His Rejected 'Queen'.

By Marie_Curia

Iris Black is a strong, smart, logical, sweet 21 years old girl with new life and name. Her real name is Dian... More

Author's Note!
Introduction.
Queen Made From Courage.
Still Exists...
"Welcome" To The Palace...
In Confusion...
All About 'Her'...
Dreams VS Reality...
In Tension For Her...
Desperation For 'Two'...
A Queen Never Bows...
Too "Close"...
She Is Diana...
In 'Pain'...
Tension...
Truths & Regrettings...
Anything For Her...
"Already 'Inside' You..."
"You Are Mine...", Part I.
"You Are Mine...", Part II.
Triggering The Beast...
"One Last Chance..."
Contract, Jealously, Challenge.
'Her Royal Highness'.
"I Belong To You!"
Trust, Closeness, Nightmares.
"You Are My Queen!"
Insecurities, Passion, Rogues.
Worries, Feelings And Roses.
Earned It!
"Good Team!"
The Woman That Stole His Heart!
"With Me!"
"Important To Me!"
Reveals And Memories!
Together!
Tree Of Life!
Allies And Enemies!
There Is Love!
Enemies And Guardians.
Royal Birthday...
Queen's Battle!
The True King!
"With You!"
"I Love You!"
Family Conflicts...
Real Family's Love!
"Till Death!"
Strong Man!
"He Is My Home!"
"We Are One!"
Love And Sudden Problems.
Overshadowed Happiness...
To Northern Alaska!
Tensions And Instincts.
Stormy...
Reveals, Realizations And Shocks.
Her Truth.
Author's Note: Sharing Few Things.
Howls And Gunshot.
It's Now Or... Never!
Facing Death.
What Everyone Deserves...
Back To 'Life'!
Moving On With... Reveals.
The Two Extremes.
No More Secrets!

One Breath Away.

1.3K 55 5
By Marie_Curia

Heaven and hell are one breath away, but when there is true love, unite and hope, heaven is the only option.

~too early in the morning, palace, meeting room~

Diana's pov

I observe all of them while they take their seats around the long table in silence and Daniel gives my right hand a soft squeeze.

The atmosphere in the big, formal meeting room is heavy, the silence echoes in my head, the slightest sound of any chair is enough to make my skin shiver, and the tired, worried and heartbroken expressions I see on my beloveds' faces are like stubs in my already aching heart.

It is too early in the morning, just few hours after realization hit us, but it's still dark outside and the first sunbeams will make their appearance in a while.

Nobody has slept tonight, nobody has stopped freaking out about Nikki, nobody has left for any reason and nobody can stand what exactly takes place. Nobody except one specific person, my one and only, Daniel!

He is our rock, he keeps on having everything in his own hands and stands tall like the great and strong King he is, supporting all of us and especially Landon, my father and me. I don't know what we would do, if he wasn't here and I am impressed of how self-collected and calm he is, it is unbelievable.

Okay, I admit that he has no other choice, as all of us are a mess and first of all Landon, who can't stand waiting and a God knows how it came and he hasn't killed anyone yet. Next is Rosa, who had an intense crisis and Robert made her a sedative injection, then comes my father, who lost his temper after the news about where Nikki has to be, and in the end it's me, the guilty, stupid woman.

All the others are wrecks as well, but not that much or they deal with it more successfully.

Before I continue to explain what happened all night long, how each and every one of us is and what is taking place right now, I think I have to tell you that this night was a real hell for us and everyone else in the palace. The news about where Nikki could be brought the upside down even for the servants, since Nikki is much loved and everybody got worried about her, and also, Landon is completely out of control and even the last person in the palace is terrified of him and his pure rage. At this point I have to say that we couldn't hide for more the common location about where Nikki and my mother, Mason and Lucas have to be, so everybody knows that the key is Northern Alaska, so you understand...

Anyway... Let's continue, shall we?

