Halfway to the Moon

Od catsired

💛BAKUDEKU💛COMPLETE💛SLOWBURN💛SAD DEKU💛HAPPY ENDING💛 Izuku doesn't know how to handle being depressed, hi... Více

Drowning in Moonlight
A Star That Flickers
Wishes to Shooting Stars
Burning in the Red Sunset
Swimming Through Rain Clouds
Swimming Through Rain Clouds (Pt. 2)
Calm Before the Storm
Calm Before the Storm (Pt. 2)
Rising Tides
Moonlight Beckons
Moonlight Beckons (Pt. 2)
Clinging to Sunrise
A Wilting Flower
A Wilting Flower (Pt. 2)
Dark Side of the Moon
Sunrise (Pt. 1)
Sunrise (Pt.2)
Tepid (Pt. 2)
Tepid (Pt. 3)
Break in the Clouds
First Flowers of Spring
First Flowers of Spring (Pt. 2)
First Flowers of Spring (Pt. 3)
Galaxy of Guilt (Pt.1)
Galaxy of Guilt (Pt.2)
Galaxy of Guilt (Pt. 3)
Sweet Like Honey Painkillers (Pt.1)
Sweet Like Honey Painkillers (Pt.2)
A Constellation of You
A Constellation of You (Pt. 2)
A Constellation of You (Pt.3)
Dawn (Pt. 1)
Dawn (Pt. 2)
Sunburnt (Pt. 1)
Sunburnt (Pt.2)
Dusk (Pt. 1)
Dusk (Pt. 2)
Dusk (Pt. 3)
A Break in the Clouds (Pt. 1)
A Break in the Clouds (Pt. 2)
A Break in the Clouds (Pt. 3)
Budding
Bloom (Pt. 1)
Bloom (Pt. 2)
Eclipse (Pt.1)
Eclipse (Pt. 2)
Eclipse (Pt. 3)
Sun on the Horizon (Pt.1)
Sun on the Horizon (Pt.2)
Sun on the Horizon (Pt.3)
Basking in the Warmth (Pt. 1)
Basking in the Warmth (Pt. 2)
Drowning in Sunlight (Pt.1)
Drowning in Sunlight (Pt.2)
Epilogue
One Shot #1

Tepid (Pt. 1)

2.8K 126 115
Od catsired

Sorry to interrupt with a lil author's note- I just wanted to say thank you, so much, for 400 votes! I honestly didn't expect this story to get much attention, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Anyway, thank you, and I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The sun shone down on green and blonde locks, highlighting the colors and casting a soft glow across smooth and freckled cheeks alike. It was completely silent as they walked, the space around them filled with nothing but the sound of soles thudding on the pavement and the occasional crunch of a stray leaf.

 It'd been several days since their lunch together, when Izuku had something to hide and Kacchan kept prodding, and it was now Friday- the day they'd agreed to meet up to research Izuku's mental issues. They were walking side by side on the sidewalk, lips sewn shut and eyes locked on the path ahead of them, and it couldn't have been more awkward.

 Most likely because after the bell had interrupted Kacchan's interrogation and they split ways, they hadn't really talked. Izuku had, admittedly, been avoiding him. Kacchan was just too perceptive and the greenette couldn't risk him figuring something out. Plus, the thought of hanging out with the other alone in his house was… nerve-wracking. He'd honestly been hoping Kacchan had forgotten about their arrangements, or that maybe he'd discarded the idea when Izuku started avoiding him, but then Friday came around and the blonde was dragging the smaller teen out of the school building and down the street towards his house without giving him a chance to protest- one strong fist choking the cotton of his jacket collar the whole way.

 "Um," Izuku started hesitantly, grabbing and pulling at the sleeves of his uniform. He was trying to start a conversation in the hopes of making this journey less awkward. "It's- The sun is really pretty today, isn't it, Kacchan? Ahah… "

 Kacchan huffed and continued to glare forward, obviously unimpressed. Izuku mentally face-palmed, god he was such an idiot. Kacchan hated small talk, everyone knew that!

 The greenette cleared his throat a little and willed the light flush of embarrassment rising on his cheeks to go down as he tried again.

 "I-I mean… I, um, I saw you the other day during quirk training! You were so awesome, like always!"

