Senator and Soldier

By LeeraIvy

Senator Riyo Chuchi is beginning to lose her faith in the Republic. After being the target of several assassi... More

Prologue
Unwanted Protection
Friendly Faces
The Price
Dissatisfying Escape
Perilous Plans
Transformations
Discovery
Traitors Revealed
Justice Served
Delicate Gift
Into Our Own Hands
Heartfelt Interrogations
Deserter Ally
Republic Commandos
Uncomfortable But Welcome
Trying Meetings
Explosions
Numerous Excuses
Shrine
Preparations
Festival of Light
Taking Chances
Double Sided Warning
Shattered Ball
Tick Tock
Illogical Reasoning
Uncharted Course
Healer's Touch
Alleged Conspirators
Resolved Resignation
Broken Trust
The Beginning of Change
Difficult Decisions
Gnawing Anger
Temple Bombing
Timid Steps
Take Two
A Likely Story
Suspects Renamed
Code Red
Social Calls
Traitors In Our Midst
Dark Clouds
Friends and Enemies
Multiple Dilemmas
Insinuations
Surprises
Wonderful Turn of Events
The Unknown
Hardened Resolve
Growing Frustration
Dark Revelations
Hidden Plans
The Order
Burning Fears
Strained Loyalties
Darkness Calls
Mending Pains
Devotion
Epilogue
Thank You
Broken Codes
Walking New Paths

Embarrassing Endeavors

1.7K 59 20
By LeeraIvy

Pantora: 20 BBY
Capital City
Commander Fox

"Hey, wake up!" Fox let out a groan as someone jumped onto the bed beside him. He cracked an eye open and gave Riyo a stern look. She smirked. "I'm visiting the Talz on Orto Plutonia today. Captain Tere said I can only go if you accompany me, though."

"I'm coming," he sighed. Riyo gave him a pleased nod, before leaving the room. Fox allowed himself a few more minutes of laying there, before he got up. He'd only ever slept in the barrack bunks. Compared to those, this bed was paradise. He pulled on his armor quickly and left to meet Riyo.

Five days had passed since they'd arrived on Pantora. He'd already seen most of the Capital City. They'd even managed to find Mairin and Jairo for a short time. Riyo had received a transmission from Chancellor Palpatine the day before. The new Senatorial Apartments had been purchased and were ready for them to return to as soon as they liked.

Clay and Archer had also been in contact, though for a different reason. General Windu was quickly closing in on whomever had bombed the old apartments. Fox had asked if he was needed, but his brothers told him they had it covered. Still, Fox couldn't help but feel somewhat guilty about remaining on Pantora for so long. He'd only intended to stay a day or two.

Riyo was waiting on the landing pad along with a protocol droid. As soon as he arrived, she stepped on board the small ship. The droid followed her in. Fox sealed the ramp behind himself and joined her in the cockpit. "Is no one else coming?" He raised an eyebrow and set his helmet down.

Riyo shook her head. "No one else wanted to come. Despite our peace with the Talz, most Pantorans are still afraid of them."

They lifted off and were soon soaring through the atmosphere. Orto Plutonia was close, not far enough to need lightspeed traveling. "Why?" Fox asked.

"We only recently discovered the presence of the Talz, when Chairman Cho was still in power. He believed the Talz had no right to the planet and wanted to drive them out," Riyo explained. "Jedi Masters Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and myself went to negotiate peace with the Talz, but Cho threatened the Talz and it backfired. There was fighting between them and the clones we'd brought with."

"I was forced to negotiate in Chairman Cho's place, when the Pantoran Assembly called his actions out of order and removed him from office. That was actually the first time I've ever done something of the sort." Fox glanced out the viewport, where the white, snow covered planet had appeared. "Now, we're at peace and have left Orto Plutonia to the Talz. I still visit occasionally, but no one else will."

"That's better than starting another fight."

"Yes, but I wish my people would be more friendly and show that we actually do respect the Talz, not fear them," Riyo sighed. They began to descend towards the planet's surface. Already, Fox could feel the cold temperature penetrating the ship.

They landed near a large stone cliff side. Several tall furry creatures wandered around outside of igloo shaped houses. Already, several of the creatures were approaching their ship. Riyo pulled a poncho over her fur lined outfit. She stepped outside. Fox pushed the droid out with her.

"This is Thi-Sen, Chief of the Talz," Riyo said, introducing the Talz waiting for them. Thi-Sen uttered a series of growls and clicks and waved a hand.

Fox fell in step with Riyo as they followed him into one of the igloo huts. A fire crackled in the center of it. Two more Talz approached, carrying bowls filled with some kind of soup. They offered one to Riyo, then one to him. He took it gratefully, letting the bowl warm his hands.

The three of them sat down. Thi-Sen spoke again as they began to eat. The protocol droid translated. "We are honored by your visit. It's always nice to receive friends. Do you have news for us?"

"I do. Chairman Papanoida has agreed to meet with you, if your offer still stands," Riyo replied.

"It does. Will you attend this meeting also?"

Riyo shook her head. "I'll be returning to Coruscant soon. You'll have to meet with him without me."

Fox handed his empty bowl back to a Talz. He stiffened as his wrist comm beeped, suddenly. Riyo glanced at him, raising an eyebrow. He stepped outside of the hut without a word. Fox switched the comm on.

"Fox, they caught the bomber," Clay's voice crackled through the comm.

"Who?" He urged.

"General Windu doesn't know. They're a changeling, and they're dead." Fox gritted his teeth as his brother continued to explain. "We think he must've been killed shortly after the explosion. The body was found near the old apartments, crushed beneath some debris. He still had the detonator in one hand and a bag of explosives was found close by."

