Wolf's Tail: A LEO Journey

By WyxNull

The game of Limitless Expanse Online raged across the world, quickly becoming the hottest game around for 7 y... More

Chapter.1-Wolken
Chapter.2-Status
Chapter.3-The Shift
Chapter.4-Lost Elf
Chapter.5-Somalspire
Chapter.6-All Rise...
Chapter.7-...For The Honorable
Chapter.8-The Heist
Chapter.9-The Voyage(part 1)
Chapter.10-The Voyage(part 2)
Chapter.11-Alpha Wolf
Chapter.12-OP?
Chapter.13-The Capital
Chapter.15-The Short Journey
Chapter.16-Combat? Please?
Chapter.17-Finally?!
Chapter.18-Resonance
Chapter.19-Ahh! Solo!
Chapter.20-Of Smoke and Wolves
Chapter.21-Thief in the Night
Chapter.22-Ahhh... Piracy?
Chapter.23-Calm Before The Storm
Chapter.24.1-The Storm(part 1)
Chapter.24.2-The Storm(part 1)
Chapter.24.3-The Storm(part 1)

Chapter.14-A Classy Establishment

23 0 0
By WyxNull

I wake up early in the morning, blinking my red eyes open. Start by summoning out the bow from my inventory. This elven bow was very beautiful. It had a sleek but simple design with gold threading throughout the weapon.

{Ding! Item: Elven Recurve Bow(Green):

A bow created by a master bowyer. He messed up on the bow, but finished it anyway. One man's trash is another's treasure.

Requirements: Strength-17, Dexterity-20

Damage: 40-75

Accuracy(With System Assistance): 30%}

Too bad its an uncommon. They way that the rankings work is as follows:

"Poor" (Grey)

"Common" (White)

"Uncommon" (Green)

"Rare" (Blue)

"Epic" (Purple)

"Legendary" (Orange)

"Relic" (Red)

"Divine"(Pink)

Then it splits into three different types. The first tiers are of equal might and the second tiers are all equal to each other.

"Angelic"(Gold)  "Godly"(Rainbow) 

"Bedlam"(Silver) "Chaos"(Black)

 "Demonic"(Blood Red)  "Dark God"(Reverse Rainbow)

Poor or grey colored is the weakest type while Godly, Chaos, and Dark God are the strongest.

Overall, it is a pretty good weapon. I can do anywhere between 40-75 damage depending on where I hit, if the enemy is armored, and if my arrow can puncture. Different types of arrows will also affect the amount of damage dealt. Accuracy was a statistic on ranged weapons. It was the chance of hitting a target. This stat was only there if the player had on System Assistance. The type of weapon, quality of weapon, and the skill of the player all affect accuracy.

System Assistance was the system helping out players with their attack, skills, and defense. Not everybody is effective with their weapons, so the devs added in an auto-aim for almost everything in the game. This really helped noobs, but held back skilled players. With System Assistance on, the player could only attack in specific ways or use skills in specific ways. Without System Assistance, the player is free to attack or move in any way they want. For example, a dagger could only strike every 1.3 seconds with system assistance, but the same dagger could strike as fast as the user could swing it without System Assistance.

I also received a cool title.

{Ding! Title: Elven Wolf:

This title is given to those trained through years to come to the position of Elven Wolves. How did you get it? You cheated, that's how. You save one princess and everyone is like 'What a strong person, let's just give her stuff'. Yes, I am spiteful.

Effect: Increased movement speed by 15%. When being attacked, you have a 1% chance to dodge it, no matter what attack it is.}

It was actually pretty helpful. 15% doesn't sound like a lot, but it is compared to someone who doesn't have it. A 1% chance to be invulnerable to an attack is awesome! 1/100 times, I won't get hit!

{Ding! Hidden Quest: Princess Protection Agency completed.

Objective met: Escort the princess all the way back to her home 1/1.

