Mari (Soul Eater)

By Writer-Chann

Mari was five when her mom died, after, her dad becoming an alcoholic and locking her in their house after th... More

Mari
Part two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Ninteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty-One
Part Twenty-two
Part Twenty-Three
Part Twenty-Four
Part Twenty-Five
Part Twenty-Six
Part Twenty-Seven
Part Twenty-Eight
Part Twenty-Nine
Part Thirty
Part Thirty-One
Part Thirty-Two
Part Thirty-Four
Part Thirty-Five
Part Thirty-Six
Part Thirty-Seven
Part Thirty-Eight
Part Thirty-Nine
Part Forty
Part Forty-One
Part Forty-Two
Part Forty-Three
Part Forty-Four
Part Forty-Five
Part Forty-Six
Part Forty-Seven
Part Forty-Eight
Part Forty-Nine
Part Fifty
Part Fifty-One
Part Fifty-Two
Part Fifty-Three
Part Fifty-Four
Part Fifty-Five

Part Thirty-Three

157 13 15
By Writer-Chann

A/N: *crying becuase thsi story has to many feels* whhhyyyyyyyyyyy...

T-T

Mari: I'm okay. I'm okay. As long as i have him I'm okay. It's okay. As long as he holds me through the cold, I won't be eaten by the insanity.

-Please Stand By-

They reached the outside hallway and Mari looked around, not seeing anyone. "Where are all the students?" she asked.

Stein was walking in front of her and the chain between them pulled a little, causing Mari to lose her footing. "Sorry." He said as she straitened. "It's after school hours. Only a few students are here. And a lot of them have minor injuries from your... attack."

Mari nodded. "Just wondering." She said softly, guilt running through her. She sighed as they reached the main hallway and she saw a few people walking. One girl and her mietser stopped dead in their tracks and stared at Mari.

The one girl had a faint red line on her neck and Mari knew it was the girl she had almost killed with her claws. The girl's partner moved in front of her as she began to shake and Mari passed.

Mari bent her head down in shame. "S-sorry..." she said, her words quiet. Stein pulled her along and people stared. One boy moved his leg in front of her and she tripped, her hands tied so she couldn't catch herself and her shoulder slammed into the ground.

She winced in pain as she sat up, her shoulder burning with agony. She looked down and saw it was bent wrong in some way. She clenched her teeth as she felt the black blood move the bones back into place and fix it. She still couldn't move and she looked up at the boy, he was laughing evilly and she Stein walk to him and slap his head.

Stein walked to Mari and bent next to her. "It just looks dislocated... the black blood must've helped." He took her shoulder gently in his hand and put his other hand on her collarbone.

Stein grasped her arm to put it back into place. She winced as he snapped it back in, her arm screaming. He helped her up, giving the boy a dirty look.

"Let's go." Stein said and led her finally to the Death Room. He opened it and they stepped in, walking down the long hallway of blades, the clouds on the walls moving with them.

She watched the ground as they walked. "So I never killed a human?" Mari asked to fill the silence.

Stein nodded. "Nicolai Deatsing was a keshin." He said.

"Okay." Mari said, feeling relief fill her.

They reached the middle of the room where people waited and they climbed the short set of stairs that led to a platform. Mari was looking at the ground so she didn't see anybody when she was standing at the center of the platform.

"Hello hello!" Lord Death said and Mari flinched at his enthusiasm. "How are you Mari? Sorry about the punishment! But you needed something for letting the three witches go, but you did kill them and we thought that would never happen! So you're forgiven and you thank you!" he said.

Mari's eyes were wide and she looked up at his white mask. "W-wait? Really?" she said.

"Yes! Yes Mari! You can come back to the academy but-" he said, holding up his hand. "You will have to ware a band that will tell us where you are."

Mari nodded and bowed to Lord Death. "Th-thank you..." she said. She looked up, all of her friends there, smiling at her. Even a big stupid grin on Black Star's face.

She looked down, her cheeks pink and her shoulders slumped with relief.

"It's not going to be easy with all the other students." Marie said.

Mari nodded. "I got a little of that a few minutes ago." She looked up, meeting all of her friend's eyes, landing on Kidd's last of all. She smiled and he smiled back, one of his arm's in a sling.

"Well! It's almost one am! You kiddos should get to bed." Lord Death shooed them students away, Spirit trying and failing to hug Maka.

"Thank god that's all over!" Liz said, cracking her back.

"Yeah! We were really worried there!" Patty said, grabbing Mari's arm. "We should get ice cream!"

"Patty... it's one in the morning..." Maka said, a smile on her lips.

"I'll use my ninja skills to get some!" Black Star said and Tsubaki began to protest.

"Black Star!" She said. "It's not right to steal!"

Soul shook his head. "It's not cool."

Mari took Kidd's good arm and held onto it, a big smile on her face as she looked around at her bickering friends. Kidd looked at her and pulled a little band out of her pocket and handed it to Mari. "Put this on." He said.

Mari nodded and slipped on the small band. "How's that?" she asked, holding out her hand.