So, the family was gathered in the private living room under Daniel's order once I told to him and Landon that Albert is Nikki's friend and lives in Northern Alaska, and as you can imagine the reactions weren't so helpful.

Rosa passed out during the announcement about our fear that maybe Nikki's life could be in danger, so Milton had to take her to hospital and later, when she woke up, she had the crisis I mentioned before and Robert had no other choice, but make her the sedative injection. I think that she is still sleeping, and Milton is constantly on her side, because Daniel assured him that we would inform him for any news and we would do anything we could to find out anything useful which could lead us straight to Nikki. Also, Iris is with Susan (yes, the ex-rogue), Thomas' mate, who was very kind to stay with her all night long and take care of her, and Martha promised to help in anything she needs.

In addition, the guys, Andrea, Peyton, Hunter and Hunter were quite shocked and unprepared about the news, since we hadn't told them about Mason's location, the one Preston had told us and they got scared about Nikki and the baby.

Violet, Ellie and Alice were crying for hours from guilt and fear, because Violet knows Nikki for her entire life and we always were a good team and very close, and Ellie and Alice blame themselves for leaving Nikki alone. I know that it is logical, I also feel guilty, as it was our stupidity and we are unforgivable, but right now we feel worse. Knowing that our pregnant 'sister' is straight into the lion's den and alone, without us, is the worst punishment for how fucking reckless we were.

Victoria and Jonathan reacted like they got stroked from a thunderbolt. They didn't explode like my father, because Victoria rushed to support Landon, and Jonathan had to do his best in order to help my dad calm down the sooner. The truth is that they didn't manage to do many things, I mean that Landon is inconsolable and his anger can't be gone or decreased, and my dad listened to nothing from what Jonathan told him, but I don't blame any of the four of them. It is stupid to ask from Landon not to cry, threaten everyone he sees and be calm when his mate and baby could be very close to Mason and Lucas, and it is also pointless to tell my dad to stop being so outraged with those two crazy assholes. You see, it's not only how much he hates Mason and Lucas, but also that he can't accept the possibility of losing Nikki because of them. He loves her very much, he knows her from the day she was born and has admiration and respect for her, and so he can't bear the thought of those two monsters so close to Nikki. It's like I'm in Nikki's place, there is no difference for him, since all the guys and the girls are like his children.

After them is my brother, who couldn't believe it at first, or he didn't want to, because truth hurts him. He feels the same way my dad does, he wants to kill Mason with his own hands and he needs to make sure that Mason won't hurt anyone else again. He hurt me, him, probably our mother, he mustn't hurt Nikki and her baby too.

Then we have Jeremy and Elias, our two 'saviors' and I call them like this, as they remained quite calm considering all the others and held Landon few times that he lost his patience and had intense and sudden outbursts. If it wasn't them, Landon would harm someone, although he didn't really want it, but they guys were truly amazing, strong and ready for it.

Also, I need to say that Parker run to us and left Emily with Preston at the hospital, and he hasn't left our side. He is just the sweetest guy ever (after my Daniel), because I can't describe how hurt he is for Nikki and how kind and caring he is with Landon, even though what has taken place between them, I mean with the whole thing with Emily and Preston. Parker showed us all what a true friend is. He doesn't just support Landon and every explosing reaction of his by excusing him, but he also apologized to Landon, although nothing was his fault and promised him that he'll help him in everything and he won't stop until we find Nikki and bring her back home safe and sound.

Isn't he the cutest man?

And Landon... I mean, I can't see him like this. The poor man behaves like a ghost. He is a completely different man and not the optimistic, crazy, powerful Beta, the man who is scared of nothing. Alright, he has every right to be broken, devastated, desperate, terrified and angry, but he needs to be strong for Nikki and the baby, he can't fall now.

