100

"You know," Seria stated after she had grown tired of the silence in the room, "Dumbledore isn't requiring your teaching this year

"You know," Seria stated after she had grown tired of the silence in the room, "Dumbledore isn't requiring your teaching this year. You're allowed the break if needed—"

"I don't need a break, Seria." Eleanor softly replied while she poured two glasses of whatever wine had been left from her cupboard.

Eleanors trunk had already been packed and ready for tomorrow's departure.

The woman walked back to the small kitchen table where her best friend had sat quietly. She placed another glass of wine by seria who thanked her even though she had no intentions in drinking another glass.

"I need to be where Harry is at." Eleanor tried to explain her reasoning.

"I understand that." the blonde woman spoke up, "I'm happy you're going... just a bit worried is all."

For weeks Seria has watched Eleanor spend most of her days distant. Drinking from bottles of liquor and smoked through packs of cigarettes. It bothered her to see her friend in such distress, but she didn't know how to cope with someone who has lost their loved ones. Not like Eleanor at least.

Eleanor sighed before shoving a cigarette in her mouth and met it with a lighter, "You don't need to worry about me. I'm fine."

All Seria could do was blink at her. Her eyes trailed off to Eleanor's hand that still wore the gold band Sirius had given her.

She wondered if Eleanor was ever going to take it off.

"How is Harry?" She asked instead

A slight shrug came from Eleanor. "He's been with Molly... he seems to be doing alright though. At least he has his friends with him." Eleanor blew away a cloud of smoke.

"Thats good." Seria whispered with a slight smile on her lips, "I'm happy he has friends like that to help him through these hard times."

Eleanor nods slowly while her mind went else where.

They sat in silence for a moment before Eleanor had spoken up once again.

"It should have been me taking care of him." Seria heard Eleanor sniff as a tear threatened to fall down her cheek. "Not that wretched family of Lily's or Molly..."

Quickly, Serias hand had reached across the table to comfort her own."You had no say so in the situation you're in."

"Do you know what it feels like to lose the people you love and you weren't able to do anything about it?" Eleanor asked while she had finally let a tear drop fall.

Seria's face had stiffened as her eyes glimmered into Eleanor's own.

She stayed silent.

"I could have done something about it." She flicked her cigarette into a nearby ash tray, "James was a different story, but Sirius died because of me."