True Heir

Por euphoria_nina

So, apparently the richest man in the state is now close friends with me, a diner girl. And apparently his be... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43: II
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Reminder to Rude Readers

Chapter 47

57.7K 1.6K 89
Por euphoria_nina

Chapter 47

As I walked out of the house a car came rushing and stopped before I could even take a step down the stairs of my porch.

My eyes widened as I saw who it was.

"You can't leave for Paris." Jake said sternly. "You can't leave me."

"W-what?"

He shook his head. "Look, I'm sorry for betraying you like that. I didn't mean to do it. You know I wouldn't do that to you on purpose."

"Jake it's not just that-"

"I know. I'm sorry for accusing you, I'm sorry for hurting you." he said then sighed deeply. "I guess I couldn't bare to go through what I did with Carrie again, and the thing is I loved you more than I ever loved her. I got jealous when I saw those pictures of you and Anthony, it worsened when I saw you a few days ago during Colby's birthday. You seemed happy."

Guilt began growing inside me. He thought I was doing great without him in my life, but it was the exact opposite.

"I'm sorry." I started. "I didn't mean it to seem like that. I didn't mean to make it seem like...like I was happy without you."

"Anthony talked to me awhile ago."

That shocked me. "What?"

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah. He explained everything, and so did Kaleb. I'm so sorry, Nina. I know I need to do a lot of things to get back your trust and to get your forgiveness-"

"Jake." I said cutting him off. "Yes, you'll need to work to get my trust back-"

"Don't leave." he said stopping me. "I still love you Nina, and I never stopped loving you no matter how mad and stupid I was."

"Jake, I have to go. I have to attend to business there and...and I need some time alone...to think."

He stared into my eyes and sighed. "I can't stop you, can I?"

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, Jake."

"How long will you be gone?"

"A few weeks?"

"So, you won't make it back in time for New Year?"

I shook my head. "I don't think so."

He sighed and I could see the sadness on his face. "You...you think we could go back to normal."

I gave him a small smile. "It's not impossible."

He returned with his own small smile. "I'll...let you go now, I guess."

I walked to my car and the driver opened it for me. I turned back to Jake. "Bye, Jake."

"Bye, love."

That made butterflies erupt in my stomach. I gave him one last smile and got into the car.

I couldn't help but look back as we drove away.

I arrived at the airport and went on my way to the private jet.

I've already talked to Jace and he allowed me to use his condo during my stay there. I've already said goodbye to everyone a few hours ago.

"Nina." someone called making me look up to see Tony and Kaleb.

Everyone expect those two guys.

I smiled at them.

"You didn't think I'd let you go without saying goodbye, did you?" Kaleb said as he opened his arms for a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him as he did the same. "Take care of yourself, alright?"

"You know I will." I said as we pulled away.

"So, uh, did you catch Jake?" Tony asked.

I sighed. "Yeah, I did."

"Uhm, I didn't get to tell him something awhile ago, and I think you need to know before leaving."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What is it?"

"We know where the pictures came from."

My eyes slightly widened.

"They came from Victor and Carrie."

"What?"

He nodded. "The girl that was in the picture was Carrie."

"H-how?"

"It was Victor's men that saw us in the cemetery remember?"

I nodded remembering that Bianca cheated on Victor with Tony.

"Yeah. So, they took pictures and reported back to Victor and of course, him being a dick he is went to Carrie and decided to mess with you guys."

I'm honestly not shocked that they would team up to ruin Jake and I's relationship.

"It was a coincidence that Carrie was in New York. She saw Jake go in a bar and, yeah, everything happened. It was Carrie that sent those pictures."

I pinched the skin between my eyebrows as I closed my eyes and sighed deeply.

"Yeah, I'm sorry to drop this all on you before you leave." Tony said sheepishly.

I let out a breath slowly and looked back up at him giving him a small smile. "Thanks, for talking to Jake and telling me."

He gave me a small smile. "Well, as hard as it is I have to let you go now." he said dramatically making me chuckle lightly.

I opened my arms and we hugged. "Take care of yourself, violent."

I chuckled as we pulled away. "You too."

"See you when you get back."

