To Protect

By JanieKayne

Harry never knew his Father James Potter had a little sister. That he had other options besides living with t... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117

98

26.4K 907 656
By JanieKayne

"HE IS NOT DEAD!"

The sound of Harry's roar had bounced off the walls and rang in Eleanor's ears.

It seemed like all of the repressed emotion she had kept in since her brothers own death had been unleashed once again.

Eleanor was seen hunched over, digging her nails in the back of her head — proceeding to unravel heaving sobs followed by inaudible words that escaped from her quivering lips.

All she was trying to do was save her nephew. She thought she was going to sacrifice her own life by doing so and she was okay with that. Instead Lucius chose to punish her; rather than letting her make that sacrifice.

It was all her fault.

She was the reason he was gone.

Over the crying— Eleanor was also trying to comprehend what was going on around her surroundings. Bellatrix and Lucius had disappeared behind one of the passage ways, a tearful Remus was holding onto Harry for dear life to try and keep him back, Kingsey and Madeye Moody had most of the Death Eaters cornered and began to tie them with enchanted ropes. Tonks was seen standing over Thomas's body with a remorseful expression.

"No.." Eleanor croaked while she tried to push herself up, but only stumbled over herself before she made her way to the body.

Thomas's brown eyes stared ahead, they were incredibly dull and dazed. Blood had been running down the corners of his mouth. A bruised mark was aligned with his throat and his body stiff and lifeless.

Eleanor grapped the mans arm. Her fingers pressed on his wrist and searched for a pulse, but a heartbeat couldn't be found.

Not even a spell would be able to bring him back even if she tried.

Thomas King was dead.

Eleanor felt a rush of defeat come over her.

Two minutes had passed and she already lost Sirius and an old friend— an ex brother- in- law.

The first thing she thought of was how Ted was going to handle the news of his brothers passing.

A strong sense of guilt and sadness washed over her again.

She sobbed once more and continued to hold onto his forearm.

"Harry! NO!" Remus's yell had caused Eleanor turn her head just in time to watch her nephew break free from his grip and run through the same passage way Bellatrix and Lucius walked through.

She watched him disappear before her very own eyes.

Immediately she stood herself up and began to follow him at apace.

"El don't!" Remus had begged, but she ignored him and sought after Harry behind the passage way.

Tonks had to practically hold Remus back from letting him going after her.

"Harry!" Eleanor exclaimed as she looked around the pitch black room she had entered. The sound of his spiriting footsteps ahead of her became more distant after the sound of a door slaming shut echoed the room.

"Lumos." She brought her wand out to see what had been in front of her.

Eleanor was standing in front of five different passage ways besides the one she had walked out of. Harry could have gone through any of them.

An overwhelmingly emotional cry escaped from her throat before she ran over to the doors and began to open the one on the far left — locked.

Second door — locked.

Third door — locked.

Each door she had used a unlocking spell, wiggled the doorknob, kicked, punched and pushed violently with her shoulder.

None of them opened or broke, but she was sure enough she had broke one of her fingers on that last door.

A slightly uncomfortable grunt lefts her lips as she held onto her hand and slumped down against to door.

She was so emotionally exhausted that she felt too physically and mentally weak to do anything.

Eleanor had let Sirius die and now she couldn't get a bloody door open to save Harry.

"Is somebody having a rough night?"

Eleanor frowned bitterly at the ground after the thickly cold voice spoke from in front of her.

She didn't need to look up to know that Lucius Malfoy was standing in the corner of the room hidding in the shadows. 

Eleanor felt her stomach turn and face grow red. The grip on her wand had tightened as her body shivered anxiously.

His slow footsteps moved around her. Pacing the room and drew near to her figure that refused to look at him.