You don't want to see his empty from tears and emotions eyes, the black circles around them, his sweaty clothes, messy hair and helpless expression. He hasn't stopped crying, murmuring things that nobody can understand, walking up and down, then breaking into sobbing out of nowhere, next screaming and roaring, asking for help about Nikki... I swear, watching him like this is killing me slowly and I feel even guiltier. He has no patience left, no matter how many times Daniel assured him that the technicians do anything they can in order to have useful information for us the sooner. I understand Landon, what I am trying to say is that if I was in his place, I would lose my mind sooner than him and I would start killing those who would be closer to me, but I also respect and recognize Daniel's tries.

I trust my man, I'm sure that he knows very well what he is doing and if we had to wait, it was for a good reason for which we are going to be informed from minute to minute.

Yes, this is why we came here, in the big meeting room. Chase, the head of our technicians informed Daniel that he is ready to tell us what he and his team have found out and we didn't lose time.

I exhale heavily in agony, watching the last of them taking their seats, and give a quick look at everyone. Daniel and I are still standing up and we are at the head of the long table, so we can see them all, there is absolutely no obstacle for us.

The first on who my gaze lands are Ellie, Alice, Jeremy and Elias. The four of them are on our left, Ellie and Alice are sat and behind them stand Jeremy and Elias. The girls are pale and I worry a lot about them. It's the first time that Ellie is so silent and her eyes have lost their beautiful shine, while Alice is looking down, ashamed of the thought that her father could hurt Nikki. I couldn't feel her more than I do, because Mason is my biological 'father' no matter what and I won't bear losing Nikki from him, but Alice is worse than I am, she is extremely devastated.

Then, I move on and look at my brother, Violet and Andrea with Thomas. They are all sat next to each other with serious, cold expressions and only Violet reveals emotion, because she is sniffling slightly, trying not to cry for one more time.

From the other side, on our right and the first one next to Daniel and me is Landon, whose hands are tight, shaky fists, his gaze is dark and locked on the wooden table and his jaw is clenching furiously. He can't wait any longer, he needs to know anything Chase has to tell us and I am expecting another outburst from him, but I can see that he is putting efforts to prevent himself from exploding for once more.

Next to him is my father, who is in a familiar state of mind, with his shirt's first buttons opened and his chocolate brown hair messy, while his very wild expression has transformed his angelic and magnificent face a lot.

Right after him are Victoria and Jonathan, who wait with their breath cut to listen to Chase, and Victoria feels my eyes on her, because she gives me a discreet look and then smiles weakly in melancholy. Jonathan, from the other side, is quite lost, his eyes are locked on the wall opposite of him, but his ears are perked, and I smile instinctually in sympathy from how he suffers. He can't take Landon's condition and he adores Nikki. She is like his second daughter (after me), since he has Landon like his second son. He and Victoria raised him when Landon's parents died while he was five years old with no other relatives, so it doesn't come as a surprise that there is a very strong bond between them.

And the next and last I see are Robert, Parker, Peyton and Hunter. The guys couldn't miss the meeting anyway, but Robert's presence was necessary for all of us too, not to mention that he insisted to be here, as Nikki is his chosen one. He saw the daughter he never managed to get in her eyes and sweet soul, he has great plans for her, he hasn't left her side from the first day that Nikki sat her foot at the palace and I would dare to say that he and Nikki were destined to meet each other. Their chemistry is something remarkably unbelievable, one look is enough for them in order to understand each other's intentions and thoughts, they love to death their job and they are dedicated in it, it's their life.

"If all of you are ready, Chase will start immediately." Daniel states shortly, catching me off guard and I turn my head quickly to him.

I can do nothing else but admire how calm his face is, his powerful aura and the professionalism he shows, and I tighten my hold around his warm, strong hand. He is tired and worried, I feel it, but he denies showing or accepting it, because we depend on him. He knows that we need him like this and I am very proud of him, I can't believe how much he has changed or how wrong I was about him.

"Yes, let's start the sooner." Hunter says, brave enough to talk for everyone else, and Daniel shakes his head pleased.

