𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 π…πŽπ‘ 𝐀 πŒπŽπŒπ„π...

By -JASONSGRACE

when we're singing side by side, there's so much left unspoken. [ luke patterson x original character ] [ ju... More

disclaimer
just for a moment
epigraph
ONE: sunset curve
TWO: bad day
THREE: setting some boundaries
FOUR: bright
FIVE: wondering
SIX: flying solo
SEVEN: admitted crushes
NINE: broken promises
TEN: from emily to emilia
ELEVEN: finally free
TWELVE: just for a moment
THIRTEEN: edge of great
FOURTEEN: she's so gone
FIFTEEN: unsaid emily
SIXTEEN: let them go
SEVENTEEN: let's paint the sky
EIGHTEEN: stand tall
author's note
CHARACTER Q&A
Q&A ANSWERS
author's note

EIGHT: pinky swear

8.5K 348 472
By -JASONSGRACE

╔══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER EIGHT:
pinky swear

╚══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╝

HERE'S EMILIA'S TIP of advice: never, and she means never, teleport with a ghost. It was a ten out of ten not fun experience. All she could see was pure black. Bitter cold wind whipped past her face and ears. The feeling of a million pins and needles sticking in her skin covered her entire body. It felt as if the moment would never end.

Finally, after being in agonizing pain for who knows how long, sunlight shined on her skin again. She gasped as her feet hit the ground. Emilia attempted to blink the black spots out of her vision as she stumbled backwards. Her feet slipped out from underneath her and she landed in someone's arms. Emilia didn't bother to see who it was and tried to make sense of the spinning image her mind was trying to register in front of her. Everything was making her want to throw up. However, she quickly repressed her nausea and tried to plant her feet firmly on the ground.

"Oh my God," Emilia let out while coughing a couple times. "That was awful."

"I didn't mean for you to come along," Luke admitted, a miserable tone to his voice as he helped her stand up straight. "But apparently you can travel with us now, too."

"And there's another question to add to our list," Alex announced.

Emilia placed a hand on her throbbing head. "I never want that to happen again. It's worse than that one time I rode that rollercoaster at Six Flags."

Finally, her vision cleared and she regained her sense of reality. Emilia found herself standing on concrete that surrounded a pool. The glass balcony overlooked the beach of Malibu. She turned, and there stood the mansion of Trevor Wilson (or Bobby . . . she was still confused.)

"You're kidding," Emilia stated. "You're literally kidding. What are you guys gonna do? You're dead."

"We have to haunt him," Reggie argued. "He can't just get away with this."

Emilia raised an eyebrow. "You know I can't condone this."

"Come on, Lia," Luke urged, giving her a cute smile and poking her shoulder. "Just let us haunt him a little bit."

Emilia glanced in between the three boys. The eager expressions mixed with anger on their faces made it hard to say no. She couldn't blame them for wanting to get revenge, but she also didn't want them to get so completely invested on this task that they would forget everything else. After all, they did have a school dance to play at later.

She sighed. "I'm sorry, but—"

They didn't let her finish. At the second she said the word sorry, the three of them disappeared right in front of her eyes. Emilia looked through the windows and saw them walking inside. They gave her innocent waves.

She groaned in frustration. "I need to keep them on a leash."

Emilia quickly ducked behind a plant, knowing very well that Carrie or Trevor could see her at any time. She slowly crept her way to the front door of the house. Finally, she made it and hid behind the singular pillar of the porch. Her eyes then widened once she saw Julie and Flynn rushing down the steps.

"Thank God you guys are here," Emilia whispered once they got closer to her. "I tried to stop them, but they wouldn't listen to me. Also, if any of the boys want to take you ghost traveling, do not let them."

Julie nodded her head to the door. "Come on, let's get them to stop."

The three rushed up to the door. Julie rang the doorbell, and after a couple moments, Carrie opened the door.

"Hey," Julie, Emilia, and Flynn chorused, dragging out the word.

"What are you three doing here?" Carrie asked. "How'd you get over the security gate?"

"Teamwork!" Julie answered. "Do you have a Band-Aid? The barbed wire's new."

Carrie placed a hand on her hip. "What do you want?"

"Uh . . ." Flynn trailed off. "Just thought you should know that Julie and Emilia's band is playing at the dance tonight."

"Now you know," Julie voiced.

Carrie seemed unimpressed. "You guys are acting weirder than usual."

"Oh, sorry, we're just really thirsty," Emilia apologized. "You know, dehydration . . . anyways, um, would you mind if we came in for a bottle of water or something?"

