3 A.M. » ot4

By afibloom

The rules are simple, they always have been: Don't go out of the safe confines of your home during the times... More

Prologue
1 - My Angel
2 - That Monster
3 - Slightly Psychotic Protector
4 - He Loves to Drown
5 - Angel on the Loose
6 - Burning the World Down
7 - Create Havoc
8 - Prey to Predators
9 - 4 A.M.
11 - 23 Hours
12 - Purgatory
13 - Castaway
14 - Our Savior
15 - Their Dark Love
Epilogue

10 - My Guardian Angel

849 59 26
By afibloom

☻♡

10 - My Guardian Angel

As soon as Luke disappeared when it turned 4 A.M., Ashton was looking for the angel. Throughout the woods, back to the lake, even throughout the nearby streets, and all over again. And he could not find any trace of the angel.

He was stressed and annoyed that he couldn't find or talk to the angel in order to apologize, but he was also oddly thankful. Michael was getting better at hiding himself and that was needed for him and his safety out here as a casted away angel.

Obviously, Ashton didn't know if Calum had found Michael in the woods when he went to go look for him. And if he did, he didn't know how their conversation went.

Now that it was only an hour until another 3 A.M. hour, Ashton patiently waited at the lake by himself.

If Michael's and Calum's conversation went well then Michael would be here in no time, waiting for the lake residing monster.

He could only hope that it did go well. Both so he could talk to the angel himself and because he truly wanted Michael to be in a good standing with Calum and vice versa.

If any of the four of them weren't in a good standing with one another, Ashton could only focus on how weird and unnatural it felt.

He scoffed at himself and his thoughts when he looked out at the dark lake that has taken thousands of Calum's victims.

Ashton was becoming soft for no damn reason and he didn't understand why or how. He didn't even know the other three that well, but he felt the same way that Luke was telling him he felt.

"You're staring like Calum does."

Ashton suddenly heard another voice, making him quickly turn around to see the angel standing there, staring at him stare at the lake.

"How did I not sense you?" He asked confused. He didn't sense one ounce of purity within the air.

Michael smiled bashfully, "I've been working on concealing it."

"Well it definitely worked, angel." He complimented his new ability, "I didn't sense you at all. You almost gave me a heart attack."

Michael smiled softly again at this, nodding silently in order to accept the compliment. He didn't know what to say to Ashton, he didn't understand the demon as a person and he didn't understand what he wanted.

"I'll be honest with you. When I first found Luke frantically running around looking for you, my plan was to torture him by taking you and using you for your blood." Ashton saw Michael flinch from this and he also saw him move his cut arms behind his back.

"But as soon as I took you I saw what Luke sees in you. And I saw what I know Calum sees in you. It's pure innocence and beauty, something that I never believed to be true. But it's true because you're standing right in front of me, angel. This is all confusing and I don't understand it. But I'm here to protect you. Always."

"Thank you, Ashton." Michael blushed brightly, making the demon chuckle as he saw the other one become more bashful within a few words.

"I mean it..." Michael nervously said, "Thank you. You three are so different and...and I really appreciate you all helping me."

"Anything, angel. Anything. You have my word." He said, "So please forgive me and my past ill intentions. If you'll let me, I want to protect you when Calum isn't able to."

Michael shyly nodded his head yes, making Ashton smile from how cute the angel was.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked nervously, making Ashton nod.

"What...What do you think about Calum?"

"What about him?" He asked confused about the random topic.

Michael tried to shrug it off, "I don't know. I'm just wondering what you think about him."

"You're a terrible liar." He laughed, "But even though I barely know Calum I do know that he wants to protect you. I honestly think that he's never once had ill intentions for you like Luke and I had."

"Really?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes, really." He answered, "Why?"

"No reason." Michael shook his head and Ashton knew that he was lying, but he didn't mention anything about it.

The remaining half an hour until the clock struck 3 A.M. went by fast because Luke soon appeared at the lake and in front of Michael and Ashton with an instant frown of guilt.

"I'm so sorry, angel." He immediately said, rushing over to gently grab Michael's hands and interlock his fingers together with his own, "All fucking day I couldn't stop thinking about you and everything that I've done."

"It's okay, Luke."

"It's not." Luke shook his head, peering deeply into the pair of green eyes, "I would never use you for your blood. Unfortunately it just took me a while to realize it. And I'm so overwhelmingly sorry about it."

"It's okay. I promise." He smiled lightly, squeezing Luke's hands in reassurance.

Michael was feeling better about this. It hurt that at first he was only being used, but all of them have made it very clear that they would never hurt him and that they wanted to protect him. He just had to trust his gut, and he had to trust them and their promises.

Luke sighed out blissfully when he watched the other one's small smile, "I've said it so many times and I'll continue saying it. You're so pretty."

"You too, Luke." He giggled out, making Luke's heart burst of adoration.

"Oh I'm pretty?" He hummed down at the angel with a small smile.

"Definitely. Very pretty." Michael smiled, "Ashton? Don't you think Luke is pretty?"

Luke hesitated for a second before he looked over at Ashton, waiting for the other's response to Michael's innocent question. He was expecting an eye roll or even a rude remark. But he got the complete opposite.

"So pretty." Ashton answered and looked right into Luke's blue eyes, "Pretty like a rose. So elegant and breathtaking. But will make you bleed if you grab too tightly."

Luke had to take a deep breath in when he forced himself to look away from Ashton's gaze and back onto Michael.

"Where's Calum?" Michael asked worriedly, looking around the lake and seeing no sign of the monster.

