Senator and Soldier

By LeeraIvy

Senator Riyo Chuchi is beginning to lose her faith in the Republic. After being the target of several assassi... More

Prologue
Unwanted Protection
Friendly Faces
The Price
Dissatisfying Escape
Perilous Plans
Transformations
Discovery
Traitors Revealed
Justice Served
Delicate Gift
Into Our Own Hands
Heartfelt Interrogations
Deserter Ally
Republic Commandos
Uncomfortable But Welcome
Trying Meetings
Explosions
Numerous Excuses
Shrine
Embarrassing Endeavors
Preparations
Festival of Light
Taking Chances
Double Sided Warning
Shattered Ball
Tick Tock
Illogical Reasoning
Uncharted Course
Healer's Touch
Alleged Conspirators
Resolved Resignation
Broken Trust
The Beginning of Change
Difficult Decisions
Gnawing Anger
Temple Bombing
Timid Steps
Take Two
A Likely Story
Suspects Renamed
Code Red
Traitors In Our Midst
Dark Clouds
Friends and Enemies
Multiple Dilemmas
Insinuations
Surprises
Wonderful Turn of Events
The Unknown
Hardened Resolve
Growing Frustration
Dark Revelations
Hidden Plans
The Order
Burning Fears
Strained Loyalties
Darkness Calls
Mending Pains
Devotion
Epilogue
Thank You
Broken Codes
Walking New Paths

Social Calls

935 40 8
By LeeraIvy

The photo above is an edit which I believe was made by @Carrinth on Tumblr.

Coruscant: 19 BBY
Senate Apartments
Riyo Chuchi

    She'd seen very little of Fox in the past few days. He'd been busy scouring the Lower City of Coruscant for Ahsoka Tano. The young Jedi had recently been arrested again and was awaiting her trial.

    Riyo entered Padmé's apartments and found her friend pacing in the main room. Her datapad and a few other documents littered a table nearby. "Padmé?" Riyo called.

    Padmé stopped pacing and looked up. "I'm so glad you're here." She grabbed her hand and pulled her over to the mess of information. "I agreed to present Ahsoka's case to the courts. I need some help getting it put together."

    "When is her trial?"

    "Tomorrow," Padmé sighed. "The Jedi Council has expelled her and Admiral Tarkin wants this taken care of as soon as possible."

    Riyo picked up the datapad and read over what Padmé had compiled into a rough presentation. "You think she's innocent?"

    "Of course. Don't you?"

    "Yes, she wouldn't do something like this." Riyo sat down and read over a few more documents.

    "Unfortunately, I don't think the courts are going to listen to her." Padmé sat down next to her. "They're accusing her of the bombing of the Jedi Temple, now. Admiral Tarkin says that she killed Letta Turmond to keep her secret safe."

    "But that's ridiculous. Fox told me Letta was afraid of a Jedi. If Ahsoka was the one she was afraid of, why would she ask to see her?" Riyo raised an eyebrow.

    "Tarkin's explanation is that Ahsoka used a mind trick on her," Padmé scoffed and rolled her eyes. "She's also accused of being a Separatist sympathizer. When she was on the run, she teamed up with Ventress for a while."

    "Ventress isn't with the Separatists anymore, though," Riyo pointed out.

    "I know, but to everyone else, that fact is irrelevant."

    "Regardless, all of those points need to go into this. You have to convince the courts that Ahsoka is innocent."

    "I'm going to do my best. Is there anything Fox knows that could help?"

    Riyo thought for a moment. "He said that the security camera in Letta's cell didn't have sound. They've never had problems with that before, so he thought someone might've tampered with it."

    Padmé nodded and wrote it down quickly. "Thank you, Riyo. I suppose I should get back to work now. It doesn't seem there's much left for you to help with."

    "Well, let me know if something new comes up." Riyo gave her a reassuring smile, before leaving.

    When she reached her own apartments, Delaney was already waiting for her. "Senator, there's a transmission for you," she said.

    "From who?"

    "I don't know. It's in your office."

