𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍...

By -JASONSGRACE

when we're singing side by side, there's so much left unspoken. [ luke patterson x original character ] [ ju... More

disclaimer
just for a moment
epigraph
ONE: sunset curve
TWO: bad day
THREE: setting some boundaries
FOUR: bright
FIVE: wondering
SIX: flying solo
SEVEN: admitted crushes
EIGHT: pinky swear
NINE: broken promises
TEN: from emily to emilia
ELEVEN: finally free
TWELVE: just for a moment
FOURTEEN: she's so gone
FIFTEEN: unsaid emily
SIXTEEN: let them go
SEVENTEEN: let's paint the sky
EIGHTEEN: stand tall
author's note
CHARACTER Q&A
Q&A ANSWERS
author's note

THIRTEEN: edge of great

8.3K 326 199
By -JASONSGRACE

╔══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
edge of great

╚══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╝

BUTTERFLIES SEEMED TO be a reoccurring theme. So when Julie suggested they base their outfits off of the beautiful insects, Emilia couldn't help but agree. It reflected her mood about Luke, anyway. That was all she could think about while getting ready. Emilia stuck with her signature color of red, this time in the form of red jeans, a black top with a red butterfly embroidered onto it, and black Converse. Julie had taken the liberty of pinning the two front pieces of Emilia's hair back with red butterfly pins she had.

However, the second Emilia arrived at Julie's house and spotted Luke through the window standing outside the studio in his infuriatingly gray beanie, she turned as red as her jeans and began stumbling over her words. Julie immediately sensed something was up. She called Flynn up to her room for an emergency meeting in order to find out what happened.

"Slow down, Em," Julie said in a calm tone.

"Something happened," Emilia voiced, pacing back and forth. "Something really big happened."

Flynn's eyebrows knit in confusion. "What? Is it anything bad?"

Emilia stopped in her tracks and looked at them. "I kissed Luke."

Julie's eyes widened and her mouth fell open. "You kissed Luke?"

She nodded rapidly. "Yep. Yeah, I did."

"You kissed Luke," Flynn repeated. "Emilia, he's a ghost."

Emilia gestured wildly with her hands. "I couldn't help it! He was right there! What was I supposed to do? Just ignore the boy that has completely taken over my thoughts every minute of every day?"

Julie moved to sit on the edge of her bed excitedly. "Okay, okay, start from the beginning. I want to hear everything."

"All right." Emilia took a deep breath. "So, he showed up at school this morning to ask me if I was cool with singing Edge of Great for tonight. I said yes and then he wanted me to ditch school to rehearse, but then I said no because, you know, I promised Ray to put schoolwork before music."

Julie nodded. "Right."

"So then he asked to come by my place later to write because he was like somehow you found a way to make my songs better, and I said oh yeah sure. Then after school I was writing the lyrics to that beat you sent me, Jules, and he appeared when I was stuck on writing the last part. He told me to play what I had so far for him and when I told him it it was a duet, he said he would sing it with me. So then we started singing, and as time went on . . . I realized that the lyrics I wrote were about him. Just For a Moment? It was everything I felt about Luke, and I didn't even notice until he sang with me. And then once we were done singing, he helped me finish it the lyrics, and then we sang the last part."

"And . . ." Julie trailed off excitedly.

Emilia let out breathy laugh. "And then when the song ended, he kissed me. I froze because I was like oh my God he's kissing me, so he pulled away and immediately apologized, but I pulled him back in and kissed him again."

Flynn blinked at her. "Emilia, you realize you just kissed a ghost, right?"

Julie smacked her arm. "A ghost she can touch, Flynn. Emilia just kissed the biggest crush she's ever had, and you can't even be happy for her?"

"I am happy," Flynn argued. "It's just . . . I don't know, Em. I just don't want you to get hurt if he suddenly poofs away all of the sudden to do whatever ghosts do."

Emilia groaned and flopped onto Julie's bed on her back in between Julie and Flynn. "Trust me, I know. But everything about him just makes sense . . . well, besides the ghost part."

Julie grabbed her hand and pulled her to sit up. "I think you should see where this goes for now. Let the music play and continue to write songs. You obviously like him, and I don't want you to throw your chemistry away. Just . . . please be careful, all right?"

Emilia gave her a small smile. "Thanks Jules."

