Waver✓

By _omanita

"I dare you to kiss the girl on your right." The girl on the right. . . my sleep deprived mind made out slugg... More

S T O R Y D E S C R I P T I O N & C H A R A C T E R S
K O R J ?
P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
E P I L O G U E
B O N U S C H A P T E R
A C K N O W L E D G E M E N T S

T W E N T Y - T W O

980 150 97
By _omanita

<Picture perfect you don't need no filter. Gorgeous make them drop dead, you're a killer. Shower you with all my attention, yeah these are my only intentions- 'Intentions' Justin Bieber, Quavo>

|22|

"YOU DON'T want to do what? Ehn, Olay?!" Mom repeated. She'd finally showed up and she perched a kimbo on the last of the stairs, surveying us, her arms placed on her waist.

"Good evening Ma'am," Kian said, not giving me a chance to reply. Frack!

Mom stepped down and maneuvered her way to stand beside me, all the while smiling brightly at Kian. "Good evening my boy." Hmm, when exactly did Kian become her boy?

The moment he became your date, my evil bad mind whispered.

She continued, "Please dear, don't bother calling me Ma'am, you can call me Sasha instead. How are you?"

He beamed back at her, slightly shaking his mussed blonde hair. "I'm fine, Ma'am and no I'll keep on calling you Ma'am."

I bit back a smile, the fact that Kian respected my Mom too much to call her by her given name was sweet of him.

Another reason to go out with him, bad mind piped up. Slink away.

Mom started badgering him with silly questions like how his parents were, whether he liked cooking--- this one had me wondering why she was asking--- and Kian, ever the obliging gentleman, patiently answered each of them.

Rolling my eyes at her antics, I crossed my arms and huffed. It seemed I had been forgotten by the two. And it also seemed I wouldn't ever get the chance to tell Kian I didn't want to go out anymore.

"Silly me, with all my questions, I've been keeping you guys waiting. Oh, do go along now and have some fun." Mom pushed me gently out of the doorway before I could say Jack Robinson.

"But I didn't get to say what I wanted to say, Mom," I whined, a frown etching itself between my arched brows. I had no choice but to do this right now.

"Oh please, you can tell him that when you're in the car and Kian dear, please be sure to bring her back before 11. And in a good condition too." She ignored my whining and gave Kian a serious look.

Nawa oh! There was no budging her and I had a feeling I would eventually be going out with Kian. Which wasn't what I wanted. Right? Infact, the pull to cancel the date wasn't strong anymore. I was lured and a little bit tempted to go out with this extremely hot guy.

Drat it! Well, Jayden, I thought in a resigned tone, I guess I could never really go through with it. Not after seeing how happy Mom appeared to be. Besides, the heart wants what it wants and it seemed it wanted to go out with Kian. And there was no stopping my heart.

"Sure thing Ma'am," he reassured Mom and even crossed his heart playfully. Mom laughed out, her glee ringing off loudly and I smiled along with her. It was this moment that I finally knew I wouldn't cancel the date anymore.

"Funny boy you've got there, Olay." She winked at me. Kian coughed, a mocking one and faced the other way, no doubt smirking in satisfaction. Ass.

"Mom. . ." I started, my cheek going all pinkish. She surely knew how to embarrass someone. Kian was not my boy. But the notion of him being mine sent my pulse ricocheting high.

She just wriggled her eyebrows in a suggestive manner and shooed us off but not before calling out, "Make sure to use a condom guys!" and closed the door with a loud bang.

Huh?! What the frack did I just hear now? I stopped in my tracks, taken aback. It was an understatement to say that my whole body turned a bright red in mortification and dismay. I knew Mom had a mischievous streak in her but I hadn't expected her to be that mischievous.

Even Kian paused too, probably thinking what a hoe my mother was.

The door opened once more and we spun back to see Mom's head pop out. "I'm just kidding. Don't do anything stupid," she dragged the word stupid, gave us a thumbs up and closed the door again. With a loud bang as before.

