Love Me Again: Business Marri...

Par Princess--

Matt and Veronica shared a love story. A love story that failed to have a happy ever after. Both of them thou... Plus

[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 10]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Epilogue]

[Chapter 8]

18.7K 468 28
Par Princess--

Chapter 8

Matt has waited for almost an hour now. But they had plenty of time. The party starts at six. He didn’t want to go but he had to support his sister. It was the first time that Elaiza has accepted responsibility. And besides he had many business deals to propose to their partners. It will be good for Veronica to meet the circle.

But he preferred staying at home with his wife. He didn’t know he’d be thankful of his sister’s visit. He felt less and less guilty seeing Veronica smiling, even if it was pretend. And she kissed him back. She always did. The chemistry was there, he couldn’t avoid it.

Matt glanced at his watch.

“We’re done!” Frenzy squealed. “Oh, so, so beautiful!”

He sat up when he heard the stilettos. He stopped breathing for a few seconds when he saw Veronica. He didn’t know how many minutes he stared at her. Veronica stood a few feet away from him, looking at him and waiting for a response.

“Is it okay?” she asked. He gulped.

“You look–” he smiled at the gay and the other two girls. “Good work, guys!” he stood up and chuckled.

“You mean girls, duh!” Frenzy said, laughing. Matt’s eyes were glued to Veronica. She was indeed very beautiful. She chose the emerald green dress which fitted her curves perfectly. Her neck was bare and it showed her sexy shoulder blades. Suddenly, his throat went dry.

“Our work is done, Mr. and Mrs. Elezar,” Frenzy told them, hanging up the dresses on the rack and packing up his makeup.

“Thank you so much, girls! You saved the day!” Veronica laughed.

Matt thanked them and walked them to the door. When he turned around, his wife was looking at him. He approached her and offered her an arm.

“Shall we?” he asked. There was a faint smile on the corner of her lips. He felt his pulse accelerate.

“Thank you,”

“Why do you have to be so beautiful, my wife?” he suddenly said. It was the same feeling he felt on their wedding day. He was deeply mesmerized by her beauty.

But he wasn’t in love.

●●●

“Here we are,” he drew a slow breath as he parked the car. “Ready?”

He saw the nervous expression on her face, but she managed to nod. “We have to do this perfectly, right?”

“Right,” he replied, assisting her out of the car.

“Wait, how do I look?”

He cleared his throat. “Perfect.”

Veronica looked at him and smiled.

●●●

Mr. Elezar immediately greeted them when they arrived. There was a big grin on his face when he saw Veronica. And he gave Matt the I-told-you-so look.

Veronica instantly drew a lot of attention. And Matt found himself trying to contain his fists from punching every guy who was trying to flirt with Veronica. He didn’t want to leave her but there were plenty of business people he had to talk to. He felt better when Elaiza came. His sister made a lot of heads turn too. She wasn’t so little anymore. Matt felt protective of her with those stares but he felt more protective of his wife.

Jealousy? Oh, cut it out.

When they heard the clinging of the glass, everyone turned and looked at Mr. Elezar. By this time, Matt managed to be beside his wife and held her close.

“I want to thank you all for coming. It’s been a long time since we all gathered together just for the party and forgot about business. Though I know, we talk about it all the time.” Mr. Elezar smiled and his eyes scanned the room. “I would like to make a toast,” he raised his glass. “For my daughter Elaiza who will be running the San Diego’s chain of hotels,” Elaiza stood up and bowed to everyone. “And for my son, Matthew Simon who is now bestowed the responsibility I used to hold in all the San Diego’s businesses.”

Matt’s eyebrows met. People whispered. His Dad gestured him to come to the front. He had no choice but to go. He held Veronica’s hand as they made their way to the stage.

“For the best of the company,” Matt raised his glass. “Cheers!”

“Cheers!”

Everything happened so fast that Veronica could barely move. Matt just.. Matt just got his inheritance.. She couldn’t even swallow the wine in her mouth. And when she finally did, she tasted bitterness instead of its sweetness.

“Hey, you okay?” Elaiza asked, putting her hand on Veronica’s back.

“Congratulations!” she exclaimed and gave her sister-in-law a hug.

“Thanks,” she smiled, but her expression grew serious. “I know you’re worried. I can read it in your eyes.”

Veronica looked at her. And in the corner of her eyes, she watched her husband shake hands with their company’s business partners.

“No. It’s just–”

“You don’t need to explain. I understand, Veronica. He’ll be twice as busy. He’ll be twice as tired. And he’ll be irritable. In short, he’ll be a pain in the ass. The position Dad left him is not a joke.”

I’m not really worried about that… she said to herself. It just so happened that Matt had no reason to be married to her anymore.

