From Prat to Husband, how the...

Da Kili-Loverxx

Summary: When Merlyn first came to Camelot and had to be a maidservant and silent protector to the prat Princ... Altro

Cast
Moodboard
Merlyn
Prologue
Chapter One, Arthur Finds Out
Chapter Two, Tears of Uther Pendragon Part 1
Chapter Three, Tears of Uther Pendragon Part 2
Chapter Five, Meeting Kilgharrah
Chapter Six, Goblin's Gold Part 1
Chapter Seven, Goblin's Gold Part 2
Chapter Eight, Gaius the Goblin
Trailer
Chapter Nine, Capturing the Goblin
Chapter Ten, Day out gone wrong
Chapter Eleven, Gwaine
Chapter Twelve, Trouble Stirring
Chapter Thirteen, Gwaine to the Rescue
Chapter Fourteen, Gwaine is a What?
Chapter Fifteen, Earthen Magic
Chapter Sixteen, The Mele
Chapter Seventeen, Sir Gwaine, Knight of Camelot
Chapter Eighteen, The Valley of the Fallen Kings
Chapter Nineteen, The Crystal Cave
Chapter Twenty, The Damage of the Crystal
Chapter Twenty-One, Morgana's Birthday
Chapter Twenty-Two, Dangerous Waters
Chapter Twenty-Three, Eye of the Phoenix
Chapter Twenty-Four, Courage, Strength, Magic
Chapter Twenty-Five, The Fisher King
Chapter Twenty-Six, Water of Avalon
Chapter Twenty-Seven, Queen of Hearts
Chapter Twenty-Eight, Plans Gone Awry
Chapter Twenty-Nine, Dragra the Great
Chapter Thirty, Another Stupid Tournament
Chapter Thirty-One, Epilogue

Chapter Four,Tears of Uther Pendragon Part 3

4.8K 125 5
Da Kili-Loverxx

Chapter Four,Tears of Uther Pendragon Part 3

At the break of dawn whilst out on patrol Sir Leon and his troupe of Knights noticed a battalion marching their way to Camelot, all of them flying banners of King Cenred. Sir Leon's eyes widened, he knew they had to get back to Camelot and warn Arthur, and quickly.
"We need to get back to Camelot. Now!" Sir Leon ordered before they set off back to Camelot as fast as their horses could go.

***

Once Merlyn had bathed and changed into fresh clothes she finished talking everything over with Gaius while the two had some breakfast. Once they'd finished Merlyn quickly set off for Arthur's chambers bumping into George on the way.
"Ah, Merlyn. Are you feeling better?" George asked, handing her the tray with a bow of his head.
"Much. Thank you, George. I'll make sure Arthur pays you for these last few days." Merlyn replied.
"Thank you, Merlyn. You will make a great Queen one day." George said in his drawling voice, shocking Merlyn.
"Oh...er...thank you, George. Have a good day." Merlyn stuttered.

"Have a good day too, Merlyn." George said as the two parted ways. As Merlyn entered Arthur's chambers she was thankful he had hired George and she didn't have to clean up after him, he can be a slob sometimes. Setting the tray on the table Merlyn opened the long, thick red curtains letting in some sunlight which successfully woke Arthur.
"Merlyn?" Arthur said sleepily. "Merlyn!?" Arthur said this time more alert as he quickly climbed out of bed and pulled Merlyn into his arms. It was the fastest Merlyn had ever seen Arthur move first thing in the morning. "What happened? Where were you? I've had patrols out looking for you!" Arthur fired off rapidly.

"I followed Morgana into the forest of Escetir, she met Morgause. Arthur, they are responsible for your father's illness and are planning something else. They caught me, I tried to flee but Morgause's Blood Guards caught me, knocked me out and bound me in magical chains. When I came around, Morgause questioned me but I didn't tell her anything, only to go to hell basically." Merlyn explained, making Arthur's eyes widen dramatically. "She cast an enchantment on the chains and I couldn't get them loose, Serkets came. Hundreds of them and while I was fighting some off one stung me."

"You were stung!?" Arthur shouted worriedly. "How're you..." he trailed off, not being able to finish. He couldn't bear to think of death and Merlyn in the same sentence.
"I was drained and dying so I called Kilgharrah who saved me and helped me heal, he flew me back last night and I destroyed the enchantment that was affecting your father" Merlyn finished her tale, leaving Arthur just standing there blinking at her.