He turns to look at me with a much softer expression and I lose my breath from adoration and relief. The more days pass, the more I realize how lucky I am for having him, and his behavior, love and care make me feel blessed.

"Sit and I'll sit on your lap, okay?" I whisper, getting what he is about to tell me and he nods, without trying to protest.

There is only one seat and he wanted from me to sit while he would stand next to me, but I can't accept it. This seat is ours, not just mine or his and the closer we are, the stronger I feel.

"Alright, Chase, we are all ears. Please begin..." Daniel says with a short motion, while he sits and I take my place on his knees, with my back almost touching his board chest.

I try to focus on Chase, who is standing few meters from me, after the end of the table, despite the fact that Daniel's presence affects me a little bit, and Destiny moves in my mind, ready to know details about anything Chase has to say.

Chase clears his throat, gives Daniel a nervous look which I can't completely understand right now and I have one moment to observe him better. He is a very tall man, not older than thirty years old, with dark blue eyes, black hair and a muscular body. He looks more like a warrior, or even a professional counselor and not a top technician, and his appearance is perfectly taken care of. He is elegantly dressed with a dark grey suit and a white shirt and his hair is stylized. I have seen him only twice and we haven't really talked yet, but I can say that I like him a lot and the fact that Daniel trusts him that much is one more reason.

"Okay, everyone. I will start from the first information we found from Beta Nikki's phone calls' list. All of you know that the last person she called and talked to is Albert Michelson, a doctor who knows her from university and lives in Northern Alaska." Chase says, starting from the beginning and we all nod, all except Daniel, who doesn't move or look so impatient.

I have the feeling that he already knows more than we do and it comes as no surprise at all. There were many times during the night that I found him focused on his phone. He was distant, but it was obvious that he was busy and I can't explain why I didn't try to ask him what was happening. I was so lost and absorbed in this fucking chaos that I didn't have the nerves to ask him and get involved like I always want to under normal circumstances.

"After we found his name, we searched for everything about him, read his file and we also found his phone number. Then, we managed to get the list of his calls and we saw that he received a call yesterday, too early in the morning from an airport's telephone booth, about four hours from the palace." Chase continues, not giving me time to think about what was Daniel up to all night long, and one specific name escapes from many pair of lips around the room.

"Nikki!"

I lock my eyes on Landon, who is already leaned forward with a panicked expression and my father curses something under his breath. Silence follows for few seconds as all of us fight to get in our minds what this fact means for us, and I look at Chase again just on time, when he nods to confirm it.

FUCK!

Nikki, you kill us... But we killed you first, I mean that we left you, we thought you would make it, because you are wise, strong, mature and patient. No, it wasn't your fault, it was ours, only ours.

"Yes, it was her, because we managed to get access in the airport's system and we saw that she took a flight for Northern Alaska little time later. Also, I informed our King about it and he sent some men to the airport. They found Beta Nikki's car, they talked with the airport's security and we got pictures of hers from the safety cameras." Chase says next, before we start bombarding him with questions and I snap my head to Daniel, who remains serious.

My eyes meet his big, green, breathtaking ones and I sigh in confusion. I can't believe that he took care of everything without anyone's help while we were yelling, crying and being excessive in front of him. He hid everything from us and we were too stupid to not even think about helping him.

Where the fucking hell was I? Why did I leave him alone? How on earth?

"You knew?!" I mutter, still struggling to believe it and he shakes his head with acceptance.

"Daniel, I had to be informed! We have to leave!" Landon shouts, standing up and getting ready to leave, but Daniel's body gets hard under me and he growls warningly.

Damn, my King is about to show us his teeth... Well, I guess that Landon is excused, but there are more things we need to know about before we react, make our plan and leave.

"Sit. Down. And. Listen. Landon!" he orders, not willing to be patient and I give Landon a nervous, meaningful look.

He can't go against Daniel, this would be very stupid, we must trust him blindly.

