Blinded by Limerence

Por KaitlynSee413

"You, uh, plan to go out like that?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I cast my gaze downwards, and that's when I remem... M谩s

00 | Author's Note
01 | Something Needs to Happen
02 | Making Progress
03 | The End of the World
04 | S.O.S.
05 | For Safe Keeping
06 | The Brew
07 | More to Him
09 | I Like You
10 | On a Scale From One to Ten
11 | See You, Darhk
12 | I'm Happy for You
13 | Blushing Mess
14 | Behind Closed Doors
15 | Hot for Teacher
16 | Little Did I Know
17 | Lost Memories and Broken Promises
18 | Sudden Surge of Courage
19 | All I Need
20 | Gong Cha or CoCo?
21 | Her Knight in Shining Armor
22 | Be Careful Out There
23 | Long Shot
24 | What Can I Say?
25 | Mixed Signals
26 | Shark Pajamas and Scalding Hot Lattes
27 | The Not-so-bad Bad Boy
28 | Nothing Else
29 | Broken
30 | I Promise
31 | Set My Heart Ablaze
32 | The Body Isn't Cold Yet
33 | A Bit of a Ladies' Man
34 | You Little Minx
35 | The Perfect Remedy
36 | I Want to Be Noticed
37 | Lack of Sobriety
38 | Thicker Than Water
39 | He Isn't Good for You
40 | She Feels for You
41 | Not Just Any Boy
42 | Get Your Girlfriend in Order
43 | Tomato Red
44 | She's Awake
45 | The Broken Hearts Club
46 | One Weird Afternoon
47 | You, Me, and the Boys
48 | They're Endgame
49 | The Bad Guy
50 | A Drunken State of Mind
51 | The After Party
52 | Attractive
53 | Where Are the O's
54 | She Didn't Deserve This
55 | Untouched
56 | Just a Thought
57 | Stranger in the Mirror
58 | His Smile
59 | Forget-me-nots
60 | He's Always Known
61 | In a Heartbeat
62 | The Role of Grieving Almost-Girlfriend
63 | All We Want
64 | Sleepy Hours
65 | One Day at a Time
66 | Thanks for Everything
67 | Happy Graduation!
68 | Her Redeeming Qualities
69 | The Lonely Hours of the Afternoon
70 | Missing
71 | She's Gone
72 | Lights Will Guide You Home
73 | Just Like His Father
74 | His Name
75 | The Sun and the Moon
76 | The Bane of Addie's Existence
77 | Noticeable Changes
78 | Five
79 | Adult Talk
80 | On Her Own
81 | Closure
82 | A Mess of Things
83 | Together At Last
84 | To Whom Her Heart Belongs
85 | The Moral of the Story
Epilogue
Afterword 馃尭

08 | The Perfect Distraction

69 4 4
Por KaitlynSee413

Morgan

"What's your family like?"

Trevor seemed taken aback by my sudden question, his form noticeably tensing up.

"Did I hit a nerve?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. "S-sorry, I—"

"Nah, it's okay," he immediately replied, cutting me off. He waved me off dismissively. "I, uh... Well, it's a sensitive topic."

"You don't have to..." I trailed off, unable to find the right words. "You know."

"My, um... My dad's in jail."

My eyes widened upon hearing that, my heart dropping into the pit of my stomach. I didn't expect him to open up after he shot me down, but hearing that his father is a convict just shocked me to my very core. I was expecting him to maybe come from a broken home—at least that'd explain the way he is—or something of that caliber. 

I never would've guessed in a million years that there was an even more tragic backstory behind Trevor Parks.

"Before your mind goes places," the boy chimed in, holding a hand up, "he's wrongfully imprisoned. His lawyer was crap, but you know, it's hard to find a good pro bono lawyer."

Unsure of whether or not I should pry further, I asked softly, "W-what was he convicted of...?"

"I don't know. They said he stole from his boss, but he didn't. I know he didn't," he answered, his gaze glued to the ceiling of The Brew and away from my intent stare.

I didn't have the heart to point out that he could very well be biased because, duh, he's his father, after all.

"Can... Can we drop this?"

"Oh, yeah, of course," I instantly replied, my face burning up with embarrassment. I shouldn't have asked. Quickly changing the topic, I rested my head on my palm as I asked, "So, uh, why did you start talking to me?" Before Trevor could say something like 'you intrigue me' or something of the sort, I raised up my hand and added, "The truth, please."

At that, the older boy shook his head and let out a breathy chuckle. "Alright, fine," he said with a sheepish smile on his face. "I was at Archer's, and... he suggested I come to you."

"For what?"

"Well, erm, this is embarrassing, but—" he paused to nervously fiddle with the loose thread on his white tee, playing with the string as if it was the most interesting thing in the world "—my math grades are down, and Principal Higgins told me to find myself a tutor else I won't graduate next year." As he finally revealed his true intentions of befriending me, for the first time ever in the span of the four years I've known him, he was shy. At last, he looked up and met my eyes. "Archer suggested you."

"M-me?" I repeated. Archer suggested me? He barely knows me. Does he think I'm smart?

"I-it's cool if you don't want to, but yeah," stuttered Trevor, and for once, it was him who was the nervous wreck. "This is why I've been bugging you."

This is a bad idea.

This is a bad idea.

This is a bad idea.

I've already dreamt about the boy, imagined his hot lips devouring my own, so it was safe to say that this was a slippery slope. If I had any self-respect, I'd turn him down; sadly, that wasn't the case. Just seeing Trevor with his walls down like this sort of... I don't know, touched me, made me feel things. 

I was delusional, but he made me feel like I was the only one who's ever seen him like this, witnessed this... rather vulnerable side of him.

"It's just tutoring, I promise," he was quick to add on after I had remained silent, remained stuck in my own thoughts. "No qualms."

Ignoring Trevor almost completely, something else came into the pro list: I needed a distraction from Archer and Hanna, by extension. This could be the perfect thing—the perfect distraction—to keep me grounded, to keep me tethered to reality. So, I looked up at him with a bright smile plastered on my face.

"You know what, Trevor? I'll be happy to tutor you."

Seguir leyendo

Tambi茅n te gustar谩n

6.1K 588 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...
135K 2.3K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
22.6K 1.1K 55
It's nothing like you imagine. Please give it a chance. 鉁封湻鉁封湻 She smacked my head. I smacked her head. She stuck out her tongue. I stuck out my tongue...
163K 5.2K 49
His faint laugh stopped me in my tracks, my body turning sightly to look at him again. "That was cute. Really, I loved it, but you know I can't just...