"Ugh, fine, if it'll make you leave faster." The three walked in, but Carrie was quick to stop them. "Don't break anything."

Carrie walked off towards the kitchen. Julie pointed in front of her and Emilia and Flynn followed behind her. They walked the path that led to the living room, but as they peered around, they found nothing.

"Where are you?" Julie questioned in exasperation.

"Em?" a familiar voice inquired. "I'm right here."

Emilia slowly spun around to see Apollo sitting on the couch with Nick right next to him. Her eyes slightly widened and immediately tried to play it off. "Oh my God, A, we've been looking all over for you!" She elbowed Julie. "Haven't we?"

"Yes, we have!" Julie agreed. "Look, Flynn, it's Apollo."

Emilia nervously laughed. "W-What are you doing here?"

"Nick asked Carrie if we could play video games at her house because she has the most sick T.V.," Apollo answered. He then held up his phone. "Also, uh, you could've just texted me. I would've answered."

Emilia blinked. "Oh, I thought it, um, would be a fun game to go around and see where I could find you. Wasn't it fun, Flynn?"

"Definitely!" Flynn exclaimed. "We just wanted to tell you that Emilia and Julie are playing at the dance."

Nick sat up. "Oh, yeah. No, I . . . I saw your post."

Carrie emerged from the kitchen, holding two bottles of water in her hands and one in the crook of her arm. "These girls bothering you, babe?"

"No, just telling us about the dance tonight."

"Right, Julie, Emilia, and their hologram band is playing." Carrie stopped in front of them, handing them the water bottles. "How'd you learn how to do all that hologram stuff anyways?"

"The internet," Julie replied. "It's not just full of makeup tips."

Carrie turned and glared at her. Emilia cleared her throat awkwardly and stared down at her water bottle.

Nick looked up at her. "What do — what do you say, babe?"

"Sure," Carrie responded, sitting down in between Nick and Apollo with Nick's arm around her. "Let's check out the hologram show."

"Great, um . . . Apollo and I will make sure all our buddies are there."

"Ooh, how exciting!" Carrie voiced. "That's a lot of people staring at you."

"Yeah, but Em will crush it," Apollo countered. "So will Julie."

Emilia looked over at Julie. The girl's face had turned bashful, as did Apollo's. Both of them shared shy smiles with reddening cheeks. Emilia looked in between them a couple of times, her mind finally piecing it together. They liked each other. It took Emilia literally all of her willpower not to jump up and down and scream.

"You girls remember where the door is, right?" Carrie inquired.

"Yeah," Julie responded. She suddenly tipped over her open water bottle, making water splash onto the floor. Julie quickly closed the top. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. No, no, no, no." She held her hand out, stopping Carrie from getting up. "I know where the towels are. Emilia and I will get it."

Julie handed her water bottle to Flynn, as did Emilia. Flynn suddenly dropped one of them, but thankfully, this time it didn't spill.

"Oh, here I go!" Flynn exclaimed as Julie and Emilia walked off.

Flynn began to ramble off to try and distract Carrie, Nick, and Apollo, while Julie and Emilia crept up the stairs to find the boys.

"Guys!" Julie whispered. "For your sake, you better not be up here!"

Emilia pointed in one direction. "I'll go this way, you go that way. Deal?"

"Deal."

Emilia walked in her direction. She saw Trevor Wilson frantically running down the hall with a panicked look on his face. Emilia quickly ducked behind a wall and hid as he passed. She emerged and suddenly found herself in the boys' path. The smiles slowly dropped off their faces as she crossed her arms.

"What do you think you're doing?" Emilia cried in frustration. "You can't just—"

And, once again, the boys disappeared out of existence right in front of her eyes.

"I'm gonna kill them," Emilia muttered to herself, walking back in the direction of the staircase. "They're already dead, but I'm literally going to kill them."

She met up with Julie by the stairs.

"Did you find them?" Julie asked.

"Yeah, and they cut me off by disappearing." Emilia paused. "Again."

Julie shook her head. "Come on."

The two bounded back down the stairs. They saw the three figures of the boys outside on the patio. Emilia rolled her eyes and crept into the kitchen. Julie locked eyes with Flynn and pointed outside. Flynn got the message and lodged herself in between Carrie and Nick, making them break apart and forcing the whole group spread out on the couch.

Once Emilia stepped outside, she immediately stopped in her tracks. Luke, Reggie, and Alex all had their pants pulled down, literally mooning Trevor's helicopter as it flew away. Her cheeks immediately flushed red. She cleared her throat awkwardly, focusing her gaze on the blue sky.