 Izuku looked up at Kacchan somewhat expectantly, but his expression hadn't changed. He also didn't say anything, which Izuku took as the OK to keep going.

 "Y-You know, they actually let me take notes on you guys during training! Since I can't really participate. Anyway, you've definitely gotten a lot stronger! You've always improved kind of fast, but ever since the sludge villain incident, your technique and skill have skyrocketed! You must be practicing so hard! I mean, you haven't hit me with one of your explosions in a while, but I can tell even from the distance th-"

 "Will you shut the fuck up?! You're too damn obsessed with quirks and your shitty fucking notes!" Kacchan barked, his porcelain-like face pinched in annoyance. Izuku quieted immediately, snapping his jaw shut as red splotches bloomed all across his face.

 He had a tendency to ramble, and he knew he sounded crazy. It was humiliating how often it happened and how often he had to be told to stop, but he just couldn't help himself, especially when it came to quirks. Quirks were one of the only things Izuku felt comfortable talking about. He knew them, fixated on them- his obsession was the only thing he had, really. It was the only thing that could distract him so thoroughly.

 At least it had been; ever since he started training so religiously, he didn't really have the time to dedicate to it anymore. His notebooks had begun collecting dust on his desk and growing stiff in his backpack where they stayed untouched nowadays. The thought saddened the greenette, somewhat. Quirk analysis had come to occupy a huge role in his life, and he was scared to lose touch with that part of himself, even if it seemed weird or unhealthy to others.

 Izuku dropped his head to stare at his feet as they walked, looking constipated as the troubling thoughts bounced around in his skull. Despite the way his eyes trained on the ground beneath his feet, however, Izuku's eyes were unseeing and the large rock directly in front of him went unnoticed. He slammed his foot into it, and with a shrill squawk, went toppling over.

 Well, almost went toppling over. Just before he hit the ground, something strong and warm was wrapping around his waist and pulling him upright once again. Izuku drew a blank as he looked up to see Kacchan staring right at him with a light dusting of pink across his cheeks, which the green haired boy chalked up to the mid-afternoon heat.

  Kacchan caught me?

  His chest constricted, a light fluttering stirring in his stomach.

 "Idiot! Watch where you're going next time." Kacchan spat, letting go of Izuku, who was gawking at him in awe, and moved onwards with a click of his tongue. Izuku felt his face heat up again, but not from embarrassment. He lifted a hand and pressed the pad of his finger to his red cheek in wonder before quickly shaking his head; he didn't want to waste time thinking about it- it was probably nothing anyway. Instead, he jogged to catch up with the blonde who'd already stomped a decent bit ahead. 

 Once he was close enough, he stuttered out a, "Th-Thank you for saving me, Kacchan!"

 Kacchan kicked a rock mindlessly, sending it soaring into the sky in a long arch. "I didn't save you, stupid. Stop being so dramatic."

 "But you did! What if I hit the ground really hard at a wrong angle?"

 Kacchan rolled his eyes, "Tch, you're so short, I doubt a fall from your height would've done much."

 "So mean! I could've easily died from that! Well, maybe not easily, but I could have!"

 Kacchan sighed heavily, his lips turned down into a glower. "On second thought, maybe I should have just let you fall."

 "Kacchan!"

 "Oh shut the hell up, nerd."

 Izuku gave him the best kicked puppy look he could muster.

 "And don't make that face at me. I was joking you numbskull."

 Izuku pouted at the taller teen anyway, who groaned and planted his hand right in the middle of Izuku's face, pushing the greenette away. Izuku whined and gently smacked the hand away.

 The rest of the walk continued on in relative silence. This time, though, the atmosphere was light with mirth and the awkwardness was gone, having dispersed along with the scattered thoughts that, not too long ago, were swimming around in the greenette's head. Even though Izuku wasn't ready to let go of his obsession for quirks- he doubted he ever would be, truthfully- he realized that when he was with Kacchan, he didn't feel like he needed it. He loved it, but he no longer sought the distraction it provided. He had a new distraction, now.

 Never did Izuku think he'd ever again find solace in the blonde haired boy who'd helped to make his life a living hell, and yet there he was, handing over his time and trust like they'd always belonged to him. History was doomed to repeat itself, but somehow, Izuku thought that if anyone could be the exception to that rule, it was Kacchan.

