Shadows | Regulus Black

By bbaage1

Madeline Potter. James Potters sister, very similar yet very different from each other. They were always very... More

'I N T R O
Prologue *
'T W O
'T H R E E
F O U R*
F I V E*
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
Do my lil dancy dance
E I G H T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T T T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
The House
T H I R T Y S E V E N *
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y *
F O U R T Y O N E
The house pt.2
F O U R T Y T W O
F O U R T Y T H R E E
F O U R T Y F O U R
F O U R T Y F I V E
F O U R T Y S I X*
F O U R T Y S E V E N
F O U R T Y E I G H T
F O U R T Y N I N E
F I F T Y*
The beach Date
F I F T Y O N E*
F I F T Y T W O
F I F T Y T H R E E
F I F T Y F O U R
F I F T Y F I V E
F I F T Y S I X
F I F T Y S E V E N
F I F T Y E I G H T
UPDATE?
F I F T Y N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y O N E
S I X T Y T W O
UPDATE

'O N E

42.4K 1K 4.9K
By bbaage1

Madeline Potter was about to join her older brother at Hogwarts, she is just one year younger than James. The two siblings have always been very close growing up, and so when James returned the summer after his first year, they spent hours and hours talking about his experience, and now, she would finally get to experience for herself rather than through stories.

"Wait one more hug!" Euphemia said as she pulled her two kids back into her arms. They both laughed and hugged her back.

"Honey, the kids are going to miss their train." Mr. Potter chuckled. "You'll see them at Christmas."

"I know I know, I just, now both my babies are gonna be gone all year." She pouted as she let go of the kids.

"Bye mom, bye dad!." James shouted as he ran to the doors or the train.

"I love you guys!" Madeline shouted, following her brother

James led Madeline towards his and his friend's compartment.

"Boys, this is my sister, Madeline, Madeline this is Peter, Remus, and Sirius." James pointed at his three friends. Sirius had dark black hair, and dark eyes, they looked almost black. Remus had brown hair, lighter than her brothers, he looked taller than the rest. Then peter, he had blonde hair, shortest for sure.

"Nice to meet you, Madeline, I have a little brother and its also his first year. Perhaps you two could be friends?

"Whats his name?" She asked the dark haired boy.

"Regulus, he's probably off with his friend who is also our neighbor, most likely, I'll introduce you two after the sorting ceremony. If i remember that is."

Regulus, what an interesting name. Madeline thought to herself.

"Now, Mae, you could sit with us our you could go and try to make some friends before we arrive," James said to his little sister, James is the only one who calls her Mae, he tried the nickname Mads but she turned that one down, it was to common of a nick name.

"Yeah, I'll go try make friends." She smiled then took off.

This shouldn't be too hard. Right?

Madeline wandered down the hallway for a little bit before seeing a compartment with just one other kid in it, she had long red hair. She seems friendly.

She slowly pulled open the compartment door which caused the redhead to shoot her head from the window to the door.

"Oh hi," she said.

"Hi, my name is Madeline, do you mind if I sit?"

"No not at all." the girl smiled. "I'm Alyssa Lightbourne." she reached her hand out, which Madeline gladly took and shook.

After a bit of awkward silence, Alyssa decided to start a conversation.

"So, what house are you hoping for?"

"Gryffindor! My brother is in it, and both my parents were Gryffindor as well." Madeline smiled.

"Me too! well not my family also being in Gryffindor, my brother is one year older than me, he's in Slytherin, so was my dad, my mom was a Ravenclaw."

"Oh cool! I wonder if our brothers know each other, if they do they probably actually hate each other... James told me all about hating the Slytherins."

The two kept having small conversations the rest of the train ride. They both just made their first friend at Hogwarts.

Just like James said, the first years all rode in canoes across the black lake to get to the castle. Madeline thought it was really dreamy but also terrifying at the same time.

Once the first year all gathered in the great hall where the rest of the students and professors were, Dumbledore introduced Professor McGonagall who brought students up one by one to the sorting hat.

"Camilla Night." She announced.

I looked to my left and a girl with long brown hair made her way up to the stool. She sat there, eyes shut and crossing her fingers, a few moments past then the hat yelled "Gryffindor!"

She shot her eyes opened and had a huge smile on her face. The Gryffindor table all cheered.

A few more students' names were called before Madeline's. Including Regulus Black, Sirius' brother. She looked at him as he sat there, you can definitely tell their brothers, she thought to herself. He had short black hair, like Sirius, but he had grey eyes, obviously shorter given he was younger, and his features were more defined.

