Love The Hurt Away

By LourDarden

After two years from when Dessiah and her daughter Delaney were thrown out of her home in the rain by her tri... More

Love The Hurt Away
When Opportunity knocks
To Follow A Dream or Not To Follow A Dream?
Late Nights, Last Night (Part 1)
Temporary Goodbyes (Part 2)
Hello,Tokyo (Part 3)
Take My Breath Away (Part4)
So.....Who you with?
More Than A Conquer
Scattered Ideas
Game Changer
If Only You Knew
Are You Paris?
Paris
Get It Together (Late Night Dinners)
Breaking Point
Sights
Falling
Live Your Truth
Double Team
Are You Awake
Here With You
Protected By Him
Go Back
Fatal Warnings (Part 1)
Go Hard Or Go Home
Whose Up
"Lord Keep Me Near The Cross"
Dessiah POV
Party Pooper
Set The Record Straight
Help!
I love you
Too Much Too Soon (Official Chapter)
Cherry Blossoms (Official Chapter)
His Quality Time (Official Chapter)
The Date Is Set(HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT)
To Tell him or not to tell is the question (Official Chapter Part 2)
problem
Fix It Jesus! (Official Chapter Part 2)
One Man, Several Problems (Official Chapter"
"I cant Believe I'm Here" (Official Chapter)
Did You
Paris Dreams (official Chapter part 2)
Until You Come Back to me Decision
Final Product
HONEY HERES AN UPDATE
DID YOU?
Official Chapter "Altered Plans"
Official Chapter "Unknown Messenger"
Worth More
Farther Along The Journey (Chapter)
Did you?
NOLA Baby (part1)
No Harm No Known Foul
Big Easy Ain't So Easy
The Big Payback
One Loss, One Unexpected Surprise(Chapter)
Be Careful What You Pray For
Everything Comes To The Light
FOR YOU
Do You Still Love Her?
In Search Of His Heart
Don't Let Me Down
Have You Seen Her
Visitors
Giving Up
Breaking, Broken, Risen
Give Me Whats Mine (Official Chapter) pt 1
"Past Demons Resurrected" Part 2
For My Love
Hanging On For Love (Official Chapter)
coming
Shots Fired (Official Chapter)
Twenty-Fucking-Nine
Epilogue(Official Chapter)
Get YOUR COPY
New Story coming

Crossroads (Let Go Let God)

17.9K 835 338
By LourDarden

 LISA IN THE PICTURE

  Pulling up in the semi-vacant parking lot Dessiah sat in the car and began to cry. She felt overwhelmed to make a decision that could potentially change not just her life but Delaney’s forever. The question at hand is was that a good thing? A car pulled in next to her and she wiped her face and fixed her clothes. Getting out of the car she walked upstairs and knocked on Lisa’s apartment door.

“Who is it?”

“It’s me Lisa.”

“Hey honey-…”Opening the door Dessiah was greeted with a smile that turned into a concerned frown. “… What’s wrong De?” Dessiah walked in giving Lisa a hug closing the door behind them.

“De are you okay?”

“Kinda.”

“Do you want something to drink?” They each took a seat at the round glass dining room table.

“No, I’m fine.”

“Well what’s wrong honey you look like you were crying?” She asked brushing her damp shoulder length hair. She was in the process of getting ready for work. Her Brown skin had not even a touch of make up because she felt it would take away from her natural beauty. Lisa was incredibly beautiful. From her full pout lip, chink eyes, high cheek bones, and round face. Being a fuller figured woman didn’t stop stares of lust and admiration when she walked in the room. With her heart of gold she was a desired commodity.

“Lis something happened today.” Dessiah said nervously playing with her hands.

“Well spit it out girl don’t leave me in suspense!”

“You remember my bosses boss Mr. Tiles I told you about?”

“The fine one?”

“Yea.”

“Yea I remember although I’d like to see for myself and be the judge of this “fine” you speak of but whatever.

“Anyways, he offered me a promotion today. Not just a position but the mother lode of promotions. Company car, petty cash, and apartment.”

“What would you be doing though?” Lisa asked.

“Business marketing and strategy for their overseas grocery stores.”

“Sweetie that’s amazing, what’s the problem I mean it sounds like one hell of a blessing.”

“It’s in Japan.”

“Oh wow, well you better pack up and enjoy the noodles and sushi.”

