64

There was an unusual calmness in the way Sirius wrote his letter to Eleanor the next morning

He wrote about the bad news briefly, but clarified it with him talking to Harry about it.

Eleanor didn't know what that meant. If he was meeting up with Harry or sending him a letter, but she chose to not question it as Sirius had also written
I'll have things sorted out the best I can, my dearest. Rest now, leave the rest to me.

But by the next day Eleanor had found out that Harry was officially a contender and will be challenged with whatever task the Tournament has brought upon him.

She did not take that kindly.

"So that's it then... you're not going to do anything to stop it?" Eleanor looked up at Bartemius Crouch. She stood in Dumbledore's office, hoping to get a different answer.

Mr Crouch stared at the young Professor with a mildly concerned frown, "Ms, I'm afraid I can't. It's the binding wizardry contract. He must compete." He spoke calmly, "But I will say, Harry Potter is an extraordinary boy. If he put his name in the goblet—"

"He didn't." She replied sharply

Mr. Crouch clenched his jaw,"—if someone else put his name in the goblet, then so be it. I've heard stories from the ministry, I've heard what that boy has survived within the past few years and prior... he is sure to handle a few tasks." Mr Crouch went on but as he kept talking Eleanor could only shake her head at the thought of Harry being in danger again.

She felt like pulling her hair out. This wasn't just a boy, this was her nephew, a son to her. She couldn't bare the thought of these people letting this happen.

"Do you hear yourself?" She blinked at him, "Bloody hell, If someone put his name into the goblet of fire, they obviously want him dead." Eleanor now crossed her arms.

"And we will make sure that we take careful precautions, in the history of triwizard tournaments nothing that severe has occurred near to death." Mr crouch had clarified.

Eleanor narrowed her eyes at him. "Yeah, well... severe things had happened in the past few years that has never happened in the history of Hogwarts..."

Mr crouch watched as she turned around, beginning to leave Dumbledore's empty office.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this." He had brought up, "and neither should you tell any of the contenders... but the first task, it involves dragons." He had spoke up.

Eleanor stood at the door before nodding her head.

"Thanks for the heads up." She muttered before leaving the room.

Everyone had been talking about it, Harry Potter, the boy who lived— being a contender in the tournament.

But just because everyone was talking about it, it doesn't mean they were happy about it.