Absolution [ELIJAH MIKAELSON]...

By -GossipRiley

"Sometimes blood isn't thicker than water." The Originals Season 1 - 4 Book 2 of the Audrey Gilbert Series Co... More

INTRODUCTION
PART ONE
I - HOUSE OF THE RISING SON
II - TANGLED UP IN BLUE
III - GIRL IN NEW ORLEANS
IV - SINNERS AND SAINTS
V - FRUIT OF THE POISONED TREE
VI - BLOODLETTING
VII - THE RIVER IN REVERSE
VIII - REIGNING PAIN IN NEW ORLEANS
IX - THE CASKET GIRLS
X - APRES MOI, LE DELUGE
XI - 500 YEARS OF SOLITUDE
XII - CRESCENT CITY
XIII - LONG WAY BACK FROM HELL
XIV - LE GRAND GUIGNOL
XV - FAREWELL TO STORYVILLE
XVI - MOON OVER BOURBON STREET
XVII - THE BIG UNEASY
XVIII - AN UNBLINKING DEATH
XIX - A WALK CLOSER WITH THEE
XX - THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS
XXI - FROM A CRADLE TO A GRAVE
PART TWO
XXII - REBIRTH
XXIII - ALIVE AND KICKING
XXIV - EVERY MOTHER'S SON
XXV - LIVE AND LET DIE
XXVI - RED DOOR
XXVII - WHEEL INSIDE THE WHEEL
XXVIII - CHASING THE DEVIL'S TAIL
XXIX - THE BROTHERS THAT CARE FORGOT
XXX - THE MAP OF MOMENTS
XXXI - GONNA SET YOUR FLAG ON FIRE
XXXII - BROTHERHOOD OF THE DAMNED
XXXIII - THE DEVIL IS DAMNED
XXXV - THEY ALL ASKED FOR YOU
XXXVI - SAVE MY SOUL
XXXVII - EXQUISITE CORPSE
XXXVIII - NIGHT HAS A THOUSAND EYES
XXXIX - WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS
XL - CITY BENEATH THE SEA
XLI - FIRE WITH FIRE
XLII - ASHES TO ASHES
PART THREE
XLIII - FOR THE NEXT MILLENNIUM
XLIV - YOU HUNG THE MOON
XLV - I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL OR NEW ORLEANS
XLVI - A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE
XLVII - THE AXEMAN'S LETTER
XLVIII - BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE
XLIX - OUT OF THE EASY
L - THE OTHER GIRL IN NEW ORLEANS
LI - SAVIOR
LII - A GHOST ALONG THE MISSISSIPPI
LIII - WILD AT HEART
LIV - DEAD ANGELS
LV - HEART SHAPED BOX
LVI - A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE
LVII - AN OLD FRIEND CALLS
LVIII - ALONE WITH EVERYBODY
LIX - BEHIND THE BLACK HORIZON
LX - THE DEVIL COMES HERE AND SIGHS
LXI - NO MORE HEARTBREAKS
LXII - WHERE NOTHING STAYS BURIED
LXIII - GIVE 'EM HELL KID
LXIV - THE BLOODY CROWN
PART FOUR
LXV - WE'RE PLANNING A JUNE WEDDING
LXVI - I WAS FEELING EPIC
LXVII - GATHER UP THE KILLERS
LXVIII - NO QUARTER
LXIX - HAUNTER OF RUINS
LXX - KEEPERS OF THE HOUSE
LXXI - I HEAR YOU KNOCKING
LXXII - BAG OF COBRAS
LXXIII - HIGH WATER AND A DEVIL'S DAUGHTER
LXXIV - VOODOO IN MY BLOOD
LXXV - QUEEN DEATH
LXXVI - NO PLACE LIKE HOME
LXXVII - PHANTOMESQUE
LXXVIII - A SPIRIT HERE THAT WON'T BE BROKEN
LXXIV - VOODOO CHILD
LXXV - THE FEAST OF ALL SINNERS
LXXVI - ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Thank You
SEQUEL
PART FIVE - WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN
THE PATH UNTAKEN
WHERE YOU LEFT YOUR HEART
ONE WRONG TURN ON BOURBON
BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA
DON'T IT JUST BREAK YOUR HEART
WHAT, WILL, I, HAVE, LEFT
GOD'S GONNA TROUBLE THE WATER
THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS
WE HAVE NOT LONG TO LOVE
THERE IN THE DISAPPEARING LIGHT
'TIL THE DAY I DIE
THE TALE OF TWO WOLVES
WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN

XXXIV - I LOVE YOU, GOODBYE

9.4K 318 65
By -GossipRiley

   It was dark as Cami drove the car back into town, the two women knowing they needed to get hold of Klaus somehow. While Audrey's mind was worrying about Elijah, she was trying to push it down, knowing right now they needed to focus on what they needed to do next. As Cami drove, Audrey leaned back and gently rocked Hope's car seat, trying to soothe the little girl as she cried. 

   "It's okay, sweetheart." She said softly, glancing forward as Cami pulled them into a gas station. "It's all going to be okay. We just need to make a quick phone call, okay?"

   "Here." Cami handed Audrey some change. "I'll calm Hope down, you make the call."

   Nodding, the Gilbert girl got out of the car and headed toward the payphone. Things had suddenly gone from fine to a disaster, and the million thoughts running through her mind were driving her crazy. She paused and took a deep breath, resting her hand on her stomach as she a familiar flutter, which had been growing stronger since that first time she ever felt it. "It's okay, baby." She whispered, rubbing her hand soothingly over her bump. "Everything is going to be okay." She froze as she rustling nearby, and narrowed her eyes as she looked around carefully. "Whoever it is, you've picked a really bad night to mess with me." She warned bravely, feeling the last of the patients she had wearing thin. "I swear, try anything and I will rip you apart!"

   "Actually, my love." A familiar voice spoke up from behind, relief flooding through Audrey as she turned to face him. "That's probably not necessary."

   The coins dropping from her hand to the ground, Audrey quickly moved over into his hand, not caring the state of his burnt and ash covered clothing. Elijah's arms wrapped around her tightly, kissing the top of her head as he held her. "You're okay."

   "I am." He assured, stroking his hand through her hair. "However, I'm afraid the same can't be said for Finn."

   "Finn?" She repeated in disbelief. "Elijah, what the hell happened back there?"

   "That is a discussion for the car." He said, as he quickly yet gently ushered her in that direction. "Let's move."

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   After Elijah got hold of Klaus, explaining the situation, he told the four to come back to New Orleans. With Hayley and Jackson's wedding set to happen that day, he decided the compound was the safest place for Hope, as soon they'd have an army of werewolves answering to Hayley. An army that they could get to protect their daughter, which would give them the start of a solution to their Finn problem, though they still needed to figure out what body he'd jumped into after the explosion. With the wedding happening soon, Audrey went upstairs to shower and change, the shower welcoming and comforting after the night she'd experienced. It felt strange, being back in New Orleans after being away so long, but there was also a sense of feeling at home. As she got herself changed into the dress she picked out, her eyes scanned the bedroom, smiling as she caught sight of the familiar pile of baby gifts from Caroline. It had been a while since she'd heard from the Forbes girl, but she why. Liz Forbes was sick, and she wasn't going to get any better, despite how desperately Caroline had tried to find a solution for her. 

   It was coming down to just a matter of time, so she was trying to make the most of time she had left with her. With everything going in both of their lives, the most the girls got to do at the moment was check in with one another over text, but they promised they'd try to do something more soon. 

   "Allow me." Elijah smiled as he appeared behind her in the mirror, fastening the button on the back of her dress. "You look beautiful, my love." 

   "I wanted to make the effort. It's Hayley wedding day, after all." She shrugged softly, turning to look at him properly. Within a second, their lips met in a kiss, Elijah's hands gently cupping her face as he did so. "What was that for?" She breathed out, when she reluctantly pulled away.

   "I love you." Elijah said, gazing at her with nothing but love in his eyes. "Yesterday, Finn was there not only to harm Hope, but to..." He took a deep breath. "To come after you and our child, and it's been playing heavily on my mind. If you had been there yesterday--"

   "We weren't." She cut him, placing her hands over the top of his. "We weren't, and I have no doubt in my mind that even if we were, you would have done everything possible to keep us safe."

   "I'll never let anything happen to either of you." He said strongly, stroking the pad of his thumb across her cheek. "Stay close to me today, alright? I know with the wolves here, there shouldn't be a threat, but--"

   "I won't leave your side." Audrey promised, knowing it would put his mind at ease.