-

 "Oh my gosh, Izuku! I can't remember the last time you stood in my doorway!" Mitsuki exclaimed, a wide smile plastered on her face as she extended her arms for a hug. She wrapped Izuku up in them, squishing him flat against her. "Is my son treatin' you alright? You two get paired up together for a project or something? Poor you, if that's the case. I know my boy can be insufferable sometimes."

 "Stop talking about me like I'm not here, you Old Hag!" Kacchan screeched from where he stood next to Izuku, arms crossed and hackles raised. Izuku chuckled and pushed away gently, escaping the clingy arms of the exuberant woman.

 "Actually, Aunt Mitsuki, there's no project! Kacchan and I are just…" Izuku trailed off for a moment, searching for the right words. What were they doing exactly?

 "...h-hanging out…?" He finished, completely unsure. Kacchan scowled a bit, but didn't correct him.

 Mitsuki lit up .

 "You boys finally made up?! I was starting to think it would never happen, what with how bullheaded my son is! You two used to be so cute when you were little, I was so disappointed when I found out you weren't friends anymore!" Mitsuki shouted cheerfully, bringing her hands up to squish their cheeks together. Izuku squeaked, a little nervous. Then he chanced a glance over at Kacchan, who looked beyond angry at the unwanted contact- bearing his teeth at his mother and growling.

  He's like a dog! Izuku thought, giggling a little. Kacchan side eyed him, eyes narrowed in a glare at the sound.

 "The hell you laughing at, nerd?!" Kacchan yelled at him predictably, a lisp to his words from having his cheek pressed up against Izuku’s.

 "Nothing, Kacchan!" Izuku garbled innocently.

 "Oh, how sweet! You're bonding!" Mitsuki squealed, removing her hands from their faces and wrapping them around their shoulders instead, pulling the two into a three-way hug that had Izuku stuttering and Kacchan practically foaming at the mouth. "Masaru, sweety! Izuku and Katsuki are bonding!"

 “That’s great, honey!” Called back a distant voice.

 "Nobody is bonding, you stupid hag! Let me go!" Kacchan hollered, straining against his mother's death grip. Mitsuki rolled her eyes but did as he asked, removing her arms from their shoulders.

 "So, to celebrate yours and Izuku's bonding-"

 "We're not!"

 "-Izuku should stay for dinner! I'll make you- ah, what was your favorite again? Wasn't it curry or something?"

 Izuku opened his mouth to reply, but before he could get anything out, Kacchan was speaking up.

 "Don't act so happy to see him when you don't even know what his favorite food is. How can you not remember something as simple as Katsudon?!"

 Both Mitsuki and Izuku were stunned into silence at that sentence. Izuku stared at the blonde with wide eyes, his mouth dropping open to form a small 'o'.

  Kacchan… remembers my favorite food?

 The thought made Izuku feel warm all over and brought a smile to his lips. Mitsuki crossed her arms over her chest and smirked at her son, raising one eyebrow to complete the look. Kacchan, realizing his mistake, went cherry red. He scowled deeply and grabbed Izuku's wrist, yanking the poor green haired boy over to the stairs.

 "Oi, hold up, brat! We ain't done talking yet!" Mitsuki called, the smugness now replaced by indignation.

 "Shut up! You can talk on your own time, stop wasting mine!" And before Mitsuki could protest further, Kacchan dragged the greenette all the way up the stairs and into his bedroom, where the blonde promptly slammed the door loudly.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

47.7K 1.8K 26
Izuku has a bit of a past that eats away at him. As a result he found a way to cope. Drinking. However maybe that wasn't the best coping mechanism...
154K 3K 15
During bakugo's horrible bullying during middleschool, Izuku started cutting himself, drinking, and smoking. Once his mom saw his cuts she made him s...
10.3K 413 11
Todoroki is sick of fighting his eating disorder. He's sick of trying when he ends up back at the start every time. He's sick of it all. But what hap...
96.1K 3K 24
Izuku midoriya, a boy who is now 15 years old. He used to have it all when he was younger. A happy family, friends, and an overall amazing life. But...