91

Her body shivered as she walked though the cold London streets

If she hadn't been so sneaky, she would've walked down stairs and grabbed Sirius's heavy coat before she left the house.

Of course that wasn't an option during the time since he didn't have a clue that she left besides a note she left back home, if he read it that is.

It frustrated her, the first time she'd ever seen Sirius mad at her was because she was going out with a friend... of course she felt the sudden need to feel bad for Sirius.

Sirius hated Severus and lying about where she was going wasn't going to make the situation any better— so of course she told him.

And of course he reacted in such a way.

Maybe she was doing the wrong thing for leaving Sirius and Harry alone on Christmas eve...

It had been too late to turn around as the idea was still lingering in her mind. She was starting to feel guilty, but she continued to walk towards the raggid wizardry pub.

Severus had been standing outside in the cold waiting for her. She noticed his tall figure from a distance leaning on the brick building holding two gift boxes. He kept checking his watch.

A smile krept on her face for the first time that night.

"Hey!" Eleanor called as his head shot up her direction, "You didn't have to wait outside in the cold, I would've met you inside."

Severus did a little shrug, "I'm fine—Where's your jacket?"

He eyed her only seeing she had a turtle neck sweater on for warmth.

Eleanor did the same shrug, "I'm fine."

"Hold these." He handed the gifts towards her which she jumbled with in suprise.

She watched as he took off his ebony coloured coat and wrapped it around her shoulders.

"You didn't have to do that." She commented

"I don't have to do a lot of things." Severus opened the door with a wink, "Ladies first."

A slight blush creeped across her cheeks as she brushed passed him inside the dirty pub.

It had been relatively crowded, it was a mix of casual drunks and family relatives staying for the holiday.

Overall, it was a weird mix of people.

Eleanor was led by Severus who had already picked out a table in the back corner of the room.

They sat in silence for a moment until a bartender with an obvious glass eye had brought over a prepaid glass bottle.

"Champagne?" Eleanor asked while she watched Severus pour the bottle into two glasses.

"Yeah, why not?" He looked at Eleanor through his eyelashes, "Besides, I'd rather order by the bottle than having it made by a man with one eye." He muttered the last part, "This place is sketchier by the minute."