TXT Oneshots ♡

By fresh_soovacado

The book that I suddenly started in a boring day while in quarantine. --> Completed on Jan. 14, 2022 《Please... More

🥑Welcome!
•Duck•
•Table 5•
•Hand Sanitizer•
•Museum•
•Grape Juice•
•Popular•
•Dream•
•Fairytale•
•TXT in Fieldtrips•
•Peculiar pt.1•
•Mascot•
•Peculiar pt. 2•
•Peculiar pt. 3•
•Peculiar Final•
•TXT when Camping•
•Kilig•
•Video Call•
•Little Binnie•
•Too Late•
•Little Binnie pt.2•
•Blue Hour•
•Shush•
•Sunshine•
•I'll Be Alright•
•Lady•
•Warrior•
•Inventor•
•Wishlist•
🥑Note
•Happy Holidays!•
•The Best•
•Red Lights•
•The Staff•
•Types Of MOAs•
•Types of MOAs pt. 2•
•Our Secret•
🥑 Oh... myghad-
•My Universe•
•Pineapple Pizza•
•Plushies and Stitches•
•TXT as Disney Princesses•
•A Prank?•
•Dream Pt.2•
•Color pt.1•
•Random Moments•
•5 Seconds•
•Color pt. 2•
🥑Now how in the-
•My Angel•
•Lovely Whisper•
•TXT As Kpop Memes•
•TXT as KPOP Memes pt 2•
•Paper Cranes•
🥑Note!
•Hurt My...•
•TXT at a Horror House•
•Little Nightmares•
•BOO!•
🥑Note
•I'm The Mafia•
🥑Note
•Sweet Words•
•The Prince Who Cried•
•My Little Childhood•
🥑Final Note
Coming soon...🥑
•New Book!!!•
Deleting Chapters
•Special Chapter•

•In Another Time•

1.8K 42 15
By fresh_soovacado

"Hearing your voice is the only thing that keeps me sane."

I was just lying down on my bed, comfortably sleeping but a loud noise awoke me.

I groaned and opened my curtains to see the dangerous sunlight rising up and a bunch of meteors that are hitting our protective dome. Well, just a normal day. I went back to bed and just plugged on noise cancels.

.•°•°•.

"Kai, Kai wake up." Someone shook me.

I looked at the person with my eyes half opened and it turns out it was just my mom.

"Sweetie, me and your dad are just going to buy something. Just stay inside okay."

"But mom it's too-" Before I can finish my sentence, my mom kissed my forehead and went out.

"It's too dangerous to go outside..." I mumbled as I checked the level of radioactivity of the sun on my phone and it is indeed dangerous to go out with this type of sun.

I went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. I washed up a bit then I went back to my bedroom. I stared at the window and just thinking of stuff. When will I ever go outside like a "normal" person? When will I experience the things that the people from thousand years ago experienced? When can I breathe in natural oxygen instead of manmade ones?

I just huffed and laid down on my bed. My phone suddenly rang. I was thinking that it might be mom or dad since they're the only people who has my phone number.

I checked the caller and it was an unknown number. I furrowed my brows together since I do not really recognize the caller. I just answered the call cuz it might be my parents but they're using another person's phone.

"Hello who's this?" The person at the other line asked.

Why did this person even call me but doesn't know who I am???

"Um... It's Kai." I answered. The other line was quiet for a bit.

"Oh um... hi Kai... I'm Y/N and... my friends just dared me to call a stranger so I'm really sorry if I'm disturbing you..."

Oh thank goodness it's not a stranger that will kill me.

"I-it's okay. I'm actually pretty bored right now and I kinda want to talk to someone."

"Well... I can talk to you!" Y/N said with a cheerful voice. I let out a small smile, knowing that I can finally talk to someone other than my family.

The first couple of minutes, we introduced ourselves to each other properly and got to know each other. I'm surprised that I'm starting to become comfortable to a person that I just met.

For all of a sudden, meteors were suddenly starting to hit the dome. It was stronger that the ones before.

"Kai what's going on there?"