"Are you decent now?" Emilia questioned.

Murmurs of agreement spread throughout the three boys. Emilia looked back down to see them readjusting their clothing. Her eyes locked on Luke's, whose face was tinted red as he refastened his belt. Shaking her head, Emilia marched up to the three of them. She smacked Reggie's shoulder, kicked Luke's shin, and slapped Alex on the backside of his head. All of them let out noises of pain and she stepped back next to Julie. She stared at them, an angry look on her face.

"Never, and I mean never, poof away from me when I'm trying to talk to you," Emilia scolded. "You hear?"

Alex rubbed the back of his head in pain. "Yes ma'am."

Julie stepped forwards. "So, did you guys have fun in there?"

"Okay, you'd do the exact same if he stole all your songs," Luke argued.

"But you have new songs, with me and Emilia. The best way to get back at Trevor is for this band to do great. And to do great, we have to play at dances, then clubs."

"And tours," Luke finished, stepping closer to them. "I know."

Emilia held out her pinky. "Promise me you'll be at the school tonight."

"Pinky swears are a very sacred thing," Julie told them. "If you break one, you lose Emilia's trust."

"Come on." Emilia held her finger out further, a pleading look on her face. "You've got stars in your eyes."

Luke sighed, interlocking his pinky with hers. "So let's paint the sky."

She unlatched and held her pinky out to Alex and Reggie. They both grasped onto her finger with theirs before letting go.

Emilia smiled. "Good. We perform at nine. Don't be late, please, there's gonna be a lot of people there."

"We got it, all right?" Alex reassured. "Don't worry."

Emilia nodded. She followed Julie back inside, hoping that her promise would actually be held.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙 ♔ 𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

IT WAS ONE hundred percent a fact that red was Emilia's color. She completely adored it and had some of her most favorite things in the color, hence her red songbook and her red microphone. So it was only fitting that for the first gig she wore accents of it. Her lips were painted red, the friendship bracelets that she shared with Julie and Flynn were red, and she had red Converse on. The rest of her outfit consisted of a black short-sleeve top with blue jeans.

Julie's look, however, was more bright and colorful. She had a tie-dyed crop top with a pair of joggers on.

The two of them walked into the gym for the dance to see everybody dancing and overall having a good time. Emilia and Julie waved their way to the stage, where Flynn was at her DJ table. They waved to her, and Flynn pointed towards a spot away from from the table. The two walked towards it and Flynn crouched down so she could hear them better.

"How you two feeling?" Flynn asked.

"I'm a little nervous," Julie answered.

Emilia nodded. "Yeah, me too. Hopefully everything goes okay."

Flynn waved them off. "You'll both be fine. All your gear's backstage. Come on."

Emilia and Julie bounded up the steps. They walked backstage where Flynn was waiting for them. While Julie set the projector down on a table, Flynn's eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed. "You two look amazing!"

Emilia gave her a hug first. "Thanks. You know I couldn't resist adding my signature color."

Julie gave Flynn a hug and then spread her arms out once she pulled away to display her outfit. "It's my mom's. I finally went through her stuff."

Emilia placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "I'm so proud of you, Jules."

"She would've loved that you wore that," Flynn added. She then looked around. "Are the guys here?"

"Not yet," Emilia replied. "But I made them pinky swear that they would be. Plus, they know how important this is to us."

However, as Emilia said it, a sinking feeling settled in her heart. She had a bad feeling that the boys would only be focused on getting back at Bobby. However, she shook it off.

They wouldn't do that to them . . . right?

-ˋˏ ༻ ☁︎ ༺ ˎˊ-

miss olivia rodrigo absolutely kills the game when she wears red

em's gonna be real mad next chapter tho OOP

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 854 22
in which Gianni and Aniya make Julie and the phantoms imagines because ✨yeah ✨
196K 3.1K 25
"Hey angel Tell me, do you ever try To come to the other side? Hey angel Tell me, do you ever cry When we waste away our lives?" In which Angelina ha...
174K 6.2K 30
"no matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart." or in which a lifer and a ghost are connected in different timelines by his music. [ luk...
289K 9.4K 59
π™ƒπ™€π™π™Šπ™€π™Ž 𝙂𝙀𝙏 π™π™€π™ˆπ™€π™ˆπ˜½π™€π™π™€π˜Ώ, π˜½π™π™ π™‡π™€π™‚π™€π™‰π˜Ώπ™Ž 𝙉𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍 π˜Ώπ™„π™€. What do you get when you throw five musically inclined teenagers...