LXXIV - VOODOO CHILD

   "DADDY!" 

   A grin broke onto Elijah's face as Mira ran into his and Audrey's bedroom that morning, jumping into his arms as he bent down to hug her. Picking her up, he hugged her tightly as he held her on his hip, pressing kisses on top of her head. She snuggled her head into the crook of his neck, making him smile even more than he already was. 

   "I missed you too, sweetheart." He mumbled, closing his eyes for a moment in pure content. "More than you'll ever know."

   "Will you play with me today?" She asked him hopefully.

   "Of course I will." He nodded, kissing her forehead once more as he set her down on her feet. "I have to go with your uncle to do something, but when I get back, you will have my undivided attention. I give you my word." He promised. 

   "Okay." She smiled, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I'll go play with Hope until you get back."

   He gently stroked her hair behind her ear, nodding. "When I get back, your mother and I also need to talk to you about something."

   "Am I in trouble?" She asked warily.

   "No, no." He shook his head. "Nothing like that. It is a good thing."

   "Okay." She nodded, giving him one last hug before she left to go find her cousin.

   He watched her go with a lingering smile, before he made his way down toward the study, where he found Audrey. She sat at the desk with a book in her hands, glancing up as she heard him walk inside. The two had been had barely wanted to separate that morning, even if it was only for a brief moment, but they did in the end. Morning sickness had stirred Audrey from where she slept in Elijah's arms, and by the time she started to feel better, she knew she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep. So she'd gotten ready and went to tend to Mira while Elijah got up, before making her way into the study to enjoy the peaceful feeling that filled the compound that morning. 

   Taking her hand, Elijah pulled her to her feet before sitting down in the chair, and pulling her back down to sit in his lap. She chuckled softly as she leaned against him comfortably, heat rising her cheeks as she felt his lips press against her neck, his arms snaking their way around her waist. 

   "Oh, bloody hell." Klaus rolled his eyes as he walked in the room. "You two do realize you have a bedroom you could be doing that in."

   "Good morning to you too, grumpy." Audrey hummed with an innocent smile, Elijah smirking slightly as he rested chin on the top of her head.

   "On the contrary, sister, I'm in a rather pleasant mood." He shot back, looking toward Elijah. "We should be celebrating your return, brother."

   "Perhaps later." He brushed off, in no rush to move from his current spot.

   "Why wait?" Rebekah asked as she joined them, smiling at her older brother fondly. "It's a lovely day, the Hollow is dead and my brother is back. Much to the joy of custom suit tailors everywhere, not to mention me." She teased as she took his hand, Audrey biting her lip to stop herself laughing. "I have to admit, I've missed the Quarter. I'm gonna make you take me out to hear some jazz."