A Knight Secret (Shidge)

By VoltronMoon

{Discontinued} Pidge becomes a knight got the Garrison kingdom but Pidge has a secret, one she has to make su... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
.Discontinued.

Chapter 15.

124 6 15
By VoltronMoon

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

"Something wrong" Kuro asked as he noticed Pidge leaning on a pillar that faced the training area, a letter in her hand.

"Huh .. oh, its nothing" Pidge lied with a forced smile, hiding the letter behind her back.

"Since I am one of the only ones to see you ever cry and show you my nice side. You think we could pass the lying stage with each other" Kuro sighed as he walked over, leaning on the pillar beside her.

"My brother sent a letter, it seems Zarkon may be calling us back soon" Katie answered weakly, looking at her letter once again. 

"Your an adult now, you no longer needed to listen to his orders" Kuro replied, his lips forming a straight line.

"He won't take no as an answer and as much as I hate to say it, he was important to me long ago. He was my parents friend, he also Lotor true father and wasn't always an evil man. I can't just walk away, not if he has changed back once again and wish to see us" Pidge sighed, showing the letter to Kuro, a letter hand written by her father with the added letter that Zarkon hand written to Matthew. 

"He actually wrote to you and your brother himself" Kuro muttered in shock while the women beside him gave a small nod.

"He did, he even wrote a letter for Lotor himself. Calling him his son once again. I have to return with them, to test the wasters and see if Zarkon has became the good man we knew him to be. If its all a trick to make us his weapons again then we'll fix it ourselves but I can't just walk away from this chance" Pidge explained, slightly desperate to return after Zarkon actually writing to her and her brother, sure he mushed the siblings into one letter but it still held her true name. 

"Have you spoken to Shiro over this" Kuro asked with worry knowing his brother won't take the news well. 

"Not yet, I'm a little unsure over telling him and the rest. They accepted me as a women and kept me as their friend but they never learned I was linked to Zarkon. Only Shiro knows Matthew is my brother and Lotor like a brother to meaning he doesn't know I'm from Zarkon kingdom nor dose he know I was forced to become a weapon for him" Pidge rambled back slightly, Kuro nodding in understanding. 

"You have to tell him. Visiting Zarkon is important to you after all, its only fair that he understands that and lets you go. He may seem a little upset over not knowing but its because he cares for you and just wants to protect you from future harm" Kuro replied with a small smile.

"I know, that why I'm frighten to tell him. I can't look him in the eyes and promise to return. I can't even promise that I'll be safe and unharmed if I do ever return back to this castle. I know, leaving without him knowing If I would return or not will only hurt him. I don't want to hurt him but I can't stay either" Pidge spoke in a small soft voice, pain in her eyes as she looked to the clear sky.

"I see, that may be a problem. It would be awful if you did never return after all your the green knight to my kingdom. We need you here and if you're gone too long then we'll have no chose but to replace you" Kuro frowned, passing her letter back to her.

"I know, If I leave then I'll be giving up the green knight title forever and never be a knight again. If I stay, I'll regret it and know that my brothers wouldn't leave either not unless all three visit Zarkon together. Its an unwritten rule .. So, my choice wouldn't affect me but my family as well" Pidge explained with a small frown, looking to the letters within her grip. 

"Follow your heart, its best to live without regret then live unhappy in an old wanted dream" Kuro answered before walking away.

Pidge glanced to the letters once more before letting a small breath out. Giving a slight nod to herself before heading back to her room and placing the letter away in her wooden book where she been keeping any letters sent by Matt or Lotor over the passed year.

She glanced to her armour, remembering the first time she placed it on and how she felt. A fond smile on her lips before she let her shared room and headed towards the kitchen. She was going to follow her heart and she knew it was the right path to take.

"Hey Hunk" She smiled, walking into the small kitchen left for knights to cook within on their day's off.

"Sorry Pidge but I haven't cooked anything for you or the others to steal yet" Hunk shot back without turning to her as he pulled out ingredients.