   Lacing their hands together, the couple made their way out onto the balcony, where Klaus was already stood watching. All the wedding guests were seated down below in the ballroom, werewolves and vampire alike, all waiting for the ceremony to begin. After a moment, a gentle symphony begins to play, and Hayley and Jackson begin to walk aisle together. The pair smiled at one another as they let go of each others hands, splitting apart to walk up the two staircases, meeting once again on the balcony where Mary waited for them.

   "Be seated, please." Mary announced to the guests, who took their seats once again. "We gather together as a community seeking peace, inspired by this couple standing before you." On the balcony opposite, Klaus, Elijah and Audrey watched silently, Hayley glancing over at them nervously before focusing back on Jackson. "There was a time werewolves saw themselves not as cursed, but blessed with connection to our most pure selves. And tonight, we honor that blessing with the long awaited unification of the two Crescent bloodlines." Mary then bound Hayley and Jackson's linked wrists together with a wreath of flowers. "In doing so, we choose to embrace Hayley's vampire nature. With this union, Hayley will share her unique gifts with her pack." She then takes a match and lights the ceremonial candle. "And now, your vows."

   Jackson took a deep breath as he began. "I pledge to honor you and defend you and your above all others."

   "To share in blessings and burdens." Hayley continued. "To be your advocate, your champion."

   "To be your comfort, your sanctuary, and for as long as we both shall live, your family." Jackson said wholeheartedly, gazing in her eyes as he spoke. 

   Hayley's face softened as she gazed back at him. "To be your family." They smile at one another, taking a match from Mary and lighting a candle themselves. 

   Mary smiled between them both. "You two have endured all the traditional werewolf rituals and trials. There is only one remaining--" She turned to her grandson. "Jackson, you may kiss your bride."

   Jackson looked at Hayley nervously at those words, but as she gave him an encouraging smile, the two finally kissed. Audrey wrapped her arms around Elijah's arm as she watched, resting her head on his shoulder with a small smile, making him smile and kiss the top of her head. As the newly wedded couple finally pull apart, both of their eyes start to glow gold, making their smiles grow as they realized what it meant. They turned and looked down at the crowd, and everyone whispered and watched curiously, as all the wolves eyes began to glow gold too. As everyone took in the fact the ceremony worked, some of the vampires shuffled nervously, as Klaus let out a sigh of relief.

   Both Elijah and Audrey exchanged a look, as they watched him walk into the study, a look on his face they knew all too well. "I know that look. I see it all too often." Elijah began as they followed him. "What are you planning?"

   Klaus looked at them innocently. "I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about."

   "Don't play dumb, Nik." Audrey gave him a look.

   Elijah was also unconvinced, narrowing his eyes on his younger brother. "Jackson marries the mother of your child, in our home, solidifying his rule over the wolves you yourself once sought to control. Talk to me." He urged him, his tone firm.

   "Let Jackson have Hayley." Klaus told them, that look becoming clear once again as he continued. "Although, he isn't exactly fit to lead an army tasked with protecting my daughter. His reign will be short lived."

   Audrey looked at him in disbelief. "You're not serious."

   "Niklaus." Elijah gave him a look. "You cannot honestly believe that I would allow you to harm Jackson on the day of Hayley's wedding--"

   "He's not one of us, Elijah!" Klaus cut him off adamantly. "He's mortal. Mortal's perish."

   As he turned to walk back onto the balcony, Elijah grabbed his arm roughly, blocking his path. "What are you doing?"

   "What is best for my daughter." Klaus pulled from his grip, and walked away without another word.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   The couple kept a careful eye on Klaus after that, who grew increasingly more annoyed at their hovering. Though, it didn't stop them from doing it. They both knew he was acting irrationally, and the repercussions killing Jackson would have on all of them if he saw it through. Eventually, Klaus seemed to start behaving, and the couple tried to enjoy the celebrations taking place now the ceremony was over. Everyone was enjoying the reception in the courtyard, either dancing along with Jackson and Hayley, or enjoying the food and drinks being served. Up on the balcony, out of the way of everyone else, Elijah and Audrey were enjoying a dance of their own.

