The Alpha's Reluctant Mate

By koolbee22

Highest Rank #5 Alpha King After years of longing to be with her mate, Riona finally woke to his manipulative... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 15

561 21 0
By koolbee22

"What pack is this by the way?" That caught Faolan off guard. What did she  mean what pack?

Faolan smirked at her question. "You mean you don't know?" Faolan meant it to be a playful tease, but alarm bells went off when Maggie furrowed her brows at him. 

"No I don't. I know it's a large pack but I'm not familiar with every pack in the country." 

FUCK! Here he was finally making progress getting his mate to confide in him and now he has to drop ANOTHER fucking bombshell. She was going to flip when she connected the dots. 

Cautiously he answered her. "Sweetie this is the Royal Pack." Faolan counted  the seconds for her to process what he said and braced himself for her realization. 

"The Royal Pack?!?" Faolan nodded at her with concern on his face. "So you are the Alpha of the Royal Pack." Faolan nodded again. Faolan was sprung tight. If she tried to make a run for it he would have to stop her. There was no running from this. "So if you are the Alpha of the Royal Pack that would makes you..." Maggie couldn't finish that thought. Her eyes were wide as her mind ticked away. Faolan couldn't wait for her to finish the thought. 

"It means that I am the Alpha King." Maggie froze in shock. She was frantically looking around the room probably looking for the best escape route. Luckily Faolan was already sitting between her and the door, so she wouldn't be able to leave that way. There was the giant window though, which she does has a history of using. Faolan was planning all the different ways he could grab her without hurting her when to looked right at him. 

"You are not going to make me wear a dumb tiara are you?" 

What? That was not the response Faolan was expecting. Running? yes. Trying to rip his throat out? Maybe. But to object to a tiara?!? It was Faolan's turn to look at Maggie shocked. Her face was completely serious and aghast at the though of wearing a bejeweled crown. After a few minutes Maggie's mouth began to twitch at the corners. That's when the ridiculousness of her comment finally registered with him. She was going to be expected not only to be a Luna to a pack, but also to an entire species, and all she is worried about is wearing a tiara. 

Faolan's mouth began to crack with the amusement behind the thought. That only made Maggie smile more which in turn made Faolan crack a little more. Soon the two were snickering trying to hold back their laughter. Maggie broke first letting out a chuckle and then Faolan could not hold it back any longer. The two roared in unison. Maggie held her belly trying to gain control but every time one would start to calm down they would look at the other and start laughing all over again. It was several minutes before their laughter began to die down. 

Faolan gave out a last few chuckles as he leaned back with his arm on the back of the couch. Maggie settling too leaned back to resting her head on his arm. It was an unconscious decision on both their part, but the way they were positioned it was almost like Maggie was leaning into Faolan with his arm around her. 

Faolan struggled with his emotions. His wolf wanted to pull her in and caress their mate but Faolan didn't want to risk overstepping his bounds and losing the ground he had made. He didn't have to struggle long as someone came barging through the door at which point Faolan removed his arm. 

"Hey we got a problem. Captain Asshat keeps calling." Dammit Theo. He always had the worse timing. "He's complaining about some lost pack member..." Theo froze mid sentence at seeing the couple. Maggie was looking anywhere but at the two men in the room and Faolan was staring daggers at Theo. 

"Oh," was all Theo said. 

"Oh," Faolan replied sarcastically. 

"Uh... you know what? I can tell Captain Asshat to go suck it. Looks like you're too busy right now." With that Theo pulled a one eighty and walked right back out of the office. 

Theo leaned forward putting his elbows on his knees and rubbing at his face. That wasn't awkward. Faolan was wallowing in his own embarrassment when he heard Maggie.

"Whose Captain Asshat?" Faolan looked at Maggie who had an amused look on her face. You wouldn't expect a king and his second in command to use such crass terms. Faolan smirked at her before repsonding. 

"He's an Alpha of another pack. And a royal pain in my ass." Faolan rolled his eyes to emphasize his point. Maggie smiled at him cockily.

"Well then I can't wait to meet him. He sound absolutely charming." They caused Faolan's wolf to growl. 

