Midnight Birdsong [Dreamnotf...

De _dreamnotfound

George is hopelessly in love with Clay, but he doesn't know how to express his feelings. Clay is concerned an... Mais

Chapter 1- HELPP
Chapter 2: The Bird
Chapter 3: Shivers and stars
Chapter 4: School Days
Chapter 5: I hate Mondays
Chapter 6: Destiny
Chapter 7: A Bad Sleepover
Chapter 8: What?
Chapter 9: F
Chapter 10: Late Night Feelings
Chapter 11: Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter 12: patches
Chapter 13: Subtle
Chapter 14: Puzzles
Chapter 15: Git Good
Chapter 16: Stranger Things
Chapter 17: Surface Tension
Chapter 18: Prep
Chapter 19: Game Time, Baby
Chapter 20: He shoots...
Chapter 21: Fermented Apples in a Cup
Chapter 22: Furry Udders
Chapter 23: Don't Dream It's Over
Chapter 24: Cheese Puffs
Chapter 26: Tone Change
Chapter 27: Ow
Chapter 28: Absent
Readers Oneshots?
Chapter 29: Mystery
Chapter 30: Nice People
Chapter 31: Something Something Mess
Chapter 32: ...he Scores
Chapter 33: Mistakes
Chapter 34: Secrets
Chapter 35: Give Us Answers
Chapter 36: Misery Fell
Chapter 37: Mondays Are the Worst
Chapter 38: Tuesdays Are Better
Chapter 39: Have Patience
Chapter 40: The End?
Epilogue and Sequel
Twisted

Chapter 25: Standing Ovation

62K 1.8K 9.9K
De _dreamnotfound

George brought the drinks back to the hermit's room, and sat down with Bad and Skeppy.

They seemed to have entirely forgotten about the pool incident, and were just enjoying each other's company, albeit drunkenly.

"ThAnK y0u Georg, y0u Are my FAvoRitE MUFFIN UWU."

George had to laugh at Bad's absolutely horrible British accent he used when addressing him. He intentionally put on a heavy accent to respond.

"WhY oF CouRsE JollY FeLLoW, AnYthInG f0r My mAtES. I SAy, BudGe Up ThAr, I mAsT SiT mYseLf InA p0sH MannAR."

The three of them howled in laughter after this, and Bad scooched over so George could sit and he gave them da drinks.

Skeppy poked Bad's face like three times before Bad went "WHAHHHH?!"

"I thot I was ur favorite muffin Bad. I made u a duckie onesie and u pick Georg over me whyyyyyyyyyyyy." The last word was a wail as Skeppy pulled his duck hood over his face in distress.

"AH NO SKEOPPYURMY FAVORITE SKEPPYY-" Bad tried to pull Skeppy's hood up but Skeppy resisted, whining- "WHYYY BAD I DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU AND YOU STILL DONT APPRECIATE ME!" Skeppy sniffed from inside his onesie, with Bad trying furiously to open it up and see his face.

"NO GEPPYIAPPRECIATEYOUIPROMISEURMYFAVORITEMUFFIN IPROMISEURMYFAVORITEMUFFIN ITSNOTGEORGE GEPPPPYYYYYYYY!"

At this point George's attention started to wander around, like it did when Bad and Skeppy got preoccupied with each other.

After a minute he just wandered away to idly chat with the hermits, the room was a little unsteady but whatever thats just the ocean.

He swayed over to Mumbo and Grian, who were gently bopping to the song Talk Too Much by COIN and chatting with some girl with a cool masquerade owl mask.
"-I'm not really observant I just pay attention-"

George bust into their conversation, heedlessly interrupting it- but I have to say something-

"OI! WHY DO Y0U GUYS N0T HAVE SHOES?"

The owl girl blinked and Grian looked down at his feet then back up at him. "Long story, not important-"

"That was a bit rude-" Grian cut off the owl girl and waved her away with a look that said something like 'we can talk later he needs my attention now.'

She shurgged and moved on as Mumbo said to George, "I think you've had one too many beers, mate."

"NO," George said. "I haventt had enoogh."
He followed this with a big swig from his cup.

"Whoa ok-" Mumbo gently took away his beer, despite George's soft little 'nooooooo'- "You've had enough of that."

Grian looked at George curiously. "Why do you say that?"