"Fine, but hurry up." Landon hisses furiously, not really pleased and I find my father staring at me in agony.

Um... I know this look of his and it terrifies me.

He doesn't have a very good feeling about the rest and so do I. I trust his instinct and mine, and I can't get out of my mind that nothing is a coincidence. Everything we have been through these last months and especially weeks is a sign and it didn't come to us accidentally. Maybe Nikki left secretly and followed her heart which will lead her close to my mother, but this is dangerous. Nikki knows nothing from fighting, he can't face Mason and Lucas alone and I am sure that Albert and Stacy can't be any big help.

What if they don't make it? What if I lose more from those I love?

"So, after there was no doubt that Beta Nikki left in order to meet Albert in Northern Alaska and we got sure that she turned off her phone, we decided to try and find Albert's mobile's signal and track down his exact location and movements." Chase speaks up, without waiting for Daniel to tell him so, and I run my two hands through my hair.

"Nikki wanted to leave no trails for us. That's why she turned off her phone before she leaves the palace. She knew we would try to track her by the signal... This girl is... Smart!" Jeremy commends thoughtfully and gives Landon a quite angry glare.

"She isn't only smart, Beta. She is a genius, because she didn't use her cards, she took no money from her bank account, she took no clothes with her. She used cash, she drove to another city away from here, she took care even of the slightest detail." Chase disagrees and most of us shake our head in agreement.

"But she led us to Albert. She didn't think about it, probably because she was upset." Jeremy persists and Hunter groans, gaining instantly our full attention.

"She knew that it would be a matter of time for us before we find something, she just made sure that we wouldn't be so fast. You can't believe that she is so naïve. She..."

"Wouldn't choose to go there otherwise." My dad ends Hunter's sentence and Jeremy closes his eyes defeated.

Hunter is right. Nikki had predicted it, but she chose to risk it and go straight to Albert. She isn't stupid, she is aware of our ways, so she made us a favor.

"Chase, what else? Move on!" Landon orders, putting an end in anyone's intention to commend anything else and Chase stiffens.

Why do I have the sentiment that we haven't reached to the most important point yet? I mean, Chase is scared, I can read his eyes and body's language. He sometimes looks at Daniel with insecurity like he begs him for something, but Daniel doesn't seem willing to step back or hide anything from us.

"Beta, we have the route from Albert's phone signal, so we know where and when he met Beta Nikki, where they went and where his house has to be. Unfortunately, the signal is cut for the last eight to nine hours, because..."

"BECAUSE WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED? TALK!" Landon roars, with all of us unprepared, and jumps up, slams his fists on the table and we all sit up in alert.

No, damn it! Not again!

"Landon, sit down and wait. There must be a..." Elias begins to say as he rushes to Landon, with my dad and Jonathan standing up.

"SHUT UP, ELIAS! Are you deaf? Didn't you hear anything?" Landon cuts him off and pushes his chair back violently.

"A very bad storm is taking place. This is why his phone got turned off." Chase hurries to explain and my stomach tightens from worry.

Storm? This is a nightmare!

Nikki could be safe, but my mom? What about her? Who knows where she is, how she is and if she is safe or not? What if Mason tries to get rid of her now by taking advantage of the weather conditions? That's just... GOD!

"What are you trying to say? Such a bad storm!?" Violet asks, with her eyes blurry from tears, while Landon gets paralyzed and my dad grabs him on time before he falls on the floor.

I feel Daniel's arms getting wrapped around me, because he certainly feels that I am getting panicked for my mother too and not just Nikki, and all of us lock our eyes on Chase, hung in despair from his lips.

"I am sorry to say this, but the forecast and the information we took weren't so hopeful or that helpful. Our hands are tied up. According to the specialists, the storm is going to last for about one more day, its intensity will stay steady until the end and no plane can fly to Alaska. The thunderbolts are strong, dense and with short time's difference." He explains, guilty for the bad news he has for us and I feel my fears getting more intense second by second.