"It's not that I've intended on it being this way Ms Potter..." His voice came closer and softer, "My only purpose tonight was to retrieve a prophecy that you foolishly decided to break—"

"Fuck you!" She shouts at the top of her lungs now pointing her shaking wand at him. The light coming from her wand illuminated his sculpted features and crystal blue eyes. He stood aside from her with his expression remaining the same as before. Lucius didn't even bat an eyelash at her, "You're a real foul son of a bitch, you know that?! You were given what you wanted when you had the chance, but you still threatened those children! That prophecy wasn't the only thing he wanted you to get and you know it! Voldemort sent you here expecting a fight!"

The truthful assumption that left her lips only made Lucius tilt his head slightly in amazement. He was a bit suprised she even spoke of the dark lords name, "Clever girl," his low voice became soft, "But I believe there is a wrong in the assumption you've decided to piece together. You see, the dark lord didn't send me here to fight..."

Her lips quivered violently, "BULLSHIT!"

Bowing his head down slightly, Lucius stared at her broken form which he caused himself. A mess of a woman she was— holding onto her wand for dear life... how sad. "The dark lord sent me here to take care of business and to finish what Barty Crouch Jr didn't accomplish."

Her heart dropped.

"STUPEF—"

"Quiet." Lucius's cane had swung in the air, roughly hitting the side of her head and instantly knocking her out.

Her vision slowly blurred away, the last faint image she saw was Lucius Malfoy slouching down on his toes as he tilted his head; watching her fall into complete unconsciousness along with the fresh blood that leaked in her scalp.

—Flashes of light, shouting voices, demonic laughter, the sound of rumbling and the feeling of the cold floor below her shaking vigorously—

Am I dead?

This can't be heaven...

Where is James?

Sirius can you hear me?

Mum? Dad?

Anybody?

The lights stopped flashing, no more shouting voices, no more demotic laughter, the rumbling had stopped —

"Where is she?!" The sound of Remus's voice suddenly echoed.

She felt her head being raised up slightly and put back down on a higher level.

"Hey there, Little El." Her head rested in Remus's lap as his hands brushed through her hair trying to avoid the bleeding cut on the side of her head. He was whispering and sniffing away tears. He sounded so broken. "It's okay, when you wake up I'll tell you everything, alright?"

"P—Professor Adler!" Neville's worried voice appeared.

Remus hushed the boy, "She's hit her head really hard... let her rest."

"Poor girl was struck by my own worker." Spoke another voice. It sounded like Cornelius Fudge. He was talking behind Remus, "Lucius Malfoy will taken into custody and sent to Azkaban for his crimes, along with a few Death Eaters both Kingsey and Moody had caught ahold of." Fudges attention was focused on the woman for a moment, "Will she be alright? Perhaps we should take her off your hands—"

"No..No, She's fine." Remus continued to comfort her unconscious form. He protectively held onto her tighter, "She's fine with me. I'll take her and Harry home."

Dumbledore seemed to be joining the conversation. Eleanor could hear him clear his throat quietly.

"What?" Remus asked defensively.

"I'm afraid I can't allow that to happen, they aren't safe together. Not now. Tom Riddle now knows her face... Harry being with her is just as dangerous as Harry being out in the open in his reach." Dumbledore tried to explain, "The safest option is to place her back where she was before and keep them separated until the beginning of September... that is if she's still wanting to teach after such a traumatic experience."

AN: I swear I wrote ten different versions of this chapter and it's still really short. Anyhow, This is pretty much it for Order of the Phoenix. Other than that, I love you guys, sorry for the week late update !! Much love 🖤 !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 36 2
The Dursleys are dead and Harry learns that he still has family, James and Lily were not his parents. Harry has a mysterious brother who ignores his...
5.9K 115 19
We all know of the 𝗜𝗻𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗣𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 and his story. But what if he had a sister, a sister that he never told his friends of, a...
3.5M 102K 32
What if Lily Evans had another sister? What if that sister was a marauder and an animagus? What if she married Remus? And what if she found out Harry...
464K 16.2K 29
. ❝ PLEASE S T A Y , I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE. ❞ ❝ I'M AFRAID I ...