"Actually, I was wondering you could help me bake some cupcakes for everyone. The red velvet cake, I have a recipe to follow but I was never really in a kitchen as a child" Pidge shyly asked as she held up the stolen recipe while Hunk just stared at her.

"You want to bake" Hunk asked making sure he heard her correctly.

"Yes, red velvet cupcake that's done by this old recipe. Can't be done any other way" Pidge answered as she walked closer, passing the recipe to hunk.

"We can do that, any reason why you want to treat us" Hunk asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl who normally just stole his sweet treats from him when they cooling down.

"Can't say, top secret" Pidge replied, glancing away and Hunk just nodded.

"Understood, lets get baking" Hunk smiled, walking around and getting the needed ingredients out while putting the once he planned to use for his pie away.

It took some team work and Hunk stick teaching and a little mean side comments over her baking skills but the cake was done. Cooked rather well if Pidge could brag over her first baked cupcakes.

Placing them carefully in a lunchbox before leaving, not giving a cupcake to Hunk even when he begged for a taste test. She had a goal with these cupcakes and she wasn't going to give them up so easily.

Hiding them up in the castle where she knew no one else would ever find them before she started walking over to the water fountain, seeing Lance sitting with his feet dipped in. Giving a friendly wave as he turned and smiled at her.

"Want a dip, it feels great on this nice day" Lance offered as he tapped the spot beside him.

"Actually, I was wondering if you could help me with shopping. I need a simple but nice dress that I could ware tonight on a friend only date. Two hours maxed with the shopping trip" Pidge asked instead, holding up two fingers to show she won't stay any longer with or without a dress.

"Oooh, who the guy" Lance asked with a goofy grin, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I um want to thank Shiro and was planning a picnic with him but he doesn't know it yet" Pidge answered slightly embarrassed as she never really tried thanking someone by treating them before. 

"Got it, well what are we doing wasting the two hours with chitchat" Lance grinned, jumping up and grabbing her hand before running towards the gate without any care he wasn't wearing any shoes.

"Our two hours start after we leave the castle .. put shoes on" Pidge huffed back, slapping Lance arm to get him back towards the castle.

Both leaving in a hurry once he returned, heading to a simple dress shop instead of a fancy one since both of them knew she wouldn't like anything fancy. Looking at the different style of dresses and finding ones that would suit her and ones she liked before they tried anything on.

Finally deciding on a simple lime green dress with white patens around the edge of the skirt and sleeves that ended at her elbows. A black hairpin in the shape of a moon as well to help put her sides back while they got simple white slip on shows for her to wear.

They soon retuned and Pidge retuned the shopping basket under her bed with the dress still inside. She let Lance wonder back to enjoying his day off as she did so. She did wonder if she should tell Shiro about the picnic since he was visiting someone today but she shook the thought away. It wouldn't be a surprise if she told him.

Her next step in her plan was hunting down Keith and James who she knew would be in their shared room. Walking with a skip in her step as she knocked on the door before the two opened it fully clothed.

"Can we help" James asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yep but its best if you invite me in and close the door" Pidge answered with a friendly smile.

"Then come in" Keith smirked, watching her do so before James closed the door.

"So, how can we help" James smiled before sitting down beside his boyfriend.

"Where do you guys go for your hidden date within the castle and don't lie to me saying you don't. I need a picnic space for tonight" Pidge asked, cutting straight to the chase.

"Are you planning to make out with the guy or sleep with him" Keith replied, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Neither" Pidge answered with missing a beat.

"Then I would say.." James started to say, giving her the answered she needed while Keith stared at her the whole time.

After gaining all the information she needed, she left the lovers alone and headed towards her room once more. Grabbing a blanket and candles before grabbing a small basket of food on her way to the spot within the castle old garden. She placed everything down, not lighting the candles before heading back to her room in time to see Shiro heading back ahead of her.

"Shiro" Pidge called out, jogging a little as Shiro came to a stop and turned to her.

"Shouldn't you be exploring the castle or something" Shiro asked in a slight tease since she still thought the place was haunted.

"Another day maybe but today, I actually have some um plans" Pidge nervously replied as she glanced away.

