David Dobrik - A Change of Sc...

By 93fivey

David gets noticed by a certain American racing team and gets a very enticing offer. More

Info
A Phone Call
Charlotte
Practice
Gene Haas
Youtubers All-Star Race
Lauren Burton
Norris, Hamilton, and Leclerc
Haas
Callback + Trials and Simulations
Return to Austin
Jeff Wittek
Surprise
Winter Testing
Kevin Magnussen
Announcement
End of Season
Australia
Monaco and Belgium
Natalie Problems
The Green Hell (Part I)
The Green Hell (Part II)
"It's Over?"
2028
Training with friends
France
Festival
The Final Race
Epilogue
Alternate Timeline
Closest this fanfic is gonna get to becoming real XD

Slovakia

112 3 5
By 93fivey

Slovakia-ring:

David and Natalie found themselves walking down the streets of David's hometown.

Since Košice was only a few hours away from the racetrack, David had elected to go there with Natalie while Taylor and Jeff went straight there. Their bags were on the plane to Bratislava with them, so David and Natalie only had their carry ons with them.

"David, not that I'm complaining, but why are we in Košice? Shouldn't we be in Bratislava?"
David nodded.
"Yeah, I booked a flight there for tomorrow morning. I just wanted to spend the night here."
David caught Natalie's look.
"Don't worry we have time, I just wanted to do something first."

David led her down a cobblestone street before stopping in front of a small ground floor apartment and knocked on the door.

The old woman who answered the door smiled widely as she saw him.
"David!" She drew him into a tight hug. "I've missed you so much!"
"I've missed you too grandma." David was trying to be strong but Natalie could see some tears in his eyes. It had been years since he had seen his grandparents in person.

"Where's grandpa?" David asked once they separated.
"He's inside preparing breakfast, go and see him I'll be right there."
David nodded and practically sprinted inside.

The old woman took Natalie's hands in hers.
"You must be Natalie... my David has spoken so much about you over the years.
Natalie blushed. "I didn't know David spoke so much about me..."
"Dear, almost every time he has called me or my husband he has always had a story or a comment about you, he could not go one day without mentioning you in some way."
She smiled.
"I've known about his love for you even before he did. Anytime he spoke about you his voice would change and when we were in a video call his eyes would light up... and now you two are together?"
Natalie shook her head. "He confessed to me last week, but I told him I needed time to think about it first."
"Well, just so you know, I can tell he adores you."

David came rushing down the hall.
Seeing everything was still outside, he quickly grabbed their luggage and put them inside the hallway by the front door.
He grabbed Natalie's hand.
"Nat, come on! I want you to meet my grandpa!"
The old woman smiled as Natalie hurriedly excused herself before allowing David to pull her down the hall.

       __________________________

The Slovakia Ring, Bratislava, Slovakia.

Other than the American Grand Prix in Austin, this would be David's only home race.
He had studied this track meticulously over the past few months and spent countless hours in the simulator, trying to perfect it.

By now everyone knew that there was a Slovak driver on the grid and they came out in full force to support David.
Other than a few patches of other colors here and there, all you could see in the grandstands were black t-shirts, Haas merchandise, and American and Slovak flags

David breathed deeply, trying to calm his nerves.
It was time to go.

Natalie came up and hugged him.
"Good luck, and please be careful."
David returned the hug. "Don't worry Nat, I will."
They soon separated. Natalie and David started heading back to the others and his car respectively.
Natalie stopped in her tracks as a thought occurred to her.
Her best friend could have died a few weeks ago... and now he was getting back into the car.
Yes... yes, she had to do one more thing.
She had to tell him, let him know that she had made her decision.

"David wait!"
David turned as she ran up to him, curious as to what she wanted.
Natalie looked at him for a moment.
"For good luck."
She leaned forward and kissed him. She broke the kiss and hugged him again.
"Ľúbim ťa," she whispered in his ear.
David froze at the words.

He could only stand there as Natalie made her way to the back of the paddock with Jeff and Taylor.
He couldn't do or say anything to her as it was crunch time and he had to get in his car and out onto the track.

He forced thoughts of Natalie out of his mind as he got into the car, focused on the race ahead.
He smiled when he heard the roar that erupted from the fans as they saw their fellow countryman's car exit the garage.

       __________________________

David struggled as he guided his car around the difficult track. The race was down to the final few laps and David was in the lead with Kevin, Mick, and Max behind him in that order.
Kevin had been trying to catch up to David for the past five or six laps now, but nobody had prepared for this race as much as David had.
From qualifying, to the start of the race, to now, David had yet to go below fifth place.