"If I have it my way you would never meet it. As it is I would love to strip him of his title." Bryce didn't just annoy him. he found every possible way to irk him. 

"Why don't you then? You are the king after all. Just demote him and be done with it." Faolan smiled at his mates candidness. 

"I would but there is this thing where I'm trying to be fair and just and all the annoying stuff. I can't really demote him without probable cause and he hasn't given me one...yet." Maggie leaned forward closer to Faolan's face. They were maybe a foot  apart. She was getting more comfortable with him. 

"Sounds like a personal problem to me." and then she smirked at him. Faolan smirked right back. His mate was spunky. 

This time a knock interrupted them. Faolan rolled his eyes. At least they knocked. "Come in," he called to them. 

"See Theo. It's a simple thing to just knock. We shouldn't go barging in like we own the place. She'll think we're all rude." Erin came striding in holding a tray as she approached with Theo trailing behind her holding a basket. 

"Hey give me a break." Theo called back. "It was an open door policy before now. How was I suppose to know that had changed." Erin put down the tray which carried plates covered in food domes and silverware. She then turned back to Theo to bicker with him placing her hands on her hips. 

"Because he has a mate! You can't just go barging in whenever you feel like. How would you like it if someone barged in on us?" Theo grabbed Erin and pulled her to him as he let out a low growl. "Exactly. You wouldn't like it, so be respectful and knock." Theo narrowed his eyes at her thinking to what Erin said then turned towards Faolan. 

"My apologies Alpha." Faolan smiled and nodded at his friend. 

"Good," Erin smiled at Theo in that loving adorable way. "Now put me down. I'm hungry and the food is getting cold." 

After Theo put Erin down she started to lift the food domes which held steak, potatoes and green beans on each plate. In the basket Theo carried was fresh bread. It smelled heavenly. 

"Everyone else is already eating downstair but I didn't think Maggie would be ready to meet everyone yet, so I thought the four of us could eat up here." Faolan looked towards Maggie who looked relieved. 

"Thank you Erin," Faolan replied. "That was very thoughtful of you." He owed her. 

...

Maggie was relieved when she was able to eat in Faolan's office. She knew she would have to meet everyone eventually, but that was future Maggie's problem. The food Erin brought was divine. Always being on the run, she was constantly saving money for when she would eventually have to make her next get away and so amenities like steak seemed like an extravagance. She tried not to moan as she chewed each  piece. 

Erin was great a keeping the mood at ease, telling stories of how Theo and Faolan were growing up. She had Maggie rolling in tears when she told about the time Theo and and Faolan had freaked out when they were young claiming they were bitten by a rattle snake. Turned out it wasn't a snake but a garden hose that fell on them. Theo and Faolan were less amused by the tale. 

...

After they had finished eating, Erin announced they were going to watch a movie and Faoland Maggie had to join them. In the theater room was a giant screen with several comfy couches. Erin picked Zombieland and everyone settled down to watch. Erin and Theo snuggled up on one couch. Erin laid her head in Theo's lap so he could pay with her hair. Faolan and Maggie sat on the other couch with a foot of space in between them.

Maggie couldn't help but envy Erin's and Theo's closeness. Could she some day have that with Faolan? She looked at her mate who was staring at the screen. No doubt he was handsome, and so far had been nothing but kind to her...well except for kidnapping her from her trailer which in hindsight was a pretty tame reaction to his mate running out on him. 

Maggie continue to stare at Faolan. She thought she lost the chance at having a loving mate and here was one right in front of her. She didn't want to waste what she had been given. Feeling a little awkward Maggie made her move. She closed the distance between her and Faolan and snuggled up to him. Faolan startled not expecting her to be so close but quickly lifted his arm to wrap around her. Maggie laid her head on his shoulder and turned back to watching the movie pretending like this wasn't a big deal. Her wolf purred in satisfaction. This was right. 

Maggie looked over at Erin who was silently staring at her with a smug face. Maggie rolled her eyes and smiled back to which Erin shrugged her shoulder and then turned back to the movie. 

...

Maggie woke up to her body hitting the soft bed. She must have fallen asleep during the movie. She hardly moved as the covers were pulled up over her. She felt a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Good night Maggie," Faolan whispered. He then walked away from her and the bed. But did she want him to walk away? Before she could think on it too much she called out towards him. 

