Senator and Soldier

By LeeraIvy

Senator Riyo Chuchi is beginning to lose her faith in the Republic. After being the target of several assassi... More

Prologue
Unwanted Protection
Friendly Faces
The Price
Dissatisfying Escape
Perilous Plans
Transformations
Discovery
Traitors Revealed
Justice Served
Delicate Gift
Into Our Own Hands
Heartfelt Interrogations
Deserter Ally
Uncomfortable But Welcome
Trying Meetings
Explosions
Numerous Excuses
Shrine
Embarrassing Endeavors
Preparations
Festival of Light
Taking Chances
Double Sided Warning
Shattered Ball
Tick Tock
Illogical Reasoning
Uncharted Course
Healer's Touch
Alleged Conspirators
Resolved Resignation
Broken Trust
The Beginning of Change
Difficult Decisions
Gnawing Anger
Temple Bombing
Timid Steps
Take Two
A Likely Story
Suspects Renamed
Code Red
Social Calls
Traitors In Our Midst
Dark Clouds
Friends and Enemies
Multiple Dilemmas
Insinuations
Surprises
Wonderful Turn of Events
The Unknown
Hardened Resolve
Growing Frustration
Dark Revelations
Hidden Plans
The Order
Burning Fears
Strained Loyalties
Darkness Calls
Mending Pains
Devotion
Epilogue
Thank You
Broken Codes
Walking New Paths

Republic Commandos

1.6K 62 26
By LeeraIvy

Saleucami: 20 BBY
Cut Lawquane's Farmstead
Commander Fox

Sunset was quickly approaching. Cut Lawquane had headed out to the barn close by, leaving Fox and the senators within his small home. Fox glanced over his shoulder at Riyo and Senator Amidala. The house seemed safe enough. He ducked out the door and followed Cut before he could change his mind.

"I wondered if you'd join me," Cut said.

Fox leaned against the barn door, watching him tend to his animals. "You know why."

"What's your rank?" Cut glanced up at him.

"Commander of the Coruscant Guard."

"The Guard, huh? Fancy. I bet you haven't seen too much action."

"Not as much as some of our brothers."

Cut perked up at that. "You aren't the first clone to find me and you won't be the last. I don't intend to give up my freedom."

"Why would you desert us?" Fox demanded.

Cut stood and faced him. "We are not the same. I have different believes than the ones the Republic engineered us with. I have my own desires and dreams."

"Tell me the real reason. I have those same thoughts, but I've never acted on them."

Cut sighed, finally. "After the battle of Geonosis, my troop transport was shot down. Nearly everyone with me was killed, or were heavily injured and died later. The Separatists who'd shot us down came to finish us off. I ran."

Fox narrowed his eyes. "So you left your brothers to be slaughtered while you saved yourself?"

"I made a mistake, leaving them, but it saved my life," Cut retorted. "I will always regret leaving them behind, but I don't regret anything else. That day showed me how the Republic really sees us. Expendable. Replaceable. Worthless. I decided I wasn't going to live by that standard anymore. I hid from the army and made a life of my own." He tossed a small holodisk over.

Fox caught it and switched it on. A hologram of a beautiful pink Twi'lek and two children appeared. There was a little girl, with blue and pink splotched skin, and a boy with orange skin. Both were also Twi'leks.

"My wife Suu and our children, Shaeeah and Jek," Cut explained.

"The girl is too old to be yours." Fox tossed the holodisk back.

"Neither of them are mine by blood. Suu never told me who their father was. If she wants to, she will. What matters is, I love them as if they were my own. In every matter that counts, they're my children and I'm their father," Cut replied.

"Where are they now?"

"Somewhere safe, on the far side of the planet. When Separatist activity picked up here, I told Suu to leave. I stayed behind to monitor things and keep them updated. As soon as I know it's safe, I'll join them or bring them back here." He paused and thought for a moment. "Although I suppose that might not be an option any longer, assuming you decide to turn me over to the Republic. I can't say I'd blame you. I'd deserve it."