Unlike Ugrask and Delphine, you stayed with the princess the whole time. Queen Ysifel and Princess Ilway thank you for your service. In my opinion, you didn't really do much to deserve this. The only heroic thing that you did was get drowned in the princess's tears.

Reward dispensing: 20,000 Xp, Increased Individual Relationship: Queen Ysifel-200 and Princess Ilway-200, Favor Token-Queen Ysifel.}

Dannnggg! That is so much Xp! I might even reach level ten! The relationship increases are also nice. Now I won't have to do twenty long, meaningless quests! And a Favor Token! These are rare items given to players for completing a certain quest. They could be used to receive help from the character that the token represents. The Tokens are extremely useful as they could be used for almost anything.

{Ding! Level up! Level:10 Gain 8 attribute points, 2 Charisma

Requirements met: Class Selection available.}

I quickly toss 4 points into strength and 4 points into constitution. While the points are nice, I'm more excited about the class selection. I quickly pull up the class selection menu, praying for some good classes. I see mostly the normal classes, glowing with white light. At the very bottom, I see three special classes. One glows with an orange light and the other two glows with a red color.

{Ding! Select your class:

[Rogue(white)]

[Mage(white)]

[Warrior(white)]

...

[Elven Wolf(orange)]

[Bard of Fenrir(red)]

[High-Priestess of Mowgli(red)]

I instantly eliminate all classes except for [Bard of Fenrir] and [High-Priestess of Mowgli]. I don't want a common when I have the options for higher. The legendary class of [Elven Wolf] would've been good if I didn't have a choice between two Relic tier classes. Which one should I pick? What is this [Bard of Fenrir]? Is he a god? Why have I never heard of a god having bard's? I thought they could only have clerics, paladins, and priests.

I try to think back, who are Fenrir and Mowgli? Oh! They are both wolf gods.

The way that gods work in LEO is that depending on the civilization's beliefs, energy of another plane of existence can gain a conscience. This conscience is considered a god in LEO. The power level of the god depends on the amount of worshipers, how much land/territory the followers have, and overall power of the followers. For instance, a single world civilization's god will be weaker than a galactic civilization's god. The power of the gods follows this trend until the most powerful gods. The 'True' gods. These are the most powerful civilizations gods. They are the most powerful god of their field(Magic, Agriculture, Evil, Alcohol). These true gods are only weaker than the Creator. The creature that made everything. As the players know him, The Overseer.

If I remember correctly, Fenrir is the True God of wolves from the Vixle Civilization. Fenrir is said to have an avatar of a massive black wolf with red eyes. No player ever saw him in my seven years, so I can't be sure. Mowgli should be this world's god of wolves. I think he showed up a few times as a raid boss. Always showed up as a human too.

I pick [Bard of Fenrir]. If I were to pick the high-priestess, I would basically be stuck on this planet since this is where Mowgli's followers are. As a high-priestess, I would have to be around the followers of Mowgli. Since I am following Fenrir, a galactic god, I don't have to worry about traveling too far. Also, as a bard, I use music to create magic, not the god bestowing me magic like a priestess. If I was a priestess, I would need to pray to the god and follow what they say. As a bard, I don't need to do exactly what Fenrir wants and says. After all, bards are supposed to be free to travel and tell tales. I'm not sure what the class entails, but I'm about to find out.

{Ding! You have selected class: Bard of Fenrir:

Description: Mages practice for years to be able to cast a single spell. Priests and clerics pray for months to cast a sing spell. Warlocks sell their souls to be able to cast their patron's magic. The bard laughs at all of these people. The bard uses music to create their own magic. Bards are naturally adventure driven and won't stay in one place too long. As a bard of Fenrir, you gain benefits from any music, action, or speech that involves anything to do with wolves.

Select an instrumental specialization: [Lute], [Lyre], ..., [Flute].}

I select Lute. I don't want an instrument that needs me to use my mouth. Also, singing goes fantastic with a lute.

