⭐️ Monsters Among the Stars ⭐️

By steamedbeefs

4 months into colonizing the planet Polus, Brown and his crewmates receive a call from the space station MIRA... More

A Call from MIRA HQ
We'll See You Soon, Polus - Aboard The Skeld!
The Girl and Her Terrifying, Man-Eating, Goopy Alien She Keeps As a Pet
Note: Man-Eating Aliens Do NOT Like the Dark
When Going to Get a Glass of Water Goes Terribly Wrong
When Your Monster Girlfriend Makes You Pick What To Have For Dinner
Dinner is Served
Emergency Meeting: Orange is Found Dead in Upper Engine!
Yellow Becomes Sus
Destroying Proof Means Having to Lose Another Friend
Emergency Meeting: Yellow is Dead and Pink is Unconscious?!? What Happened?!?
Pink Gets to Know Black
Brown Gets Himself a Knife
The Demise of Black

Emergency Meeting: Cyan is Found Dead in Medbay!

395 16 3
By steamedbeefs

400+ reads?!? Are you guys serious?!? I love you all~ 🥺
As thank you for this milestone, I made my Among Us character so you could see what I look like in game!

Make your own here! : https://picrew.me/image_maker/479995

If you do make your own, I want to see your character !
P.S. if you see someone named 'Steamybeef' on your server, make sure to say hi! That's me!! My children are named "Steamy" and "Lil Beef", aren't they cute?!? ❤️
Okay, I'll stop talking now, enjoy the chapter! ❤️

✨✨✨

"You think you what?"

"Please let me go, Brown, you're hurting me." Pink says between breaths. I still had her neck in my hands and I started to squeeze again when I heard what she said. 

I pulled my hands away and she scrambled towards one of the room's beds, holding onto the sheets. I gave another glance towards Cyan's body or what was left of it. The corpse was ripped in half brutally, but, if she did eat him, it made sense that the top half was gone and couldn't be found. I shuddered at the thought of the flesh of my friend sitting in her belly. 

"I really didn't mean to Brown, please believe me." She went on. Silent tears rolled down her face and her bottom lip trembled. "The monster that I was researching is inside of me. It put itself inside of me when it attacked me those few days ago. It didn't die, but passed on itself to my body."

"So it's a parasite then?" I asked. "What kind of parasite can make someone devour their friend?"

"I don't know, but it took me over, it was like I was only a spectator to my actions, watching the monster use my body to kill Cyan. It ripped through my stomach, that's where its mouth must be, and it ate Cyan's top half with one bite. It had a tongue that shot out of my body and pierced through Cyan and pulled him closer and-" 

"Please, don't tell me all the details. He was still my friend, remember?" I cut Pink off, holding myself with my arms. She gives me an apologetic look. 

"I'm sorry, but I just want to make sure that you believe that I wasn't the cause of Cyan's demise." She says.

"I believe you Pink."

"What? You already believe me?" She asks. It's hard to look at her in her blood-soaked suit knowing that it was her hands that murdered Cyan without a second thought, but with all the evidence and being acquainted with Pink, I knew deep down that she couldn't do something like this. She's too empathic, a good person through-and-through. Besides, I was there when she got attacked by the monster, and it was suspicious that it died that quickly. And we did know nothing about the life-form. She could be right. 

"Yeah, but think too much of it, I know now that it was your hands that killed him, even if you didn't have control of them. I would still be suspicious of you if something else happened." I tell her. The tears had stopped falling and the rage I had first felt was slowly melting away. I'm happy deep-down that there was something else behind her actions, I wasn't prepared to lose two friends tonight. 

"Thank you, Brown, I'm so happy that you understand." She throws herself over to me and hugs me tightly around the middle. I want to push her off, knowing that she is still covered in the blood of my friend, but I return the hug until she lets go.

"Please promise me one thing though," I say as she gives me space.

"Anything."

"You said that you killed him because the thing inside of you got hungry. I want you to make sure that you get this hunger under control." I say and she nods. "I don't want to lose anymore of my friends."

"I'll try my best, this was the first time I got hungry, I can try and soothe the pains with meat from the cafeteria, but what if I need more?" She asks and I scowl. 

"Thats not part of our deal. If you want me to keep this secret, you need to not eat anyone else. Got it?"

"Mhm."

"Now, what are we going to do with the body?" I ask, glancing back at the corpse.

"Don't you want to mourn?" Pink replies. 

I shake my head. "There's no time," I say. "I really want to, but we need to hid it or dispose of it before anyone else sees it." 

Pink gives the room a good look. "Where would we put it?"

"There isn't any good hiding spots here in Medbay, I was thinking we can dispose of it through the garbage chute-"

I was cut short as we both turned our attention to the door leading to the hallway. We heard a pair of footsteps coming down towards us. 

"Hello?" A shaky voice called out. "Hello? Anyone there? I heard someone scream out..."