This is disaster!

"So, we can't go to Nikki?! That's what you say?!" Ellie asks, more like trying to convince herself about it and Chase nods in approval.

"Exactly, but... This is not all, because the worse and more important news is yet to come. You see... After we got the exact location of Albert's house, which is deep inside the forest and an hour from a small city, we also... My King..." Chase mutters awkwardly and I stand up, turn my back on everyone else and face Daniel, who is fully prepared and not nervous at all.

See? I was right, there is more and it's worse than I had really imagined!

"What else, Daniel?" I whisper breathless while my heart aches instantly ready to explode, some noises, whimpers and exhales sound, and he stands up as well, his eyes darken and the scenario I was so terrified about takes its shape.

"Mason and Lucas' most recent location is too close to where Nikki has to be!"

Daniel's pov

The second these words leave from my lips, gasps, cries of shock and panic echo in the room and my heart breaks slowly for the very bad outcome.

Diana's eyes get filled with tears, Landon collapses, many jump up in no time, loud sobs escape from my mother and Alice, Chase takes a step back and only Parker stays frozen like a statue because he already knew it.

I hate the fact that I had to inform them about it, but I couldn't do otherwise, I couldn't hide it, they deserve to know. Nikki is one of us, she is family and it's our duty to help her. I was excepting this kind of reactions from them, but I hoped it wouldn't hurt me that much to see them in this dramatic condition.

It was already hard for me to stand it, but at the same time stay strong for our family, get informed about the searches' results and organize every single detail about our next steps, but I don't know for how much longer I will be able to continue doing this.

It's not only they, who love Nikki, are worried sick about her, hers and Landon's baby and want to help her, Albert and his sister and want to find Mila, it is me as well. I know that I hide my feelings and sensitivities for almost everyone around me most of the times, especially now that we are together with Diana and I can't get enough of her, not to mention all these problems and dangers we had to face in a very short period of time, but I do have feelings, I love this family with all my heart.

When one of us is in pain, I suffer too. My duty is to keep everyone safe, stand on their side, help and support them and right now I feel horribly for not being next to Nikki, although I had no idea about what was happening between her and Landon.

She is one of us and too soon, one more will be added, our first baby, Nikki and Landon's baby. We couldn't have asked for anything better, because it will be our future's great beginning, just like all the other babys that will follow after it. It will be the very first, it will receive our love, we will raise it all together, it will unite us even more and I feel even more responsible about it and its safety, since I will be his godfather (if Nikki agrees of course).

I can't disappoint Nikki and the baby, I don't accept it, because I won't bear it, nobody will, especially Landon. I'll lose him, if we lose them and there is no life without him. It's like we were born to complete each other, despite our quite childish fights, intense arguments and completely different personalities. Landon is the other side of me, I mean the male one, he fills my gaps and I fill his.

Moreover, Diana will be heartbroken. She owes Nikki and I owe her too, because if it wasn't Nikki, I wouldn't have Diana here with me. I won't even continue with all the others, since it is well-known that everyone loves Nikki and her presence in our life is just necessary.

In addition, Mila is Diana's mother and now she has gotten in the whole game for good. Her life matters us, we must find her and learn the truth, since as Diana says, Mila has to be one of her secret guardians. Okay, I can't lie, I don't know if I believe it or not, but Diana needs her mother here and it doesn't matter what I want or think. According to Preston, Mila was lying to Mason for years, so we could be wrong about her and all our questions are going to be answered only when we find her, if we find her...

And last, but not least, there are two more people of my Kingdom that I have to protect and help, if their lives are in danger, Albert and his sister. They are Nikki's friends too, so this is one more reason for me to try harder, because it's like they are my friends as well.

"They... This means that they could..." my mother murmurs unconsciously and this triggers almost everyone's reactions.

Some from the girls start crying, most of the men stand up, some begin to walk up and down yelling, talking and disagreeing with few others, Landon gets out of control and Elias tries to put him to sit, Gideon is about to shift while my father tries to calm him down, Parker makes his way to come to me, and Diana is motionless.

