The Revenge Of A Lycan | On H...

Por Love_Yourself_10_x

#1 in Lycantrophe #4 Supernatural "Please don't go," I pleaded, grabbing his wrist as he was about to leave... Más

00 | prologue
01 | complains
03 | chases
04 | laughs
05 | struggles
06 | attempts
07 | interactions
08 | witnesses
09 | dilemmas
10 | outbursts
11 | stresses
12 | discomforts
13 | humiliations
14 | revelations
15 | friends
16 | worries
17 | conversations
18 | waiting
19 | pain
20 | reality
21 | foresight
22 | divulge
23 | past
24 | memory
25 | heart of gold
26 | disrespect

02 | pressures

11.9K 494 178
Por Love_Yourself_10_x

"No matter how sincere people act, no one can deny the sinful pleasure you get out of gossiping."

-

02 | pressures

*Fleur London*

"Even Sabrina has found her mate now. And she's a couple of years younger to you. When are you going to find your mate?" Father asked me, in a rather livid tone.

"I'm still young, papa. I am sure I will find him soon." I said. "Do you think I should travel to different packs for mate hunt? Like other Alpha heirs do?"

"Are you nuts?" He said, his anger visibly rising. It's rare to see him like this. Maybe, he let's his emotions show in front of his family. Because otherwise, like when discussing business, he always has a blank face on and it's difficult to understand what he's thinking or feeling.

"You are not a regular Alpha heir. You are a female. Do you think it will look nice if you go around looking for a mate?" He added.

I pursed my lips. I didn't think there was anything wrong with a female looking for her mate. Why is okay for male Alphas to be desperate about finding mates but not female alphas?

"Maybe we can invite Alpha Heirs to our pack. In case one of them turns out to be our daughter's mate?" Mom suggested.

Father nodded, "I like the idea. Even though a few Alphas have been to our pack for mate hunt before, there are many who yet haven't. I'm certain one of them will turn out to be her mate."

"What if my mate is not an alpha?" I blurted out, without thinking and regretted it immediately upon seeing the expression on my father's face.

"Why won't he? You are the purest of the pure bloods. Your father is an Alpha, so was your grandfather. You mother is a daughter of an Alpha, who was himself pureblood. You will certainly have an Alpha as a mate. In fact, he'd be a very powerful Alpha. Someone who himself is pureblood. I'm sure of it."

Don't jinx it. I wanted to say. Because everytime someone is so sure of something in movies, so bad happens.

And I didn't even want to think about it.

<><><>

"Is it true?" Tammy whispered, as we were sneaking some ice cream out of the fridge to enjoy while watching movies late night.

Tammy is literally the only person of my age group that I talk to in this pack house.

And that is not because I approached it. I have always been too guarded to do that. It's because she approached me.

"Yup." I said. She was referring to Sabrina finding her mate. The news is quite a hot topic to talk about in the pack house these days.

"Woah." She breathed. "She really became the first out of us 3 to find her mate. I feel bad for her mate though." She snickered. "I wonder if she'll beat the shit out of him over tiny things like leaving the toilet seat up."

I snickered with her on this, as I remembered the incidence. Once, Sabrina had dated the gamma of a neighboring pack— which we never understood why. Once, when he came to visit her, he left the toilet seat of her washroom up. She said that it was inconsiderate of him to do so and got so angry at him that she literally broke one of his ribs. Needless to say, they broke up right away.

Man, she's scary.

Also, isn't this whole toilet seat thing silly? Why is it okay for women to leave it down when it is considered inconsiderate for men to keep it up?

"Aren't we so cruel? We're gossiping about her while she's sleeping." I said.

"No matter how sincere people act, no one can deny the sinful pleasure you get out of gossiping."

"I agree."

<><><>

"Don't you feel pressurised by what happened?" Tammy asked out of the blue.

I froze but a brief moment before putting an emotionless mask on.

"Pressured?" I asked in a blank tone. One that I had perfected over the years.

Rule no. 1- Never show your true emotions to anyone.

Why? Because you can never trust anyone.

"Yeah, I mean. I'm sure Alpha and Luna would have been upset and they would have put pressure on you to find your mate as soon as possible."

I took a sweet second before turning towards her.

"Why would they?" I asked. Cool as a cucumber.

She seemed confused. As if she had expected me to agree.

"I'm still young. I have enough time to find a mate."

"Yeah. That's true..." shd dragged on the last word. She must be feeling awkward.

"So how's your boyfriend?" I asked, suddenly. Just to lighten up the mood.

And it worked as her eyes lit up at the mention of her boyfriend.

"He's good. Great infact. Our date today was..." she started going on about her boyfriend and I smiled internally.

You did well, Fleur.

<><><>

Tammy has a human boyfriend. Something that is extremely frowned upon in our community. Had it been me in her place, my parents would have been livid.

"You can never have a boyfriend." Father had said. "Your mate will be an Alpha and Alphas are extremely possessive creatures. You don't want to upset him with past lovers."

And I had strictly abide by that. I never had a love relationship. Not even a fling.