"Oh my God, that's Lime! He heard Cyan!" I gasped, my pulse starting to race again. I rushed over to Cyan's body and scoop up what's left of him. However, he is still pretty heavy and I struggle, dropping him. He landed with a squishy sound, more of his organs falling out of place and onto the floor. 

"Forget about the body!" Pink says, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the back wall. "They were bound to find it anyway. We need to worry about hiding us!" Along the wall was a row of vents leading to the air ducts of the ship. She opens one panel and gestures for me to crawl inside.   

"Can we even fit?" I ask but she is already pushing her lower half inside the airway. "There's literally no other place in this room to hide, c'mon, suck in your belly and get in here!" Pink disappears within the duct and I chase in after her. 

We settle down at the end of the duct leading towards medbay. It would be difficult to see down here since it was so sark, but both Pink and I could both see within Medbay with ease. I clamp my hands over my mouth and try to calm my breathing as I watch the door slowly open and a small figure walk inside.

Lime, wearing only his pyjamas and with naked feet quietly enters the room. He's shivering and sweating. "Hello? Is there anybody in here? Are you okay?" He says again. I closed my eyes tightly as he shrieks as loud as he could after discovering the body on the floor, mourning the lost of his lover.

✨✨✨

When the emergency alarms sounded off, both Pink and I crawled our away from Medbay and the scene of the crime and got out in the empty storage room. We found ourselves in her lab, which was still in disarray from when the ship started to rock. She never even bothered to clean up the life-forms corpse on the floor, which was still squished halfway in the container, its body leaking fluids everywhere. It made the room stink of decay. 

"I can't believe we made it out of there without been seen!" Pink said with a laugh. "I got a little nervous when Lime came in, I worried that he could see us down the vent."

"Pink, don't make this into a game. You still murdered a person tonight, remember," I say with a grunt. "Please act a little more serious." 

"Sorry," she apologizes. 

"Now, quickly, change into your spare suit and dispose it through the garbage chute, if you go into the meeting with ripped and bloody clothes, they will immediately think it was you." I tell her and shoo her away from me to do as I say. She shyly undresses and puts on her clean suit and throws her old one away. 

"What will I tell Red about my old suit?" She asks. "Just tell him that you ruined it in the lab or something, I don't know, I'm too busy thinking of an excuse to tell him of where we were too when the body was found." I tap my chin with a finger as I thought.

"I already have an idea of what to tell them about that." Pink said boastfully, putting her hands on her hips. 

"Okay, shoot, what do you got?"

"You were down here with me right, it would make sense to say that because both of us will enter the Cafeteria through the Storage entrance. I can say you stayed the night with me in the lab because we are dating!"

"Because we are w-what?!" I blurted out, my face turning red. 

"Dating! We've been spending lots of time together lately, and I bet now we'll be together even more. If we say we're only friends hanging out, people will become suspicious and try to follow us around. We don't need people on our tails so if we just come out as a couple, they'll be satisfied and leave us alone! It's perfect!"

I agree with her. It's actually a really good plan. It allows us to stay together so I can keep on eye on the life-form inside of her and make sure that she doesn't eat anyone and it will give the others enough information to leave us be. I nod my head to let her know that I think it's a good idea. "Fine, we'll be a couple, but don't go thinking that I actually like you or anything."

"I'm glad we agree, and don't be a goober, we are only friends." She says.

"Yeah, friends." Something about being more that friends with Pink sounds appealing, but I need to remember that she actually the imposter. She murdered my friend. But her lips seem so kissable...

I shake the thoughts away as I remember that the emergency meeting alarm is sounding. "We need to get down to Cafeteria before people come looking for us." I say. 

"Let's go then."

The Cafeteria had an air of despair and angry among it. We were the last two people to sit down at the main table. Red and Black took up the head as usual, and Red's eyes was puffy from crying and he was sniffing, while Black was staring blankly at the wall behind his crew. The rest of us had their heads down, some crying and some talking. Lime was sobbing at his chair, and a thick white blanket was thrown over his shoulders. Cyan's body was in the middle of the room on a wheeled Medbay bed with a sheet over him, his blood soaking the fabric. 

"I'm glad you guys could make it," Red sniffled as we sat down at the table. I had ahold of Pink's hand. She couldn't make eye contact with the body laying on the gurney, and, then again, I couldn't either. "I suppose that you were researching down in the lab, then Pink?"

"Yes, I just finished up some testing before I came, I'm sorry if I caused any inconvenience." She replied, keeping a professional tone when speaking to her Commander. "May I ask what's wrong?"

"We're just about to start the meeting anyways," Red stands up and wipes his eyes. "I guess most of you all know that Lime had discovered a body in Medbay early this morning after hearing a scream. Cyan was found dead in there, cut in half, and we weren't able to retrieve his top half yet."

I bow my head down and look away from my Commander. I couldn't bare to look at him like this, this is the first time I ever seen him cry. 