{Ding! Specialization: Lute: Gain a 50% increase in effectiveness if using a Lute while singing. 100% if the song/music relates to wolves.

Class Ability: Bard's Tail: Out of combat, when performing, you can infuse magic into your performance. The type of magic is dependent on the performance. The magic used will be mostly beneficial effects, but can be harmful. Performances about wolves carry additional power and affects.

Class Ability: Wolves Howl: Any bardic skills, spells, or abilities that involve wolves will be 100% more effective.

Class Ability: Bardic Inspiration: If your music is heard your allies and yourself to do 20% better in all actions. This includes but is not limited to performing, persuasion, fighting, protecting, healing, magic, and learning. This does not stack.

Class Ability: Fenrir's Inspiration: If Bardic Inspiration is used on a wolf, it is 100% more effective.

Bardic Spell Casting: Your mana calculation is changed from (5*INT+5*lvl) to (5*CHA+5*lvl). To cast a spell, you need to be singing or playing an instrument.

Spells: Not Chosen - Pick 3 spells

[Disguise Self]

...

[Wolf's Valor]

[Comprehend Language]

[Lesser Illusion]

[Sleep]

[Mending]

[Nature's Wrath]

[Smite]

[Wolf's Furry]

...

[Alpha's Domination]}

That is a lot of information, I'll have to make sure I understand it all after I receive the rest of the benefits from my class. First, I need to pick three spells. All magic classes start with three level one spells. From there, the magic classes can learn more magic doing specific actions. For clerics, it is praying to their god. Once their piety reaches a certain level, they gain a spell. Warlocks can learn spells by completing their patron's missions and increasing their relationship points. Mages can learn by reading magical tomes. Bards learn spells by obtaining magical transcripts. These usually contain music in them that allows a bard to learn a spell.

There are a few spells that sound interesting, [Alpha's Domination], [Lupine Fury] [Comprehend Language], [Sleep], [Lesser Illusion], and [Wolf's Valor]. I have never heard of the first two or the last one, but the other three are beneficial spells. [Comprehend Language] is self-explanatory. [Sleep] can be used to make someone useless or defenseless. [Lesser Illusion] is mainly used to distract others, so a person can sneak by or hide.

I make my choice, selecting [Alpha's Domination], [Wolf's Valor], and [Wolf's Fury].

{Ding! Spells Chosen: [Alpha's Domination], [Wolf's Valor], and [Wolf's Fury]

WARNING: AS THE ONLY BARD OF THE GOD FENRIR, YOU SHARE A SPECIAL BOND WITH THE GOD.}

Is that it? And what was with that warning? That was entirely too much information. I think I have a migraine from trying to remember all of that. Luckily, I don't have to remember it, I just need to look at my status and see what is new.

[Name:Wyx Olfen][Wolfkin][Female]

[Class: Bard of Fenrir]

(level:10)(6300/11500)

Strength:25 Intelligence:11

Dexterity:67(17+5*lvl) Wisdom:10

Constitution:14 Charisma:27

Health:120/120(5*CON+5*lvl) - Stamina:100/100(5*lvl + 50) - Mana:185/185(5*CHA+5*lvl)

Titles:[Escape Artist], [Yes, I'm salty.], [Elven Wolf]

Racial Abilities:Pack(P), Shift(A)

Skills: Sneak(lvl:12), Deception(lvl:3), Performance(lvl:7), Unarmed(lvl:4), Dagger Novice(lvl:7), Intimidation(lvl:5), Prediction(lvl:2), Persuasion(lvl:2), Command(lvl:2), Thievery(lvl:1), Pact Magic(lvl:1)

Abilities: Sleeping Thief(A), Defensive Boost(P)

Player Abilities: Predator's Drive(P,2[3/10]), Gambler(A,1[0/10])

