My wrist hurt.

•••••••••••••••

Thursday 3:09pm
I was glad that I wore a sweater with a hoodie because I could cover my face while I sped quickly to Sam's car to get out of school. Nobody noticed me.
I saw Nicki and Daniel. They were looking around.
Were they looking for me?
No. They don't know what happened. Yet.

I quickly hopped into the driver's seat and sped off school grounds quickly to exit while honking at anyone standing or walking too slowly across the road.

When I came out of the elevators, stepping into my living room, I went straight for the other elevator close to the kitchen to go to my room.
I didn't notice Sam till she noticed me.
"Oh there you are! I've finally fixed the capsule-"

I went in the elevator before she could finish.

•••••••••••••••

Thursday 3:28pm
I didn't bother to take my shoes off, take a shower or even change to more comfortable clothes. I just collapsed on my bed and relaxed my body.
My headache calmed down a bit as I closed my eyes, appreciating the tranquility in my room.
Thank God for peace.

My room door opened, puffing out the smoke of sweet scent.
"Holly?" Sam called as she entered my room.
The door closed behind her. I turned my head to my door and slightly opened my eyes.
There she was, her curly hair let loose, a black tank top and joggers. She still held the capsule in her hand.
"I'm I talking to a corpse?" She called again.

I think she felt disrespected.
"I'm fine. Sorry for ignoring you earlier" I murmured as I grabbed a pillow and hugged it tight to my chest feeling even more comfortable.

Sam took a long look at me. "Well somebody who ignores thier big sister, sleeps on the bed with thier shoes and dirty school clothes on, doesn't look fine to me."

"Sam I'm good. Don't worry about me."

"I wasn't worrying about you" Sam said in her usual mean attitude.

"Then please leave." I said politely as I turned to the other side, still clutching to the pillow.
I heard her sigh. She dropped something on my work table, and walked to the bed, where I was facing.
"Holly. Your eyes are red and you have pink swollen eye bags. What happened at school?"

I kept quiet.
" I'm your sister and yes, sometimes we don't get along, but it's my responsibility to take care of you."

I bit my lip. She's tricking me into talking by being nice.... NICE! "Just talk to me. Mom and Dad aren't around, so we'll have much time to have a long sister-to-sister conversation without interruptions." She said as she looked back at me.

I finally put down my guard.
"Y-yesterday, I was hired by this boy to make a map for him...."

I told her everything that happened today with Alex, how he kept forcing me to fix his drone, how people taunted me about being Leo's girlfriend, mostly putting a lot of effort to convince her it wasn't true and how Alex had slapped me with a book.
"He slapped you?? What?!" Sam asked shocked and quite angry at the same time.

"It's okay Sam. I hit him first anyways." I said looking away.

"But that's not- ugh... whatever." she said in frustration as she walked around my room.

"Well are you going to fix it? or easily buy a new one, to save time?" Sam asked.

"No. I told him I wasn't going to fix what I didn't break. I'm sticking by it." I said sitting up on my bed.

" Well alright. The way you described Alex's drone. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere. And boy, it's expensive." Sam chuckled.

"A problem for us?"

"Nope" Sam smirked.
I told Sam I wasn't definitely sure about my decision and that I didn't want to go to school but she advised to take a nap first to let my head cool down.
"But first, go take a shower and wear new clothes. When you wake up, your
situation-solving senses would come back." Sam said.

"Besides," she continued. "not coming to school might make things worse. Like you're avoiding the problem instead of fixing it. So you're gonna go to school tomorrow, alright? "

" Okay" I said smiling a bit.

She was about to walk out when she looked down at my table. " Oh I almost forgot " She said. " I fixed your capsule!"

She threw it and I caught in my hands. It looked normal. I wanted to press the button but immediately remembered there was a hover bike in it.
"Turns out dust had seeped in. I figured the dust from your hover bike tires kept stacking up, since you weren't washing it like I kept telling you to!" Sam said, arms on her hips, annoyed.

I laughed nervously. So Jessica isn't a suspect.
" It took me a lot of time to clean that. You owe me Holly."

" I always owe you" I said.

"Take a shower." She said before leaving my room.

•••••••••••••••••

Thursday 9:24pm
After having dinner with my family I retired to bed. I hadn't had the time to think about my actions clearly since I woke up when my dad came back from Sparks Corp.

I closed my eyes to sleep.

••••••••••••••••

Thursday 9:37pm
My phone buzzed the third time. I couldn't ignore it like the last 2 times. I turned to the other side of my bed. I was half asleep but I was able to grab my phone from my bedside table.
I turned it on and the increased screen light almost removed the sleep out of me.
I decided to press my phone without directly looking at the screen.
It was a message from an unsaved number.

Now I was interesting and put my sleep aside. I sat up rubbing my eyes as I checked my three unread messages.

From: +*********** : Hey.

+***********: Holly this is Leo.

+***********: Pls text back when u see this.

Seeing Leo's name changed my mood. I didn't feel like texting him.
What if he starts lecturing me on not starting trouble or not fixing Alex's drone or might even want an explanation to the 'Leo's girlfriend' gossip, which I didn't have.
But his plead made me text back anyway. I decided not to beat around the bush.
HOLLY: How did you get my number?

He replied fast.
+*********** : Ur school portfolio

HOLLY: That's not normal. I think that's illegal.

+*********** : Forget that pls. I needed ur number so bad. The way u ran off today.

+*********** : I was deeply worried. I was just so confused. I didn't know what to do.

HOLLY: Someone broke Alex's drone into pieces and now he's blaming me. That's y we were fighting.

+*********** : Did he hurt u?

I thought about it. Did he really?
Mostly verbally.

HOLLY: No. Just insults. Painful ones.

+*********** : I'm sorry. I should have been there for u.

No texts after 5 mins.

+*********** : Are u going to fix it?

I didn't reply until I thought about it. I saved his number.
HOLLY: Yes.

His reply came so quickly.
LEO: Why?

HOLLY: I hate to admit it, but Alex was right about one thing; His drone's safety was my responsibility. And I let him down by not protecting it from damage. Whether I did it or not, it's my fault.

HOLLY: So I have to fix it.

LEO: No.

HOLLY: 🤨

LEO: Ur not fixing that drone.

HOLLY: Leo it's the only thing I can do now. The embarrassment was too much for me. I have to or else, there'll be bigger problems later.

LEO: I don't care about that. I'm not scared of Alex's threats neither should u.

HOLLY: I'm not scared, I'm just being careful.

LEO: Tomorrow u'll meet me at the principal's office. I'm going to tell him about this.

HOLLY: No don't! If he does, it will make matters worse!

LEO: Holly, I won't let this pass. First, they spread lies of you and I being in a relationship.

I blushed.
LEO: Not like it a bad thing btw.

LEO: Second, Alex disrespects me like I'm his mate. That makes me angry. He must be punished for this. One way or the other.

HOLLY: Goodnight Leo.

I turned my phone off.
I regret texting him, because now....
I can't sleep anymore.

Words: 1657
Has bullying ever made you cry or did you later show them who's boss? Thanks for reading and please tell me your bulling experiences and how you solved them in the comments :⁠^⁠)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 111 40
"What?" He asked, pulling me from my daydream again. I chuckled, biting my lip again. "Are you thinking about me naked?" He asked jokingly. I blushed...
328K 11.1K 52
"I need you to stop bullying Reese." Oh, so it was because of her friend. "I-I will do anything, just make it stop." Her eyes softened along with her...
246K 4.8K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
122 33 21
Amelia's life is shattered when a tragedy befalls her. All she ever wanted to do was escape from her reality. The trauma she faced gnawed at her, eat...