"Bye, guys!" I said waving as I walked away and to the entrance of my jet.

~*~

I've been in Paris for a couple of days now. I've been working most of the days and Emily and Rob have been visiting me.

I told Emily about the break up and we had one of those mother-daughter talks.

"How are you holding up, sweetie? You know your brother's always calling and ordering me to make sure that you were doing alright, I swear I think that boy forgets that I'm his mother." she said making me chuckle lightly.

"He calls or texts almost everyday and I've reassured him that I'm doing fine. I guess I need to convince him more to make him stop worrying so much."

"He's your brother sweetie, he'll never stop worrying about you."

I sighed playfully. "Figures."

"So, how are you?"

I bit my lip as I unconsciously played with my necklace. "I honestly miss him."

"Well, do you still talk?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but it's different when we talk. Sometimes it's awkward and sometimes we go back to normal. He even accidentally calls me love at times."

Emily smiled softly. "He still loves you, Nina; and you still love him too."

I smiled softly and sheepishly at her. "I never stopped."

"Just give it time sweetheart. If you really love each other, you'll find a way back."

The doorbell rang snapping me out of my thoughts.

I went to the door and opened it.

"Hey."

A huge smile broke out on my face. "No way!"

He chuckled and opened his arms. I quickly jumped in them and squealed as I hugged him tight.

"Oh my God, Jace! What are you doing here?"

We pulled away and he stepped aside.

"I brought someone else along too."

"You bitch." she growled.

My eyes widened.

"You promised we'd talk everyday!"

I smiled and launched myself at her. "I miss you couz!"

Letty chuckled and hugged me tight. "You better!"

Another person walked in and my smile dropped as Letty and I pulled away from each other.

"Oh, it's you." I said dryly.

"Great to see you too, Nina." he said smirking.

I smiled and hugged him. We pulled away and I punched his arm.

"Ow! Jeez, I just came and you're so violent already." Tony said rubbing his arm.

"Ohh, how I've missed doing that." I said smiling cheekily at him.

"Hey, I have a delivery for you." he said turning to the door.

He whistled and in came a freaking cute Labrador with a blue bow loosely tied around his neck.

"Oh my God!" I squealed and bended down to pick him up.

"He's adorable!"

"How'd you know it was a guy?" Jace asked.

I shrugged. "Just a guess."

"He's from Jake." Tony said.

"Really?"

He nodded. "Yeah. He adopted the little guy a few days ago and made us deliver him here to you since he knew we were coming here."

That's sweet of him.

"What's his name?" I asked chuckling as he licked my face.

"Prince. Well, that's what his collar says."

I looked at his neck to see a blue collar under the ribbon and a round silver tag that said Prince with a crown on top of the 'i'.

"Hello, my little Prince." I said lifting him up and he licked my nose making me scrunch it up.

That just reminded me of Jake.

"He's so adorable."

"Here." Letty said handing me a bag. "They're a package." she said looking at Prince.

I placed Prince down and he began running all over the place making me smile.

I opened the bag to see a leash, toys and other doggie stuff for Prince.

I heard a small bark and I saw Prince chasing his tail around making me chuckle.

I got my phone and called Jake.

He answered on the third ring.

"Hello?" His voice was hoarse, like he just woke up.

I face palmed myself. "Hey. I'm sorry, I forgot about the time difference."

"Hey, Nina. Its fine."

"Sorry. Go back to bed I'll call you in the morning." I said sheepishly.

"No, it's fine. Why'd you call?"

"I just wanted to thank you, for Prince. I love him."

"I'm glad that you do. I just a adopted him and I thought I'd give him to you."

I smiled. "Thanks."

"Hey, Nina! I'm starving, let's go!" Jace called.

I rolled my eyes at him as I heard Jake chuckle.

"I'll let you get back to sleep. Bye. And thanks again."

"No problem. Bye."

We hung up and I got my coat and bag and looked for Prince.

"Prince!" I called and he came out from behind the couch and came running to me.

I chuckled and picked him up. I removed the ribbon and got his leash and placed it in my bag.

"Let's tour, Paris, shall we?" I said kissing his head as I followed the others out the loft.