    "I haven't made up my mind yet. If I don't, I could get into serious trouble if I'm ever found out," Fox replied.

    "What about those women? They don't seem like Jedi. I didn't see any lightsabers on them."

    "They aren't Jedi. They're senators, and you don't have to worry about them. They won't turn you in."

    "So why are they here and not Jedi?"

    "Both the Jedi Council and the Chancellor's office forbid any attempt at rescuing the clones here. Riy...Senator Chuchi and Senator Amidala chose to ignore those orders."

    Cut raised his eyebrows and ducked out of the barn. "I would never have thought senators would risk their lives for clones."

    "These two are different than most."

    They entered the house shortly. Fox noticed a look of relief on Riyo's face, although he wasn't sure why. "We should leave now," Cut said. "The droids will be rotating positions soon."

"Threepio is ready," Senator Amidala said. They all left the house and started walking towards the Separatist compound.

Saleucami: 20 BBY
Separatist Compound
Riyo Chuchi

    Riyo and Padmé stuck close to the two clones as they made their way towards the compound. They stopped a short distance away from a tall perimeter fence. Fox and Cut dropped down to the ground and moved towards it.

    "What are they doing?" Riyo whispered.

    "Probably looking for a way in," Padmé replied.

    The clones returned shortly. "The fence is set on a timer," Fox explained. "There's a brief window where it goes offline. We'll have to get across during those few seconds."

    "The droids will rotate in just a few minutes," Cut added. "It'd be best to try then, while they're distracted."

    They crept over to the fence quickly. Riyo could hear a faint click every few minutes. That must be the fence turning on and off, she thought. I wonder why it does that. Maybe they have to spare the charge for the droids.

    She pushed her thoughts away as Fox moved away from the fence. Riyo arched an eyebrow as the fence clicked off. Fox took a running start and vaulted over the top of the fence. He hit the ground on the other side with a dull thud.

    "Up and over." Cut held a hand out to Padmé.

    "I'm not so sure about this," Padmé said.

    "Just try not to scream," Cut replied. He scooped her off the ground and tossed her over. Padmé's jaw clenched, but she made no sound. Fox caught her and set her down quickly. "Now you." Cut turned towards Riyo.

    She glanced over at Fox, nervously. He nodded. Riyo drew in a breath and turned to Cut. He lifted her effortlessly and threw her over. Riyo's heart raced and she screwed her eyes shut. In a second, she landed in Fox's arms.

    "I've got you," he whispered, holding her gently. He quickly set her down.

    Riyo let out a sharp breath and gave him a grateful smile. They waited for Cut to join them, before moving on. Droids walked around the base of the compound and on the roof. The four of them reached a door swiftly.

    Padmé shouldered past Fox and Cut. She plugged a small device into the control panel beside the door and began typing. Within seconds, the door hissed open.

    "What?" Padmé asked, seeing their shocked expressions. "I've had to break in and out of places before." She led the way inside, with Cut on her heels.

    Fox shook his head with a chuckle. "Your friends are full of surprises," he said.

    "I'll say," Riyo agreed. She stuck close beside him as they entered the building. She slid her blaster out of its holster, quietly.

    "Holding cells are this way," Padmé whispered.

    "How do you know?" Fox asked.

    "Anakin told me."

    Fox paused and titled his head. Riyo could imagine the confused expression that waited beneath his helmet. "How did she convince General Skywalker to give her so much information?" He muttered. "And how did he not catch on to why she was asking?"

    "They've been friends since Anakin was little," Riyo answered. "He trusts her, I suppose."

    "That shouldn't matter. I trust you, but that doesn't mean I'm going to tell you classified information like this."

    "Well," she began slowly. "He also doesn't share all of your sentiments and beliefs." Fox stiffened, ever so slightly. For a second, she worried she may have offended him. Then, he relaxed.

    "I know what you mean," he said, before falling silent.

    They had to pause and hide twice, before they reached the cells. Riyo cringed as faint groans echoed into the hallway. "Go. I'll keep watch," Cut whispered.

    "No, I'll keep watch. Help them," Fox interjected. He pushed Cut after them and crouched down near a corner. Cut simply stared at him, before moving to obey.

    "Don't mind him," Riyo whispered.

    "It's his job to be protective and suspicious," Cut replied. "I don't blame him at all."

    Riyo joined Padmé beside a cell. Padmé unhooked her small device and the cell door sprang open. She quickly moved onto the next one. Riyo crept into the room and bit her lip, worriedly. Her attention was quickly drawn to the clone strapped against an upright metal table.

    She narrowed her eyes with rage and set to work unstrapping him. The clone groaned and cracked an eye open. "Who are you?"

    "A friend. I'm here to help." She undid the last strap and he fell forward. She caught him and slid an arm beneath his, supporting him.

    "Are you...with the Republic?" He grunted as they stumbled out the door.

    "Yes."

    "A Jedi?"

    Riyo glanced at his bleary eyes. She hesitated for a second. "A...padawan. Don't worry. You'll be out of here soon."

    Fox joined her as Padmé and Cut approached with the other two commandos. "There's a group of droids coming. We need to get out of here."

    "I can have Threepio pick us up somewhere," Padmé offered.

    "No, don't contact him until we're outside. We can't risk alerting them to our presence if there's a chance we can get out before they see us."

    They headed towards an adjoining hallway. Metal feet clanked against the floor, coming closer and closer. Riyo's blaster felt like lead in her hand. "There's no way we can get out the way we came in," she whispered. "We'll have to go through the fence's main entry point."

    "I'll contact Threepio as soon as we're outside," Padmé replied. They stumbled on, much slower than Riyo would've liked.

Saleucami: 20 BBY
Separatist Compound
Commander Fox

    Fox continued to look behind them anxiously. The clanking of droid feet could be heard all around. Luckily, they hadn't run into any squads yet. They were nearing a doorway, at last.

    The injured commandos were going a lot slower now. Riyo gave one of them an anxious glance and tried to speed up. The clone faltered as he tried to keep up. They made it out the door, finally.

    "You there! Stop!" A droid shouted.

    Fox blasted the droid before it had the chance to say more or sound an alarm. "We're on the clock now," he called. They switched directions. The main entry point wasn't far away, but dozens of droids milled around it.

    A blast narrowly missed Fox's head. He whirled, spying a group of droids charging after them. "Run!" Cut shouted. He pushed the commando on faster. Senator Amidala and Riyo copied him. Fox fired at the droids behind them, taking down several.

    The droids in front of them had caught on now and were fast approaching. "Did you contact Threepio?" He heard Riyo call.

    "He's on his way," Senator Amidala replied.

    "Close the gate!" Some of the droids were shouted. They waved their hands towards the main control center.

    "Go!" Fox hollered. Cut and one of the commandos cleared the gate and kept running into the tall grass. Senator Amidala reached it next. She pushed one of the commandos ahead of her. Fox looped his arm around Riyo's clone and helped get him past the gate.

    He let go of the clone with a yelp of pain and went sprawling in the grass. Riyo paused but he waved her on, picking himself up. Shots burnt up the grass around them. They faded deeper into the grass, hoping the droids wouldn't follow.

    Fox gritted his teeth and paused, letting the others carry on ahead. He eyed his side warily. The shot had hit a weak point in his armor. He let out a hiss of pain.

    "Fox!" Riyo called.

    "I'm coming!" It was a struggle to keep the pain from his words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 2K 70
Nearly five years ago, the Clone Wars ended with a purge that wiped an entire people from the galaxy. Jess, formerly known as CC-9976, a member of th...
426K 8.1K 111
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan during the middle of the clone wars. After a battle that almost costs you your life, everything changes. Gender neut...
1.6K 65 30
Star Wars the Clone Wars Fanfiction, Mostly Focused on female OC and Captain Rex, and their experience falling in love, but also telling the growth o...
6.1K 329 57
Rankings: #1 Ashoka 10/12/2023 🥇 12/01/2024 #4 StarWars 14/10/2023 #4 AnakinSkywalker 13/10/2023 ----------------------------- In a galaxy far, fa...