"Arthur, say something?" Merlyn asked when the silence stretched on between them when suddenly Arthur pulled her into his arms hugging her tightly.
"I almost lost you Merlyn. I'm just glad the dragon had been able to heal you. Thank you for freeing my father from the enchantment, but what the hell were you thinking following Morgana by yourself!? What if they had killed you? What would I do then? What about Gaius?" Arthur exclaimed, pulling back and looking at her firmly.
"I'm sorry." Merlyn apologised pressing a kiss to his cheek, stopping Arthur's ranting in its tracks.
"Now, that's just not fair." Arthur complained, making Merlyn giggle.

***

Merlyn, Arthur and Gaius had come up with a plan to check on Uther as often we they could to stop any of Morgana's attempts on him. So, while Merlyn and Arthur were sorting things out in Town and discussing their plan away from Morgana, it was Gaius' turn to check on Uther. Not only from a physician point of view but to also thwart Morgana.
"Have you lost something, My Lady?" Gaius asked with veiled contempt when he spotted Morgana searching frantically under Uther's bed. She'd obviously spotted Merlyn in the courtyard - Gwen had mentioned her strange behaviour when he bumped into her on the way here.
"My earring." Morgana sighed as she got up off the floor. "Thought I might have dropped it when I was in here yesterday. How is he?" She asked as she turned away from Gaius and towards Uther putting on the innocent act.

If Gaius didn't know better he would've believed her. But fortunate enough for all of Camelot he did know better, and right now he despised her for what she did to Merlyn.
"Much better." Gaius replied, successfully concealing his anger. "We found the source of his sickness. He was being enchanted."
"Enchanted?" Morgana asked softly, her eyes wide and filled with tears.
"You need not worry, My Lady. He'll make a full recovery." Gaius told her an edge to his voice.
"That is a relief." Morgana gasped.
"Indeed, My Lady." Gaius agreed before he left feeling her glares bore into his back.

As Merlyn was walking back to her chambers to help Gaius she was suddenly pulled into an alcove by Morgana making her magic start to bubble under her skin against the threat, she was struggling to keep her eyes blue as they tried to turn gold to fling the witch away from her.
"I don't know how you managed to escape."
Morgana snarled. "But I do know one thing: if you breathe a word of what you saw I will make your life a very short and painful one." Morgana threatened as she towered over Merlyn -who was the shorter of the two- and squeezed her arm hard enough to bruise. "Just think how Uther would react if he learned that a maidservant had tried to poison his beloved Ward." She mocked as she threw Merlyn's arm away from her, with one last smirk Morgana walked off leaving Merlyn alone.

An hour later, after a couple of hours of hard riding, Sir Leon and his party were seen racing through the main gates, but by the looks on their faces they didn't return with good news. Quickly the Council was summoned to the Council Chambers so Sir Leon could deliver the news of Cenred's men.
"I estimate they will reach the City within two days." Sir Leon finished explaining.
"Under whose banner do they march?" Arthur asked, though he feared he already knew the answer from what Merlyn had seen and discreetly shared a look with Merlyn and Gaius.
"Cenred, Sire." Sir Leon replied, confirming what the trio had suspected. "We know he was amassing an army."
"How many men?" Arthur interrupted as he started to pace.
"20,000, maybe more." Sir Leon revealed. While Merlyn glared at Morgana who was failing to hide her smirk.

How nobody noticed she was the traitor was beyond Merlyn. It was so obvious, who smirks during such grave news? She wondered if all these men were just oblivious or they simply didn't want to see what was right in front of them.
"I fear that news or the King's illness has spread beyond our borders." Gaius stated, supplying what was obvious but no one had seemed to grasp yet. "Cenred sees an opportunity." He continued.
"Then we must find a way to appease him." Sir Leon countered.
"That's not what my father would do. He wouldn't bow to our enemies." Arthur said mostly to himself. He so wished he could ask for Merlyn's opinion with this, but right now no one would hear it. Except for a select few.
"Forgive me, Sire." Gaius apologised in advance. "We are outnumbered two to one."