"So, you're really not gonna be back for New Year's?" Letty asked.

We were currently in a cafe seated outside. Jace and I toured Letty and Tony around Paris, but mostly Jace toured us because he's been in Paris more than I have.

I shook my head. "No. I don't think so."

"I'll go next year." I added smiling lightly.

"You suck." Letty said crossing her arms.

"Yeah. I thought I was finally gonna celebrate New Year's with my baby sis." Jace said making me smile at him sheepishly.

"If you're not coming home, where are you gonna celebrate New Year's?" Tony said not even looking at me as he played with Prince who was on his lap.

I shrugged as I drank some of my hot chocolate. "I don't know. I'll figure something out."

"Tell me where you're going, alright?" Jace said.

I nodded. "Yeah, I will. Don't worry."

"Hey, have you been to Rob and Emily?" I asked changing the subject.

"Oh, yeah." He said sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I rolled my eyes. "You haven't, have you?"

He chuckled sheepishly.

I shook my head. "How long are you guys staying by the way?"

"A week." Letty said shrugging as she drank her cappuccino.

"A week off work, it is." I said making them chuckle.

~*~

"Tony! Stop chasing Prince and Scottie around the house!" I scolded for the nth time.

We were in Rob and Emily's mansion right now and I didn't know that they had a German Shepard, who's Scottie.

I brought Prince along and they instantly became best friends and started playing with each other.

Tony, was being a child. He started running around and playing with them as well.

"Oh my God, he is such a child." I groaned as Tony continued running around with Prince and Scottie now chasing him.

Jace chuckled and shook his head. "He loves Prince."

"Obviously." I said rolling my eyes.

"You should get the boy a dog." Emily said amused.

"He can get one his self." Jace said shaking his head, an amused smile on his lips.

Emily chuckled. "I'm so glad you came to see your sister, sweetheart."

Jace shrugged smugly. "Well, what can I say, I'm an awesome brother."

Letty rolled her eyes. "Aunt Emily, I just want you to know that your son is a huge pain in the head."

We all laughed and Jace just glared at us, more specifically Letty.

"So, how are you son?" Rob asked.

"Great." Jace replied shrugging. "But it would be better if Letty moved to London or something, you know, far away from me."

Letty slapped Jace on the arm making Jace jump slightly and glare at Letty.

"Nina!" Tony called. "Uhm, a little help?"

I groaned rolling my eyes as I stood up and headed out of the living room.

I saw Tony with Scottie, but no Prince.

"Tony." I called making him look at me.

"Yeah, uh, we," he said looking at Scottie then back at me. "kinda lost Prince."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean you lost him?"

"Well, he wouldn't come when I called."

I groaned. "Prince! Come here, boy!"

Soon enough I heard small laws coming my this way.

He stopped below me and looked up at me, his tail wagging and his tongue hanging from his mouth.

"There you are sweetie." I said picking him up.

He started licking my nose making me chuckle.

I placed him back down and he started playing with Scottie again.

I looked up at Tony to see him looking down amused as Scottie and Prince played on the ground.

"You know you can get a dog, if you want." I stated.

"Hmm, I might just go do that when we get home." he said smirking considering doing it.

I smiled and shook my head.

Three days later

"So, what's the plan for today?" I asked sitting down on one of the stools.

"Shopping!" Letty announced making the guys groan.

She rolled her eyes at them. "Oh, shut up guys. You don't have to go you know."

"True. But I came here to spend some time with my baby sis. So, I'm going." Jace pointed out.

Aww, brother-sister love.

"Well, as long as Prince is going, so am I." Tony said as he played with Prince that was on his lap.

How annoying.

I rolled my eyes. "I swear it's like you came here for Prince."

He smiled at me innocently.

My jaw dropped in realization. "You did come here for Prince!" I accused.

He chuckled sheepishly and shrugged.

"You are a terrible friend!" I said crossing my arms as I glared at him.

"Hey, in my defense the little guy's cute, and I was planning to visit you already, it just came earlier." He said shrugging innocently.

The door bell rang making Prince stand on Tony's lap and jump off.

"Prince!" Tony complained as I stood up and headed to the door.