"Okay, you two." Flynn stood up and clapped her hands twice. "We can talk about cute ghost boys later. Right now, you have a performance to put on."

"Flynn's right," Julie agreed, standing up. "Let's get out there and sing our little hearts out."

Emilia chuckled and stood up. She followed the two girls down the steps, absolutely ready to perform.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙 ♔ 𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

A CROWD WAS gathered in front of the studio. The piano was already set outside, and all Emilia and Julie had to wait until it was finally time to go out. Emilia moved her red microphone back and forth between both of her hands as she paced (much slower than she did in Julie's room) a couple of times in front of the double doors. The boys were off to the side of the studio to wait for their entrance.

"What's up, everybody?" Flynn asked outside, talking into a microphone. "Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. Here's the new anthem from Julie, Emilia, and the Phantoms!"

The doors opened. Emilia and Julie walked out towards the piano while the crowd cheered and clapped for them. She looked and locked eyes with Apollo, who was standing next to Nick, and surprisingly, Carrie. Emilia gave him a small wave as she sat down at the piano bench and placed her microphone in the stand.

"Thanks for coming, everyone," Julie announced in a slightly nervous tone, speaking into her own microphone as she stood next to the bench.

Emilia looked up. Julie gave her a small nod, and Emilia pressed her fingers onto the keys, playing the first chord to Edge of Great.

"Running from the past, tripping on the now, what is lost can be found, it's obvious," Julie sang.

Emilia took up the next lines. "And like a rubber ball, we come bouncing back, we all got a second act inside of us."

The projector turned on, signaling that it was time. Luke, Reggie, and Alex all appeared behind Emilia and Julie with their instruments. Emilia took her microphone out of the stand and stood up from the bench.

Emilia and Julie harmonized on the chorus. "I believe, I believe that we're just one dream, away from who we're meant to be, that we're standing on the edge of. Something big, something crazy, our best is yet unknown, that this moment is ours to own, 'cause we're standing on the edge of great."

"On the edge of great," the boys added.

"Great."

"On the edge of great."

"Great."

"On the edge of great."

"'Cause we're standing on the edge of . . . great," Emilia and Julie finished.

"We all make mistakes," Luke sang. "But they're just stepping stones, to take us where we wanna go, it's never straight, no."

Luke locked eyes with Emilia. He nodded his head, beckoning her to come over. Butterflies filled her entire stomach. With a prod to the back from Julie, Emilia stumbled forwards and ended up by his side. She was closer to him that she anticipated, but neither of them dared to move away. They were like two opposite ends of a magnet drawn towards each other.

Their eyes never left each other's as they sang together in their respective microphones, Julie joining in as well as she slowly walked towards the front of the piano. "Sometimes we gotta lean, lean on someone else, to get a little help, until we find our way. I believe, I believe that we're just one dream, away from who we're meant to be, that we're standing on the edge of." Emilia circled around the back of him to his other side. The two both had wide smiles on their faces, their stomachs flipping upside down just from the mere presence of each other. "Something big, something crazy, our best is yet unknown, that this moment is ours to own, 'cause we're standing on the edge of great."

"On the edge of great," the boys chorused.

Emilia joined Julie in the front of the piano, finally tearing herself away from Luke. "Great."

"On the edge of great."

"Great."

"On the edge of great."

"'Cause we're standing on the edge of . . ."

"Shout, shout!" the entire band sang together. Emilia and Julie both hopped up on the piano and sat with their legs dangling over the side. "Come on and let it out, out. Don't gotta hide it, let your colors blind their eyes, be who you are, no compromise. Shout, shout, come on and let it out, out."

"What doesn't kill you makes you feel alive," Julie voiced alone.

Julie patted Emilia's shoulder. She slid off the piano and walked back to the bench while Emilia inwardly took a deep breath. Emilia swung her legs over the side of the piano and rested them out in front of her, leaning back on one of her palms.

"Oh, I believe, I believe that we're just one dream," Emilia sang by herself softly in a high note. She turned her head to see Luke walking up to her, playing an improvised guitar solo. Emilia smiled and leaned her head closer to him, giving him a subtle wink. "Away from who we're meant to be."

Luke gave her the cutest smile she had ever seen on him, which was saying a lot, because his smiles were always cute. He sent her a wink back. Emilia's cheeks flushed red, but she couldn't focus on it.

"That we're standing on the edge of great!" Emilia belted, tilting her head backwards.