    "Thank you, Del." Riyo entered her office and closed the door behind her. She sat down and accepted the transmission quickly. A hologram of Mairin appeared. Riyo gasped excitedly. "Mairin!"

    Mair gave her a smile. "Hello, Riyo. How's life on Coruscant? I figured things would be cooled down enough for me to contact you."

    "I'm glad you did. I've missed you. Coruscant is...busy. The Jedi Temple was bombed not long after you left."

    "What? By who?"

    "We don't know yet. A woman named Letta Turmond fed nano-droids to her husband, essentially making him the bomb. She claimed that someone else was in on it, but she died before she could say who. Now, Admiral Tarkin is blaming the whole thing on Ahsoka Tano," Riyo explained.

    "Ahsoka Tano? But she's a Jedi." Mairin crossed her arms over her stomach. "She wouldn't do something like that."

    "I know, but Padmé is going to have a difficult time trying to convince the courts of that."

    Mairin shook her head. "I hope Padmé comes through."

    Riyo bit her lip, hesitantly. "Mairin, Archer was killed in the bombing."

    Mairin's face fell. "Jairo will be heartbroken." After a moment, she perked up again. "What else has been going on?"

    "I worked things out with Fox."

    "You're together again?" Riyo nodded. Mairin pursed her lips. "Hm. Well, if he tries that again, I'll be ready for him."

    Riyo laughed. "I've told him as much. Now, what's been happening on your end?"

    "Not much. We found somewhere to live. I can't tell you, though."

    "I know. It's all right."

    Mairin smiled. "I'll bring you to visit sometime. It's beautiful. Not much has happened otherwise. We've just been trying to settle in and get everything ready for the baby."

    "I expect to be contacted thirty minutes after it arrives."

    "A whole half hour? You're so considerate!" Mairin joked. "Don't worry. You'll be informed of everything." She turned away for a second. "I've got to go. I'll try to contact you again soon."

    Riyo nodded and the transmission ended. She remained at her desk for a moment, lost in thought. This war is going on too long. When will it end so we can all go back to our lives and things can become simpler again? She didn't have an answer for herself.

Coruscant: 19 BBY
Republic Military Prison
Commander Fox

    Fox stood on guard in the control room closest to Commander Tano's holding cell. He'd been there ever since she had been arrested again. The strain of the past few days was wearing on him, but he knew it wouldn't last much longer.

    The Commander's trial was quickly approaching and that would settle things. He didn't doubt that she'd be found guilty, and would probably be executed. Fox had heard that she'd even been expelled from the Jedi Order. Still, a part of him didn't truly believe that she was guilty.

    Fox glanced at the security camera and watched the Commander. She sat on the side of her bed, with her head in her hands. Every now and then, her shoulders jerked, as though she were crying. He looked away and pulled his helmet off, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

    "Hey," Clay rapped a hand on the door of the control room before entering. "We've just received a transmission from Chancellor Palpatine. He wants to speak with you in person."

    "Take over for me, will you?" Clay nodded and Fox threw his helmet back on. He quickly made his way towards a speeder and headed towards the Senate Building. The Chancellor wants to speak with me now? Why? Finally, he landed the speeder and entered the Chancellor's office, within the halls of the Senate Building.

    The Chancellor's personal guards let him enter as soon as he arrived. "Ah, Commander Fox, how nice of you to come so quickly," Chancellor Palpatine said.

    "How can I help you, Sir?" Fox clasped his hands behind his back.

    "What news is there on young Master Skywalker's padawan?"

    "There's not much. She was arrested and is awaiting her trial. Senator Amidala will present her case to the courts."

    "Senator Amidala, you say?" The Chancellor stroked his chin thoughtfully. "What has Master Skywalker said about the situation?"

    "He doesn't believe that she's guilty. He thinks the Jedi Council is making a mistake." Fox watched Chancellor Palpatine warily.

    "I think he's right." The Chancellor looked at him, suddenly. "Do you think the Jedi are, perhaps, trying to get rid of her? I wonder if she doesn't know something about them." He tapped his chin. "Or maybe the Council doesn't like how powerful Commander Tano and Anakin are together. They may not like the close bond that they share."