Fear was eating her heart out. Oh yes, she’s hated him for the past few days. But… she didn’t know if she could handle herself when that day comes that he would want to have a divorce. Because all along, she knew, she wasn’t pretending. She loved him and she knew she would die the moment she loses him.

Was this really happening? She firmly closed her eyes. The only thing that would keep their marriage is her father’s life. She bit her bottom lip.

A few seconds later, the music came on. Couples came to the center and slow danced.

“Hon?”

Matt wrapped his arm around her waist. Her pulse was fast.

“Let’s dance,” he said. She followed him to the center. The light was getting dimmer and a familiar song came on. She shook her head. It must be Elaiza.

You’re my everything

The sun that shines above you

Makes the bluebirds sing

The stars that twinkle way up in the sky

Tell me I’m in love

When I kiss your lips

I feel the rolling thunder to my finger tips

And all the while my head is in a spin

Deep within, I’m in love

Veronica felt so peaceful listening to the singer’s beautiful voice. She put her hand on Matt’s neck and lay her face on his shoulder. She closed her eyes. Can’t they be like this after 50 years? Her Dad will be like, 112 then. If only her Dad was healthier… She sighed.

“Of all people, you have the weirdest reaction regarding my promotion considering you are my wife.” Matt whispered.

“I’m sorry,” she said, hiding her face to keep him from seeing whatever expression she had on. “There’s just a lot on my mind.”

“You’re upset,”

After a long pause, Veronica replied, “No,”

“Then what is it? People are looking at us, Veronica. And you’re so beautiful that you draw a lot of attention. And people are seeing you sad.”

She felt her cheeks redden. She wished Matt meant those compliments and not because it’s part of their pretensions. Because she felt good hearing them from him.

“I’m just worried,” she admitted. Her voice was scratchy, thick with emotions.

“Of what?”

“Of you.” Her voice told him something was wrong.

“Of me,” he kept his voice low, but sounded impatient. “Elaborate further please.”

Veronica sighed. This was the first time they really got to talk. Just like the old days. Is it because there were other people around? Would he talk to her if it was only the two of them?

“It’s nonsense, Matt.”

“I’d pretty much like to listen to nonsense actually.”

“The deal…” she suddenly muttered. She felt him stop dancing. “I’m worried you might–”

“Look at me,” he said in a flat tone.

She raised her head up and looked at him.

“Is that how little you think of me?”

She looked down, not being able to handle his stare. He looked hurt and mad at the same time. She felt the tension between them.

“I just wanted to make sure,” she told him, trying to calm her tone even though her heart was pounding so loud she was going deaf. She saw his jaws clench.

“I honor my word, Veronica.” Suddenly he was cold as ice. Like the first time they met after 10 years.

She smiled bitterly. “I’d hold on to that.”

“Be my guest, my wife,” his tone was sarcastic.

“We might as well seal our deal with a kiss,” she uttered when she saw people watching them because they were the only pair not dancing.

Matt took a deep breath. “Why do you always do that?” he whispered irritably.

“Do what?”

“Make me kiss you when I don’t want to!”

Her heart sank. So, he really didn’t want to kiss her. She felt her eyes water.

“Is that smear-proof?”

“What?” she asked trying to keep her voice from cracking.

“Never mind,” he lowered his head and kissed her.

And Veronica was lost again. She let Matt devour her. He sucked her breath and she clung closer to him, gasping for air. Her lips felt sore but she could care less. She kissed him wantonly like there was no tomorrow. Suddenly, there were just two of them. And all that mattered to her was Matt’s lips on hers. She felt something poking near her abdomen. She felt her face turn hot and her heartbeat went irregular. And they were on the dance floor!

They both tried to catch their breath when their lips departed. Veronica looked around and was surprised that every pair was kissing! Including Elaiza. Wait, was she smooching with the waiter?

She glanced at Matt. He was staring at her. And her stomach twisted as she read the desire in his eyes. When he suddenly pulled her she had no choice but to trail behind. And they found themselves in the powder room. The moment the door closed, Matt captured her lips hungrily and his hands were all over her body. She drew a deep breath and held on to his back as his lips went down to her neck, He was planting kisses on her shoulder blades. Nibbling and gently biting on some spots.

Veronica felt his hand on top of his chest. Kneading, bringing pleasure from all direction. She bit her lip to keep herself from moaning. His other hand searched for the zipper of her dress as her own hands were busy taking off his belt.

Matt moaned as he let her hands roam under his shirt. He captured her lips once more. And Veronica melted. When he couldn’t find the zipper, he looked for the hemline of her gown. She was shocked when she heard fabric being ripped.