"Something big, something crazy, our best is yet unknown," Julie and the boys chorused.

Emilia joined back in with them. "That this moment is ours to own, 'cause we're standing on the edge of great."

"Great, on the edge of great," the boys chorused.

"On the edge of great," Julie and Emilia harmonized, Emilia sliding off the top of the piano.

"Great, on the edge of great."

Unlike before, Julie sat down at the piano this time and placed her microphone in the stand while Emilia stood behind the bench. "On the edge."

"Great, on the edge of great."

"Woah, standing on the edge of . . ."

Alex and Reggie disappeared. However, a familiar presence appeared next to Emilia. She turned to see Luke and her face-to-face. Emilia didn't know what he was doing, since the song was supposed to be finished with Julie, Emilia, and the piano, but something inside Emilia told her to just go with it. She raised her microphone to both of their lips.

"Running from the past," Julie, Emilia, and Luke all sang, but Emilia didn't really hear her best friend. All she was focused on was Luke's green eyes and the way her heart was beating rapidly. "Tripping on the now, what is lost can be found, it's obvious."

Luke's green eyes disappeared. Emilia stood frozen for a second before the cheering of the crowd snapped her out of her trance. She turned and smiled, but the only thing coursing through her mind was the moment her and Luke just shared.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙 ♔ 𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

"I CAN'T SAY this enough," Flynn announced. "That was incredible."

Her, Emilia, Julie, Apollo, Carlos, and Ray all sat on the bar stools in the Molina's kitchen. Ray had ordered pizza for them as a celebratory dinner after their performance.

"Yeah, especially that part when Emilia and that one guy in the band made some epic eye contact," Apollo stated with a smirk.

Emilia crumpled up a napkin and threw it at him. "Quiet, Apollo."

He raised his hands in surrender. "It's the truth. My baby sister has a crush."

She scoffed. "Okay, first of all, we're twins. Stop calling me your little sister."

"I'm two minutes older."

Emilia rolled her eyes at him. "Big deal. Second, I could say the same for you. Did you guys know that Apollo likes—"

"Emilia," Apollo stated sternly.

She raised a satisfactory eyebrow at him and leaned back in her chair with her arms crossed. Apollo rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out at her.

"So, how do you do those holograms?" Carlos asked.

"Oh, don't try to understand it, Carlos," Ray replied. "I don't."

"That's because you're old."

Ray fake-laughed. "Funny guy. I'd send you to your room, but then who's gonna clean up this mess?"

"Don't poke the bear," Julie warned playfully.

Carlos walked off and up the steps to go to his room. Emilia chuckled and took a sip of her water.

"So what are the boys doing right now?" Ray questioned.

"Well, we know one of them is thinking about Emilia," Apollo replied.

Emilia glared at him. "Apollo, I swear to God—"

"Hey," Julie interrupted, making the twins stop their bickering. She turned back to her dad. "Hanging out, I guess. You know, or whatever you do when you're from where they're from. Hey, so, what cameras did you use out there?"

Ray gave her a surprised look. "Interested in my work?"

He then sat down on his stool and began to ramble off about a bunch of technology stuff. Emilia, Flynn, and Julie all subtly fist-bumped and placed their chins in the palms of their hands. Apollo looked at them curiously, but Emilia nudged him in the ribs with her elbow.

And, for once, Emilia believed that everything was falling into the right places.

-ˋˏ ༻ ☁︎ ༺ ˎˊ-

"two dudes with mustaches who don't get laid" -charlie on his chaotic live the other day making up a netflix talk show title for him and owen

um ok charlie go off ig

anyways I believe in apollo supremacy and if jatp ever gets renewed for season 2 I've got some stuff planned for him :))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 6.5K 31
❝𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐭❞ -- 𝐫.𝐡. 𝐬𝐢𝐧 book 1 julie and the phantoms / l...
196K 3.1K 25
"Hey angel Tell me, do you ever try To come to the other side? Hey angel Tell me, do you ever cry When we waste away our lives?" In which Angelina ha...
7.4K 243 17
🌟MOST IMPRESSIVE RANKINGS🌟 🥳🥳🥳 #1 in #madisonreyes Skyler and Julie have been the best of friends for as long as they can remember. They are in...
66.2K 1.9K 23
𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞 𝙙𝙞𝙚, 𝙞'𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨. 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙢 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤...