True Heir

By euphoria_nina

So, apparently the richest man in the state is now close friends with me, a diner girl. And apparently his be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43: II
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Reminder to Rude Readers

Chapter 46

49.5K 1.5K 45
By euphoria_nina

Chapter 46

Tony Blake

I felt Jake's death glare at me every time I was with Nina.

I could tell that he was trying to get his self busy and trying to stay away from Nina as much as possible throughout the whole party.

Well, that is until he was looking the other way and they bumped into each other.

They both tensed when they stared at each other. Nina was the first to break away and dragged Jade with her as she made her escape. I saw Jake's gaze follow her till he snapped out of whatever spell he was in and looked away.

I could tell Nina was bothered by what just happened. I knew she missed him and she still love him, but she was still too hurt by everything that happened to fix their relationship.

As much as I...dislike, Jake, I couldn't stand Nina like this. Yeah, she was smiling and having fun with us, but I could tell that something was still missing inside her.

Jake became a big part of her life and then he was gone, like someone ripped her heart out.

Oh, God. I sound like a girl right now.

This is all your fault Sky, you made me so girly when we were together, and now I feel like a love expert because my best friend's heart is broken and I can't stand it.

She's just like you Sky. She broke through me and made me happy again. She's violent, but still vulnerable just like you. But she's strong even though she has a vulnerability, I mean, everyone has.

"Tony." Kaleb called making me snap out of reality.

I locked my phone quickly and put it in my pocket.

"Yeah?"

"Well, I talked to Jace and told him about the pictures. He was still furious about Jake cheating, but he's willing to help."

Jace's relationship with Jake completely went down hill. Since Jace only got Nina back a couple of months ago, he's very protective of her. Of course Jace trusted him with his sister, and then he cheated on her. They're best friends and all, and if the reason they broke up wasn't because of him cheating, he wouldn't be this furious.

"He asked Mike who gave him the envelope, but the person never introduced his self. Luckily, it was done in the parking lot and there were cameras." he said smirking making me feel relived that he had good news.

"Did you get the name of the person?"

He nodded and placed down a folder with pictures and papers. "Yup. Let's pay him a visit, shall we?"

I smirked at the mischief in his eyes.

~*~

"Who ordered you to give this envelope?" I asked as I glared at him.

Calvin Allen was the man who gave the envelope to Mike to be delivered to Nina.

"I'm sorry Mr. Blake, but I am protected and you can't do anything to me." he said trying to be polite. "You don't have power compared to-"

"No, but I can." Kaleb said cutting him off. He was wearing a hat and some Ray Bans to cover his face while I just wore my Ray Bans.

The man narrowed his eyes at Kaleb not recognizing him.

"He may not have that much power over you, but I sure do." he said taking off his glasses. I saw the man pale and clench his jaw. "Do you know who I am, Mr. Allen?"

"K-Kaleb Shaw." He stuttered finally realizing it.

"Well, it seems you know my brother well enough to know what he can do to you." I threatened.

Don't get me wrong, we don't use our power to threaten people, this situation is pretty much the first I've encountered.

"It's either you tell us, and I can guarantee that my brother will protect you, or we ruin you. Simple as that." I said crossing my arms.

"I-I'm sorry. T-they gave me money and threatened to take my shop away and ruin my life. P-please, if you promise you can protect me, I-I'll give you the evidence you need, a-anything." he begged.

Okay, I'm sorry, but this guy is such a wimp. But I felt sorry for him, he isn't really doing great in life considering that this small shop is his only means of living.

"You have my word." Kaleb said.

Well, I've never seen him this formal or serious before. I have seen both ways, but never like this.

"Now, Mr. Allen, answer the questions so we can get finish this." I said, just wanting to get this over and done with.

~*~

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jake said coldly at me.

"Jake, calm down and just listen." Kaleb said.

After we got everything from Calvin we went straight to Jake. We were in his office in his loft right now. I don't know why Kaleb had a spare key, but he did.

"Jake, just listen to what I have to say." I said. "I know you hate me, but for Nina's sake, listen."

At the sound of Nina's name, I got his full attention.

"What about her? Are you gonna tell me you're gonna dump her like Carrie?" He said bitterly. "Or do you like her now?"

I froze.

"I see it in your eyes Anthony, whenever you're with her, your eyes brighten. The way you look at her and worry over her." he said glaring at me. "When I was in New York, you spent so much time together. I know. You don't see her as a friend Anthony, you like her! Admit it! "

"What?" Kaleb said shocked.

I clenched my fists and let out my breathe slowly. "Yes, okay! I like her!"

"What?!" Kaleb said.

"But I'm not gonna do anything. I'm not gonna make a move on her."

Jake scoffed. "Oh really? Didn't seem like it."

I ran my hand down my face and sighed annoyed. "It's not what it looked like."

"Let me guess, you were with everyone." he mocked.

"Jake." Kaleb spoke. "It's actually true."

Jake looked at Kaleb as if he was close to believing him.

"We were all together when we went ice skating, Letty fell on Nina, and Nina fell on Tony." Kaleb explained.

Jake opened his mouth to talk but Kaleb stopped him. "Please listen first."

"We were alone only half the days. Mostly Kaleb was there when we weren't alone." I explained.

"Jake, I know you hate me, but I promise you, all I was trying to do was cheer her up. She's been feeling down without you and even if she looks happy, I know there's still a part of her that's missing." I said.

Oh, God, that sounded so cheesy and girly.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "So, it's true? Nothing happened?"

I shook my head. "I swear, Jake. Nothing happened."

He looked at Kaleb and he nodded. He knew he could trust Kaleb.

He sighed and looked back at me. "Tell me Anthony. Why is she so important to you?"

I froze.

"Why did you suddenly change?"

I clenched my jaw.

I sighed. I guess it was time to let it out. "She made me happy again."

"What?"

"She reminds me of Sky. She was my girlfriend."

"You had a girlfriend?" Kaleb asked shocked.

I smiled sheepishly at him. "Yeah. It was a couple of years ago. I was already a pain in the ass to you. I hated everyone, remember?"

"Kinda hard not to forget." he muttered rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, well, she came along and turned my world upside down. She...she made me happy again."

I took a deep breathe and sighed. "Nina's just like Sky. She's strong, stubborn and yeah, she changed me, just like Sky did."

"Look, do you still love her?" I asked Jake who was staring at me with a bit of shock.

"Jake, do you still love her?" I repeated.

"Of course I still love her."

"Then do you believe me? Do you believe her?"

He sighed. "I do now." he muttered.

"God, I feel horrible." he added rubbing his hand down his face stressfully. "I would do anything to get her back."

"Then you better go to her now before it's too late."

"What?"

"She's leaving for Paris today."

Jake's eyes widened. He quickly rushed out of his office and to Nina, I hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 4.8K 38
"Jess, would you please get his order." Lisa winked at me and pointed the guy near the door. She is my one and only bestfriend since kindergarten...
1.2M 31.8K 31
"Zachary." I snickered. He growled playfully as I laughed, dodging his attempt to grab me and took off running in a random direction. I ran with Zac...
1.4K 34 50
Madison's pov. Part 1 My mother and father are good people. We live in a nice house, my mother and father have two kids, me, and my sister Lexie. Mom...
786 34 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...