"I don't know." Ashton said, looking around in confusion now that Michael had mentioned it.

"He's probably just running late. No reason to worry." Luke tried to calm Michael down, sending him a comforting smile.

Luke was right because only a few minutes later the brunette soon appeared at the shore of the lake, looking right at the small group of three that were nonchalantly chatting and sitting by the rocks.

Luke was the first one to notice the monster, sending him a small wave and smile, referencing for him to come over. Ashton and Michael noticed, making Michael quickly stand up and stare at the monster who stared right back.

Quickly making his way to the monster, Michael wanted to get to Calum as soon as he possibly could.

Calum could only watch with empty, darkened eyes. But on the inside he was worried. What if he was just being weak and embarrassing himself? The precious angel was probably laughing at him on the inside.

But he didn't expect for Michael to basically jump in his arms, affectionately bringing the monster closer to him as he pressed his face comfortably into his chest and wrapped his delicate arms around Calum's waist.

Calum become numb with shock for a second before he processed all of this. Wrapping his strong arms around the angel, he smiled into his pale neck.

"Did you mean it?" Michael quietly asked into his chest, but Calum heard it.

"Every word, angel."

Moving slightly back in Calum's hold, Michael made sure that he looked up at the monster as he said his next words, "Calum...I love you too."

"Angel." He stated seriously, "You don't need to say it just because I did."

It was hard for Calum to believe that someone actually loved him, especially someone like Michael.

Calum was evil and violent, being unlovable in his own eyes. But Michael was there, saying that he loved him and all the parts of him, good or bad.

This was unreal. This was so fast and sudden, but it also felt so right. 

"I mean it." Michael said determined, "I like how you make me feel. I feel safe, I feel like I belong."

"You feel like you belong with a monster?"

"You're not a monster to me." Michael smiled softly, "You're my guardian angel."

"Angel..." Calum took in a large breathe, squeezing his waist, "You don't know what this is doing to me. You make me feel unbelievable things. Good things."

"Calum..." Michael got lost in the brown eyes, loving how they seemed to shine even in an hour of darkness, "Can I ask you to do something?"

"What is it?"

"Kiss me. Please."

"Are you sure?" Calum asked, being very aware that Luke's and Ashton's sharp eyes were placed right onto the close pair, "We aren't alone. And you might not be ready."

"It's only been a short time, but...I want to kiss you, Calum. I'm sure of it. I promise on the grace of God."

Calum chuckled from this, knowing that the grace of God didn't mean a thing to him. But it meant everything to Michael, so that mattered to Calum.

Bringing his hands up from holding onto Michael, he softly guided them to affectionately touch his soft cheeks. Everything about Michael was so beautiful. His blushy cheeks, his bright green eyes, and his plump pink lips all combined into one beauty and they were so enticing.

Calum felt lost in a trance, a trance being Michael. He forgot about the stares of Luke and Ashton. He forgot about the horrors of the lake that they stood in. He forgot about who he was and everything evil that he's done.

Leaning down, Calum connected his lips onto Michael's. It felt perfect, like they were pieces of a puzzle that fit perfectly together. Like they were meant to kiss.

Calum moved his lips with Michael's, adoring how imperfect, but loving Michael's kissing was. He hoped that Michael was enjoying this as much as he was because it was all about the angel.

"I can't believe they're kissing." Luke said with widened eyes, not being able to look away from the monster and angel that were down at the shore together.

"I can believe it." Ashton hummed, also keeping his eyes on the other two, "Michael was asking me about what I thought of Calum earlier."

"How did they even get so close?"

"I don't know."

"How is this happening?" Luke asked in disbelief, "Calum is a monster. Michael is an angel. This stuff doesn't happen."

"You sound jealous." Ashton pointed out, making himself look away from the passionate Calum and Michael to instead face Luke, who sensed this and looked back at him as well.

Luke scoffed and crossed his arms stubbornly, "Jealous? What a load of bullshit. I don't get jealous."

"Really?" Ashton hummed teasingly with a small smirk, "Why does it look like you're going to run over there and tear Calum away from Michael then?"

Luke glared at him, "I am not or do I even have the feeling to do so."

"So what do you think about that then?" Ashton asked, referencing to the still softly kissing Michael and Calum.

Luke huffed when he looked back at the kissing pair, "I don't like it."

"Why?"

"Because." Luke stubbornly answered, making Ashton roll his eyes at the other.

"If you're asking me all of these questions then answer mine too. Why do you want to protect Michael all of a sudden? I thought that you wanted to take him away and use him?"

Ashton paused before making eye contact with the confused monster, "This doesn't make sense. I know that we've all been saying it, but it really shouldn't make sense, Luke."

"I know."

"No." Ashton shook his head slowly as a realization hit him, "This is happening for a reason."

Luke saw this certain look on Ashton's face. It was a look full of certainty and ideas, like Ashton had suddenly cracked the code on whatever this all was between the four of them.

"Ashton...?"

Ashton snapped back into reality, narrowing his eyes into the pair of bright blue eyes, "I know exactly what's going on."

—•••—

OOP.

So what IS going on? Theories anyone? 👀

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.2K 3.1K 199
so many blurbs so little time (and chapter space) ©michaelcliffwhore | 2016
32.6K 1.2K 33
The story of where two mobsters fall for a money slut hitman, but the said hitman is in love with his stubborn best friend. ------------- "You two s...
187K 7.5K 18
The one where michaels 20 year old brother makes a new friend and 15 year old michael is completely infatuated.
4.8K 96 43
Bestfriends. They can sometimes betray you. [includes~ books- 1&2]