Kindred Ties

By fatima_zahra15

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me." She raised her eyebrows. "I love fish, I catch cold very... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Family Tree
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 27

2.1K 408 42
By fatima_zahra15

Here I am again my people.
Let's go. Wait...let me go make a hot cup of tea before I get started.

Now, let's start.

.
Once they have all taken a sit, the ladies turned to the men and asked what game they were going to play. Ya Mubarak suggested FIFA but they all said no. After much argument, they settled with truth or dare.

They got a bottle and placed it in between them all on the floor. "So who is going to start?" Maryam asked reclining against the pillow propped against the sofa on the floor. "I'll go first." Ya Mahmoud smiled folding his legs.
"Sure." They chorused and ya Mahmoud went ahead and gave the bottle a little spin, and it fell on Jannah.

She squealed and motioned with her head for him to carry on. Maryam smiled and happened to look at ya Muhammad who was also smiling as he watched his cousins. He is looking dashing today as usual in a clean blue polo shirt, with a white trouser. Oh, Masha Allah. She thought quickly lowered her gaze. She pushed back her glasses up the bridge of her nose and looked back at Jannah who was jiggly as she waited for her question. She chose truth.

He looked up in thought, It only took a moment though, as his head perked up. "Who would be the most annoying and most fun out of this group"- he motioned at them. "to be stuck in an elevator with."

They all looked at each other and laughed. "Oh wow, that's easy." Jannah looked at each of them. "The most annoying person here would be Maryam, and the most fun, ya Khalid." Maryam gasped and ya Khalid awned.

"How am I annoying?" She feigned a hurt look. "Oh yes, you are." Ya amma, ya Fatima, Jannah, and Yasmin chorused without even knowing.

Muhammad watched with a smile as she shrugged and asked Jannah to spin the bottle. She looking like she was trying to suppress a smile. "What are you looking at?" Ya Abdallah who was beside him whispered, giving him a small nudge. Muhammad looked at him, "what? Nothing."

Abdallah hummed nodding ever so slightly, the smile he had broadened until his dimples appeared. "No...no you were just looking at Marya.." he yelped in pain as Muhammad pinched him. All eyes turned to him.

"What's wrong?"
"Yeah what's wrong? What happened?" Muhammad asked, pretending not to know what happened. Abdallah glared at him before saying, "nothing, a bug bit me."

"A bug? Here?" Yasmin asked horrified looking around. She moved to stand up when he started laughing. "No..no don't worry, I killed it." She heaved a sigh and sat back down.

They all cackled. "Maryam," Asmau called. Maryam looked at her, "Huh?"
"The bottle's on you now. Truth or dare?"
"Truth." She looked at asmau as she waited for her question. "This thing that everyone is avoiding the dare, let's just make a rule. A person must have a total of at least five truth and five dares." Yasmin said, and they all nodded humming in agreement.

"Your question is who do you think is the best looking person here?" Asmau asked grinning. Maryam's eyes instantly fell on ya Muhammad's, who was also looking at her just as everyone. She then looked at ya Abdallah who had this stupid grin on his face and then at everyone else's face. "Ya Muhammad." She said.

A smile completely enveloped his face. "Aww, thank you maryo." He said. Ya Mubarak eyed her saying, "oh so you don't think this handsome man is the best-looking person." He pointed at himself. Maryam also eyed saying, "wai handsome. Wait for someone to call you handsome before you call yourself." 

They all laughed. "Lallai Maryam you said something and it's not like I haven't been called that before."
"Toh yayi my handsome bro, let's carry on." She spun the bottle, and the back fell on ya Khalid while the mouth pointed at ya amma. Ya Khalid smirked. "Truth or dare." Ya amma looked at him with daring eyes as she said, "dare."

"Ohh sweechies." He smirked tapping his chin as if thinking. Maryam chuckled, "ya Khalid you are such a drama queen." He narrowed his eyes, "Is that a compliment or an insult?"
"Oh you know I won't insult you ever. It's a compliment." He smiled.

"Ya Khalid I know you, please don't give me a mean one." Ya amma pleaded. He looked her right in the face and sneered. "Make a song with everyone's name in it and serenade everyone here." He smirked. "Oh come on!" Ya amma threw her arms up in the air. They all started laughing.

"Now how do you expect me to do that?" She groaned. "Just come up with a song with all of our names with it, anything would do." Ya Muhammad suggested at least tried to suggest. "Oh thank you that helped a lot." He laughed and she gave him a disapproving look.

"Ummm...umm... I have a big family. Maryam, Yasmin, ya Mubarak, ya Muhammad..." She started singing and they fell about laughing. They all pulled out their phone and started taking videos of her. Once done, she scowled at ya Khalid and sat down.

"Kai amma I'm so going to post this." Ya Fatima said typing on her phone. 'Yes me too' rolled around in the room. "Kai leave it till, after this game, time is running." Ya Muhammad said and they all quickly did what they were gonna do, and kept the phone aside. "Toh spin the bottle." Asmau nudged ya amma. She quickly spun it, hoping it would fall on her and ya Khalid so she can make him do something.

It landed on Yasmin and ya Mahmoud. Yasmin looked at him with a huge smile. "Truth or dare?"
"Truth."
"Okay. Ummm.. yauwa, have you ever cheated or been cheated on?"

Ya Muhammad, Aisha, Anisa, and ya Abdallah started laughing. Ya Mahmoud glared at them and all the cousins looked at them keenly. "What is it, tell us."

Ya Mahmoud chuckled, "I have cheated on someone, and have been cheated upon at the same time." A smile tugged at Maryam's lips, "what do you mean at the same time?"

"You know that Zainab that I dated?" He asked looking at them. They all nodded except asmau who didn't know her. "I was cheating on her with this girl that I met, I dated the girl for about 3 weeks while dating Zainab, then I started feeling guilty because I loved Zainab and I thought she loved me, so I broke up with the girl. Long story short, Zainab got married to a friend of mine a week after, turned out that she had been dating me and that guy for a long time, and they met when I introduced her to my friends."

"Man was heartbroken." Ya Abdallah said laughing. "He could barely eat when he found out about the wedding." They all laughed Mahmoud inclusive. "And you know the funny thing is she even invited me to her wedding, and I went to see if it was true, if she was really getting married to my friend."

"Now she has a two years old girl, and is currently pregnant."

"Allah sarki," Maryam said, barely containing her laughter. "Karma is a bitch." Asmau said laughing. "But how do you know that she has a girl and is pregnant?" Ya Fatima asked.

"Her husband likes to brag about it, and I see her snaps." Ya Mahmoud shrugged, "but I thank Allah seff, perhaps she was not good for me. Allah ya shige mana gaba." He prayed.

"Amin." He then spun the bottle, and it landed on Asmau and Muhammad. It was asmau's turn to ask the question. She cleared her voice and sat upright grinning. "Truth or dare?"
"Truth." He shuffled and also sat properly. Asmau groaned, "oh come on, why do you always choose truth ne." Asmau complained. Muhammad shrugged smiling.

"Umm...what is your favorite thing that your girlfriend does?" Maryam fought the urge to roll her eyes.

He jerked his head to the side and bit his lips, a move Maryam had noticed before which she found charming. "I don't have a girlfriend."

All the ladies' eyes widened, "what? What about Mimi?" Yasmin asked. "We are not together anymore."

"Sounds great." Maryam uttered and all eyes turned to her. "What?" Muhammad asked surprised by her sudden remark, in fact, everyone was. They knew she didn't like Mimi, they didn't know she had it in her to say that. Jannah and Asmau even found it funny that she had the guts to say that.

She looked at him indifferently as if she didn't say what she did. "It's an opportunity to meet someone better."

"Ohh." They said laughing at what they had in mind. As for Muhammad, he was disappointed, perhaps he wanted to hear something else. "I doubt it." He muttered to himself as he grabbed the bottle and spun it.

It landed on Maryam and Mubarak. Maryam grinned as she asked him the question, "truth or dare?"
"Dare."
She jumped inside, as she has been waiting for this moment. "I dare you to buy two boxes of deeza's doughnuts for me."

He eyed her and said, "kina hauka (you are mad)." All of them fell about laughing, "I had a feeling ai sai an rina. You know the last time we played this game, she made me buy a handbag for her. Har two boxes yanzun kuma?" He asked smilingly. She is even making him laugh even though the matter is not that funny.

"Yeah-p." She said trying to look cute. "Ohh don't try to act cute with me." He smiled eyeing her playfully. Muhammad laughed as he watching her radiant smile. He just loves watching her talk and do whatever she does.

Abdallah moved close to his ears and whispered, "and there goes the look again." Muhammad quickly looked away. "Abdallah." He said lowly, in a warning tone. "Or were you not looking at her, you were staring at the pillow behind her or the painting, right?"

Abdallah threw back his head and let out a laugh. Ya Muhammad's face is making him laugh, the way his face tightened. "What kukam what's so funny ne?" Ya amma asked taking a sip of water.

"Nothing." He chuckled holding his chest in an attempt to catch his breath. The look ya Muhammad was giving him was just so funny and a bit scary. She looked unconvinced, but regardless she shrugged and spun the bottle. The bottle landed on Muhammad and Abdallah. The way ya Abdallah smirked at that moment was something else.

Muhammad rolled his eyes at the corny look on Abdallah's face. Abdallah sat upright, and cleared his voice, "oh how I've been waiting for this, truth or dare?"

"Dare."
"I dare you to go on a date with a lady in this room. A lady of your choice." He smirked. Muhammad quickly looked up at him, "what?"
"Yeah, now choose." Abdallah was smirking as if he had won the lottery.

He looked at them and smiled softly before saying the name that has been on his mind for weeks now. "Maryam."

.
Oh my God!!
You guys how I suffered while writing this chapter is another thing. Na wani gaji and I said I have to publish this chapter today kaman wani dole😂

I hope you had fun reading the chapter.
Fatima🥀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

545K 42.3K 51
My stomach dropped the second we made eye contact. He had long and dark brown hair, which curled under the baseball cap he wore backward. The subtle...
63.9K 12.8K 46
Maryam never had a say. Although her situation wasn't her fault, people never fail to rub it in her face. If she was a child out of wedlock, she wou...
1M 55.2K 66
"Look Ayan...," I started, ready to announce my decision, "I know your brother is a total weirdo and can't do romance and stuff but I can't ignore hi...
13K 1.7K 31
Ibrahim, an easy going man who can sacrifice his happiness, if it means his son gets to have a mother. Maryam, a broken soul who found happiness i...