Slightly bemused, I turned my face to Kian's--- who had an equally bemused expression on his face--- and then abruptly, we each doubled down in laughter, my humiliation earlier withering away slowly with each gasps of mirth.

"You've got a playful mom, Jamila. It must be fun living with her," he said after we were done laughing and was making our way to his car.

"Yes, very fun," I replied tentatively, still a little bit embarrassed as I slid inside his rosemary scented Audi. I was relieved he'd not made any snarky comments on Mom's outrageous statement, even though I'd expected him to.

"Well, what did you want to say earlier?" he asked, as he revved up the engine. His hands took their position on the steering wheel and he turned to me, his right eyebrow cocked.

There was no need now to mention my plan as I wasn't following up with it anymore so I told him, lying through my teeth, "Nothing, it seems I've forgotten."

Forgot my ass, good mind jabbed.

Kian cracked a sexy knowing grin at me, as if he knew I was lying and didn't say any other thing. Neither did I. He started driving, the slow throaty purr of the car, the only sound to be heard. I didn't bother to break the peaceful silence because I was lost in disturbing thoughts, pondering on what Mom had said.

Although she'd been joking, where on Earth had Mom gotten that idea from? The thought of Kian and I having sex was . . . well not to be thought about. I quickly turned off my thinking capacity in that area.

Shaking my head, I smiled into the darkness, even with all of Mom's eccentricity I still loved her to bits.

***

"We're here!" Kian exclaimed excitedly and parked the car in front of a large magnolia tree. He got out, walked to the passenger door and kindly held it open for me.

"Thank you," I murmured, tossing him a shy grateful smile as I took the hand he offered.

"You're welcome, beautiful," he drawled softly, gazing at me. I blushed and faced down, my heart racing a thousand miles. Kian had called me beautiful twice tonight and the both times he'd said it, I'd been filled with a mushy unknown emotion that made me feel all warm and toasty inside.

"Could you please wait here for a few minutes? I want to go get us our tickets," he said after an awkward moment of us staring at each other.

I nodded, too flustered to speak, scanning around as he veered off towards a red booth located on the right.

Kian had brought me to Cedar Point, a very large amusement park that occupied almost 365 acres of land. Although I've never been there before, I've heard stories of how magnificent and fun it was and seeing all the huge luminous structures now, had me thrilled.

I resumed my observation. It was a very noisy place, shrieks of laughter renting the air every second. A lot of people milled around having fun. They were mostly teenagers, all dressed up in pretty and casual clothes. A few were hooting loudly in laughter, while some walked about talking and whispering to each other in hushed voices. I could spot a few girls standing in a corner, eating huge pink fluffy cotton candies and feasting their eyes on something that had them giggling and sighing dreamily to themselves.

My eyes followed their line of sight to see what had caught their attention. It was a young couple who sat on a bench placed under another brightly lit magnolia tree. They were very cute together, the boy so devilishly hot and the girl hauntingly enchanting. But that wasn't why they girls were watching though, it was the fact that they were deeply kissing right in front of everyone and not giving a darn about it.

Seeing them, I couldn't help but feel a tiny tug in my heart and remember an old memory of Kian in eleventh grade when he'd forbidden anyone from talking to me or having anything to do with me because he'd seen Michael, a black handsome jock talking to me the other day.

"And I mean it, none of you should ever talk to trash like her or think of wanting to be in a relationship with her. She's not worth it! And if you do, you'll surely get it from me. You guys fucking hearing me?!" he'd shouted at Michael and the rest of my grade boys in the field.

Micheal, his head brought down in humiliation, had silently nodded and left me like the coward he was.

Since then, no boy had the guts to speak to me or talk more of wanting to date me and I had been a pathetic wallflower fading into the background, no one to even give me a fleeting look. That was in the past though, there was no need bringing it up now but it still ached.

I lifted my gaze away from them, sighing deeply and breathed in the delicious smell of the hotdog and grilled chicken lacing the night air. Yum.

"Hey, Jamila, over here!" Kian waved at me, holding two big candies in his left hand and standing next to a medium sized photo booth. Turning to his direction, I gladly ambled over to him, tense and excited as well that the fun was going to begin soon.