"Slytherin." The hat said after a long while of thinking. The hat definitely had a hard time with that kid. She looked back for a brief moment and saw Sirius give his little brother a sympathetic smile.

"Madeline Potter," McGonagall said.

She bit her lip anxiously then walked up and sat on the stool.

"A potter hm?" The hat whispered. "I know of your brother, quite the trouble maker that one. But you, Gryffindor? Maybe. Slytherin seems to fit you, so does Ravenclaw, not Hufflepuff though. I think I'm just going to go with.."

"Gryffindor!" The hat shouted. Madeline jumped out of her seat and ran to join the others at her table. She went and sat next to her brother who gave her a side hug as she sat down to congratulate and welcome her.

September 2nd, 1972

After a long night of chatting with her new roommates, Alyssa and Camilla, they finally managed to sleep at around 2 in the morning, Madeline already knew they were going to be too tired to function the next day, aka; their first day of classes. And they were exactly that.

"Blimey it's 8:50, we've missed breakfast and we're going to be late to class!" Camilla shouted, throwing a pillow and the other two girls.

"No no no I can't be late for my first class!" Alyssa shouted as she got up and ran to her dresser.

Mae just groaned as she slowly sat up from her bed. She hung her legs over the edge and watched her two friends rush to get ready.

"Madeline hurry up!" Alyssa shouted.

"Yeah yeah.." M sighed. She stood up and walked over to her dresser. She pulled out a gray skirt, white button-up, her house tie, and changed. Once she was dressed she took my robe off the hangar and threw her arms through the sleeves. She then put her shoes on and looked at herself in the mirror. "Perfect," she said as she fixed a loose strand of hair.

"Ready?" Madeline asked.

They just nodded and rushed down the stairs with their book bag. It was now 8:58.

"Okay. Where do we go?" Camilla asked.

"No idea," M said looking around.

"They really need to give first-years maps of this place." Alyssa chuckled.

They were running around trying to find the classroom then came to a halt when they saw Dumbledore standing in front of them.

He simply smiled and pointed to a door on our left.

"Thank you, Professor," they all said in unison before entering through the door.

"Ah, I was wondering when you three would show up." Professor Binns said this is that ghost professor James told me about

"Two of you can sit at that empty desk, one of you there with Mr. Black."

Alyssa and Camilla rushed to the desk for two while Madeline was still processing the words. "Bloody-" she whispered to herself only realizing she had to sit with the stranger.

As she was making her way to the desk he asked the other two for their names, and once M sat and put her bag down he floated over to her.

"And that leaves you to be Ms. Potter, is that correct?" he asked.

"oh um yes, it's nice to meet you, sir."

"You as well, you know it's funny, both your brothers sat together in their first year in my class."

Regulus and Madeline just looked at him then each other with unamused faces.

Once Binns went back to the front of the class and began teaching, she slowly turned and introduced herself.

"Im Madeline, your regulus, Sirius already told me about you," I said.

"Is that so." He said as he wrote down what was on the chalkboard. "Oh and by the way." He then leaned his head over to me. "This seat is taken."

"what do you mean? He literally told to me sit here, meaning it was a free seat." she said while writing in her book.

"On Wednesday it will be, so don't plan on sitting here."

"jeez calm down emo boy," She whispered.

"Am I interrupting?" Professor Binns asked us.

"No sorry sir." they both said.

"See, just like your brothers, a start to a beautiful friendship." he smiled before turning back to the chalkboard.

They both chuckled dryly.

soon enough came lunchtime. The three girls walked in and sat a couple of feet away from M's brother and his friends. And with them were two girls, a redhead, and a blonde.

"So girls, how has your first day been so far?" The redhead asked.

"good" Alyssa said

"We were late for our first class," Camilla added. "What's your name by the way? we didn't meet you two last night."

"Sounds a lot like these boys on their first day last year." the blonde chuckled.

"And I'm Lily, that's Marlene." The redhead said.

"Oi, Mae, what about you?" James asked.

"right yeah, it was good, and Sirius, your brother may only be 11 but he's a total arse."

The 13-year-old coughed on his drink from laughing. "Yeah, he's a bit much sometimes."

Little did she know that 11 year old arse would one day be the most important thing to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 50.5K 101
Maeve Iverson was a part of a royally pureblood, Slytherin, dark wizard-full family. Maybe if she was born to different people her life wouldn't be a...
13.4K 457 50
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...
6.7K 128 52
James always loved Lily, but she never really felt the same, that was until now. Watch as Lily falls for the last person she'd expect as the go throu...
21.2K 558 29
Florence has never had so much trouble going unnoticed. ★彡---------------------------- No update schedule, this is just for fun!