Grim Reaper's Handmaiden [Gri...

By Kuppuruchi

As a human, I've always wondered what's life after death. It's always there at the back of my mind. Will I as... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27.1
Chapter 27.2
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 29

1.3K 43 32
By Kuppuruchi

A/N: 6k reads o.o Thank you so much loves!! ( ˘ ³˘)♥

For the remaining days, Gyth has been working on the summary report day and night. He seemed more stressed than ever and I can say the exact same thing to myself.

I had very little to no sleep the past few days. Even Gyth had trouble sleeping. It seemed like he’s anxious about it as much as I am.

Seeing Gyth unusually bothered about something made me even more nervous. Whenever I locked eyes with him, he’d always have an apologetic look in his green ones.

He’s beginning to be able to express himself more these days, which I’m very grateful about. Though, it’s all for the wrong reasons of meeting the king.

Days went by pretty fast and the dreaded day came.

The morning felt unbearably heavy. My head is pounding hardly and I felt sick to the bones.

I suddenly heard the bathroom door click open and that was my signal to get up.

Gyth came out with just a towel on, visibly showing his perfectly toned body. Appreciating it was harder this day but I still can’t help the faint flush on my cheeks to show.

His eyes searched mine and we just stared at each other for a while, cherishing the silence around us.

“Chevel..” Gyth muttered as he slowly paced towards my figure on the window seat.

He settled beside me and it was hard to focus my gaze on his eyes when he’s half naked.

He held my arms softly, turning my body to face him.

I felt a thumping feeling in my chest, which I find hard to fathom on whether it’s from my anxiety of meeting the king or because of his bare skin before my eyes.

I shook the thought out of my mind as I tried to fixate my eyes in his. He seemed a bit worried and I can tell from his eyes that he didn’t had a good rest.

“Don’t worry too much. I’ll be there with you.” Gyth said, which made me spontaneously smile.

Having Gyth there with me is the only thing that’s keeping me from running away from this situation.

“Thank you.” I said sincerely, painting a smile on my lips, which soon dimmed once he stood up to go to the closet.

I forced my body to stand up and take a bath, which I planned out to be a long one aiming to waste away the time.

I stood on the shower stall, letting the water flow down my body. I was frozen in place unable to make a move or maybe it was just me who didn’t want to until a knock on the door snapped me out.

“Chevel? Are you okay?” Gyth’s voice said from the bathroom door. I might’ve taken too much time.

“Yes!” I responded, hurriedly going out the shower stall when suddenly everything turned sideward.

I winced upon leaving a huge bang on the floor. The door suddenly sprung open and I panicked trying to cover my visibly showing body, only to find nothing but my hands.

I met Gyth’s eyes for a second before turning on my back and covering myself with my arms.

I can feel his gaze onto my back, which made me feel massively embarrassed.

“C-can you please hand me the towel?” I asked stuttering.

I felt the heat rising up my face when I heard him move.

“Here.” He muttered, extending his arm to my side just enough for me to pick the towel from his hand.

“T-thank you.” I said, wrapping myself with the towel.

I slowly helped myself up but the sudden pain on my ankle made me drop down on the floor.

I instantly felt Gyth’s hands on my arms helping me to get up. I was suddenly feeling too hot even though I just took a long bath.

He draped my arm around his neck while his other hand held my side. My breath hitched from his touch as I suddenly felt flying figures in my stomach.

He seated me on the couch and I blushed automatically when he bent down to check my ankle. He massaged it softly and I suddenly winced from the pain.

“I’ll just get some ice.” He said and I nodded whilst he walked out of the door.

I’ve been strangely feeling odd the past few days since Gyth took me out the castle.

Whenever we locked eyes or even just a sudden touch made me feel a sensation in my stomach and a constant thumping in my chest.

At first, it was because I was afraid of him but these days it seemed like an unfamiliar sensation. I’m almost certain that it wasn’t because I was afraid.

I snapped out of my thoughts when the door opened. Gyth came rushing towards me with a pouch of ice in his hands.

A sudden flush visibly tinted my cheeks as he wrapped his arms on the bend of my knees and lifted them up the couch.

He sat on the couch and placed my legs over his lap as he pressed the cold pouch against my ankle.

Here it goes again, the strange sensation that’s making things uncomfortable for me.

I pressed my lips trying to contain myself as he lifted the pouch from my ankle.

“Try moving it?” Gyth asked which I immediately did. It still hurt a bit but I think I can walk now.

I nodded, lifting my feet away from his lap whilst standing up to try to take a step.

“It’s bearable.” I said, slowly pacing back and forth in front of Gyth.

My cheeks flushed upon seeing his fixed gaze on mine. I suddenly looked down to find myself only covered with a towel, which is a signal for me to take long strides towards the closet.

I suddenly felt my ankle pang from the sudden strides I took as I heard Gyth scolding me from the door.

Once I dressed up, I went out only to find a glaring Gyth in front of the closet door.

“Don’t overexert yourself Chevel. If things took the wrong turn, I can’t have you limping on your feet.” He said sternly as I struggled to swallow the lump stuck in my throat.

I nodded nervously whilst he let out a sigh.

“Let’s go.” He said, wrapping the cape onto me as we walked out the door.

Every step I took felt heavier than usual as we ascend the flight of stairs. For the first time, I wished that these stairs would be endless.

I inhaled deeply upon taking the last step of the stairs.

This is really it.

I’m going to meet the king of the underworld.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 102 18
Life was just a huge nightmare for Ife and things just seemed to go from bad to worse for her. She never caught a break. She didn't think she did any...
176 0 32
------------- "Why're you staring at me?" I ask teasingly. I hear him letting out a breath, of embarrassment or guilt I don't know. "I may have unint...
95.3K 2.4K 25
Do yourself a favor... Go read "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse" and/or "Messing with the Supernatural" This story is more dead than my will to...
738 37 34
"Everybody's got a dark side. Can you love me? Can you love mine?" -Kelly Clarkson - Dark Side I could never escape my past. It was always there ha...