for him | skephalo, fluff

By donutnom

cover art by cherrylsoda on Twitter a fluff, high school au Zak plans on taking his life until he meets a fam... More

october 15th
we met by the bridge
dumb reasons
bed, floor, or couch
"a date"
the muffin squad
duck plushie
sam and darryl
soulmates and nightmares
the aftermath
the return
idots
chapter 14
one last day
moving in
overthrow
festival
who next
interference
compromise
guilt
salutations
cover blown
fiasco pt. 1
fiasco pt. 2
the last sunny day of november
clay's first solo mission
denial
family dinners
valerie's crush
teenagers
affinity
confrontation
picnic
shoplifting
hangout
arrangement
the first firework
buddy system
18
revelry
preparation
february
prom prince
epilogue

father and mother

9.5K 382 1.1K
By donutnom

TW: ABUSE, BLOOD, CUTTING

~Darryl's POV~
I saw mother walk in. She shot me a glare of daggers. I tried to ignore her. I looked over to Zak l who was giving me a worried expression.

The principal came out of his office. "Darryl, Mrs. Noveschosch. Come in."

I got up and started walking over to the principal's office, mother by my side. She didn't look too happy with me. We walked into the office and took a seat.

"Hello." Our principal, Mr. Schlatt said to us. "Darryl. The other day, your parents called school. Apparently, you've gone missing last Friday. And you were last seen at school and didn't come home. So, where have you been."

I didn't want to tell them I was Zak. If I did, he would get in trouble as well. It was just like my dream.

I thought for a second about what to say. Mother had an annoyed glare and was impatiently tapping her foot.

Mr. Schaltt laughed. "Well, Ms. Noveschosch, there's a kid in reception right now. His name is Zak Ahmed. Darryl and Zak came to school together. And Zak doesn't need to be here. He may be here waiting for Darryl to walk him to his house." 

My mother looked over at me. I think Mr. Schlatt knew I would get in trouble for this, but he didn't care. I knew he didn't like Zak.

"Thank you, Mr. Schlatt." Mother said raising an eyebrow at me.

Mr. Schlatt clapped his hands together. "Well. Glad you found your son. I'll be sure to call Mr. Ahmed's parents. We just wanted to make sure you were safe, Darryl. You're excused."

As soon as we entered reception, Zak saw us and got up. Mother glared at him as she pulled me out into the hall. I saw Zak, worried, and confused. He was out of my sight when my mom dragged me into her car.

I sat in the back so she couldn't do anything to me. She started up the car and drove to our house. "Who is that boy?" She said, looking at me through the car mirror.

"Just a friend I met the other day," I mumbled.

"Your father will be hearing about this. He won't be happy with you."

I nodded. I looked out the window. This wasn't a good way to start the week. First I get sick, second my nightmare, and now my parents found me.

We pulled up into my driveway. Mother unlocked the front door with her key. Father was sitting in the living room watching a sports game.

"Look who's home." Mother said grabbing my arm so I couldn't escape her grasp.

Father turned around and saw me. His expression angered. "Where have you been." He walked up to me. Father had this intimidating look. 2x bigger than me and about 8 inches taller than me. He walked in front of me and looked down at me.

He slapped me across the face. My nose started bleeding. I immediately covered my nose as the blood ran down to my mouth "Where have you been?!" He repeated.

"He was at another boy's house." My mother scoffed, "I heard he is trouble, that Zak kid. Don't hang out with him anymore."

I nodded and put my head down. I tried walking away but I felt a pull on my sleeve, which pulled me back. "Hold on mister. Why didn't you tell us you were staying at his house. Is he your boyfriend or something?"

Blood still dripping on my face, I could feel my face heat up by those words. I looked up at father and looked back down. He took out a shard of glass from his pocket. He lifted up my bloody face to look up at his. He picked up my arm and rolled up the sleeve of my sweatshirt.

"Answer me!" He held the sharp side of the glass to my arm. I stared up at him. My eyes began water up. My eyes were feeling strained trying to hold the tears in. I felt the blood from my nose seep into my mouth. I could feel that my nose was broken, but I couldn't do anything until I was out of father's grasp.

I heard mother let out a low chuckle. I thought about the answers to father's question. I didn't tell him I was staying at Zak's house because I was scared to come back home to them. And no, he was not my boyfriend. As much as I'd like him to be though.

I didn't say anything about that to father though. Father forced my chin up, so I tried my best to not look at him while my face staying up. "Pathetic." I heard my father said as slit the glass through my hand to my elbow. Tears fell out as blood emerged from my arm.