Lime howled again as he listened into the conversation. He leaped off his chair and threw himself over his lover's body, hugging into the fabric. "Please come back, Cyan, please!"
Red pat his back and lifted him off Cyan's body. Lime buried his head into Red's chest and pounded his fist into his shoulder as he wept. Red shushed him quietly and lead him away from the corpse and back towards his barracks. The more younger boys started to cry themselves, and I even heard Yellow breathe heavily as he tried to control his emotions. 

"I want to know if any of you seen anything. Any suspicious action from any of your crewmates that you've seen since last night. I want to know, Cyan deserves justice." Black speaks up, his usual deep tone shaky and broken. It sounded horse, as if he was crying too before the meeting was called.  

Everybody, including Pink and I, all shook our head. Knowing that he wasn't getting any closer to a clue to who killed Cyan, Black hung his head and we all went quiet. 

"Wait." Yellow spoke up after a few brief seconds. We all look towards him. "We didn't hear what Pink had to say. What about her little science project down in storage. Maybe she let it out to feed."

He says the last word so fiercely, it sends a chill down my spine. He's getting too close to the real answer, it makes me nervous. I hope he doesn't see me sweat in my suit.  

"Pink," Black says, directing the attention back towards her. "What do you have to say. What's going on with the life-form?"

"Don't worry, it can't do something like this. It's dead."

"What happened to it? I thought only yesterday it was healthy and thriving?" Black questions. 

Without a pause Pink answers. "When we hit the asteroid belt yesterday morning, the amount of stress and all the rocking around ultimately killed the life-form. I guess it wasn't accustomed to the turbulence found in space, and it died of stress. I already threw away its body, I had enough samples from it to finish my research anyways." 

Black thought about what she said briefly before nodding. "Okay, I believe you. But I have another question. What was both you and Brown doing down at the lab at such an hour? It's not even time to get up for tasks yet."

Pinks breath catches in the back of her throat. She coughs and continues. "I'll have you know that he was down there because I asked him too. He never went to bed in his barracks, he came and stayed with me all night to keep me company as I worked, because we are dating."

Everyone looks at the both of us. I can feel the colour on my cheeks deepening as Black gives me a glance. "Oh, I didn't know you two were a thing. It seems a little early don't you think? Considering that you only lived here for about a week?" Black wasn't giving in without a fight. Why was he so interested in Pink? Did he not trust his new crewmate?

"That's non of your business, I can date whoever I want no matter how long I known them. I like Brown, and that's all I'm saying. Nobody needs to know what happened between the two of us last night." She folds her arms over her chest. 

"Sorry," Black apologizes to Pink and I. "Sorry if I invaded your privacy, forgive me. I guess we're all a little on edge." 

Pink accepts the apology and the rest of the team gives their alibis to where they were too when Cyan was killed. Not once did someone question us again. I breathed a sigh of relief. I think Pink actually got away with it this. 

After an hour of questioning, Black decides that everybody is in the clear. "You guys are all let go, I don't think any of you would of done such a thing to Cyan. In this case, I want you to all to forget about tasks today and do what you need to do to mourn for the loss of your friend, but if you need to leave your barracks, please travel in groups. I need to get back to Red and to give him my report on my findings. You are all dismissed." Black waves his hand and shuffles his papers that he wrote notes on in a neat stack. 

We all leave the cafeteria, and the others go back to their rooms and I follow Pink back down towards the lab. 

"That was heavy." Pink whispers, almost to herself. I place a hand on her shoulder. "It was, all of us boys are pretty close now since we've been living together for a few months, it was understandable that we cried."

"I'm sorry for all the heartache I have caused, Brown." Pink sighs, taking one of my hands and gives it a squeeze. "If I would of known that this would of happened I would of not come to The Skeld and put your team in jeopardy like this."

"Pink, you can't blame yourself. Like you said, it wasn't you that ate Cyan, it was the life-form. You are not the Imposter, the parasite is." 

"Thank you for trusting me Brown." She looks into my eyes. "It really means so much to me that there's someone looking out for me." 

She leans in close and gives me a light kiss on the cheek. I blush. 

She turns and walks further into the lab before saying. "You should head back to the lab now, you were awake all night with me. You're going to need some rest. I'm going to bed too, now."
She waves and I croak out an answer. "G-goodnight..."

She giggles and disappears into the lab. I'm left alone as I walk back to my barracks to rest, my face burning from the kiss and my body aching for more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71 0 9
After the failure of Mission: AXIS, a new science teacher, Ms. Frenzy, comes into Azbook High School, and wants to make as big an impact as Mrs. Nosb...
889 12 13
- Among Us: Unearth the Deception - • Unit Five were just children when they've been stuck into a Russian Space Program, "Roscosmos", with a heavy b...
49.5K 1.4K 47
Lime was just an ordinary crewmate. Well, maybe not quite 'ordinary', to be honest... He'd always been an outcast, he was new to missions, and he wa...
329 21 8
It's a nightmare come true for the team stationed on the rooftop of MIRA HQ; sensors indicate a predatory alien in the base, disguised as one of the...