"Anything good" Shiro asked as he noticed her behaviour.

"Depends, how dressed do you feel" Pidge shot back, eyeing him up a little and thinking he looked rather fine as he was.

"Ok, I think. I mean these are my loved clothes for a day off" Shiro answered unsure as he rubbed his neck.

"Mind letting me borrow the room to change, you can stand outside since I'll need to ask you something afterwards" Pidge mumbled back before running ahead before Shiro could answer.

"Guess I'll be standing outside" Shiro said to himself before walking onwards once again wondering what was going on in his short roommate mind. 

It took a good ten minutes before Shiro heard the door open behind him. Glancing over his shoulder before he quickly spin round. His lips parted slightly as his eyes were wide while looking to his roommate. 

His eyes taking in the view before him and he wondered how he never noticed her to be a women before she told him. He wouldn't lie, as she stood before him right in that moment his breath was taken away.

"Takashi, would you do the honour of eating with me" Pidge asked with a shy smile, meeting with his eyes and he noticed she wasn't wearing her glasses, showing her cute freckles in the open.

"I'll love too but are you sure" Shiro answered with a gentle smile before coming unsure since not everyone knew she was a she just yet.

"I'm rather sure, I mean I did set this all up but if you don't want to then I understand and all. I just um .. you know wanted to treat you since you've always helped me and now I'm rambling becuase my nerves kicked in .. sorry" Pidge rambled with rosy cheeks, her hands fiddling while Shiro watched with a fond smile.

"I would be honoured to eat with you, just give me a second" Shiro smiled gently, stepping inside their room and grabbing his cloak before turning back to her. Carefully wrapping it around her shoulders and tying the strong in a neat bow, pulling the hood over her head before stepping back.

"Oh, didn't think this far .. good idea" Pidge muttered back as she glanced down to herself, no one would really notice it was her unless they spoke to her. 

"I would love to show the rest of the castle how beautiful you are but for now, lets keep this hidden until your ready" Shiro smiled softly, offering his hand to her.

"You think I'm beautiful" Pidge asked stunned, placing her hand in his offered one as they stepped out of their room.

"Y-Yeah, you were always rather cute but your also strong enough to knock someone out if they tried anything" Shiro mumbled back slightly embarrassed. 

"Thank you" Pidge smiled sweetly.

A single night of the two sitting under the stars and watching them shine as they told old stories. Laughs filling the air as they leaned on each other, her head on his shoulder as his head leaned on top of hers. The food eaten and an tearful pleased face as he ate an cupcake, the taste being almost the same as the one his mother use to make before her death. 

A fond memory she will also hold and the warmth in her hand as he held it would never leave her memory. 

She laid in bed with a smile, glancing to her roommate as he slept and wondering if they could one day hold a future together. Would she ever be proud enough to confess but she shook her head, she just needed to follow her heart and if fated accept her feelings then one day she could call him her husband. 

For now, she had to follow a new path without leaving a true word behind. 

Instead, when morning came Shiro woke up with a cupcake beside his bed. 

Keith and James waking to find a cupcake each on the spare bed they never used.

Hunk woke to a cupcake within his helmet giving him a bit of a right when he picked it up but he was happy with the taste. 

Lance waking to find a cupcake on his shelf beside his small mirror. 

Even Kuro, waking to find a single cupcake on his desk and he knew the meaning to be goodbye.

A memory from the past, a past she didn't know joint him and Shiro in a way.

She had left, following her heart back to her ordinal home in hopes to save it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 13 5
!Discontinued! I time when assassins and agents filled the world, companies ruling the world and everyone was at war with someone. A simple unplanned...
2.2K 72 15
!Discontinued! Katie now known as pidge is a secret weapon used by the government but her brother won her right to live a normal life while being a w...
131K 7.2K 26
❝So I'm on a journey of discovery. This is about to be a big revelation.❞ In which Pidge Gunderson recalls her journey of discovery; a discovery abou...
597 27 9
Pidge has a secret but once she taken from her island after she went looking for her missing brother she finds Keith. Keith a thief of the night deci...