41

Sirius Black is in the castle or at least he was

Eleanor touched the ruins of the scratched up painting that guarded the opening to the Dormitory where the fat lady used to be. Her eyes slowly fell to the ground as she did. The scratches looked to be made by some wild beast. A monster.

Eleanor knew Sirius Black was coming when she was at Hogsmeade village, she knew it but she was too late as he had raced faster than she did to come back. If it wasnt for Remus who took her nephew for a walk, Black could have gotten Harry. He could have been killed and she wouldn't have been there to protect him.

"Professor Adler," Said filch from behind her. "Headmaster Dumbledore sends you to your chamber immediately."

Eleanor turned around staring hardly at the caretaker of Hogwarts. "I'm not tired."

"Its not a request." He spits out with an annoyed tone.

With a frown Eleanor passed by the scraggly man, even though she didnt want to belive it, she knew why Dumbledore would send her to her chamber unlike any of the other staff members. If Sirius Black was in the castle he could easily be hunting for not just Harry but her as well.

Eleanor walked as Filch walked behind her under dumbledores orders to make sure she gets to her room safely. Once she reached her door he was grateful to leave as his cat followed behind.

It was unnoticed until Eleanors eyes had dropped to the door that was already creaked open.

Her door was always shut and locked.

Why was it open?

In her mind, she was telling herself to get filch who already left the corridor completely, but her actions did the opposite. As her wand was in hand and the other pushing open the door.

The slow creek of the door had risen her anxiety, eyeballing the room before stepping in completely.

She looked around, everything seemed to be in place but there was a sense of movement with her belongings.

Someone had definitely been in her room.

Her eyes followed a trail of clues, the usual neat bed spread looked to have an indent at the end of the bed, like someone was sitting down. Across from the bed was a dresser where a framed photo had been misplaced by lying down instead of standing up, it was a photo of Her and James, James was giving fourth year Eleanor a piggyback ride. Eleanor squinted her eyes, seeing a dirty smudge across her imageon the picture, like someone had wiped it with their finger.

The aroma was different, like a ghost of presence that had belong to a familiar soul.

Sirius Black had been in her room.

"He was in here." She whispers, Placing the photo back up she felt a breeze and now realized that her window was wide open letting in the cold air in as the curtains blew with the calm wind of midday.