"I'm gonna train Prince to hate you." I teased as I began to open the door.

Prince barked making me look down at him. He went out of the door before I can even fully open it.

"Prince!" I called as I followed him with my eyes.

He was jumping on someone's leg making the person chuckle. I looked up to see the person pick Prince up and Prince began licking his face.

"Hey, buddy." He said happily.

Prince barked happily, and I think I stopped breathing.

He looked at me smiling softly. "Hey, Nina."

"Jake?" I said shocked that he was here right now.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, realizing that I sounded rude. "I-I mean, come in."

He placed Prince back on the ground and got his suitcase pulling it in, Prince following him, his tail waggling.

I closed the door and tried to get myself together while I wasn't facing him.

I was too shocked that he was here right now. It's only been a few days after everything's happened.

I took a deep breath and faced him. He had Prince back in his arms. He was chuckling as Prince began licking his face again.

I smiled softly. This is such a cute moment, I wish I could take a picture of it, but decided against it.

"So, uh, you wanna go to the kitchen? The others are in there."

He looked up at me and smiled. "Sure."

He put Prince down and we went to the kitchen, Prince following us.

Once we arrived in the kitchen Letty and Tony looked at us shocked. Jace was nowhere in sight.

"Jake?" Letty said surprised.

"What are you doing here?" Tony asked.

I looked at Jake to see him look at us in confusion.

"You really didn't know I was coming?"

Everyone, including me, shook their heads.

"Didn't Jace tell you?"

"Jace knows you're coming today?" I asked.

Their bromance was sown back together. They talked things out and apologized, and now they're back to normal.

He looked at me and nodded. "Yeah. I called him two days ago. I told him I had a business trip here and that I would come visit you guys and stuff."

Right at that very moment Jace came into the room his eye trained on his phone.

"Jace." Jake called making him look up from his phone.

Jace broke out in a smile and stuffed his phone into his pocket. "Jake! When did you get here?" He said enthusiastically as he hugged him.

Jake rolled his eyes and hugged him back. They pulled away and Jake looked at him dryly. "You forgot to tell them I was coming, didn't you?"

Jake smiled sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, I knew I forgot something."

Jake groaned while I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry." Jace said sheepishly as he chuckled.

Well, no wonder no one knew about Jake coming today except Jace.

"Well, you're here now, so, I'll show you to your room and you can unpack." Jace said as he pulled Jake out of the kitchen.

Damn, Jace. He could've warned me that Jake was coming, much less staying with us. I could've prepared myself for this.

Once they were gone, Letty spoke. "Well. That was..."

"Shocking." I said finishing for her as I sat on the stool in front of her.

"Prince. Come here, boy." Tony said calling Prince over. He picked him up and placed him on his lap and started playing with him again.

"Why don't you just marry him, Tony?" I said.

"Well, someone's moody." he said smirking teasingly.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, shut up."

He chuckled and put Prince down on the ground, and Prince being him, he started running around the place randomly.

"Aww, don't be jealous Nina. Just because I pay more attention to Prince doesn't mean I don't love you." he said coming over to me and hugging as I gave him a 'what the hell are you talking about' look.

"Get. Off." I growled.

He chuckled and got off. "What's up?"

I gave him a dry look. "The ceiling."

"Oh, really?" he said sarcastically as he looked up at the ceiling in awe. "I haven't noticed."

"Hey, you're right! It is the ceiling!" He said excitedly looking back at me.

I rolled my eyes. "You're such an idiot."

"I feel so bad for your future girlfriend." Letty teases shaking her head.

Tony scoffed. "You should know,"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He smirked teasingly at her. "You have Kaleb, and he's an idiot."

My eyebrows raised and Letty's jaw dropped.

"What are you talking about?"

"We all know you like him as much as he likes you." he teased, but I could tell he knows what he's talking about.

I mean, I know that Kaleb likes Letty, but Letty either doesn't like him or won't admit it.

Letty scoffed. "As if."

He chuckled and stood up then walked to me. "Come on." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me up from the stool. "You need to talk to doctor Tony."

I gave a 'what the hell' look as he pulled me out of the kitchen and to the balcony.