I didn't answer because I saw a small crack at the dome. I felt the color drained out of me. Once the there's a crack on the dome, we're doomed.

It finally stopped and I didn't noticed that Y/N was trying to call me.

"Kai are you okay??? What was that???"

"I'm fine... I'm fine... It's just a bunch of meteors falling no big deal." I chuckled. Come on it's 3020, these things happen all the time.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT'S NOT A BIG DEAL??? YOU MIGHT BE SERIOUSLY INJURED RIGHT NOW. HOW COME YOU'RE FINE WITH METEORS FALLING??? THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME." Wait what?

"Y/N chill out, It's now 3020. These type of stuff happen all the time. You should've been used to these things by now."

The other line fell into dead silence.

"W-wait. 3020???"

"Yeah it's 3020. Pft what are you? Living in a different year?"

"B-but it's still 2020..." I freezed on my spot. 2020? But that's like 1,000 years ago?

"Y-you're joking, right?"

"I-I'm not joking. But you're the one who is joking, r-right?"

I swallowed the lump on my throat. "I-I'm not j-joking."

The other line became silent again. After a few minutes it was still silent until I finally realized that she hung up on me.

I sighed. I just thought that maybe she's just bored and decided to prank call someone. I combed my hair with my fingers because of the wave of curiosity that's flowing over me.

I heard the door unlock indicating that my parents are probably back.

"Hyuka we're home!" I brushed off the feeling that's inside me and just helped my parents.

.•°•°•.

It was finally night time. I was just lying on my bed still thinking about Y/N. I know that she might be joking about her living in 2020, but what if she does live in 2020? Then I can ask her about the things of a normal person. The feeling of breathing in fresh air. Maybe... I can ask her what Ginkgo trees looks like. I've only heard Gingko trees in books. The way they describe it, it might looks so beautiful.

My thoughts were disturbed when my phone rang. I answered right away, thinking that it's maybe Y/N.

"Hey Kai..."

"Hey..." I said awkwardly.

"So you live in 3020 huh?"

"Yeah..."

"So... What is life in 3020? Is it more luxurious? Did the Earth became a better place?" I wasn't really expecting her asking these kinds of questions.

"Uhm... Life in 3020 is more difficult. The oxygen we breathe here is manmade, which means we have to pay for it. The climate became worse. Only a few people, including me, got to live in domes so we can be protected by the sun, meteors and harsh weathers."

"Oh..." I can sense the disappointment in her voice. She must've been expecting a better and comfortable future. I felt bad for telling her that.

"And what do you mean by only some people got to live in domes?" I knew she might ask this but the answer is pretty harsh.

"W-well... Here in South Korea, we only have 5 domes that are safe to use. 1 dome can only hold up to 1,000 families. People who are in the higher class got to live first in the domes. Luckily, my family was wealthy enough to be included. But unfortunately, people who are not in the upper class has to live outside of the domes and have to figure out ways on how survive in this type of... world. They would have to wait until the other domes are finished."

Thinking of the people living outside the dome just made me feel really guilty because of how many difficulties they're facing.

"I feel bad for you..." Y/N whispered.

"Y/N. Can you tell me more about your time?" I know I can't see her but for some reason, I felt her smile a little.

"Here in 2020... There's this stupid virus that's spreading which means we can only stay inside our homes... But I'm gonna tell you the better things that happened before the pandemic." Pandemic? I heard of that when I was reading history books.

"Here in the province, the air is just always fresh. Near our house, there's this trail of Gingko trees. Every autumn, me and my family would visit there. There's also an open field where I would always run around and relax under the warm sun."

I feel jealous that she gets to live a peaceful life while me... It almost feels like I'm living in hell.

"Oh sorry Kai, I need to do something. Let's talk tomorrow. Bye~" Then she hung up.

I stared at the ceiling, imagining that I'm laying on the soft green grass with the warm sun hitting my face and... Y/N is lying beside me. The thought just made me smile.

.•°•°•.

"After all the hardwork, I finally made into the high honors!" Many months have already passed and Y/N told me that the vaccine was finally distributed and she's back living her normal life.