Class Abilities: [Bard's Tail], [Wolf's Howl], [Bardic Inspiration], [Fenrir's Inspiration], [Bardic Spell Casting]

Specializations: [Lute],

Spells:[Alpha's Domination], [Wolf's Valor], [Wolf's Fury]

Important relationships- Elf Race-Ally(1000), Lupine Species-Close Ally(5000), Princess Ilway- Close friends(720), Queen Ysifel-200(Liked), Fenrir- Neutral(0)

Where to start? My class now shows up as [Bard of Fenrir]. Now, if somebody doesn't know me, I should just show up as [Bard of Fenrir] upon inspection. If I have my mask on, I will show up as [The Wolf Queen] still.

My mana has changed to be based around my charisma instead of my intelligence thanks to [Bardic Spell Casting]. Now, increasing charisma will be extremely important. Bards rely on charisma and dexterity. They usually stay back and support their allies. I, however, will probably be by myself. I have to also raise my health and my strength.

While I'm checking my stuff, I might as well check what the level two [Predator's Drive] and [Gambler] do.

{Ding! Ability: Gambler:Gives a completely random Item. Also increases luck by 11 points. Cool down:20 hours

{Ding! Ability: Predator's Drive: Restores 51% of HP, SP, and MP by killing any creature, living or dead.}

[Predator's Drive] had an increase of 1%. While that may not seem like a lot, if I level it up to 100, it should reach 150% HP, SP, and MP. [Gambler] is really nice. Any increase in luck is appreciated. It might not seem important, but without luck I won't get any critical nor will my percentage based abilities activate.

[Bard's Tail] is pretty cool. On normal bards, it would be called [Bard's Tale]. It is the staple of performing as a bard. I remember one guy made an entire planet worship him because he would infuse his songs with magic. Of course, he was 100 levels higher than the highest leveled person, so it was fairly easy.

[Wolf's Howl] is amazing! If I sing about wolves and play a lute, my effectiveness will increase by a staggering 200%! That's nuts! I haven't even factored in the rest of my abilities yet!

[Bardic Inspiration] is the staple for bards during combat. 20% may not seem like a lot, but it really helps. Wait... if I use [Wolf's Howl] to the maximum, it will be 60%! That makes my allies 1.6 times stronger! I sigh depressingly. Too bad I won't have any allies. I will only get to 40% for myself since I can't attack while playing the lute.

[Fenrir's Inspiration] would be pretty cool if I got a pet. It would make [Bardic Inspiration] at most 80% increase! With [Wolf's Howl]'s 200% and the 100% from [Fenrir's Inspiration], I would be able to increase my allies effectiveness by 1.8 times. Wait... do I count as a wolf? Since I can't play my lute, will I get 60% stronger with [Fenrir's Inspiration] and [Wolf's Howl]?

My spells should be 200% stronger or 300% stronger if I buff myself or cast on a wolf. [Alpha's Domination] forces those weaker around me to submit. If they are stronger, they will get 20% reduction in all skills, abilities, and attacks. [Wolf's Valor] raises effectiveness by 20% on those that it is cast on. This is raised to 60% for myself and others and 80% on lupines. Overall, I could potentially buff non-lupines by 120% and lupines by 160% with this spell and [Bardic Inspiration]. That is a monstrous buff! [Wolf's Fury] causes all that can hear my music to be over come with rage. They will attack anybody close by and aim to kill. A pretty nasty spell to turn friends against each other. It is just like any party game ever invented.

I also now have a relationship with Fenrir. I thought that only clerics, priests, and paladins could have relationships with their gods? Then again, I also thought gods couldn't have their own bards.

I sigh as I get out of bed, rubbing my snout with my paws. It's only morning and I thought enough for an entire day. I stand up on all four legs and head towards the door. Luckily, the door handles for this room were the kind I can pull on with my snout. I open up the door and follow the scent trails around until I find the princess. Her room has two guards posted outside. As I approach, the guards start to go for their weapons but stop when I pull out the golden pass from my inventory using my mouth. The guards pause for a second before opening the door for me.