He closed the glass door behind us and went to lean on the railing.

"How are you not bothered by Jake being here all of a sudden?" I blurted out.

"So, that's what's bothering you." he said. "You're still not over it yet?"

"I am. I mean, I kinda am, or..." I said trailing off.

I sighed and leaned on the railing. We had a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower and the city below us.

"Talk to me." Tony said as he looked at the view.

"I mean, we're okay, but we're not." I started.

"You're friends now, right? Everything's alright between you two?" He asked and I nodded.

"It's just awkward sometimes. I mean, we we're just broke up and stuff. I didn't have time to prepare myself for him to stay here."

I don't think I'm emotionally ready for us to be staying under the same roof for a few days.

"Don't worry, we're all here for you." he said smiling at me reassuringly.

I smiled back at him.

"Hey, you didn't answer my question."

"What question?"

"How are you not bothered with him being here?" I repeated.

He shrugged. "Well, we talked about it. We're not best buddies cause what I did to him was really, really horrible, but we're civil to each other now."

"Great to hear that." I said smiling softly.

After a few seconds of silence he spoke up again. "I told him about Dan."

I looked at him shocked. "R-really?"

He nodded and smiled softly at me, then looked back at the view. "I explained myself and basically my secrets came out. I apologized and everything."

"What did he say?" I said curious as to what happened between them.

"I hurt him and I know that. But what shocked me was that he was sorta thankful that I did it; that I took Carrie away from him."

My eyes widened. "What?!" I asked shocked.

He was thankful that Tony room her away? That he embarrassed him and hurt him?

He nodded. "Yeah."

He then looked at me and smiled softly. "He's thankful because, if I never did that, then he would still be with Carrie. He would be blinded by her and she would continue in using him. If I never took her away, then he wouldn't have met you."

I stared at me. He was right. If they never broke up I wouldn't have met Jake, heck I wouldn't have met and found Jace. I would still be under Marian's call and order.

"He really loves you, you know. He wouldn't be the person he is right now without you. Heck, we would still be enemies if it wasn't for you. I mean, yeah, I'm the reason why you broke up-"

"No. Tony its not your fault." I said cutting him off.

"It was pretty much my fault, I mean I made you guys fight and stuff. Anyways, I guess what I'm saying is that you just need to relax. Give it some time, alright? Give him a chance. You know he didn't mean any of those things. He was hurt and it kinda traumatized and blinded him."

I sighed. "Yeah, I know. I get his point of view, why he was jealous, and mad, and irrational. Even if it was a misunderstanding, I get him. The thing that hurt me was the fact that he thinks that I'm just like his ex."

It hurt that he said those words, that he compared me to her. She's a slut and a user. I mean, come on, the whole world knows it, and I am far from anything like her.

"I get that he was mad and everything. But it still hurt."

"But you forgave him already, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah. But you know it's awkward. He's my ex now..."

He chuckled. "Yeah, it's actually awkward."

I sighed smiling. "Thanks, Tony."

"That's what I'm here for." he said smugly making me roll my eyes at him.

"This session will cause a hundred dollars, please." he said.

I gaped at him and punched his arm.

"Violent!" He complained rubbing his arm.

I chuckled. "Wimp."

"I am not a wimp!" He said sounding like a child.

I chuckled and shook my head at him and stared out at the view.

After Jake unpacked and got some rest we headed out to do some shopping, much to the guys delight, but they came either way.

Letty and I went to about ten shops, give or take. It was a good thing we brought a car, cause we had a lot of bags in our hands by the time we were done.

We were in a cafe right now thinking of what to do next.

We brought Prince along, he was currently on Jake's lap as he plays with him.

"I have an awesome idea!" Letty announced making us look at her.

"What?" I asked.

She smiled mischievously. "You'll see when we get there."

"Seriously?" Tony said as we arrived at our destination.

"What are you, six?" Jace said making Letty punch him on the arm.

Jace groaned and glared at Letty as he rubbed the sore spot.

"Come on, guys! It's just for fun." Letty said as she grabbed my wrist and Jake's who was beside her and pulled us into the store.

We were currently in a costume shop. Letty had a great idea of dressing up and taking pictures for fun.