"How about you Kai? Did something interesting happened there?"

"Well... We're finally gonna live in a new planet." I smile widely thinking that I will finally live a better life than this hell hole.

"Really!? That's great news!" I chuckled at her cute and cheerful reaction.

"And, we're finally gonna transfer to that planet tomorrow night!"

"Kai once you get there, tell me all about it!"

"Don't worry, I'll tell you everything."

.•°•°•.

It was finally the time we're gonna transfer to a new home. It was 10 in the evening but I never felt so awake in my entire life.

We were waiting in line to get inside the ship. There were so many people around us. I felt the excitement rushing over me. I fished in my pocket to grab my phone so I can tell Y/N that we're about to board the ship. But my pockets were empty. I searched thru my backpack but it was also not there. I finally remembered that I left it in my bedroom.

I turned around and thinking about my decision. I might not get back in time and the ship might leave without me. But, hearing Y/N's voice was the only thing that keeps me sane.

Without hesitation, I bolted thru the crowd while bumping a bunch of people.

"Kai get back here!" My dad shouted.

My parents tried to run after me but the guards blocked them. I can hear my mom's cries as I ran farther and farther.

I ran and ran until I finally reached our house. I went inside and ran up to my room. I opened every drawer and cabinet. I finally saw my phone on my bed.

I searched thru my contacts and found Y/N. As I was about to press the call button, I saw the door of the ship close. I already know it was too late. I lied down on my bed and stared at the ship outside that's about to lift off any minute. I pressed the call button and I was greeted by Y/N's soft voice.

"Kai is there something wrong?" I can sense the concern in her voice.

"They're about to blast off anytime..." I said with a tired smile.

"What do you mean by 'they're'?"

"I went back to get you Y/N..." I chuckled.

"K-kai are you crazy?! Run back there! You can still make it!" I can hear her sniffing.

"I can't Y/N..." She started to cry hard which made my heart break into a million pieces.

"Kai you're so stupid! You're about to live a better life but you just...." She cried even hard. I felt a tear escape my eye.

"Shh Y/N... I will live a better life but somewhere far away from here, even far than the planet that they're going."

"Kai you can just leave Earth without me..."

"I can't leave you Y/N... I just can't live a life without hearing your voice..." She cried softly.

"You are so stupid..."

I saw the ship blast off. I guess... I'm now the last man living on Earth.

"Y/N..." She only hummed.

"The stars are so pretty tonight... I can imagine us lying down in an open field while looking at those beautiful stars and the moon will be shining brightly above us..."

"That will be lovely..." She said between sniffs.

"Y/N... Please promise to not hang up on me okay?"

"I won't, I promise..."

I hummed her a lullaby so she can calm down.

"Shhh... It will be okay baby..."

I saw a bright light that is getting bigger and bigger. I smiled tiredly. I can finally live a peaceful life...

"I love you Y/N..."

"I... I love you too Kai..." I hear her snoring softly, indicating that she's sleeping. The bright light was wrapping around me. Another tear escaping my eye.

"I love you so much Y/N..."

.•°•°•.

Y/N POV

I woke up with tears on my face. I wiped them away thinking what made me cry this much.

I saw my phone beside me with call ended written on the screen.

I didn't remember what happened last night. The only thing I remember was...

"I love you so much Y/N..."

Maybe It's just my imagination.

.•°T H E  E N D°•.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 21.1K 11
bUCKLE up folks - fasten ur seatbelts and get ready for the r i d e of ur life🤡 welcome to the best and only taegyu fanfiction to exist on the int...
333K 4.9K 32
this book includes fluff and angst !! [UPDATE: i don't take requests for imagines anymore. sorry 😅]
75.6K 5.1K 53
◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ A skateboy with 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 is beyond dangerous for a rich boy lived in 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ Dystopian action romance (angst/ fluff/ smut) ✔...
1.5K 87 8
where Taehyun falls in love with a boy he expected to be sweet, preppy and perfect but turns out to be the complete opposite ✩ cover by me!! started...