Elizabeth Harrison's Hope For...

By symhere

BOOK FOUR OF HARRISON SERIES. Elizabeth has been looking after her alcoholic and pathological liar mother for... More

1: Mourning For Mother's Death
2: Forgiveness Is Hard To Give
3: The Things She Left For Them
4: His Everyday Life
5: Doctors Are Not Gods
6: An Awkward Interaction
7: Her Savior
8: An Apology And A Slap
9: A Secret To Keep
10: The Pain He Is In
11: Like Mother, Like Daughter
12: Too Drunk To Think
13: The First Kiss
14: A Favor To Ask
15: The Key They Both Didn't Have
16: People Change
17: New Neighbors, Old Feelings
18: Slapped
19: Is It Too Hard To Get?
20: The Kiss They Shared Again
21: Elizabeth's Crush
22: A New Friend, Maybe?
23: The Housewarming Party
24: Just Him And Her
25: The Morning After
26: Breakfast
27: Asked On A Date
28: The Help Fay Needs
29: He Can't Resist Her
31: Screw The Rules
32: Can We Talk?
33: Who Is Mia?
34: I Like You.
35: Don't Be Sorry For How You Feel.
36: Mia And Elizabeth.
37: Suspicion.
38: Date Night.
39: Eliza.
40: In The Name Of Love.
41: A Bloody Night.
42: All Hell Broke Loose.
43: The One They Lost.
44: You Do.
45: Blur.
46: The Funeral.
47: An Unexpected Visitor.
48: The Truth.
49: Lost Her.
50: Moving On.
51: The Complete Truth.
52: Yet You Know.
53: The News.
54: Something To Remember Me By.
55: A Unique Friendship.
56: Leo Is Here.
57: Leo Knows.
58: Drunken Leo.
59: The Cold Night.
60: Leo Meets Fred.
61: The Unexpected Guest.
62: A Surprise Visit.
63: Ice Cream.
64: Elizabeth's Visitor.
65: Tattoos and Realization.
66: Unwanted Interruption.
67: Missing You.
68: Jen's Confession.
69: Wedding Planner.
70: Elizabeth's Realization.
71: Deal.
72: The Unexpected Guest.
73: Bonding.
74: Confession.
75: Jealousy.
76: Pain of the Past.
77: Breakfast And Kisses.
78: Ruby's Gift.
79: The Last One.
Epilogue.

30: So Close

955 35 0
By symhere

Elizabeth was upset with Leo when she left the café – all he talks about is how bad my brother is and how he doesn't trust him or any of us. It pains her to know that when she is way ahead of him – he is still stuck behind trying to trust her and her family. She wants so much more from him and she isn't getting them. Maybe she is just expecting too much from him. She couldn't stay and argue with him especially when she has to take Fayette with her to her apartment. She had a rough day and she must be very tired – so without further ado, Elizabeth drove back to her office and picked up Fayette who was already waiting for her. Fay put her belongings in the back seat – which weren't many. As Fay was getting in the car– Elizabeth saw Mosa standing beside his car looking at them. His eyes met Elizabeth as he smiled at her – she smiled back at him and nodded her head – reassuring him that Fay was safe with her.

Elizabeth does not doubt in her mind that Mosa likes her, but what bothers her is why they don't get along. She could see that Mosa tries – but Fay always pushes him away. Elizabeth looked at Fay as she gets in and smiled at her, "Shall we?" She asked. Fay smiled back at her and nodded, "Yes, please." She replied. Elizabeth puts her car into gear and slowly drove passing Mosa – Elizabeth glanced at him as they drove away. As the exited the office's premises Fayette let out a tired sigh. Elizabeth glanced at her before her eyes went back on the road. "You must be very tired," Elizabeth spoke. Fayette turned her head to look at her and nodded her head softly, "I am – I didn't even blink asleep in the past twenty-four hours." She replied. Elizabeth felt bad for her. She nodded her head, "Just don't worry about anything, alright? You can stay as long as you want. It is quite exciting for me as well – I never had a roommate before," Elizabeth told her.

Fayette raised her eyebrow, "Never?" She asked. Elizabeth simply shook her head. Fayette chuckled, "Wow, lucky you – my whole life I never had a room or a house to me." She replied. "When I was a kid – I had to share my room with sister and when I moved out – I always had a roommate," Fayette opened up a little. Elizabeth smiled as she heard Fayette speak – she was glad she was opening to her. As they get close to Elizabeth's building – she asked Fayette, "It must have been nice to have a sister. Ask me about it," She spoke dismissively, "I just have two elder brothers – I always needed a sister – unfortunately I never had one." She added. When Fayette didn't reply to her – Elizabeth turned her head to look at Fay to see her zoned out. Elizabeth drove inside the parking basement and stopped the car. She looked at Fay and knitted her eyebrows together, "Fayette?" She called her out softly.

