Circle Of Caim [Completed]

By BluNoor

Highest Ranking: #2 in Werewolf #1 in Dark #1 in Were - One for his rage Two for his loyal mage Three for a... More

Let Us All Get To Know Each Other.
Drunken Haze
A Tiresome Day
Something's Not Right
Let It Be Our Own Secret
Say Yes To The Dress
The Funeral Of The Dead And Me
Confronting Her
Running Away To Leave A Life Behind
I Messed Up
Let Go.
Against My Will
The Disagreement With The Majors
That Bastard
The Tour Of Land And Knowledge
A Gruesome Discovery
Wrapping His Shroud of Lies Around Me
They Showed Me a new Place
Start Counting Your Days
Counting Down The Days
Two More
She's Dead
Change Of Plans
Unknown
Him again
This Is It, Isn't It?
Azrael
I Appreciate You All
Who Are You?
Why Are You Like This?
Nothing Left To Discuss
That's Not a Good First Impression
His Unjustified Anger
You're So Weak
The Brothers
The Proposal
Move Out
Slade Brotherhood
The Slades
Interest
Ride with me
Questions
Ask
Their Place
The Plan
I Wouldn't Mind The Company
A Secret Lair
Adanine Slade
The Basics
Heal
Weston Cavanhang
Abduction Of A Royal
Break His Wolf
His Past
The Past Caught Up
We Do This Together
Excuse Me Whilst I Go and Scream My Lungs Out in a Corner.
What It All Comes To
A Deserving End
Burn The Alpha
Keeping His Word
The Last Goodbye
To Be Together
Complete

Parting Ways

2K 129 48
By BluNoor

My legs were threatening to give up under me upon hearing his words. A sharp pang tugged at the core of my heart, "it can't be true," the denial in my whimper was evident, "he is just playing with my mind."

Persephone caught my whispers and cleared my doubts, "I anonymously reached out to your previous pack, " her hand rubbing my shoulder aimed to provide some calm, "they confirmed Mila missing for the past two days, " I could sense her hesitation as she continued, "they said Mila ran off to find you after hearing about Silas' offer."

This was it, the point where I shattered completely. I truly did not know whether to be angry and storm off or to curl up in a corner and cry until my heart felt at ease, "I-" I could barely recognise the broken voice that left past my lips but I struggled again, "I would like some time alone please."

Just as I said those words, I made my move to get away to the comfort of my temporary room and if it wasn't for the warm hand grasping my wrist, I would've gone through with it.

"Persephone help Mikael get cleaned up and then join the others with Weston." Rafeial did not leave any room for objections, causing the two to walk out of the room immediately and leaving the two of us isolated once again.

I didn't even look at him as I repeated, tugging my hand from his grip, "I said alone, Rafeial." I felt my will crumbling down deliberately and I didn't want Rafeial to be there when it finally collapsed.

"I am not leaving you to yourself, " Rafeial pressed but his voice was soft, caressing my being, "look at me." I refused to do so. I did not want him to see the tears that were so close to falling.

After it was clear I wasn't going to do as he asked he took a hold of my free hand, forcing me to turn to him and meet his eyes, "tell me, " his low murmur tried to soothe my restless and broken self as one of his hands held the both of mine whilst the fingers of the other tucked the piece of stray hair behind my ear, "what will you do now?"

"What is there left to do now, Rafeial?" I laughed humourlessly, "I will go to him, just as he wants."

I felt his grip tighten around my hands as his thumb rubbed slow circles on my cheek, "I will follow you."

"No," I tried to get away from him but my attempt went in vain, "no you won't. None of you will."

"Who the fuck is going to stop me?" His voice was low but dripping with authority.

"Why are you not getting it, Rafeial, this is all because of me," my voice broke at the end, a gulp forming in my throat making it a challenge for me to perform the simple task of breathing, "all of this. If I just died that night as Silas wanted, none-"

"But you didn't, you're still here, " he interrupted, "so instead of thinking about that, tell me what is your next move."

"I told you already, Rafeial!" I was getting aggravated by him by every passing moment, "I will go alone and surrender myself. Simple as that."

"So you're giving up that easy then?"

"Think of it as you want, Rafeial, but the thing I'm sure of is that none of you will follow me."

"Why do you want that?"

"I think people have suffered enough because of me, " a sole tear escaped, sliding down my cheek and wetting Rafeial's thumb, "and now Silas has Mila in, God knows, what condition. I do not want anyone else to die from Silas' hand."

"Miss Murdock, my brothers and I already have our death sentences laid out, you do not need to worry about our lives ending because we chose to come with you, " he wiped away the evidence of my tears, "and besides, some of us will make it out alive, some won't."

"Better some than none, Rafeial, " I ripped his hands away from me and moved back, "I cannot put your lives at risk as well by taking you with me. Silas is unpredictable. What he did to me is still affecting me to this day, who's to say he won't do worse to people close to me."