“Be serious Lisa. “

“Okay, what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know I mean it’s always been my dream to see the world but I can’t just pick up and move Delaney across the world. She has been through enough and I’ve finally gotten her in a stable routine.”

“She’s a child De and if you’re going to make a drastic move like this then it’s the time to do it now because it’s easier for her to adapt.”

“That’s true and I mean it’s only for three months. Plus the forty thousand dollar addition annually could really make a difference in our lives.”

 “Wait De don’t you already make like $30,000.00 now? That’s not much of a raise.”

“No girl that’s $40,000 on top of the $32,000.00 I make now.”

“WAIT WHET?!? Damn! Give me twenty dollars hahaha.” Lisa Laughed. “Dang we can plank on that kind of money. Just lay right on top of it. $70,000.00 a year honey that ain’t nobody but Jesus you better praise him.”

“Lisa all money ain’t good money.”

“Yea but a struggle is no better.” Lisa retorted. “From someone like me who makes $9.78 an hour honey that sounds a lot better. From what you’ve come from it sounds like God is showing his hand over your life.

“What about Darryl if I took Delaney across the world and he found out it would be hell.”

“De that nigga lost his privilege to have a say so in how you raise her when he threw you out of your own house. Trifiling ass, I mean the nerve of him-…” Lisa stopped mid-sentence seeing the hurt on Dessiah’s face. With every word she was relieving the heartache caused by her husband and Lisa felt best to change the subject.

“Have you even heard from him?”

“Not since the last day we saw him.” She sad looking down at the table ashamed. The last day she had seen her husband was over a year and a half. When he put her and Delaney out in the rain with her belongings on the porch at least what his mistress didn’t want.

“I have to give Mr. Tiles an answer by tomorrow and I have no idea what to do. It felt like he was implying that I could lose my job if I don’t take the position and then boom I’ll be right back in what we just came out of struggling.” Tears rolled down Dessiah’s cheeks.

“Look at me De, don’t let your fear of returning back to what you’ve been delivered from be the reason you hold yourself back from success. This has been your dream and when you’ve been delivered from a situation or circumstance you can’t go back. Don’t let the Devil trick you into believing that because at the end of the day what’s for you is for you. At the end of the day God said in Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.I don’t have the answer as to what you should do but I believe if we pray God can show you which way to go.” Dessiah faintly smiled because Lisa was saying everything she needed to hear at this very moment. Taking each other’s hand they bowed their heads and Lisa began to pray.

“Father God, thank you for another day. Thank you for allowing us another moment to serve you. We ask that you forgive us for things we may have said and done or even thought that was not of you Lord Jesus. We come to you today lifting up my sister in Christ Lord asking you to show her the way in this situation. Father God she’s at a cross road and she doesn’t know which way to turn. Whether to go left or right she is unsure. Now everything she could want is on a platter in front of her but Lord we know that you are Jehovah Jira you are our provider Jesus. Granted all that is being offered may sound good but is it from you and if so then Lord give Dessiah peace about the situation. Make the decision for her because she would be traveling to a new land across the world. A true foreign place and we trust you to not leave her in the wilderness. You said to trust and acknowledge you in all thy way and lean not to our own understanding. Father God in Jesus name show us the way and most of all forgive us for being lost. We trust you to make the crooked path straight and to rebuke the devoe for our sake. So we ask that you have your way in this and we will give you the Glory and continue to pay our tithes, but most of all continue to serve you. Show Dessiah what you want her to do and let it be known that it was nobody but you. Give her peace about the situation and also give her daughter peace and joy about whatever you decide. In Jesus name we pray and give you the ultimate praise and Glory. Amen.

“Amen.” Dessiah said.

“Are they going to send you there by yourself?”

“No, Mr. Tiles will be going with me. Plus there’s an office already there in Japan that is still growing.”

“Well whatever God shows you, De don’t question it just do it. No doubt, no fear, no question, just take that leap and walk in hand with Jesus leading you baby.”

“I will Lis. I will.”

“Well let me get up I have to finish getting ready for work.” Lisa said standing from the table.

“Yea I should probably go get something to eat before I have to pick up Delaney.”

“Okay, tell my baby I miss her. I love you De and no matter what I got your back honey. Your never alone remember you got me and Jesus in your corner. And there may be times I disappoint because I’m human but we serve a God who never disappoints.” She said hugging Dessiah.