    "I'm not sure I follow what you mean, Sir."

    "Keep watching the Jedi very closely. I believe their treachery may soon be revealed to us." Chancellor Palpatine waved towards the door.

    Fox hesitated, then left. He returned to his speeder, trying to make sense of what the Chancellor had said. He lifted his gaze. It landed on the Senatorial Apartment Building. Fox switched his comm on. "Clay, I'm going to be late."

    "Everything is quiet here. Admiral Tarkin came by and said Commander Tano's trial will be tomorrow." Clay fell silent for a moment. "If you want to stay longer than normal, I don't think you'll be missed."

    Fox grinned and shook his head. "I'll keep that in mind. My comm will be on in case you need me."

    "Have fun." He didn't miss Clay's muffled laugh before the transmission ended.

    It only took him a few minutes to reach Riyo's apartments. She was sitting up on a sofa, near the landing pad door, as though she'd been waiting to see if he'd come. Fox removed his helmet and stepped inside.

    Riyo looked up from her book and smiled. "I wondered if you'd come today."

    "I would've come sooner, but things have been hectic." He rubbed the back of his neck.

    "It's all right. Padmé has been filling me in and the holonet is loving the story." She rolled her golden eyes. Fox didn't miss the excited gleam in them.

    "You're excited about something," he said.

    "Mairin contacted me today. She didn't tell me where they are, of course, but I'm just glad I got to see her. I told her about Archer, too."

    Fox nodded. "I'm glad Jairo will know. Honestly, Clay and I were dreading having to tell him."

    Riyo rolled her eyes. "Ah, so now you'll just let Mairin do it for you."

    "He'd take it better from her anyway," Fox replied. A second later, he had to cover a yawn.

    "How long has it been since you slept?" Riyo raised an eyebrow. "Or showered, for that matter."

    Fox looked up, his mouth quirking to the side. "I showered yesterday and slept...two days ago?" Riyo started pushing him towards her room. "What are you doing?"

    "I don't care if you only planned on staying for five minutes. You can get some sleep."

    "Well actually, Clay said I wasn't needed back for a little while."

    "Good." She kept pushing him until he had no choice but to sit down. She started to unbuckle the upper parts of his armor. Fox moved to help, but Riyo swatted his hand away. He smirked and let her continue. "Does Ahsoka have a chance of being proven innocent?" Riyo met his gaze for a second.

    "I don't know," he sighed. "Admiral Tarkin is fairly convinced that she'll be found guilty."

    "And what if she is?"

    "She'll either spend the rest of her life in prison, or, my guess, Tarkin will have her executed."

    Riyo narrowed her eyes angrily and shook her head. "I hope the courts will listen to reason." She stood finally. "Get some sleep."

    Fox leaned back and she began to leave. He grabbed her arm before she could, though, and pulled her down on top of him. "Just because I'm sleeping doesn't mean you can't stay," he said.

    "You won't sleep if I stay," Riyo laughed.

    "I will."

    She tilted her head, her hair falling over a shoulder. "All right." Riyo brought her lips down by his ear. "But if you have alternative plans, they've got to wait at least an hour. You're expected to sleep in that time."

    Fox chuckled at that. "Yes, Ma'am." He closed his eyes and felt her lean her head against his shoulder. In a few minutes, he wasn't even aware of that anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 190 31
Some Ahsoka and her family one shots, I like to use the AU where order 66 didn't happen and Anakin didn't turn. Lots of fluff and platonic cuddles :...
112K 3.5K 69
Anakin Skywalker could never forget his apprentice, Ahsoka Tano, but the Jedi Order will waste no time mourning the loss of the ex-padawan. With a ne...
6.1K 334 57
Rankings: #1 Ashoka 10/12/2023 🥇 12/01/2024 #4 StarWars 14/10/2023 #4 AnakinSkywalker 13/10/2023 ----------------------------- In a galaxy far, fa...
14.1K 639 46
Lesia Mirri never wanted to be a Jedi. The rules of the Code didn't sit well with her restless spirit. Lesia resisted their teachings and attempted t...