"Are you underestimating me, Miss Murdock?" He cocked up his eyebrows, standing firm and crossing his arms across his chest.

"No, Rafeial, just, " I sighed, not having the energy to argue, "just let me be." I turned away from him, stepping towards the door to take my leave but this stubborn man stopped me yet again.

I tugged at my wrist without turning to him, "I swear to God, Rafeial-" the familiar tingles rushing up my arm stopped me mid-sentence. The surge of calm took a hold of my existence as a breath of euphoria left past my lips. My whole body went into a state of trance, relishing the feel of utter relief from my injuries. 

He was healing me, draining himself in the process and as soon as I got a hold of myself, I yanked my hand from his heavenly grasp, "I so want to slap you right now! You know this affects you remarkably, " I turned to find him towering over me, a ghost of a smile gracing his lips as he stepped impossibly close.

His deep, brown gaze bore into my soul and kept me grounded, "It won't be the last time, Miss Murdock, so instead of wasting your time here, I suggest," he slurred his words, drained from healing me, but continued with a strong voice, "you head to your room. Persephone has already placed a change of comfortable clothes for you. Get some sleep and I will get you first thing tomorrow morning to discuss our next move." His commanding tone made sure to put extra pressure on the word 'our'. With one final intimidating look, Rafeial nodded his head before stepping away from me and walking to his bed.

"See you in the morning, Miss Murdock." His back was still facing me as he spoke loud and clear, his words carrying a distinct promise.

There was nothing left to say, nothing I could argue with and with that realisation, I decided to take my leave.

On my way out, I made the mistake of stealing a glimpse back at him only to find those browns already fixed on me causing me to walk out with hasty steps, shutting the door behind me and letting out a deep breath.

With a heavy heart, I made my way to my room and just as he said, a change of neatly folded clothes was sitting on top of the bed. I wasted no time as I headed to the small attached bathroom with the clothes in hand.

After half an hour of scrubbing the dirt and blood off my body, I finally emerged out of the bathroom in a pair of black tights and a light grey sweater. It did feel nice to be clean and relaxed.

Following Rafeial's instructions, I took my place under the thick covers, submerging myself into the warmth that it provided and tried to get that much-needed rest but I failed miserably and before I knew it, the weight of reality came crashing down on me.

My hands crept up to my mouth as muffled cries broke out. Hot tears rolled out profusely, staining the pillow. I turned to my side trying to get the picture of a bloodied and bruised Mila out of my head but to no avail.

My mind kept showing me the worst-case scenario which was the death of everyone around me and the thought sent chills to my spine.

Behind my shut eyelids, I saw the unmoving body of Rafeial, dismembered and bloodied, and I nearly let out a horrified scream. My body shot up from the bed, sweating and out of breath as I made a quick, presumably unwise, decision.

Removing the covers off my body, I swung my legs over the bed, moving quickly to get the trainers on my feet.

I was not letting anyone die because of me, not when I have the chance to prevent it.

I moved to the door, opening it without worrying about the noise it will create because I knew Rafeial was knocked out after healing me.

With him out cold and the others busy with Weston, I had a considerable head start before anyone would realise I was even missing, an opportunity I was not going to waste.

I rushed down the stairs, moving fast as I threw the front door open, the cold air already nipping at my exposed skin. The sound of nightlife chimed throughout the areas alongside the noise of my heavy breathing. The soles of my feet dug into the soft earth as I walked slowly out of the cabin into the open area, taking cautious steps as if expecting someone to catch me in the act but once I reached the tree line, the wave of adrenaline kicked in, heightening my senses. I did not even bother sparing a second glance behind me before I made a run for it.

I ran into the depths of the gloomy, thick wilderness, distancing myself from Rafeial and my haven, running straight into the clutches of my inevitable end.

Sadness loomed over me as I accepted the possibility of never seeing any of them again. What pained me more was the lack of a proper goodbye. The rushing wind blowing against my face assisted in drying the silent tears that broke out at the thoughts weighing heavy on my mind.

Slowly shaking my head, I focused my attention away from the negative thinking and directed it more on the matter at hand.
I had to get Mila out of there, safe and sound, and once I do, I will fight until my last breath to get away from that son of a bitch.

With my mind dead set on my motive, a surge determination fueled me as I changed heading, moving specifically in the direction where I knew I would cross paths with none other than my darling mate, Silas.

***

Another chapter in. Really hope you enjoy it and don't forget to share your thoughts on it.

Yours Truly;
J. N. Light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
13.4M 367K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
315K 7.3K 50
BOOK 1 OF THE BIG BAD WOLF SERIES: "R-Roman, stop," He lingers on each kiss, teasing me with his tongue. Sparks erupt. "You make me so damn angry...
23.2M 652K 56
[#1 in wearwolf 6/8/17] "Come on Jenna. Just one word." He taunt. He gripped my wrist in one hand and trailed his hand down my side to my hips. His h...