Also, having gone to an all-werewolf school, decreased chances of human attraction to a large extent.

But Tammy's father is cool. She is the only daughter of our pack's gamma. Unfortunately, her mother passed away when she was just a baby. Her father is a sweetheart though. He never puts restrictions on her, atleast, that's what it seems like.

Our pack is special in a way that all the 3 highest positions will probably be inherited by women only.

Sabrina has a younger brother, and due to that, a lot of people used to say that he would be made the beta.

Beta females are not uncommon. But because I'm the only heir to the Alpha position and people are too narrow minded to handle women in the 2 highest positions, they suggested that her brother should become the beta.

However, her father is a very reasonable man. He said that he won't pass down his position on basis of gender.

But he said, that he won't pass it down on the basis of age either.

He will evaluate his two children secretly and then decide. So that both of them work hard and none of them takes the beta position for granted.

<><><>

"Wow, there are a lot of costumers today—" I started saying under my breath as I entered the restaurant I work in. I stopped once I saw Domingo.

I gave him a confused look. "Aren't you supposed to come in the shift after mine? Oh, maybe the owner called you because of workload." I answered my own question.

He looked up for a brief moment and then looked down at the coffee he was brewing again.

"Overtime." He said, quietly. "I'm working overtime."

"Oh. Why?" I asked impulsively.

He blinked and looked up. Without saying anything.

It took me a second to realize my mistake. I should have known better than asking that. It's too personal. We don't know each other like that.

"Oh my God, I am really sorry." I added hurriedly, "I shouldn't have asked that. Trust me, I'm mostly an extremely calculative and cautious person. I don't know why I keep acting so silly around you."

"It's okay." He murmured. But he didn't tell me why he was working overtime.

I don't know why I keep acting so recklessly around him. It's so unlike me.

Perhaps it was because he was a human.

I looked at him laying the tray for a couple who had ordered club sandwich. He worked quietly and stealthily. As if he didn't want to bother others with his presence. But he was deligent and efficient at the same time. As if he wanted to make a statement with his actions.

In that moment, I knew.

I am not behaving unlike myself because he is human.

It is because he's so mysterious.

<><><>

"Bye!" I said, as we closed to shop and were ready to leave. I made sure not to speak much after my epiphany. I didn't want to embarrass myself anymore.

Domingo nodded once, before waving his hand and walking away.

I too, started walking home. Which happened to be in the opposite direction as his.

The walk back home was the favorite part the day for me. It gave me time to contemplate and reflect on my activities.

Things I could improve on, beneficial things I could start including in my routine....so on and so forth.

I sighed loudly as I stopped to kick the pebble on the ground. I had been looking down while walking for so long that I had forgotten to look ahead.

It was only once the pebble had reached quite ahead due to my kick, that I raised my head to look at it.

That pebble didn't go as far as I had expected, instead it stopped after hitting the foot of a someone I hadn't even noticed before.

About 10 feet away from me a hooded man stood. He was tall. I would estimate his height to be around 6'4. His shoulders looked broad in the leather jacket he wore and his face was hidden by his hood.

I took a whiff of the air around me. Subconsciously steeping closer to him. We were now 8 feet apart.

I didn't smell anything.

No scent of a human. No scent of a werewolf. Even vampires had a scent, although it's nasty. But he didn't.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion and my heart started thudding away in apprehension and alertness.

Only very trained werewolves can do this. It takes immense powers, years of training and practice to be able to do so. To be able to hide your smell.

Some drugs can do so as well, but they are banned now. Witches can no more make it and they are no longer available to werewolves. Simply because, it was in a long run, lethal.

There is no way he had no scent due to that drug.

"Who are you?" I asked, boldly. "What are you doing in The Moon Lake Pack? And how come you have no scent?"

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ❤ YOUR VOTES MAKES ME SMILE LIKE CRAZY! ❤

--- 1700 Words ---

*add this book to your library to get a notification everytime I update!*

Next update- 29th Sept. 2020 (IST)

Hello!! I hope you liked the chapter ❤

And thank you so so so much for 1K views already!! I am so happy I cannot even explain!! Your support means the world to be.

Please feel free to leave your honest feedback. ❤

1. Which country do you belong to? I always love to know which country my readers are from.

2. Thoughts on Tammy?

3. Favourite food? 😋

Love you! ❤
Take care!

-Love_Yourself_10_x ❤

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

5.3M 201K 116
The edited version of this book is being updated under the name "That's Inappropriate, Mr. King." Twenty-two-year-old Anna wonders if she will ever f...
10.4K 439 29
#39 in Supernatural Several tears have made their way down her cheeks, I'm unsure if it's due to pain or panic. She searches my eyes for several mo...
2.9K 119 36
Michelle's life was almost perfect. Loving family, great college, perfect grades, good friends, and a crush on one of the sweetest guys she's met. Th...
4.3M 117K 53
"I don't want to go with you" I whispered... Big mistake. I screamed as he slammed me down to the ground hard and held my neck, he straddled my hip...