Holding my wrist with his right palm, he led me inside the Photobooth and we gingerly sat down on the white bench that had been kept there.

The interior of the Photobooth was nice, spacey and comfy too. It was also ablaze with tiny, pink, gaudy and garish lights that blinked rapidly every minute. The atmosphere in there was one of charged excitement, as a tingly rush of anticipation swept through me.

"Choose one and get ready for a picture," Kian whispered, minty breath washing over my heated cheeks at our proximity and presented both sweets to me. Smiling in the dim lights, I took the purple lollipop, acknowledging his kind gesture.

There was a buzz and then a flash of light, a picture of Kian and I had been taken. At first I acted awkwardly but as we continued taking lots and lots of pictures, all my inhibitions ran free. We took various funny and ungainly styles, licking our sweets and laughing at each other's comical poses.

"No Kian, just this last one please," I begged him when he decided it was time to go out. Rolling his eyes playfully, he relented and settled into the bench, long legs crossed.

Bracing myself, I grinned widely at the camera, the lollipop I clutched poised to my mouth. Still sitting down, Kian suddenly saddled up close, rosemary essence enveloping me in a rosy haze, and placed his lips on my blushing cheeks. The lights went flashing! He'd pecked me.

Afterwards, while we waited for the camera to process our pictures, I wrapped my arms around my dazed body, pulse racing wildly. The urge to touch my still hot cheeks with my fingers, relishing the impression of Kian's lips there was enticing but I tamped it back down.

Besides, it was just a peck and not a kiss, I tried convincing myself, in a bid to calm down, and a peck is not that big a thing. But it was sorta a big thing 'cos no boy had ever pecked me on my cheeks before and Kian had been the first to do so. I reddened again at the thought.

"Oh Jamila, look at you blushing!" Kian snickered, as we went through each of the twenty something pictures we'd taken. His teeth glinting, he showed me the last picture, the one in which he'd pecked me.

"It was the lights," I muttered, unwilling to agree to his statement, as I pored over the glossy pic.

The girl in the picture appeared to be surprised and at the same time abashed as the golden haired boy put his lips to her cheeks, the gaudy pink light overhead creating a foggy-ish halo filter. It was a nice picture and I resisted the urge to trail my hand over it, bounding it to memory.

"Oh yeah, it was the lights or it was just me," he jested, a smirk making his lips curl upwards. Those lips which had touched my skin.

Jeez, Olay, why are you making such a big deal out of this? I reprimanded myself sharply.

Refusing to reply, I finished licking my lollipop and turned my gaze to the ground as we made our way across the buzzing throngs of people.

When I looked up, we were standing in front of the Audi. Huh? Was the date already over? I was nonplussed and asked him, displeasure tainting my tone, "Uhmm, are you taking me back home?"

"Nope, we still have one more place to go." He winked at me, that facial motion igniting another traitorous blush from me, signalling I enter the car. That I eagerly did, the palpitation in my veins at fever pitch.

Where was he taking me to now? And why on Earth was I so darn glad the date wasn't over?

A/N: Hello peeps, how far na? Once again, I had to cut the chap cos it was extremely long :-( buh then here you go! I do hope you like it! So today's my Mom's birthday y'all, and I'll like it if you can also send a birthday wish♡ Happy birthday Mom, I love you loads❤ P.s: Who else apart from me thinks Olay's mom is a bae? And also a hoe? Wave your hands if you do so, lol.

Nita.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 32.5K 70
___________ "You're Jumoke, right? The new girl?" How did he know? "Yes? What happened? Who's looking for me?" "I just asked a question. No harms. Ta...
73.8K 3.1K 38
"I hate you so much, but why do I want to kiss you right now?" HeeSun Au Based on the K-drama Love Alarm, but with a completely different plot. Enem...
318K 9.2K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
320K 15K 72
[Completed] "In a twisted way, I guess I'm glad I fucked up so many times in my life. They always said I'd get my Karma and that led me to you, baby...