IV - SINNERS AND SAINTS

   Sophie Deveraux let out a gasp of surprise, as Klaus rushed her into the living room of the plantation house, sitting her down in a chair. Rebekah and Audrey both sat on the couch opposite, looking at her unimpressed as Klaus glared at her furiously. "We had a deal!" He snapped. "You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

   The Deveraux witch shook her head frantically. "I had nothing to do with it, I swear." She emphasized adamantly. "Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die."

   "Then who were they?" Rebekah asked in confusion. 

   "They are a faction of extremists." Sophie sighed. "Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby." 

   "What kind of vision?" Klaus demanded.

   "What vision was bad enough they saw fit to hunt us through the woods?" Audrey gave her a narrowed look. 

   "She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation." She explained to them calmly. "I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

   "Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted." Klaus leaned forward in his space beside his sisters. 

   Sophie let out a sigh, rubbing her face with her hands as she looked at him. "Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches."

   "Ah, well." Klaus smirked, leaning back in his seat. "I grow fonder of this child by the second."

   "Sophie, look-- I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle-baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty." Sophie's eyes widen at Rebekah's words. "Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

   "Elijah's talking to Davina?" She asked.

   "Yeah." Rebekah nodded. "As we speak, I imagine."

   "I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd." Sophie muttered, glancing down in thought.

   Klaus looked at her, intrigued. "Do tell." 

   "I...wasn't always a advocate for the witches." She began to explain. "My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned twenty-one, I left the Quarter to travel... and play. But, I wanted to be a chef, so I came back to Rousseau's. And that day I got back, Jane-Anne told me the coven were moving forward with something called the Harvest."

   "The Harvest?" The Gilbert girl repeated in confusion.

   "It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored." She told them. "We appease our ancestors, they keep our ancestral power flowing."