"Faolan?" Her voice cam out softer than she intended, still she heard him stop mid stride. 

"Yeah," came a low reply.

"Will you just get in the bed already?" There was a pause before she heard a reply.

"Are you sure?" No she wasn't, but there was no turning back now. 

"Yeah I'll feel guilty if I make you sleep on the couch." She heard Faolan walk closer to her. The bed dipped with his weight as he settled in on the other side. Part of her wanted to turn and snuggle up to him like she did on the couch but she didn't have the confidence to do that a second time. Instead she just settled for knowing he was close to her. 

...

Faolan woke up warm and well rested. His wolf was practically beaming in his head. Not only were they able to spend time last evening with their mate, but she also slowly getting more comfortable with them and even initiated some affection. They even got to sleep in the same bed! Sure they were several feet apart, but it was a step. Faolan was willing to go at whatever pace Maggie was comfortable with. He was just happy to have her.

Faolan tried to turn over to look at his phone on the night stand but was hindered by a heavy weight on his chest. He looked down and lifted the blankets to see a head of reddish brown hair. Faolan grinned. Maggie at some point in the night had snuggled up to him and was now sleeping curled up against his chest. Faolan whole body fill with warmth. He tugged on the mate bond slightly just to feel it and it hummed back in return. 

He could put off work for a few more minutes. After all, his mate needed her rest.

...

At 9:00, Faolan finally dragged himself out of bed. Maggie stirred some at the loss of contact but settled when she was able to sniff his scent on his pillow. Faolan wanted to jump right back in but duty called. With the gathering falling through, he had some extra work to do in order to make up for it. Most likely he would have to invite the Alpha's to his territory to go over the bigger issues but he could delay that some if he dealt others himself. 

After a quick shower, Faolan was dressed and headed for his office. Standing next to the door was his Gamma Max. Faolan nodded towards him before opening the door and Max followed him in without saying a word. Faolan was able to sit at his desk which was covered in lots of official documents, but Max stood to one side in front of him with his hands behind his back not making eye contact.

"Report Max," Faolan called out. "How did the gathering  go once I left." Max continued to stare at the wall behind Faolan as he gave his report. 

"Most everyone took your departure well. There were some complaints but once they heard the circumstances they understood. Alpha Robert was kind enough to host some of the social events." Bob was a good Alpha. Faolan was glad to have his loyalty. He should return the favor.

"We should reimburse him for his troubles," Faolan said. "He put together a good gathering just to have it spoiled by unfortunate events. It's the least we could do." In all honesty Faolan probably owed him even more. "Invite him for a stay. His daughter was friends with my mate. I'm sure they would like to see each other again." Max nodded in acknowledgment.

"We did have one protester," Max reported. Three guesses who that was.

"Let me guess. Alpha Bryce." Max looked directly at Faolan for the first time answering him non verbally. "What is his problem now?"

"Alpha Bryce claims to have lost one of his pack members and he also claims you would know their whereabouts." Faolan squinted at Max in confusion. 

"Why on earth would I know where one of his member is. I make a point of knowing as little as possible about him." 

"I don't know sir but he was quite adamant about it." Faolan rolled his eyes. The man had a death wish. Max finished his report and then was dismissed while Faolan continued on with his other work. At around eleven he decided that was enough work and returned to see his mate. He could feel through the bond that she had woken up about an hour ago and he was anxious to spend more time with her. 

Faolan walked into their bedroom and looked around expecting to see his mate up and about. instead he found itt was empty. Maggie was gone. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
409K 8.5K 60
A King needs his Queen, to rule by his side. To see the beauty in every little things.. Its all Alexander ever wanted. To feel the bond of a Mate. To...
Queen By Gaye

Werewolf

164K 4.8K 22
"I am Luna Feia Agreste and I am the queen." It's true. I am the queen. Not because I am the luna, heck I don't want to be one, but because I am the...
2.6M 73.8K 83
HIGHEST RANK:- #6 IN WEREWOLF!! -------- I went into her room through the window. She was lying peacefully on her small bed. I went near her and bent...