“Take care of–” the gown. She wanted to say it but she let out a soft sound. She just felt his hands inside her.

They were startled when someone knocked on the door. They looked at each other, both gasping for air.

“Let’s go somewhere else,” he told her. Veronica opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. “Don’t make me beg, please.” He didn’t wait for a response. He pulled her into the hallway.

They found a vacant room. And the moment they locked the door, Veronica felt, eternity had begun.

Veronica felt like she was dreaming. Everything happened so fast. They were inside this dark room lying on a bed, completely naked. She had no clue where to find her clothes. But it was the least she could think of right now.

What just happened? She felt sore all over. All she knew was they made love over and over again.

She stared at the ceiling. There was nothing else to hear but their breathing. She had no idea what time it was but the music still blared outside. His skin was warm, smooth, and firm beneath hers. She lay in his arms, embracing him. Can’t she stay here forever?

She was wondering what he was thinking. Was he thinking about what just happened? Making love wasn’t part of the deal. Or… was it really lovemaking or plain sex for him? Suddenly, she felt bitterness in her heart..

She called out his name during their climax. And when they both reached the peak, she whispered I love you.

Veronica felt ashamed, because he didn’t say anything at all. He just kissed her fully in the mouth. Well, at least he didn’t mention Bianca. That was a good sign. And he was still holding her up to this moment.

They should get up now. Put their clothes back on. But he felt so wonderfully comfortable holding Veronica in his arms. Her smooth, soft and velvety skin felt just so good against his. She just smells so good.

“Matt,” she called him. There was no sign of light anywhere, except for the faint, dim light coming from outside.

“We better get up,” she whispered while she sat up. “Matt?” she shook him.

“Mmm..” he pulled her back down and hugged her. Matt heard her chanting his name while they were making love. And she whispered something. Was it I love you? He couldn’t explain his feelings. Was he really happy? Or was it just because of the pleasure of their joined bodies? Crap!

Okay. He still finds her gorgeous. He was somehow convinced that the word ‘gorgeous’ was made just for her. But that doesn’t mean anything at all. He might be addicted to her. He might do crazy things for her, like what he just did now. But that doesn’t imply something. She can satisfy his needs. She can fill him up. She can drive him nuts. But it’s nothing serious. Not at all. She might affect his moods all the time but that’s normal. That happens a lot.

He might change some of his views about how he should treat her, but that was his conscience. It’s nothing big.

He might feel happy now, an emotion he ceased to feel a long, long time ago. Yeah, a bit strange but manageable. Life is just good, why should he be miserable?

He might consider forgetting the pains from the past. Like, he can maybe forgive her…

He firmly closed his eyes. Now, that’s trouble.

“I’ll find our clothes,” he said and got up, searching the floor for their clothing. It took them several minutes to find the pieces of their clothes. He helped her put on her gown..

“Matt,” Veronica sounded concerned.

“Yeah?”

“I can’t find my-” Although he couldn’t see her, he could feel her cheeks burning.

“Your?” he couldn’t help but smile a little.

“My undies!” she scowled in a whisper.

“Oh, I ripped it off,” he said. “It’s actually in my pocket.”

“You what?” her voice got louder.

“Don’t worry, I’ll buy you a new one.”

“Matt!”

“Ssh.. It’s okay. Nobody will know.” He assured her then kissed her forehead.

Veronica felt really uncomfortable without something underneath. She just hoped that the party would end soon. When they left the room, they went directly to the powder room. Veronica’s eyes widened at their appearance. They were worse than victims of a tsunami. She swiftly combed her hair with her fingers and left her hair down. She was busy putting on her lipstick when she glanced at Matt. He was looking at her. When she finished fixing herself up, she faced her husband and fixed the collar of his tuxedo.

“I really wish they have something smear-proof.” He suddenly said.

“Huh?” Veronica asked, her forehead wrinkled.

He didn’t answer, but he was staring at her lips.

“Oh,” she muttered when she understood what he meant. “I wished so, too.”

Matt was going to kiss her again but someone unexpectedly came in.

“We better go.” She told him. Who knows where they would’ve gone to next.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

14.5K 479 20
What happens when you have a pact with your best friend that you're marrying each other on a certain date? Everything looks like you're going to marr...
149K 8.6K 49
A mixup of college and office romance.. Story of two lovers who love each other from bottom of their heart but a misunderstanding got them separated...
8.7K 259 24
10 years after everyone split up and pursued their dreams they are brought back to Riverdale for Veronica and Reggies wedding. What will happen when...
6.1K 0 4
"I really.. really want to kiss you..." He leaned in even closer. I wouldn't want anything more right now either.. "So then kiss me..." My heartbe...