"What concessions will Cenred insist on? What territories will he demand?" Arthur asked. Everyone in the Council Chambers knew how greedy Cenred was, especially Merlyn who was a resident of Escetir.
"We do not have to give him anything, but it could buy us valuable time." Gaius argued.
"It shows weakness, Gaius." Arthur snapped, the stress of not being able to declare Morgana a traitor was severely getting to him. Especially as she stood in the room with them. "There's only one course of action open to us." Arthur continued as he sat in the small throne. "We must prepare the City for siege."
"Are you sure that is wise?" Sir Leon questioned, thinking about it strategically.
"The castle is our strongest weapon. No army has ever taken Camelot." Arthur argued.

Merlyn shook her head slightly. Sometimes Arthur really could be a stubborn mule.
"What about the people in the outlying villages?" Sir Leon asked, always the most compassionate out of the Knights, it was why Merlin valued him as a very dear friend.
"We'll give them refuge within the City walls." Arthur stated.
"And what of their houses, their livelihoods?" Sir Leon asked, trying to change Arthur's mind. He knew Merlyn would successfully be able to change the Prince's mind if she was allowed to speak up during Council meetings without being thrown in the dungeon. He hated how his friend was treated sometimes, but there was nothing he could do. "Cenred will destroy everything in his path." He continued.
"But they will have their lives. Go. Ready the army." Arthur ordered. Seeing his mind was not to be changed Sir Leon bowed his head and left with the other Knights.

Once the meeting was finally over Arthur could finally seek the solace and opinions he'd been wanting.
"It was a tough decision to make, but I was impressed. You did well, Arthur. I mean it.  It was either to appease him and risk the chance of him wanting more, and more territory, or this. Everything is going to be fine, Arthur. Camelot has got you and...me." Merlyn assured, though adding herself somewhat hesitantly.
"Please tell me you're not going to be out there?"
Arthur almost begged.
"Of course." Merlyn replied. "I'm going to be at your side like I always am. Protecting you."
"Merlyn, I don't want you to get hurt." Arthur argued.
"Well that's something we can both agree on." Merlyn said as she carried on walking leaving Arthur to hurry to catch up.

"Arthur, everyone is glad you've taken change but worry is not a wise counsel to have. You know I trust you more than Uther, than anyone. You need to follow what you believe is right and forget everything else." Merlyn insisted turning back around to face him and place a hand on his arm, which Arthur covered. A moment passing between them, before they got separated by a passing Lord and had to get back to organising the siege. While once again Morgana stood in her blood red dress and cloak watching the men prepare in a frenzied manner as they'd received a report that the army would be upon them the following night. A malicious smirk appeared on the Lady's face as she watched before she snuck out of Camelot unchallenged and unquestioned.

"Where have you been?" Morgana demanded as soon as Morgause arrived at their meeting place in the woods.
"What's wrong, sister?" Morgause asked, confused.
"It's Merlyn. She's alive. She's back in Camelot, she has thwarted us. She destroyed the Mandrake root. Your enchantment's been broken and I fear Arthur suspects." Morgana ranted.
"Do not worry. The root has already done its work. And Cenred's army is less than a day from the City." Morgause waves off Morgana's concerns.
"Then it's time?" Morgana questioned. 
"Are you ready?" Morgause asked, sensing her sister's fluctuating emotions Morgause lowered her voice like you would with a frightened animal.

"Morgana, Cenred's army are mighty, but they cannot bring down the City on their own. You too must play your part." Morgause instructed.
"Tell me what I must do." Morgana said. Morgause looked at her sister critically, assessing her for a moment before producing a white staff, and showing it to her darker haired sister.
"It is carved from the Rowan tree that grows at the very heart of the Isle of The Blessed." Morgause explained. "Only the High Priestesses and their Blood God have ever set eyes on it."

"My magic is still weak. I do not have the strength to wield such an instrument." Morgana protested a frightened look in her eyes as she shook her head.
"Do not worry." Morgause soothed. "The staff will guide you. It carries its own power." She said as she handed it to her and watched her intently.
"I will not fail you." Morgana promised.
"I know." Morgause said as she left.

