Love Me Again: Business Marri...

By Princess--

Matt and Veronica shared a love story. A love story that failed to have a happy ever after. Both of them thou... More

[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 10]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Epilogue]

[Chapter 7]

18.4K 459 9
By Princess--

Chapter 7

“I told you about her.” Veronica whispered through her teeth. They quickly fixed up Matt’s room. It was a good thing there was a door that goes through to the master’s bedroom. They moved all of Matt’s things into Veronica’s room. “She can’t stay here, Matt. I won’t be able to pretend we’re okay.”

“I don’t want her here either!” he uttered irritably.

“Ssh!”

“Tell her to go.”

“Is she my sister? You tell her.” Veronica was getting irritated. Matt could be really annoying sometimes.

“Is everything alright?”

They both turned and looked at the doorway.

“Of course, Elaiza. We’re just fixing your bed.”

“Oh I thought you guys were arguing.” She laughed and did a hand gesture.

“Uhmm.. it’s just sweet nothings.” Veronica said.

“Oh, sweeeeeeet.” A playful smile crept onto Elaiza’s lips. “I’m really sorry I am bothering you.”

“Yes, you knew the perfect time to bother us, lil sis.” Matt said.

“Hon.” Veronica murmured. She felt awkward saying it.

“Oh, I really missed your sarcasm, Matt!” Elaiza said as she wrapped her arm around Matt’s. “Did you miss my wit?”

“No. Is there any way you can go, get a taxi?”

“ Are you saying I’m allowed to sleep with Dave?” she winked.

“No!” Matt scowled as he fluffed the pillows. He turned around. “Go to your friends’. We’re making a baby, Elaiza. You should consider that. We need privacy. Should I call a taxi now?” he asked, trying to shake Elaiza off his arms. Veronica knew they missed each other. Her stomach was in knots as she listened to their conversation. Making a baby?

“Oh, Matt, I don’t really mind if you make babies. A lot of babies! You can do whatever you want, I won’t bother you. My friends live far from here, you know that. But if I’m allowed to stay with–”

“No DAVE.”Matt argued in an authoritative voice.

“Then, there’s no other place but here. I already told Veronica and she said yes. Besides, it’s just for two days.”

Matt didn’t say anything so Elaiza turned to Veronica. “Right, Veronica?”

“Y-Yeah!” she answered, unsure what to say.

Matt looked at her, as if saying ‘This is your fault.’ She rolled her eyes.

●●●

Veronica could barely breathe while she lay beside Matt. The space between them was big but she couldn’t bring her heart to calm down. She was too tense. All the more because she could smell him. He smelled fresh.

Wait, wait, wait. What’s happening to her? She hates him.

Hate? Okay. Hate is probably too much. She was just a bit mad. Then why was she looking at him like he was a God or something?

I’m not!

Oh, yes you are.

No, I’m really not.

Okay, deny it.

“Stop it!” she suddenly muttered under her breath.

“Stop what?” Matt turned.

Veronica briskly put her hand over her mouth. “N-Nothing.” She replied and closed her eyes.

It was silent for a few minutes.

“Veronica?” Matt called.

She didn’t answer. She put her hand to her heart. It was still beating so fast. She felt Matt turn. She firmly closed her eyes. She wanted to sleep and wake up when Elaiza was gone so they no longer had to pretend. He turned again. She didn’t move. She pretended to be asleep.

“Veronica?” he called again.

“Huh?” her eyes snapped open. Ugh! She wanted to smack herself.

“Ah…” he said. He didn’t say anything else.

“What?” she asked and turned around.

“Nothing. I thought… Never mind.”

“Can I sleep now?” she said in an annoyed tone.

“Sure, sure. Just…”

“Just what?”

“Don’t forget to breathe.”

Veronica turned to the side so she wouldn’t see him. Wasn’t she breathing? Wait… he was watching her breathing?

●●●

Veronica woke up to a strange feeling on her skin. It was deliciously warm. Warm… Warm? And it had a funny rhythm just like breathing. Breathing?