I walk into the room and see the princess asleep on a large bed. The bed is about three times as wide as I am long. The length of the bed is about five times in length as I am long. Her room has bookshelves lining one wall. Two other walls have a fireplace and a set of drawers. In the middle of the room is a bunch of chairs like a living room.

Trotting towards the princess, I quickly use [Shift] and put on my clothes. I get right up next to her before gently shaking her shoulder. I have to almost crawl into her bed just to reach her, but I get it done.

She blinks her eyes open at me as she stretches a little. "Wyx? Is there something you need?"

"No Princess Ilway. I came to tell you I am leaving your side. If you ever need help or anything, send a messenger to me and I will come."

She has a sad expression on her face but nods her head, "I understand, it would be cruel to keep you caged in."

I agree with her, "My wolfish side rebels at being stuck in one place for too long. I also need to see if I can find any others of my race." That last part is a lie. There should never be any other Wolfkin. I really just want to leave. Just like the class description said, I am naturally adventure driven. This natural drive is made worse by my race, so I really can't stay in one place too long.

She moves off of her bed and gives me a hug, squeezing me tight. "Come visit me sometime. If I find anything about your race or need assistance, I will send a messenger to come find you. Good-bye Wyx."

"Good-bye princess." I hug her a little tighter for a second before stepping away. I walk to the door of the room and pull my cloak into the right position to cover myself up. Wouldn't want to startle the guards.

I walk out of the door and head to the exit of the grandiose tree palace. The guards are startled even though I hid my tail and ears. Why were the- Oh... I walked in as a wolf and walked out as a humanoid. I would be startled too.

Retracing my steps, I walk down the long stairs. I make my way to the palace gate as I start listing out my plans for the future.

1. I need to buy a Lute somewhere. This should be easy considering I still have eight gold coins left from Port Elral

2. Arrows are required to shoot a bow. I don't have arrows. I need to fix my problem.

3. Raise my skills. This is fairly self-explanatory

4. Get prepared for the arrival of the players. They should be arriving next winter. I need to gain influence, reputation, and spread my name so that the players will think I'm an important NPC. As an ex-player, I understand that if there is a unique NPC there will be quests. As long as the reward is good, a player will do any quest.

5. Level up. It would be nice to get to my sub-class. The subclass will significantly increase my power.

6. Earn money. Again, self-explanatory.

7. Get better equipment. I don't have any good equipment aside from [The Mask of the Wolf Queen] and the [Elven Recurve Bow].

I should be able to do the first and second fairly easily since I am in the elven capital. The third will happen naturally as long as I am active. I'm not quite how I will start the fourth quite yet. I'll have to start making plans and doing quests I think. The fifth and the sixth should be easy considering I am a bard. As long as I perform well, I can gain Xp and money. The Xp for a good performance and the money as a tip if I perform in a bar/tavern. Since true bards are kind of rare, I should be able to get tipped fairly well.

Well, at least I have a plan. I think the saying is, "Any plan is better than no plan." I walk out of the gate after flashing my golden pass, going out into the forest city beyond...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 202 11
Erica Cassiel had been a Guardian Angel for quite some time now and although her vassal lead a life that was nothing short of perilous, she would bar...
6.7K 1.3K 24
| 𝟏𝟐𝐱 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 | An ex-gamer enters a virtual reality ruled by a rebel AI in order to rescue her younger sister and shut down the death ga...
12.7K 66 5
-Nyssa- Alyx was not put in my path so I could fall in love with her. Ours was not meant to be a love story. When I met Alyx, I was a feisty 12 year...
310 5 44
VIRTUAL INSPIRATION: TEST OUT the SPIRAL INTERFACE and ENTER the brave new SUPER-WORLDS... For there are no limitations, only imagination and ideas...