***

The following morning, Merlyn dressed into what she called her fighting clothes. She had on brown trousers, brown boots and a brown long-sleeved corset top. Once she finished plaiting her hair she left her chambers to help the other servants gather food and other provisions, before she helped Gaius set up the make-shift Hospital Wing. As the time was nearing, she strapped a sword around her waist that Gwen had gotten made specifically for her. "Merlyn," Gwen called, stopping her best friend leaving the Hospital Wing with Arthur and Sir Leon. "Please be careful. You're my best friend and I do not wish to see you hurt. In fact I'd prefer it if you didn't fight at all." Gwen fretted.
"I promise, Gwen. Please be careful too." Merlyn said as she pulled Gwen into a tight hug. "You're my best friend too." Merlyn added as she left to catch up with Arthur and Sir Leon.

"As best we can, Sire. They amount to around 9,000 so far, but they're still coming." Sir Leon said as Merlyn caught the tail end of the conversation.
"How long will our provisions last?" Arthur asked.
"Depends, Sire, on what losses we sustain." Sir Leon replied.
"Give them shelter inside the castle." Merlyn said. "Use up all the guest rooms for now. They'll be protected and far away from battle. They're not going to steal anything if that's what the nobles are worried about. They just want to survive and go home."
"See to it, that is put in place. And Cenred?" Arthur ordered.
"Of course, Sire. And our scouts report he'll be upon us in a matter of hours." Sir Leon said, shocking Arthur.

Knowing Arthur wanted time with his father before the battle Merlyn left him to it, while she helped move the villagers into the castle using the servant passages as they were quicker, before spending some time with Gaius in case this was her last.
"Arthur, it's time." Merlyn said softly, seeing Arthur crying next to his father.
"I promise I will not let you down." Arthur swore to Uther who remained asleep. After checking over everything one last time, Arthur headed back to his chambers where Merlyn helped him into his armour, but ended up doing one piece too tight.
"Sorry." Merlyn muttered as she quickly redid it with nimble fingers.

"It's not like you to get nervous, Merlyn." Arthur teased.
"I'm not nervous." Merlyn denied.
"No?" Arthur teased.
"No, because I trust in you and in your destiny." Merlyn replied.
"I think you mean: our destiny." Arthur corrected, making a wide grin sorest across Merlyn's face.
"It is your fate. To be the greatest King Camelot  has ever known. Your victory today will be remembered by every age. Until the end of Time. You just need to trust in yourself, Arthur." Merlyn said as Arthur looked at his beloved in shock. He was always in awe of the wisdom and courage she showed, even before he knew the truth and that is how he knew she would make a wonderful Queen.

"There are times, Merlyn, when you show... well it's not wisdom." Arthur teased. "But yes, that's what it is." He continued making them both laugh.  

As the battle dawned Arthur headed into the armoury shaking his Knights hands before he raised his sword into the air. All of the Knights saw what Merlyn's has always seen; that Arthur is the greatest King Camelot will ever know. And they would stand by him to the death.
"For the love of Camelot!" Arthur shouted.
"For the love of Camelot!" The Knights all shouted raising their fists or weapons into the air. Quickly they moved all of the battering rams, barricades, catapults and other instruments they needed into their designated places. And then it started with the first fireball lighting up the barricades and awakening Uther from his slumber. The army broke through the gate and met the Knights in the Lower Town where a fierce battle raged, all the while fireballs continued to rain down on Camelot.

Uther, seeing the destruction in the courtyard, drew his sword and raced across the drawbridge to where Sir Leon was commanding his section to hold the line.
"You need to go back, Sire." Sir Leon ordered. But Uther just ignored him and charged right to the front of the line before he could be stopped.
Inside the Hospital Wing Gaius had Morgana helping with the patients not only to keep an eye on her but because they desperately needed the help, when Merlyn ran in, in a panic.
"Gaius, one of us needs to keep an eye on her. But I don't trust her with you, I fear something may happen to you." Merlyn whispered fearfully.

"Don't worry. I am. And I'll be fine, Merlyn. I promise." Gaius promised.
"Be careful." Merlin said as she kissed his cheek, and ran out of the castle only to narrowly dodge a fireball that lit up the courtyard, causing her to fall hard onto the cobblestones cutting her head.