She opened her eyes and pushed the comforter off her face. Her eyes widened as she saw that Matt’s face was only a few inches from hers. His arms were wrapped around her waist and his leg was on top of her thighs. Her heart suddenly started pounding. She quickly pushed his leg off and looked at him.

He still sleeps like a baby. She felt a bit of pain in her heart. But the longer she watched him sleep, the more her heart calmed down. He looked so peaceful. She brushed her hand across his cheeks.  

Veronica, she debated with herself. But her hand remained on his face. Matt suddenly moved and she quickly closed her eyes, taking her hand off his face. Her heart suddenly sped up. She couldn’t move when he tightened his arm around her waist. She tried to push him off but he hugged her even tighter.

“Matt.” She said, putting her hand to his chest as she tried to shove him away. There should be no physical contact. She swore to herself what happened that fateful night would be the last. But why couldn’t she control herself?

“Mmm…” he moaned, burying his face in her neck. She felt like she was going to have a fever anytime.

“Matt, wake up!” she yelled and forced him away from her.

“I’m sorry.” He muttered with his eyes half closed. He moved away.

Veronica didn’t speak. She got up and put on her robe.

“I’m gonna go prepare breakfast.” She said without looking at him. But she stopped when she remembered something. She bowed down and whispered to him. “You should eat breakfast.”

Matt yawned, still half asleep and nodded.

“Greet me good morning and don’t forget to kiss me.” She reminded him. She paused when he suddenly pulled her towards him

“Good morning, honey.” He whispered as he kissed her. It was too late to pull away. She felt weak but he caught her in his arms. She felt too feeble to stop his tongue from entering her mouth. Their tongues played. She worried about her morning breath because he just tasted so good. So damn good. She suddenly felt something hard in front of her. It took her seconds to realize and she came back to reality. She promised herself never to allow it to happen again. What was she doing?

“Gross!” she whined as she pulled away. “I meant goodbye kiss! We only have to kiss when someone’s watching!” her tone was angry, but she tried to keep it low.

Matt shrugged. “I thought you meant now.”

She tried to calm herself as she went to the kitchen.

“Good morning!” Elaize greeted. Veronica was startled. She turned and saw Elaiza all dressed up.

“Good morning! Why, you look great!” she commented, scanning her outfit.

“Thanks, Veronica. I need that. I need to look amazing. I have to make a good impression!” she was excited. “Aren’t you working today?” she asked as she examined her robe.

“I open the boutique at nine. I still have plenty of time. Sit down.” She prepared the table then went and turned on the stove.

“Is this how you pamper Matt?” Elaiza asked while putting plates on the table.

She smiled, focusing her attention on the bacon she was frying . I would have if only he wanted to…

“I heard my name.”

Veronica took a deep breath when she heard Matt speak. She turned and smiled. “Good morning, hon.”

She tried not to seem alarmed when he put his arm around her waist and then kissed her. “Good morning, honey.”

Instantly, her lung was filled with the scent of his cologne. Actually, it’s not just cologne. It’s a mixture of aftershave, shampoo and soap and that manly scent. If he hadn’t held her up she would’ve turned to jelly.

Elaiza chuckled, perched at the end of a long sofa.

“Matt, stop distracting your wife. Why don’t you take a seat so she doesn’t burn the bacon?” she laughed.

But Matt stayed beside her.

“Geez, is that how newlyweds act?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Oh yes, lil sis.” Matt told her. His face was a few inches from him. She felt his warm breath on his face. Her knees felt wobbly.

“That’s not so you, Matt.” Elaiza said while narrowing her eyes. Veronica swallowed. Were they caught?

“And what does that supposed to mean?” he asked.

“I can handle this, hon. Just sit. “She managed to say. But still, he remained standing beside her, his arms around her.

“I doubt it, Veronica.” Elaiza debated. “Just sit down Matt, you were beside her all night.”

Matt sat down. Veronica walked over and put bacon and scrambled egg on their plates.

There was a playful smile on Elaiza’s lips as she watched the two.