George refocused on Grian's face, thinking,

"CUZ my bird left me and I'm sad."

Grian looked at Mumbo like 'do you know what he's talking about?' but Mumbo just shrugged.

Then George stretched out his hands to tall Mumbo like a baby reaching for a pacifier and said, "gimme gimme."

After a shurg from Grian, Mumbo gave George back his drink. Then he endeavored to distract him from it by asking questions.

"How are you feeling, mate?"

George leaned to the side and just about tumbled over; his head was aching.
"I'm knackered."

"Yeah, you look it," Grian said. "I could use a rest, myself." He moved to sit down on another couch.

"Yeah," Mumbo agreed, "we don't want Gremlin Grian to come out."

Grian rolled his eyes, "haha yeah."

George plopped himself down. "IDK wha you guys are talking about but IDK."
He lost track of what he was saying.
Maybe he just started the sentence without a point.

Mumbo took the liberty of explaining, "when Grian gets drunk he does this kind of Gollum voice impression and follows people around. It's proper eerie."

"HEY I want to see that- GRian drink this right now." George tried to force-feed Grian the rest of his beer which Grian almost snorted up laughing at his eagerness.

Shenanigans ensued and by the time George got back to Skeppy and Bad he was in a better mood.
The Joshua Radin version of the song Only You started playing and  the chill but familiar words calmed George down.

He just walked over and plopped down on the couch again next to Bad.

He was playing some word association game with Skeppy that honestly George didn't really care about because he was having trouble focusing on anything at the moment.

Skeppy would say a word and then Bad would reply with the first thing he thought of.

"Skeppy"
"Muffinhead"

"Badboyhalo"
"Muffinhead"

"Potato"
"Po-tat-o"

"Tomato"
"Tom-a-to"

"Car"
"Skeppy"

"WHat?"
"Mhm."
"Okay...."

"Country"
"Uh... Skeppy"

"Pfff- water"
"Ice"

"Party"
"Tired"

"Drunk"
"Skeppy"

"HEY-"
"WHAT?"
"OMG OK nevermind"

"Duck"
"Quack"

"Ok that was good. Um... sleep"
"Skeppy."

"WHAT?"
"Skeppy"

"DO YOU JUST THINK OF ME ALL THE TIME?!"
"ALL THESE THINGS U SAY APPLY TO YOU!"
"HOW-"

George decided to jump in.
"Clay"

Bad responded without thinking-
"Questions"

"Whaaaa?" Skeppy slurred, "Why queeestions?

"Because I still have questions." Bad gave an exaggerated eye roll, "duh."

"Aboot wha?" George asked.

"Abot da 'pew pew' ya know? Idk."

"UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH UR GOING TO MAKE ME EXPLAIN THIS NOWWWW?" Drunk Skeppy was even more melodramatic than sober Skeppy.

"FUCK THAT!" George yelled over Bad's annoyed "language!" "ITS NOT EVEN IMPORTAMT ANYMOR I EXPLAIN- OK SO CLAY GOT ATTACKED AND THEN GOT GONE FROM SCHOOL SO BYE THEN NOW."

Bad blinked slowly. "I dunnot undertand."

Skeppy shoved George back onto a pillow. "UR BAD AT EXPlAINING ILL EXPLAIN- OK SO SOCCER BOYS GONE CUZ THEY HAVE GAME BUT CLAY STAY CUZ HE HURT FOOT AND GOT WEEK OFF PRACTICE SO TEAM LEAVED THE SCHOOL EARLY AND CLAY STAY THEN GUY COME AND PULL OUT GUN AND PEW DA PEW BUT NOW HE FINE SO WHATEVS."

George pushed Skeppy back. "NO UR BAD AT EXPLAINING!"

"HEY DONT PUSH ME BRITSISH GOGGLE BOI!"

"SHUT UP YOU MUFFINS TELL ME WHA HAPPEN TO THA GUY WHO DID THA PEW PEW!"

"WELL HE YEET THE YEET AND DA COPS SAY IDK!" Skeppy shurgged.

"UR BAD AT EXPLAINED SKEPPY- WHAT HAPPEN WAS THEY DISAPPAER AND WE DONKNOW WHO DUN IT!" George loudly explained to Bad.

"SO THEY STILL ON DA LOOSE?" a wide-eyed Bad asked.