“I don’t know what I would do without you Lisa. I Love you so much now let me go before I start crying.”

“Girl yes, bye!” Lisa smiled as Dessiah walked out the door. “Call me and let me know how it goes.”

“I will bye.”Dessiah called out from down the stairs. Getting in her car she headed to the nearest IHOP to eat. It was amazing how much peace she had from that prayer. There is nothing like having a friend who has a heart for you and willing to pray for you when you don’t have the strength to pray for yourself. Lisa had been that way from the time they met.

    Lisa and Dessiah met at the motel 6 she had been staying at when she was homeless. Lisa was the overnight clerk and had noticed Dessiah with Delaney. For over two months Dessiah stayed there exhausting what little savings she had left or at least what her husband hadn’t taken. When she had run out of money the manager put them out of the room. Lisa thought she disappeared. Dessiah and Delaney would spend the day sitting in the nearby Arby’s and at night would sneak around the back entrance to sleep into the lobby bathroom.

   Dessiah had been forced to sit on a toilet in the smallest Handicap bathroom stall with her daughter in her arms and suitcases beside them. Resting her head against the stall wall she cried out to God for saving grace as Delaney laid in sleep with her head rested on Dessiahs chest. One day she didn’t even have money for a $5.00 pizza but saw a flyer about a food drive. She went and her life completely changed after that. A man had helped them and gave them a money clip full of money. Thinking back she didn’t even remember his name just his initials because Delaney still had the clip and carried it with her all the time. It reminded her of what God can do. When they came back to the motel to get a room for the night and their things Lisa happened to be there working someone’s early shift.

  They conversed and she offered them a room in her house. Her husband had died in a motorcycle accident two years prior.  So she had been alone in a three bedroom house. Dessiah stayed in the motel one more night giving Lisa tie to get ready for them. They moved together and Lisa would never accept money from Dessiah it was all from the heart. She wanted every penny used to help her get on her feet. Through that they quickly became more than friends but sisters. Delaney grew attached to Lisa and in a way after all that they had each lost, God gave them the family they each needed in one another. Dessiah smiled through her heavy tears because God consistently showed his presence in her life even in her greatest storms. Some she didn’t understand but he had a way of having his hand on her heart. Hopefully this time would be no different.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DID YALL FEEL THAT? LISTEN IM GOINGTO WARN YOU, IF YOU THOUGHT UNTIL YOU COME BACK TO ME WAS EMOTIONAL THEN BRACE YOURSELF BECAUSE THIS ONE IS GOING TO GO ALL THE WAY THERE. GOD IS DEALING WITH ME ONS OME THINGS. THIS IS GONNA GO HARD I PROMISE JUST WAIT. NO THROWING PHONES CAUSE IF U BREAK IT NOT MY FAULT. SO NOW YOU HAVE A LITTLE BACK STORY ON DESSIAH, THATS DEEP HUH? YALL NOT READY!!! JUST KNOW THAT WHATEVER YOUVE BEEN DELIVERED FROM YOU CANT GO BACK UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO. JESUS DELIEVERED YOU BABYAND  YOU ARE NEW IN CHRIST. NOTHING AND IME AN THERE IS NOTHING CAN SEND YOU BACK UNLESS YOU GO BACK. YOU ARE COVERED IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS. THAT PERSON STRUGGLING WITH LONELINESS, FINANCIALLY, SICKNESS,LOSS,HURT, JESUS HAS DELIVERED JUST WALK AND BE LEAD BY JESUS. HES DEALING WITH ME ON SOMETHINGS BECAUSE I GOT DISTRACTED I GOT OFF COURSE BUT GOD IS USING THIS STORY THIS MORNING . GOD IS ABLE. DO U HAVE A FRIEND LIKE LISA? If so SHOUT THEM OUT. VOTE AND COMMENT LOVE YOU. OH DO U WANT MORE?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 762 19
Mikai has always thought differently. He doesn't think that people should live a certain way just because society dictates it. He is a successful bus...
151K 6.5K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...
621 114 50
She wanted to be alive as a free spirit. She wanted to laugh and love but what happens when your life doesn't want these things from you?? There is d...
10.9K 167 74
"You don't want me..." I breathed, selfishly leaning into his touch. But I quickly pull away. "I'm different and so not your type," I muttered, looki...