“You’re not a zombie anymore, Matt! That’s what I wanted to say. Thanks to Veronica.” She said as she took a spoonful of scrambled eggs and bacon.

Matt and Veronica looked at each other. He rolled his eyes and kept eating. Suddenly, she felt sixteen again. She felt like crap.

“Everyone will be surprised.” She smiled. “I’m sure they will love you, Veronica.”

“They?” she wrinkled her nose. What was she talking about?

“Oh my.” Elaiza’s eyes widened and she raised her eyebrows. “Are you saying you forgot the party tonight?”

“Party?” her face wrinkled even more.

“Matt?” she turned to his brother.

Matt was about to speak when Veronica interrupted.

“How can I forget! Sorry, Elaiza, my memory’s not so good at this time of the day.” She let out a nervous laugh. “It’s just a welcome party for Elaiza. It’s not really big.”

Elaiza frowned. “The members of the board are going to be there. It’s gonna be big!”

Matt didn’t argue.

After they ate, Matt and Elaiza got ready for work.

“I’ll see you later, Veronica.” Elaiza kissed her cheek. “Dad will pick me up from the hotel so I’ll see you at the party.”

“Yeah… Good luck on your first day.”

She smiled genuinely. “Thanks!”

“Bye, honey.” Matt said while putting on his shoes.

“Take care, hon.” She cooed as she fixed his necktie.

 “What’s this party she’s talking about?” she whispered through her gritted teeth. “My God Matt–”

“I’ll take care of everything.” he murmured. “I’ll be home at four.”

She was about to speak when he suddenly kissed her. He nibbled on her lips as if he couldn’t get enough of it. And Veronica couldn’t help but kiss him back.

“I’ll see you at four.” He said when they pulled away. She nodded. She could still feel her lips throbbing from his kiss. Maybe she needed to clarify to Matt that they didn’t need to French-kiss in front of his sister. But why is it so damn good?

She saw Elaiza smiling at the doorway. She felt her cheeks redden. When they left, she hurriedly took a shower and got ready.

●●●

Veronica couldn’t concentrate on her work. She kept glancing at the clock. When it was finally 3 o’clock, she decided to close the boutique. She needed to get ready. She didn’t even have a clue what she was going to wear.

She was used to parties. But this was the first time she was going to attend a gathering as Mrs. Matt Simon Elezar. And she had to make a good impression because her husband’s coworkers and investors were going to be there.

When she got home, she rushed to her closet and searched for a dress. She chose a black strapless sequined dress and a two and a half inch black stilettos. She quickly got in the shower. She was still blow-drying her hair when she heard the door open. She wasn’t ready yet! She put on a robe and went to greet Matt.

She stopped when she saw him. He was wearing a tuxedo. A very elegant tux. He was speaking to someone on the phone and was pacing back and forth in the living room. She sighed. There was no way her black dress would match his elegance. She needed to find something else. She gestured at him when he looked at her. He pressed the end button and approached her.

“You should’ve warned me.” She told him. “I don’t have a dress that will match yours!”

“You’d look great wearing a sack, honey,” he answered.

“Ha-ha.” She said in a flat tone. She blushed from his compliment.

“Don’t worry.” He pinched her nose. “I’ve got something for you.”
Veronica raised an eyebrow.

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. Matt opened the door. Two women carrying a rack of gowns came in. She looked at Matt

He winked at her.

“Hello, Mrs. Elezar.” One woman greeted her. “I’m your make-up artist Frenzy. And this is Lucy and Cheena your dress consultants. Our sole mission is to make you the most beautiful woman tonight. Shall we get started?”

She grinned. “Oh good Lord, thank you!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 67 21
Sticky notes that can bring two person together. Ashley never stop trying and challenging herself. She was deeply in love with Scott but the main pro...
3.8M 107K 35
Selected by Cadbury Sweet Escapes A Wattpad Featured Story A rom-com that will make you laugh, cry, scream, pull your hair out, and start singing (m...
12 0 1
This is a story about how love endures over time. For a man coming out of a long coma, love is still as fresh as it was before his accident. For the...