Fox rubbed his forehead, thinking. "That solves nothing. All it tells us is that the person directly responsible is not available to answer any questions. If there was someone else involved, we have no easy way of finding them now."

"General Windu thinks he acted alone. He might've been someone who had a personal vendetta with the Trade Federation. Either way, the investigation has been closed. Chancellor Palpatine is going to tell everyone to return to Coruscant."

"I'll tell Senator Chuchi."

He heard Clay chuckle quietly. "I'm expecting stories, Fox. You'd better not disappoint me."

Fox rolled his eyes, but smiled. "We'll see." He switched the comm off just as Riyo and Thi-Sen joined him outside.

"What is it?" Riyo asked.

"The investigation is closed. The person responsible was killed by falling debris. They found his body today."

"And now?"

"Clay said Chancellor Palpatine will tell everyone to return to Coruscant. We'd better get ready."

Riyo's jaw clenched, but she nodded. She faced Chief Thi-Sen and bowed. "Thank you for your hospitality, Chief. I hope to see you again soon." He raised a hand and grunted as they walked back towards the ship. The protocol droid didn't bother interpreting.

Pantora: 20 BBY
Capital City
Riyo Chuchi

They wasted no time in returning to Pantora. As soon as they reached the apartments, Riyo entered her office and activated a transmission to Mairin. A hologram of her friend appeared shortly.

"Riyo? What's going on?" Mairin asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You need to come. We're going back to Coruscant soon."

"Already?" Mairin let out a sigh. "We'll be there as soon as possible."

"I'm sorry, Mair. I wish you could stay longer."

"There will be other times." Mairin tried to smile, but Riyo could still see the pain in her eyes. She switched the transmission off and headed towards her room. Fox followed her in.

"I was hoping I'd get to be home a little longer yet," Riyo said. She began to grab a few outfits and fold them up. She pulled her travel cases out from beneath her bed and started packing. "At least I already had some of my things sent ahead just to be prepared. My rooms won't be empty when I get there."

"I should've been back already. I'll be lucky if I don't get questioned by anyone other than Clay and Archer," Fox replied.

"You could have left if you needed to."

"I know, but I didn't want to." She glanced at him and smiled softly. Fox's gaze became serious after a moment. "I don't know how this is going to work."

"How what is going to work?"

"This." He gestured to himself, then to her. "Us."

"The same way it does for Mairin and Jairo. We'll have to be careful, but we can make it work."

"Well, they also have assigned days to see each other, the days that Jairo is on duty in the Senate apartments." He furrowed his brows. "I'll have to rework that now that there are two apartment buildings."

"We can do something similar. You don't patrol at the apartments, but you do at the Senate Building. All of us senators have offices there. We can meet on those days specifically and in between if possible."

"That's true." Fox glanced at her and smirked. "Although I've gotten used to seeing you everyday."

Riyo laughed and patted his cheek. "Now you get to go back to seeing Archer's face everyday."

"Don't remind me," he groaned. "Will you go back to the shrine before we leave?"

"Yes." Riyo drew in a slow breath. She hadn't wanted to think of that yet, but it was true. She would go see her parents again. Who knew when she'd get to next?

"Do you want me to come with?"

Riyo bit her lip. "No," she said at last. "I'll go alone this time."

"If you're sure." Fox tilted her face up to his and kissed her gently. It was their fifteenth kiss since the first one, not that she'd been counting.

A door hissed open and they leaped apart. "Senator Chuchi!" Asha called.

"Blast, she'll tell everyone if she sees you in here with me," Riyo groaned. Her gaze landed on the refresher door. "In here." Fox didn't get a chance to protest. She shoved him inside and closed the door just as Asha entered her room. "Yes?"

"Chancellor Palpatine tried contacting you but couldn't. Captain Tere took the transmission instead. We're supposed to return to..."

"Coruscant. I know. Commander Fox heard and let me know."

Asha's eyes narrowed. "Yes, where is he anyway? And Mairin and that other mute clone?"

"Fox and Jairo are making sure the guards are ready," Riyo lied. "Mairin is on her way here."

"I see." Asha stepped into the closet and returned with more suitcases and clothing. She began to fold them up and pack them.

Riyo had to stifle a laugh as her thoughts drifted back to Fox, still stuck in the refresher. She hoped he wouldn't see too many incriminating items. Her cheeks flushed at the mere thought of it. She wiped the expression away and hoped Asha hadn't seen.

Minutes went by and at last, Mairin arrived. Riyo quickly sent Asha to check on the other preparations. As soon as she was gone, Fox stepped out of his hiding spot. Mairin stifled a laugh immediately.

"Sorry, but it was the only place Asha wouldn't be looking in," Riyo said sheepishly.

"Don't worry. You should see the barracks refresher. Actually, you shouldn't," Fox replied. He paused and leaned towards her, dropping his voice to a whisper. "You have excellent taste by the way."

Riyo bit her lip, feeling herself blush furiously as he walked away. When she glanced over her shoulder, he was blushing just as badly. Mairin  let her laugh loose as soon as Fox was out of the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 58 10
NOTE: For the sake of this story and its timeline I have extended the Clone Wars by about five years or so but the EXACT number of added years is unk...
43.7K 2K 70
Nearly five years ago, the Clone Wars ended with a purge that wiped an entire people from the galaxy. Jess, formerly known as CC-9976, a member of th...
382 9 5
- Y/n, an ex-Sith become Jedi, and Rex, a Captain in the Grand Army of the Republic. How can a relationship like theirs work? Yet alone work on the b...
221K 8.2K 79
Irel Kirsi is a newly appointed Jedi Knight when the Clone Wars arrives, bringing chaos into the galaxy she was sworn to protect. At the bidding of t...