Kevin stared at his rival as he plowed ahead.
It was his last season in Formula One, only a couple of podiums to his name, and for what?

Well... actually, he had to take that back.
Haas was third in the constructors championship, their highest ever placement. They had a chance to extend that lead now.
Kevin watched as the boy, no, man who saved his life raced around the Slovakia Ring. Every turn was near perfection. It was like he was gliding.
But nobody can drive a race forever... he knew David had to be getting exhausted, as was he.

They were now entering the final few turns before the start of the final lap. He could try to overtake David...
but...

Kevin looked at David's car, the Red Bull and Ferrari in his rear view mirror, and finally, down at his steering wheel.

Eighth gear. Maximum revs.

Kevin's fingers drifted over the gear shift paddles. Finally, he made his decision.

Ayao: "Kevin, you just dropped a gear too early, is something wrong?"

Kevin: "No, everything is fine. Tell David to speed up, I'm going to slow the others."

Ayao: "What? Kevin what are you—?"

Kevin: "I'm not discussing this Ayao! Tell him to go, now!"

Back at the paddock, Ayao was trying to keep talking, until Guenther put a hand on his shoulder.
"It's alright Ayao, he made his decision."
He turned to Gary. "Tell him."

Gary: "David, we need you to pick up the pace; Kevin is starting to slow."

David: "Is there something wrong with his car?"

Gary: "Negative, he is slowing on purpose."
David was confused. Seriously?
Kevin would never give up a potential win. Especially for him.
David: "What? Gary, if Guenther told him to do that—"
Gary interrupted him.
Gary: "Kevin made the decision himself. He's doing what he can for the team to get the win, now it's your turn.
Now go like hell!!"
David looked over at Kevin's car in his mirror.
They turned onto the straight to the start/finish line. One lap to go.
He smiled.
David: "Copy, go like hell."

Kevin smiled as his teammate accelerated away.
He looked at the two cars in his mirror.
'Now, onto more pressing matters.'

Kevin drove hard, trying to be the first into the first turn so he could get a good lead.

The Red Bull and Ferrari were quickly closing the gap. Kevin raced as fast as his car could go, but unfortunately it just wasn't enough. They were already on top of him.

Max tried to overtake him on the inside at the first turn, but Kevin reacted first, positioning himself to cut him off just in time. They stayed this way until they got to turn two.

Kevin positioned his car at the dead center of the track, trying to not leave enough room for either car to pass.

Just a few more turns to go.

______________

David was exhausted. He had been driving hard for the past hour now.
The adrenaline coursing through his veins was helping greatly.

David: "What's the gap?"
Gary: "Three point five seconds and increasing. You're doing well David, keep pushing!"

David rounded the final turns of the track and onto the main straight.

"Well, it's not every day that we get to see a rookie win their first Grand Prix, let alone their home Grand Prix, but we are going to see it now!
DAVID DOBRIK, crosses the line, and WINS the Slovakian Grand Prix! The first Slovak in F1 history to win a race!"

Gary: "You've done it! That's the race win! Awesome drive dude, fantastic!"

David: "YEEAAHH! Woohoohoo! YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes!
Thank you guys, this means a lot.
Oh my God..."
David heard Natalie's voice come in through the radio. Gary, had given his headset to her.
Natalie: "Dave I'm so proud of you! You did amazing!"

David: "Thanks Nat! I couldn't have done it without you and everyone else. This win is for all of us."

Guenther: "David, great race today!
Stellar job! We're all very proud of you. More good news by the way... that last lap was the fastest of the race! Great work!"

David: "Thanks Guenther, tell Kevin and Ayao I said thank you. Natalie, you still there?"

Natalie: "Yeah, I'm here Dave!"

David: "I love you too."
___________________________

Slovak Grand Prix Race Result:

1st. David Dobrik
2nd. Kevin Magnussen
3rd. Charles Leclerc
4th. Max Verstappen
5th. George Russell
...
___________________________
A very special and very sad farewell to Romain and Kevin, you will both be dearly missed in this incredible sport we all love!
Remember... NEVER LIFT!! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 601 18
Max Verstappen loves iRacing, even though he rarely finds a worthy opponent online. When he then gets squarely beaten by a girl called Lex, he can't...
105K 3.2K 27
in which a people-pleaser and a racer fall in love over the internet, while the world watches. & where everyone can see that, apart from themselves. ...
8.4K 158 11
When the daughter of Charles Leclerc has one ultimate dream, being a f1 driver.
25.1K 574 41
Request are welcome. A bunch of YouTube imagines & Etc. (Extra: Bands, Tv Show Characters, Celebrities, NASCAR Driver)