"That's going to bother my OCD more than this cast." Kidd said, laughing a little.

"How long do you have to have it?" she asked.

"I'm a reaper so I heal really fast. Probably only a few days." Kidd said.

"Okay." Mari said, smiling as they stepped out into the cold night air. She yawned and looked around at her friends. "Are you guys tired?"

"Yeah." Soul said, her yawn catching onto him.

Maka yawned next, then Tsubaki, then Liz, Patty, and then Kidd. Black Star just stood there laughing. "You don't think a big star lie me could get taken down by something as small as yawning, did you?" he said, holding his arms while laughing.

"I guess not." Mari said, smiling, happy to be back.

When they had all of their friends had gotten back to their different homes, Mari was practically passing out on her feet.

"Marrii~" Patty said, poking her cheek. "There's only a few more blocks to the house!"

Mari nodded, thinking of a comfortable bed that wasn't the hard, cold, ground and she passed out. Kidd caught her and lifted her onto his back. "Well, she's asleep now, I guess." He said.

Liz laughed a little, Patty holding onto her arm. Liz yawned and Patty tugged at her arm. "Patty... are we almost home?"

"I just said that, silly." Patty said.

"Then you can carry me, just like Mari?" Liz asked, rubbing her eye.

Patty laughed and picked Liz up on her back like Mari. Liz's head fell onto her shoulder as the began to walk down another brightly lit street.

Kidd smiled. "I'll see you guys back at the house. I'm going to take the long way."

Patty waved a hand and Liz made a noise to show she had heard. They were gone in a moment and Kidd turned, seeing a park bench. He walked to it and set Mari down.

"Mari... Mari... I need you to wake up so I can tell you something... something important." Kidd said.

Mari's eyes fluttered open and she looked around, panicked for a second. "Where-" she asked, her hands flying out to bump into Kidd's chest. She took in a breath and sat back. "Okay," she said, rubbing her eyes. "You're here. I'm okay."

Kidd smiled and Mari watched him dust off his jacket and make a face at his cast. He sat down next to her and she noticed his leg bouncing up and down.

"What is it, Kidd?" she asked, worried. She put her hand on his leg to stop it from moving and he sighed. "It's okay." She said.

"No... it's not Mari." He said and something cold ran through Mari. "It's what my father told us before you came into the Death Room."

Mari's hands were ice as she put them on the bench next to her. Her neck was cold and shivers were running up her spine because she knew he was going to say something terrible. "Kidd, just tell me..."

"He told us about your soul... what you are. And he that if you ever went rogue, that we'd have to kill you... but he told me..." he looked at her, pain in his eyes. "He said that I'd have to kill you because I'm the only one that could get close enough because... because you love me..." he looked down, his eyes shadowed.

Mari leaned into his chest, starring off into the distance. "I love you Kidd, and if I ever went crazy and started killing people... I'd want you to kill me." she said. He took in a breath and Mari felt teas drip down onto her face. She looked up at him, tears spilling from his eyes. "Kidd," she said and moved up close to his face, wiping the tears from his cheeks.

He leaned his forehead onto hers and closed his eyes. "I just don't want to hurt you anymore." He said.

Mari could feel her heart breaking. "Kidd... I love you more than anything else in the world. You came back to me every time I went crazy, ever time I was a monster. You were the only one. The only one that really cared for me. Loved me." she lightly kissed him, her lips brushing his soft ones. "How about I make you a deal." She said and he opened his eyes a little, small tears dripping from them.

He put a hand on her cheek and ran under her black eyes. "What..."

Mari smiled. "I'll never go crazy again and I'll become a death scythe. And then, when you become Shinigami and take your fathers place, I'll be your weapon." She said in a soft voice barely audible.

"Okay." He said, his lips brushing hers again. "And you'll be the most powerful death scythe ever." He looked up into her eyes. "Because you've already killed four witches."

Mari smiled back at him. "Then you can get rid of all the keshins in the world." She said. She paused and thought for a second. "Well. Almost all of them."

Kidd looked down. His hand moved to the back of her neck and he pulled her to him for a kiss. She closed her eyes and she could feel tears of her own run down her face. Because she knew that she would never be sane and Kidd would probably have to kill her someday.

She broke away from him with her eyes closed, her tears slipping out. "I love you." She said, falling into his chest, beginning to cry. "I love you so, so much."

Please give feedback fellow weebs!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 770 22
My first time writing a Soul Eater (or any fanfic.) story so please be kind to me. :) You're a meisterless sythe weapon who finally decided to go...
5.3K 83 15
- A story about Maka's twin sis joining DWMA. Just a normal girl who has her own weapon. - Rewriting (in progress) ☁️ ⚠️ Warning !! • THE OLD VER...
207K 6.3K 33
As you've grown up your life has never been easy. You've struggled with the loss of your father and the poor relationship with your mother. After man...
5.1K 244 16
This is the sequel to "Kid's Beach House (Kid x Soul)" . Several years ago, just before Kid, Black Star, Maka, Crona, and the weapons were supposed...