   "When things are better." He began softly, spinning her under his arm before resting his forehead against hers. "When you're both safe." He rested on of his hands against her bump. "We should finally plan our own wedding."

   A small grin twitched onto her lips. "Oh, I've already started on that." She mused, making him a raise a brow. "I think you forget who my best friend is sometimes."

   "Right." He chuckled with a nod. "Miss. Forbes."

   "Mhm." She hummed. "She started planning it the day she found out we were engaged." Audrey told him. "Plus, we already knew what each other always wanted. I just want to wait until the baby is here to do, and next time I see her, anything you want can be added in too."

   "Whatever you want will be perfect." Elijah smiled, kissing the tip of her nose which made her giggle slightly. "I'll be marrying you, we'll have our child. I don't need anything more than that." He said honestly. "However, there is something I wish to discuss with you."

   The Gilbert girl rose a brow at that, seeing the hesitant look on his face. "What's wrong?"

   "Nothing." He shook his head. "I've been thinking over Marcel's offer, for us to join him and the vampire community across the river. I think I'm going to accept it."

   Audrey blinked in surprise. "You want to move to the Algiers?"

   "The community he is trying to grow...it's prospering more than I originally gave him credit for. With my help, I think it could grow even more." He explained to her. "What Niklaus is doing with the wolves, he's making alliances and taking steps to protect Hope. Our child would have that same protection from the vampires if we did this." He looked at her softly. "Though, if you don't wish to..."

   "No, no, I think it's a great idea." She said honestly. "I'm just surprised. I thought you'd want to stay here."

   "I'm always going to keep an eye on my siblings." Elijah said honestly. "Keep Niklaus from acting irrationally, however, you and the baby are my priority. I meant what I said earlier, my love. I'm never going to let any harm come to either of you."

   Leaning in, Audrey cupped his face in her hands and kissed him softly, smiling as she slowly pulled away. "Then let's do it." She nodded. "Let's move."

   His own smile growing, he rested his forehead back against hers, the pair falling into a content silence as they continued to dance. However, the moment was interrupted as the band stopped playing the song, all eyes falling onto Klaus as he cleared his throat.

   He stepped into the middle of the courtyard, Hope resting contently in his arms. "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please? Hayley, if you would join me, I would like to propose a toast." Surprise on her face, Hayley slowly moved away from Jackson and joined Klaus and her daughter, taking Hope into her arms as he continued. "I want to welcome you all. As you know, last spring, Hayley and I had a daughter. Due to tragic circumstance, she was lost. Now, she has returned home. Her name is Hope." All the guests let out small gasps and whispers of shock, their eyes falling onto Hope in awe. "She will live here among you, her pack. Her family. We implore you-- protect our daughter. Teach her. Love her, as one of your own." Taking a glass of champagne from a passing waiter, he looks at Jackson. "Jackson, I invite you and your bride to live here, uniting your proud and noble people in peace. Welcome to the family, mate." He smiled, earning a small nod of surprise from the Kenner man, and Klaus glances up at Elijah and Audrey before raising his glass in toast. "To Jackson and Hayley!"

   All the guests raised their glasses, all of them chorusing. "Cheers!" 

   "What do you think changed his mind?" Audrey asked quietly, noticing the look on Elijah's face as he watched his brother.

   "I don't know." He answered, pulling his eyes from Klaus to look at her. "But I suppose we'll find out soon enough."

   "Elijah. Audrey." A voice called from behind, making the couple turn. It took them a moment as they looked at the woman, confused, until it clicked in their heads. This was Rebekah's new body, and both their faces fell as they caught onto the grave look in her eyes. "It's Kol."

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   Inside a tomb in the cemetery, both Klaus and Elijah held Kol who laid weakly on the ground, bleeding from his nose and mouth. Finn had hexed him, trapping him in his body to die, with no solution Rebekah or Davina had tried able to fix the problem. Kol was going to die again, and the tears in his eyes held pain and some fear, though it was clear he was trying to hide it. Davina knelt on the ground a few feet away from them, clutching onto a beaded necklace as she frantically tried some more spells, refusing to give up on trying to save him. Though deep down, she knew as well as the rest of them there was no fix. 

   "All my life," Kol began, gripping onto Klaus's jacket as he groaned in pain. "all I ever wanted was for you lot to care about me."