"Hello?" Letty said as she went to the cashier and rang the bell.

"Oui?" An old man, that looked like he was in his early sixties, said coming up to us.

"Uhm, English?"

We all chuckled quietly as she attempted to make the man understand.

"I can speak French you know." Jace said.

Letty rolled her eyes. "I don't trust you."

She turned back to the man and smiled. "Uh..."

The man chuckled. "Yes, I speak English." he said with a thick French accent.

"Oh, great." Letty said happily. "So, uhm, we were wondering if we can rent your costume shop for today?"

"Rent?" The man asked confused.

"Uh, yeah. Close your shop and let us try costumes and take pictures, for fun. We'll pay you."

"Aren't you too old to play dress up?"

"Exactly what I said." Jace said.

Letty turned and glared at him. "Shut up."

She turned back to the man and smiled shrugging. "Well, it's just for fun. You know, feel like a kid again, forget about our problems."

The man seemed like he was considering it. He then smiled and nodded. "Alright. I will close the shop. How many hours would you like to stay here?"

"Yes!" Letty said triumphantly. "Uhm, two to three hours would be enough."

The man nodded. "Okay, enjoy yourselves." he said gesturing to the entire shop.

"Thank you!" Letty said and grabbed my wrist pulling me to the different aisles.

"Jace make sure to pay him." Letty called.

"Why me?" Jace complained.

~*~

I chuckled as Tony came out wearing a detective outfit, complete with a magnifying glass.

We've been changing outfits for two hours now. Mixing and matching different outfits, taking pictures, and just goofing around while Letty played some music.

I was currently in a poofy pink dress with a crown on my head. Letty was dressed up as a fairy. Jace was dressed as a knight and Jake was in a prince outfit, complete with a cape and crown. Prince was wearing a bow tie and a top hat, puppy size.

"Nina! Put this on." Letty demanded shoving the costume in my arms and pushing me in the dressing room.

She closed the curtain and I looked at what she was making me wear.

It was a white long sleeved dress that flowed till the ground with a gold belt wrapped around my waist.

I came out of the dressing room and looked at Letty who was dancing to the song that was currently playing.

"What am I supposed to be?"

Letty looked at me and grabbed some props. She put a gold ring on my head and made me wear angel wings.

"An angel?"

She nodded. "Hey, you look good!"

I chuckled and flicked my hair. "Of course I do."

"So say, Geronimo! Say Geronimo!" The chorus started playing and we began dancing and singing to it.

Letty twirled me around and I landed in the hands of Jake.

"Say Geronimo! Say Geronimo!" We sang as he spun me around.

This feels so normal. It feels like nothing was wrong with us, like nothing bad happened.

It wasn't awkward as we took pictures with only the two of us and we danced with each other just laughing and having fun.

Soon, our three hour rent was done and we had to put on our normal clothes and made sure that all the costumes we got were back where they belonged without any damages. I ended up buying the bow tie and top hat for Prince.

We thanked the old man and headed outside. It was already dark out and I looked at my wrist watch to see that it was already dinner time.

"Wanna head back to the condo and make dinner or you guys wanna eat dinner out?" Jace asked as we all got in his car.

"Eat out." we all said simultaneously.

Yeah, knowing us we're all too lazy to cook and clean up after.

We ate at a famous French restaurant which was Jace's treat.

The whole time we ate we just talked and joked around.

Prince was with Tony as usual. I swear this guy needs to get his own dog soon.

After Jace paid the bill we decided to go back to his condo.

We bought wine on the way home since Letty, again, had a great idea for us to "bond".

And now here we are in the living room talking and laughing about random things.

After a while we all got tired and headed to our rooms. There was only one guest room, so the boys ended up sharing Jace's room, while Letty and I went to my room, aka the guest room.

It was already 10:30 and Letty was passed out beside me.

I couldn't sleep so I decided to go out and get some fresh air in the balcony.

There was still some leftover wine, so I decided to take it out with me with a glass.

I sat on the couch as I faced the Eiffel Tower that was shining in the night with its lights.

The wind swept through my hair as I drank some wine and spaced out.