"YEE YEE," Skeppy answered.

"BUT THEY PROBABLY MOVED AWAY OR SUMTHIN BECUZ THEY GONE AND NEVA DID ANY OF THA THINGS ELSE."

"OKIE BUT WHERE DID CLAY GET DA PEW PEW?"

Skeppy explained. "THEY DID THA PEW PEW AT CLAY'S SHOULDER SO PASS OUT AND RIDE TO THA HOSPITAL IN THA AMBUKLANCE WEEEEEEWOOOOOOOOO!"

George nodded. "AND THAN HE STAY THERE FOR LOJG TIME BUT NOW NO ONE TAKS ABOT IT SO DERE."

"OH OK I FEEL EDUCADED," Bad said.

Skeppy poked his face. "FEEL DA KNOWLEGE IN UR BRAIN BADDDD."

"AHHHH SKEPPY I FEEL IT STAHP!"

"HEY SKEPPYYYY I WANT DA KNOWLEGE TOO." George poked Skeppy, who turned around and made a face.

"U already know da knowlege what da heck?"

"NO" George felt sad. "Different knowlege. Why u yell at me before."

"What da ya mean before oh u mean at lunch ok well I upset becuz u leave den u come back all da sudden and confusing him and me and us."

George felt tears prick at his eyes. "I didna mean to do dat. Im sorry."
George started crying.

He felt arms around him. It was Skeppy.

"Im sorry too cuz I was mean."

George sniffed and hugged him back.

Bad joined the hug.
"Muffffffin huggg," he murmured.

George laughed a little bit and wiped away his tears. They released him from the hug and he felt better a little bit.

"OK u potatoes are not gonna fight anymore right?" Bad asked.
Skeppy and George shook their heads.

"Good." Bad giggled a little and it was at this moment that the Swedish tennis golf player invited the two ducks and one guy with nice shoes to play games with the hermits.

Bad and Skeppy talked to Grian for the first time and Bad asked why their club people were called hermits.

"Well, when we first made the club we didn't know what to call it. Then some people were making fun of us for being nerds and they called us hermits but we're proud nerds so we named our club Hermitcraft and now we're all hermits together."

Grian smiled after telling them this, like it brought up happy feelings.

Then Mumbo came up behind him with a surprise hug attack and Grian screamed when he was lifted into the air.

"Look it's a plane, it's a bird, it's POULTRY MAN!" Mumbo laughed and set him down.

Grian guffawed and Mumbo punched his shoulder. "So Grian are you joining us or chickening out?" He put emphasis on the 'chickening' with an exaggerated wink.

Grian facepalmed. "Oh my goodness, Mumbo. That was a terrible joke and you know it."

George and Skeppy and Bad were still laughing at it like it was the funniest thing they ever heard.

"Your jokes get bloody awful as the night goes on, Mumbo Jumbolio."

"That's pants, Grian."

George told both of them, " OI let's play the bloody game already before I take a kip."

"ME NO SPEAK BRITISH!" Skeppy yelled at them.

"AHHHH YOU YELLED IN MY EAR!" Bad screamed.

"SORRY!" Skeppy screamed back.

"Christ on a cracker can we play da game? What game isit?" George asked Grian and Mumbo.

"Uhhh well it's sorta like a collection of games we play in sequence and whoever does best wins." Mumbo supplemented. "The first one is truth or dare."

"How do ya win at truath or dare?"

Iskall popped up to answer Bad's question, pushing them to sit down in the circle. "You dudes sit yourselves down and I will explain the Challenge of Doom. SO whoever gives the best dares or does a dare super awesome will be the considered winner of this game, and if you choose truth then you have to take a Mega Shot, so pick dare."

IDK WTF A MEGA SHOT IS BUT IT SOUNDS FUN LETS DO THIS.

Approximately half an hour later the first round of Hermit Challenges was over and Skeppy was stuck with a continuous dare that affected everything he said for the next hour.

Everyone laughed at almost everything Skeppy said.

"I haves to go pee in the closet."

This caused another round of giggles and George asked Skeppy: "where are you going to piss again?"

Skeppy scowled at him. "In da bathroom in the closet."

"But Skeppy-" Bad was wiping tears from his eyes- "there's not a bathroom in the closet."