   Klaus held tears in his own eyes, and as Kol began to laugh, he was taken over by another coughing fit. Swallowing the lump in her throat, Audrey bent down and sat on the ground behind him, allowing Kol to rest his head in her lap. She stroked her fingers through his hair, rubbing his arms softly as she tried to soothe him through it. "Ssh." She whispered, blinking as her eyes turned glossy. "You're okay."

   "Darling." He smiled at her sadly, as he caught his breath. "I think we both know that's a lie."

   "Kol..." Her voice cracked, slowly shaking her head. "You never deserved this. I am sorry the first time it was--"

   "Not your fault." He cut her off, being as firm as he could in his current state. "I never once blamed you for that, sweetheart. No, that was your bastard siblings. Never you. You're my friend." He took her hand and squeezed it. "You're my family."

   Audrey smiled weakly, letting the tears fall down her cheeks as she squeezed his hand back. "And your mind too."

   "Kol, listen to me." Rebekah got to her knees beside Audrey, letting him move his hand into hers. "You don't have long. You're going to die." He gripped onto her arms tightly at that, the tears he'd been trying so hard not to let fall finally falling. Tears slid down Rebekah's cheeks, taking a shaky breath. "But you will die a witch, and we will consecrate your body. You will join the ancestors of the French Quarter, and those spirits can be brought back. And, I promise you, brother, I will not leave this body until I find a way to bring you home."

   Despite all his pain, Kol managed a smile at that, as Davina scrambled over to them and placed the necklace into the palm of his hand. "I tried a different spell."

   "It's okay." He told her softly, taking her hand and squeezing it. The two of them looked at one another, love and pain on their faces, both tears falling frantically. "I'm not scared."  As Davina tried to smile at him through her tears, Kol let out one final breath before his body went still in Audrey's arms, causing the Claire girl to breakdown into sobs. 

   All three Mikaelson siblings cried freely at that, as did Audrey, the Gilbert girl making no effort to move and let him go from her arms. Kol was gone once again, and as the four looked at one another, a silent promise was made. 

   They would do whatever they could to bring him back to them all.

When I tell you watching and writing this episode made me cry...both of Kol's death made cry honestly. He deserved better. Hayley and Jackson are now married, and now Elijah and Audrey are moving into the vampire community. Which means I get to do more with Audrey and Gia, which will be fun. I enjoyed the friendship I was building their before the Arkansas storyline started. 

I touched upon Caroline and Liz Forbes death in this chapter. Now, I do want Audrey to go back to Mystic Falls for the funeral, however I don't know if that's going to be possible. There is a lot coming up in the next few episodes, as we only have eight episodes of season two left. However, if she doesn't end up going back, I do have something planned before we jump into season three of The Originals.

I won't spoil much, but I promise, there is Audrey and Caroline content coming.

Next chapter, Elijah and Audrey are taking Gia to meet Josephine LaRue, and getting the couple is getting settled into their new lives across the river. Hopefully, the next update will be very soon. 

I hope you all enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 7.4K 42
โ๐’๐‡๐„'๐’ ๐‚๐‹๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐˜ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐‚๐Ž๐๐…๐”๐’๐ˆ๐Ž๐, ๐๐„๐•๐„๐‘ ๐„๐๐Ž๐”๐†๐‡, ๐€๐‹๐–๐€๐˜๐’ ๐“๐Ž๐Ž ๐Œ๐”๐‚๐‡. ๐€ ๐’๐ˆ๐Œ๐๐‹๐„, ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐“๐„๐ƒ...
1.4M 46.9K 43
"The worst feeling isn't being lonely. It's being forgotten by someone you would never forget." The Vampire Diaries 2x07 - 4x23 Book 1 of the Audrey...
14.7K 639 13
"She Is both, Hellfire and Holy water. And the Flavour you taste Depends on how you Treat her." -Sneha Pal 'The Originals' Season 2 { Hayley Marsha...
4.2K 167 22
[๐–ฎ๐–ญ ๐–ฆ๐–ฎ๐–จ๐–ญ๐–ฆ] โ till forever ends โž โ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐–ผ๐— ๐– ๐—…๐—…๐—‚๐—Œ๐—ˆ๐—‡ ๐–ฅ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–ป๐–พ๐—Œ starts a new life in new orleans ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๏ฟฝ...