Her full of pain and desperation expression is like a sharp, silver knife in my heart and Devon shakes his head in disappointment for this mess.

Parker and I had talked about it through our personal link almost two hours ago, when Preston learned from Emily about Nikki being probably in Northern Alaska, and he thought about giving us Mason's number. He proved to have the same way of thinking with us, since his worry for Nikki pressured him to remember Mason's number, give him to us and in this way help us find the bastard's phone's most recent signal.

When Emily mind linked Parker, he mind linked me, told me about what Preston remembered and I sent it to Chase through text. I asked from him to try and find Mason's location and we were very lucky, because he made it. But... When he compared the coordinates from Albert and Mason's signals, we realized that only few kilometers separate them and we freaked out.

This is why I brought the entire family here, because they had to get informed and now we can make our plan and leave to Northern Alaska before the sunrise.

"We are done, for good! We can't go and Nikki..." Robert screams, gaining my attention due to his high tone, I come back to reality and cross my fucking limits.

The people I see in front of me aren't the strong, courageous people I know, they are not my family. They keep on behaving like there is no hope left and Diana seems to understand that I am getting angry, just like Parker who joins my side, but she isn't willing to stop this madness.

I understand that she feels sorry for them and can't make it worse. This is her role, to be next to them, be gentle and not pressure them a lot, but this isn't my role.

My role is to keep them united, powerful and safe! And I will make it at any cost, even if I have to be cruel and strict in order to put them in their place.

"SILENCE!" I roar outraged, running out of breath and using my most imposing tone, and everything stops the next moment.

They all freeze on their places, give me their full attention, their eyes land on mine and I make a step forward while Diana comes and stops on my left.

Thanks Goddess!

It was about time for them to come back on their senses.

"Listen and listen to me well, because I won't repeat myself, I say these only once!" I state quickly in a warning tone and give them all a very brief gaze.

"I tolerated your pain, throe and dread for the entire night, but that's enough! I respected you, I gave you time to release your feelings, but now I am done! Look around you and tell me if you are serious!" I continue and all of them, except Landon, lower their heads ashamed in perfect union.

"We are a family, one fist and this is our power, this made us succeed, this is why we are here! We have each other's back, we are truly one, because we love each other! Our rule is all for one and one for all. Right now one of us depends on us, she is waiting for our help and we aren't ready for it, because you forget that we are together and we can make it, like every other time that we worked together." I say, not stopping for more than one second in order to take a very short moment, and Diana takes my left hand in hers and gives it a squeeze, supporting and giving me hope.

"Do you know what I see in your eyes, who you truly are? You are the best of the best, each one of you in something different, but still important. If we can't face this problem, find back our temper and be strong, we won't manage to bring Nikki back! Is this what we want?" I ask, shaking and unable of calming down so easily, and some shake their heads in denial.

"There is still hope, because nothing is over yet. Nikki believes in us and we can't disappoint her! We can be there by tomorrow morning, but only if we truly want to. Be the fighters I know you are and let's do this. If you can't help, stay completely out of it! Understood?" I say angrier than before and it's Diana turn to talk and somehow 'help' them.

"Daniel is right. We made it too many times already, we can do it again. We owe it to Nikki! We had the opportunity to break out our pain, but now it's time for us to go and save her. We have everything we need and there is nothing and nobody that can stop us." She says emotionally and the first who lift their heads up are Violet, Gideon, my father, surprisingly Alice, Aiden and Hunter.

"Nikki is strong, guys! She would stop at nothing to help us. We have to do the same, right?" Parker says encouragingly and the rest nod, while Landon stands up again and approaches Parker.

I bite my lower lip from how hurt Landon is, certainly because of how kind Parker is, despite his opinion about Emily few days ago, and Landon raises his right hand and places it on Parker's left shoulder.