He let go of my arm and chin. "Go. And never run away again. We'll find you no matter what and it won't be very pretty when we do."

I slightly nodded and walked away. I walked over to my bedroom's bathroom. I pushed open the door and kneeled over the toilet. I held my throat and leaned into the toilet bowl. I barfed out some blood and flushed the toilet.

I wiped the blood from under my nose and I grabbed a bandage from the cupboard and put it on the bridge of my nose. I opened a med-kit I found and got some white bandage wrap. I put some around my wrist and put more around the rest of my arm.

I sighed and exited my bathroom, flopping onto my bed. I checked my phone. I got a few texts from the group chat Zak added me to, Zak, and Sam.

I opened Sam's messages first.

Sam
eeek im excited for our date :)

Sam
what time are we going? and are you going to pick me up or are we just going to meet up?

Sam
text me when u figure it out ok?

Sam
i miss youuuu text me back soon :(

I sighed. I didn't want to go out with Sam. She was nice and all, but I didn't like her. I just didn't want to reject her. I was hoping Zak would make me have to call it off.

I opened my texts from Zak next.

Zak
hey i just wanted to check in a see if you were ok

Zak
text me back if you're ok

Zak
i hope you're safe i miss u

I smiled as I read his texts. But I couldn't respond to him. My parents would find out eventually. I didn't want him to get into any trouble because of me.

I opened the group chat

Zak
darryllllll

Zak
can you give us ur address in this gc?

Zak
i just want to make sure you're ok but I can't go out rn so i want someone to check up on you

George
wait what happened?

George
i think i have the address.

Zak
wait really? can you please go and check on him. maybe bring someone like clay or vincent

George
okay I'll go pick up Clay idk where Vincent lives

Zak
tysm :)

That was the last of the texts. I felt safer knowing they were coming to check up on me. I laid down thinking about everything that happened.

Time felt slow until I heard a knock on my door. I noticed my sleeve was still rolled up. The bandages soaked up my blood so I rolled my sleeves back down.

I heard my parents open the door. I walked downstairs. I watched my parents and George and Clay talk from the stairs.

"Who are you," Father said

"We're friends with Darryl," George said with his usual British accent.

"Are either one of you Zak Ahmed?" Father asked.

"No sir." Clay answered, "My name is Clay and his is George."

Mother nodded and let them in. They walked in and saw me. I saw their eyes widen at the sight of me. They walked up to me.

"Darryl?"

I frowned at them. I led them upstairs to my room and we sat on my bed. Clay shut the door and locked the door when the three of us to my room.

"Darryl, are you ok?" George asked me.

I nodded. "You sure?" Clay asked. "You literally have a bandage on your nose with dry blood under it. Not to mention the blood under your mouth."

I could feel my eyes widen. I forgot to wash my face, leaving the blood on my face to dry up. "I'm ok," I said, my voice trembling.

"Zak sent us to make sure you're ok," George said, informing me in stuff I already knew about.

"I know." I sighed

"Well, you're not so we'll stay."

I didn't argue. "Did your parents do this to you?" George asked

I nodded slowly. I saw them frown. "Darryl, you can't stay here." Clay said upset. "You've been staying at Zak's before this, right?"

"Yeah." I fidgeted with my hands.

"Ok. So pack up and go to Zak's. You can stay there until you have a better place."

I shook my head. "I can't. My parents knew I was staying there. That's the first place they'll check if I run away again. Plus, I'm putting Zak in danger too."

George smiled. "I have a spare room. My parents are always a way, but they love guests, no matter how long they stay. You can stay at my house as long as you want."

I hugged George, squeezing him in my arms tightly. "Thank you."

——————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 10 :)

Feel free to give suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————

I forgot to say this but thank you for the support, I really appreciate the votes, views, and comments! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 157 22
The writing gets better as you read, this was really a huge learning experience for me. - - - This book contains: smut, fluff, angst and more! TW's...
63.3K 2.5K 7
Darryl and Zak have always been friends, but something in Darryl finally snapped. Or maybe he was always like this and no one ever realized. When Zak...
19.9K 599 52
( it's trash at first but gets better ) do you like skeppy as a yandere? well you came to the right story! :"zak does what he usually does every day...
14.4K 608 21
COMPLETED After Zak is finds out his boyfriend was cheating on him, he is heartbroken. He meets Darryl who offers to pretend to date Zak in order to...