Fayette immediately looked towards her and blinked her eyes rapidly, "Hey, sorry – I zoned out." She shuttered a little. Before Elizabeth could ask if she was okay – Fayette looked out of the car, "Oh, we are here." She mumbled. Elizabeth decided not to push her and nodded her head with a smile, "Yes, we are here. Let me help you with your stuff." She said and both of them stepped out of the car. Elizabeth helped Fayette in bringing her limited belongings up to her apartment. She unlocked the door and pushed it open, "Welcome," Elizabeth waved her hand and asked Fayette to come in and she did with a small smile on her face. Fayette looked around, "Your apartment looks different with all the furniture on its place," Fay commented as she slowly walked in. Elizabeth smiled and turned around to close the door behind her to see Fred coming out of his apartment – Elizabeth didn't wait or glanced at him twice and simply closed the door before locking it. She is still new to the place and doesn't trust anyone enough to leave her door unlocked.

"I know, right? My apartment is more spacious with all the furniture aside," Elizabeth answered him. Fayette smiled and nodded, "But, you have a very beautiful place." She complimented. Elizabeth smiled back, "Thank you," she said and put Fay's bag she had in her hand and pointed towards one of the vacant rooms, "Come on let me show you your new room." she said and asked Fayette to follow her. Fayette hesitated for a second before she slowly followed her to the room. Elizabeth opened the door of the room and walked in before she switched open the lights to bring the life back to the room. Fayette gasped softly when she saw the room, "This room is huge," she said to Elizabeth. Elizabeth looked around and shrugged – she doesn't think so, maybe because she never saw a real small room before. Fayette turned her head to Elizabeth, "Are you sure you want to give me this room? I mean – I can stay in a smaller room." She pointed out.

Elizabeth chuckled, "Actually, I have the biggest room already." She told her, "The other two rooms are of the same size," she continued, "But, the other room doesn't have a bed in it yet – so, you will be having this room." Elizabeth shrugged. "But, maybe you can see that room and if you feel like – we can this bed in that room for you to stay." She offered. Fayette shook her head immediately, "Oh no – you don't have to – this room is more than enough for me." She told her before she turned around to look at her, "Elizabeth, I don't think I can thank you enough. I swear, as soon as I get my salary next week – I will be out of your hair and I will even pay for the week I will be staying here." Fayette told Elizabeth.

Elizabeth drew her eyebrows together, "What?" She asked. "No, are you kidding me?" Elizabeth laughed. "You are not going to pay me any money. And I want you to stay as long as you want, okay. You don't have to rush anything. Don't worry about anything, Fay, and just relax." Elizabeth put her hand on Fayette's shoulder. Fayette gulped and lowered her gaze before she sighed, "It is just that – I have never lived as a freeloader – it feels very bad to live in such a lavishing place of yours with paying for it," She said. Elizabeth chuckled, "Fayette, you are thinking so much." She tells her. "How about this – when you will get the salary – how about you take me out on lunch or dinner because that will be the only payment I will ever accept from you," Elizabeth added. Fayette mashed her lips together and look at Elizabeth before slowly nodding her head, "Okay," she smiled softly. "I can do that," she added.

Elizabeth grinned, "That's great!" she said. "How about you go and freshen up? All the toiletries are already in the washroom. Meanwhile, I will order us pizza and I will freshen up as well." Elizabeth said. Fayette knitted her eyebrows together, "You don't have to order food," Fayette said to her. Elizabeth wrinkled her nose and smiled guilty, "Actually, I have to – I do that every day." She chuckled. When she saw Fayette looking at her bewilderedly – Elizabeth smiled, "I can't cook, so I live on takeaways and home delivery." She shrugged. Fayette stepped forward, "I can cook for you," she said. "Just give me fifteen minutes – I will shower and change and then I will cook you hot and fresh dinner," Fayette asked. Elizabeth smiled, "That's so sweet, but not tonight. I know you had a very rough day – maybe you can cook tomorrow – today – let's just have some pizza." She told her.

Elizabeth didn't let Fayette push her and called to order a large pizza while Elizabeth walked into her room to take a shower and change. It was a tiring day for her as well. Elizabeth put her phone on charge and glanced at the screen to see Leo hasn't called or texted. She sighed and untied her hair and went into the washroom – she should stop expecting so much from him. If she doesn't stop now – she is only going to hurt herself in the end. But whatever she says to herself, she simply can't take her mind of Leo. All the time during a shower – she thought of him. And it hurt her to know that Leo didn't even try to talk to her again after their argument. Elizabeth stepped out of the shower, dried her hair, and changed into short shorts with a big white loose shirt over it. She tied her hair up in a bun and walked out of her room to see Fayette already sitting on the couch in a different shirt and jeans from before. Elizabeth decided not to think about Leo for a while and pay more attention to her guest.

"Hey," Elizabeth said and Fayette turned around to look at her. Elizabeth walked towards the couch and sat beside her. She put her feet up on the coffee table and stretched, "Man, I always feel like sleeping after a shower." She told Fayette. Fayette chuckled, "Maybe you should sleep after dinner," she pointed out. Elizabeth smiled lazily and nodded her head, "Yeah, and so should you." She pointed towards Fayette. Fay nodded her head, "Yes, I am really tired." She told Elizabeth. Elizabeth was about to say something when the doorbell went off. Since she was very hungry – she excitedly got on her feet and clapped her hands together, "Oh, it must be the pizza delivery guy." She said to Fayette before she walked to the door and opened it.