"Thank you, man! I won't forget it, I will always owe you." He states honestly and few tears fall from his eyes.

I look at everyone, just to see my family 'back' and the confident expressions give me optimism and great satisfaction. I get convinced for once more that nothing is impossible for us as long as we are united and loved, and I pray that Nikki won't stop waiting for us.

Our fighter can't be defeated. We still don't know if she found Mila, Mason and Lucas, we don't know how she is, and the guys don't know an important fact about her past, but I do and I have a very good feeling about her. I have no doubt that Nikki can make it until we reach her, she and the baby will be fine, but there is someone else who needs to prove how strong he truly is...

Landon!

He needs to reach up to his limits, take responsibilities, show us his power and abilities, believe in his spark and stop doubting himself. Nikki and their baby are his entire life, he must feel important, he needs to make it, he can, because only he can really save them. His bond with Nikki will guide him, just like my bond with Diana had led me to her that night...

"Landon..." I speak up frimly, making everyone stop moving again, and he fixes his body, stands more confident in front of me and prove that he is ready.

This is my brother, the great, confident man I used to know, the supernatural world's best Beta! He is back, but wait a little bit more, it's just the beginning for him.

"You know everything, Chase will show us the location's coordinates, everything you'll need is in your hands to use it in any way you want to, so think with your mind, feel with your heart, find the right balances and step forward. I'll be following!" I state and concentrate on him and only, I forget about the others willingly.

The shock on his face is more than obvious and he doesn't react for a while. He just stares at me with widely open eyes, putting efforts to realize what I meant, and I smirk reassuringly.

"You are in lead now. You decide about everything! Who stays here and who leaves to Northern Alaska, how we go and who does what." I explain only for the typical part, as I am certain that not many believe in their ears and what I said few seconds ago, and Landon blinks his eyes.

"You mean that I..." he whispers breathless, but stops quickly.

I don't talk immediately. I turn to Diana, who is smiling, knowing exactly what I have decided, and she brings her other free hand on my chest in order to caress it. I'm glad she agrees with me, I wanted her approval and support. Her opinion is very important to me and if she also wants Landon to have the first word, I feel more relieved and I know that my decision is the right one.

"You can't mean it." Landon mutters, stepping backwards overwhelmed, and I smile at him in a quite devilish way.

"You said that you weren't feeling enough, brother. It's time for this to change. Don't you think that I am right?" I ask and he gulps while the others exchange gazes and smirk pleased and ready.

I am happy they are fine with it, not that I was waiting for anything else from them, but anyway. They have said it all with their acceptance, but I haven't said my last word yet, in fact I am going to say it right now.

"You are the leader. Your mate and kid are waiting for you and our family depends on you! You can make it, man. The stage is all yours!"

********************

Hello my friends and welcome to the 57th chapter!

This chapter is one before we get in real action and danger, so... Be patient and take deep breaths until the next update. This one is just preparing us for the actual storm.

And now back to our usual questions. How do feel about this chapter? What do you think of everyone's reactions? What about Diana? How do you feel about what Chase said and Daniel's responsible behavior? What about Preston's useful help? And last, but not least, what about Daniel's encouragement? How do you feel about Landon getting in lead this time, was Daniel's decision right? What is going to happen next?

As always at this point I would like to thank you very much for your love, support, commends and impatience in order to read the chapters! Also the book has reached about 139.600 views and I don't know what to say, I am at least grateful. I am trying my best so continue showing me how much you want more and:

1) Vote,

2) Commend and tell me your opinions and thoughts, or

3) Share the story.

This is it for this time, see you again in the next chapter. Be safe and happy until next time!

I love you all,

Marie...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
13 5 2
Diana is a queen in shackles, enslaved by the vampire kingdom, and served as their prey since the age of 17, she survived by sheer will power and the...
66.8K 1.2K 37
"Why-why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked. "Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million pounds to be exact." Stefan said as he...
2.8M 84K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...