As the night raged on there were many casualties especially when they started fighting an army of the dead thanks to Morgana raising the army of the dead. But luckily Merlyn stepped in and saved the Knights from Cenred's army and knocked Morgana out and destroyed the Rowan staff which destroyed the corpses that had risen. With the dead destroyed the Knights of Camelot were able to win against Cenred as he pulled his men back and retreated. As dawn broke most of the fires had been put out and everyone had been able to clean themselves up, when Uther called everyone to the Throne Room.

"Merlyn," Arthur whispered as he pulled her aside quickly. "No matter what my father is about to say, I want you to know that I know the truth. I know you caused those fires so all of us were able to escape, and I know you destroyed the thing that brought the dead to life. I can never thank you enough, Merlyn. You saved countless lives last night." Arthur whispered to her. Merlyn smiled as it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. She never knew how much relief she would feel just from Arthur knowing it was her. It was nice.
"Thank you, Arthur. That means a lot." Merlin said as she smiled softly at him as his cheeks tinted pink.

"In my time, we've won many battles, but none so important as this." Uther declared, his voice commanding silence from everyone. "Every man, every woman and child has performed their heroic best. I thank you and I salute you all. Even before the battle, we knew there was a traitor in our midst, one who was almost the undoing of us. However we have to thank the one person who outwitted them and almost single handedly turned the battle - - the Lady Morgana." Uther said as he pointed to the end of the Hall and held his hand out to her. While everyone was clapping for her Merlyn, Gaius and Arthur could not. For they alone knew the truth. Once Morgana was beside him Uther continued speaking. "For it was she who bravely entered the vault, found the magical vessel and destroyed it." He continued while Morgana stood there acting all bashful.

"We must be vigilant, stand firm against The Dark Forces of Magic and ensure that they never penetrate our walls again." With that the meeting was adjourned as everyone left to go about their business, most likely to get some sleep. As Merlyn was heading back with Gaius to their chambers Merlyn was once again pulled into an alcove causing Merlyn's eyes to flash gold, and the person to let go of her as if they'd been burned, all before she realised who it was. 
"Oh, Arthur. I'm sorry I thought you were Morgana." Merlin apologised sheepishly while Gaius rushed to them to make sure his Ward was alright.

"That's...wait, has she threatened you?" Artur asked angrily.
"A few times." Merlyn admitted.
"Why did you never say anything!?" Arthur demanded.
"What could you do? Your father is so blinded to her true nature that he'd never hear a word against her." Merlyn argued. Arthur sighed knowing she had a point but it didn't mean he had to like it .
"Why is he so blind?" Arthur asked.
"I don't know." Gaius mused. "We must be careful. She will try again."
"I'll be ready. What? I'm not afraid of her." Merlyn exclaimed at the looks she got from the pair.
"You should be. I'm scared of her." Arthur remarked.
"No, all I feel for her is...sadness. She's become so bitter, so full of hate." Merlyn admitted.

"Don't let that happen to you, Merlyn. I couldn't bear it." Gaius warned.
"I won't, nothing could make me that angry. Arthur, why did you pull me in here?" Merlyn asked.
"Oh," Arthur said as his cheeks turned red. "Gaius, could I talk to Merlyn alone? I'll see her to your chambers afterwards."
"Of course. I'll have breakfast ready, Merlyn." Gaius said as he shuffled off. Once Arthur was sure Gaius had left Arthur pulled Merlyn into his arms and into a passionate kiss as the sunlight streamed in through the stained glass window behind them. "I've wanted to do that since you came back." Arthur breathed against her lips once they pulled apart. The pair laughing breathlessly as their foreheads pressed against each other, was the only sound that filled the corridor.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

11.5K 542 35
*Sequel Out now* Kilgharrah may have told Merlin that nothing he could do would save the Once and Future King, but that doesn't mean he was right. Th...
9.5K 561 25
[COMPLETE 25/25] Do you ever feel such a deep connection to a complete stranger that you feel as though you know them from somewhere else, from a lon...
9.1K 320 8
"Welcome to Camelot, Merlin, where anyone with magic is destined to die." β™› "Who exactly are you?" "I already introduced myself. Have you forgotten...
85.9K 2.1K 22
description edited 7/13/2022 hi, it's ya boy ambyssall. merlin is my comfort show and i am a gay little boy who is absolutely bonkers over these stup...