Elizabeth's eyes widened when she saw who it was on the door. It wasn't the pizza she was hoping for, but it was Leo – someone she never thought she would see at her door at that time. She blinked and knitted her eyebrows together – she was utterly confused. "Leo?" She called out his name bewilderedly. She wanted to ask why he was here, but she wasn't given the chance as Leo put his hands on each side of her face and pushed her together with him before he placed his lips on hers. His lips were soft against hers – the kiss felt a little inflamed – but it was nothing she disliked. To say that she was completely shocked would be an understatement. Not only Leo came to her place unannounced but kissed her in the presence of Fayette. She gasped and put her hand on his chest as she little pushed him away. Leo didn't immediately pull away, but he slowly did. His eyes were still closed- she slowly opened them and was about to say something when his gaze went behind her and his eyes widened. Elizabeth realized that he didn't see Fayette before – she closed her eyes tightly for a brief moment before as mashed her lips together. Leo's staggered gaze traveled back on Elizabeth as she bit her tongue and shrugged, "I have company," she said softly yet amusingly. She was enjoying the situation since Leo wasn't enjoying it much – served him right.

Leo was stunned – he stood at the door with his gaze continuously traveling between Fayette and Elizabeth. He didn't expect her to have a company – only if he knew – he would have been careful. Fayette was confused to see Dr. Wayne at Elizabeth's door and that confusion changed into complete and utter surprise when he kissed Elizabeth. Fayette didn't know they were seeing each other – as matter of fact, she didn't know Elizabeth was seeing anyone at all. Fayette can't deny the fact that she had a suspicion that maybe Elizabeth was dating Dr. Griffiths, but she soon realized that they weren't, but seeing her with Dr. Wayne was surely a revelation. She has seen Dr. Wayne as quiet, uptight, and mysterious – it was a great mystery to her how Elizabeth was able to break him.

Fayette realized that there was an awkward silence in the room, so she decided to break it and cleared her throat causing Elizabeth to turn around to look at her, "Uh – I will be in my room." She told them and didn't wait for anyone to say anything and walked into the room. It was awkward to just walk back in her room and pretend like she didn't see anything, but it was more uneasy to stay in the room. She walked in and softly closed the door behind her. Elizabeth saw her closing the door and turned her head to look at Leo who ran his fingers through his hair, "Shit – I am so sorry, Elizabeth." He said.

Elizabeth folded her arms and shifted from one leg to another, "You are sorry for what – exactly?" She asked. Leo pressed his lips together and sighed, "Only if I knew that you had a company," he replied waving his hand towards the closed door of Fayette's room. Elizabeth narrowed her eyes, "So, you are sorry about that," she nodded her head. "I thought you were sorry about how you behave earlier," she shrugged. "I am sorry about that as well," Leo said rubbed his eyes. "I came here to apologize, but then I saw you – and – you know," He mumbled softly. Elizabeth twisted her mouth to suppress the smile and sighed, "No, I don't know. What should I know exactly?" She asked.

Leo shifted his gaze on her and sunk his shoulder, "You know," he emphasized. A mischievous smile cracked on her lips – she couldn't hold it, "I know – what exactly?" She asked taking a step forward – teasing him even with her slightest movement. He paused and looked directly into her eyes, "You know that I can't control myself around you," he replied and raised his eyebrow, "Happy?" He asked. Elizabeth grinned and nodded her head, "Very," she replied.

Elizabeth took a step forward and leaned in to kiss him, but he moved his head back. Elizabeth knitted her eyebrows together, "What?" She asked – almost frustratingly. A ghost of a smile could be seen on Leo's face, "No kissing or sex at least before two dates," he teased her with her own rule. "If I remember someone had this rule, didn't they?" he asked.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes, "You broke the rule first - now shut up and kiss me," She held him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer. She knows that they are literally in the middle of the corridor and anyone could walk into them making out, but she hardly cared. He looked too devouring to care. Leo chuckled and put his hand on her waist – pulling her closer. He was about to kiss her when they heard someone clearing their throat behind them. Leo turned around and Elizabeth averted her gaze at the pizza delivery guy – looking tentative with a box of large pizza in his hand, "Uh – your pizza?" he said unsurely. Leo chuckled and took a step back while Elizabeth glared at the poor boy. Leo scratched the nape of his neck, "I will see you later then," he said. "Enjoy your pizza," He added teasingly and walked away – leaving Elizabeth high and dry. She clenched her teeth, "So close," she muttered.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

892K 15.1K 22
DISCRETION SERIES - Stand Alone - BOOK #5 ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ " I only trust you, Tesoro.. " He muttered once again, not budging when I tried to pull...
6.1K 363 45
Emma Carter was a woman with a plan - a plan to weave her way up the ladder of success in the fashion world, to create a life that was as seamless as...
282K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
53.4K 1.3K 43
Charlie gives birth to a beautiful baby girl. Maria is marrying Silas, again. Elizabeth is still trying to move on after the incident this time hand...