I don't know how long I've been spacing out cause when I heard the glass door open I jumped, letting out a small gasp as my head snapped to the door.

I sighed when I saw who it was. "Jake. You scared me."

He smiled sheepishly as he closed the door. "Sorry. I didn't think anyone was out here."

I noticed that he was wearing dark blue pajama pants, a white tank and a black hoodie that was zipped half way.

"Couldn't sleep?" He said sitting down beside me, making sure to leave a little space between.

I shook my head. "You too?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I didn't know Tony could snore that much. I honestly don't know how your brother sleeps through that."

I chuckled lightly. "Jace is a deep sleeper."

"Too deep."

I chuckled again as I looked back at the view. Then I realized something, Jake didn't say Anthony, he called him Tony.

Huh, I guess they are...civil, towards each other now.

Wow, my brain is really slow right now.

I sighed and rested my back against the couch pulling my legs up and sitting criss cross.

"You know, I always thought that I would be the one to bring you to Paris in your first time." Jake said softly, breaking the silence.

I smiled lightly. "Well, technically you did." I said, either of us not looking away from the view.

"You were one of the reasons why I came here." I added.

After a few seconds I spoke again. "You know, I never got to say sorry."

I could see from the corner of my eyes that he looked at me confused.

"What?"

"I never got to say sorry for taking Tony's side, for not being more understanding." I explained.

We already talked about this. We explained both our sides. I told him I understood him for being so mad at Tony, after he put me in danger, and after he stole Carrie from him. I understood, but my pride didn't.

"I knew things about Tony that made me take his side. It was all just a bomb that exploded right then and there. After that emotional and physical experience I went through with Tony, I ended up taking his side and I didn't bother to think that I should've been in the middle." I explained further.

I sighed deeply. "I'm sorry Jake. For everything I said, everything I did."

I looked at him to see him smiling lightly at me.

"It's alright. Compared to yours, I was worst. You know I didn't mean-"

"And I forgive you. I've already forgiven you." I said cutting him off knowing he was gonna apologize...again.

He smiled and sighed looking out into the city below us.

"You think...we could...give us another chance?"

I think I stopped breathing.

"Maybe." I said finally letting it out in a hushed tone.

He didn't reply. Neither of us said a word.

"You know, I was planning to have our New Year's kiss when the clock strikes 12." he said.

That honestly reminded me of the ball drop in New York City, when everyone would kiss when the clock strikes 12 and confetti would be flying everyone and all you could hear were fireworks and music in Times Square.

Yeah, New Year's Eve got to me bad.

I smiled at that. "Maybe one day."

"So, if you're not coming home. Where are you celebrating?"

I shrugged. "I honestly don't know."

I actually do know where. I've always known.

"I'll make you a deal." he said, a hint of playfulness in his voice.

I looked at him curiously. "What kind of deal?"

He smirked mischievously. "You know how in Times Square when the clock strikes 12 everyone kisses, even random strangers?"

I nodded.

"If I find you on New Year's Eve, I get to kiss you when the clock strikes 12."

I smirked. "With a condition."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "What?"

"You cannot ask anyone where I am. And I will know, Jake, I will know if you ask anyone. You need to figure it out yourself." I said pointedly.

He groaned. "That's unfair! The world's huge!"

I shrugged. "Those are my conditions. Take it or leave it."

We had a stare down and he finally groaned in defeat. "Fine. Deal."

I smiled triumphantly as we shook hands.

If you really know and love me Jake, you'll know exactly where to find me.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

797K 17.3K 49
Hi, I've written this story when I was super young, and now I honestly think it's cringe worthy. I recommend anyone older than 14 to move on. Don't r...
1.2K 35 7
Hey... my name is Kavya Roshan from India, it's my first fanfiction in wattpad, I am a new ff writer (still studying ) I am an BTS army to 💜 ... so...
9.8K 277 45
Idk wtf this is. Enjoy my first attempt at creating a story. (It's probably gonna suck lol) Summary: You kinda do some illegal stuff with your bestie...
189 6 24
I'm so doomed... How am i supposed to live with a very annoying human being. He is going to drive me crazy! If I have to count how many times I've sa...