"IM NOT GOING TO THE CLOSET IM GOING TO THE BATHROOM IN THE CLOSET!"

George was practically snorting the beer out of his cup and Skeppy was ready for the next game to start already so they would stop making fun of him.
"I HATE THIS AND I HATE ALL YOU GUYS IN THE CLOSET!"

He stormed out of the room but came back like ten seconds later because his temper was always short-lived and he forgot the way to the bathroom. Someone got up to show him the way and the other guys just chatted until he got back then they explained the next game.

Iskall talked first. "So you dudes might be thinking these are lame party games and yes- well- that's true because the hermits are not really party people- well DUDES it is time for a Mega Fun and also lame party game that only hermits play-

This is the Rap Battle. Ours has a twist which makes it so not only do you dudes have to freestyle rhyme but you also have to follow a prompt. Whoever does that the best, wins. Believe me when I say it is hard."

"Ohhhh noooo I'm bad at rapping," Bad made a pouty face.

"Yesh Im na playing dis one. I OMIT!" George sat down to watch.

"OK!" Grian rubbed his hands together. "You two will be grouped up, then we'll check with the other groups and see who did best. Your prompt is 'shut up and sit down' so that should be the focus of your rap; also feel free to insult each other."

"LOL" George said.

"YES I WILL INSULT YOU SO BAD BAD IN THE CLOSET!"

"THATS POTATO OF YOU SKEPPY IM ALREADY TIRED AGAGHHH!"

"Guys, guys save the fight for your rap. Badboyhalo, you go first," Grian said.

Mumbo dropped a beat and Bad nervously stood up.
"OK Imnot gonna be good at this but I'll try ma best."

"Skeppy, HEY, you're such a muffinhead,
Sleepy little duck, it's time for bed,
You have bags under your eyes and you look pretty tired,
Something something *yawn* I'm also tired,
Thanks for the onesie, but you're not as good at sewing, oh,
Skeppy skeppy skeppy you are a potat0"

George clapped.

Bad slumped down and Skeppy got up for his rebuke.

"You know what, Bad, that was really sad,
Don't tell me what to do cuz ur not my dad,
You called me a sleepy muffinhead,
But ur the one who really looks dead,
Ur dog Lucy is named rat
And I forgot what I was gonna rhyme to that
Heyyyy but anyway IM A MAVRICK
So shut up in the closet"

George clapped for this too. Skeppy bowed.

That kinda fell apart at the end but whatever. IDK who won-

His thought was interrupted by someone clearing their throat from the doorway-

And a6d made an awesome entrance into the room:

"Now before guys both go and take a walk
Wait a minute, just a second, give me a chance to talk
Hey I'm new here, I'm from France
But you guys climb the social ladder like ants
Skeppy, why dont you try and socially advance
Instead of sewing those duckie pants
Bad, why do you still listen to this guy's rants
You two should really just go ahead and dance
Please be quiet, I hit my head against the wall
But hey at least out of all of us, I'm the most tall
I'm better at rhyming than you on the fly
Cause while you both went drinking, I got high
Don't look at me with that face or give me that frown
I'm the ace, so why don't you just shut up and sit down?"

A STANDING OVATION of claps came from George at this cuz wow just wow.

Bad and Skeppy were just standing shell-shocked.

"Damn."

"LANGUAGE!"

(2.4k words)

This is hella long, so I'm splitting this chapter into two parts for my sanity.
Seriously it would have been probably over 5,000 words.
In other news I rewatched all the drunkboyhalo clips for this and that was fun :D
This is a long party right?

A6d laughed. "Even when ur drunk Badboyhalo ur the same person still."

Until next time...

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

31.1K 631 21
two boys; complete opposites of each other, full of pure hate for one another, until a singular discovery changes how they view each other. clay is a...
25.1K 808 61
TW: Gore, Homophobia, Slight Profanity, Suicidal Thought, Sexual Scenes, Problems Eating George...George.....such a clueless boy. An emotionless pri...
109K 3.2K 14
*SEQUEL TO THINK ON ME. PLEASE READ THAT FIRST.* Set in February of 2021. If George and/or Dream say that they are uncomfortable with this being writ...
26.7K 1.7K 23
I had never felt this way before, I had never felt the immediate butterflies swarm my stomach as soon as I saw them, but this was different. As soon...