The Ghosts in You (A Zak Baga...

By girllovesghosts

(A/U: 2017 & 2018) Zak Bagans has demons - metaphorical demons, of course, but also demons manifest in the ph... More

Dedication
Foreword
Author's Note
Epigraph
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Afterword
Acknowledgments

Chapter 60

1.6K 76 0
By girllovesghosts

A nurse came into the room with Sara's discharge directions, and with Meredith in tow. "Meredith!" Sara chimed. And then to the nurse: "I'm free to go, then?"

"Yes, Doctor Brooks will see you on Monday. Call his office if you need anything before then. You can find the number in your directions."

"Thank you," Sara and Zak said in unison.

Meredith had slipped over to Sara's side while remaining quiet during the exchange. The nurse nodded to everyone and left the room.

"Hi, Sara," Meredith piped, now that the nurse had gone. She gave Sara a gentle hug. She could see that her younger brother was visibly relieved.

Meredith smiled. "I brought you some clothes to wear home. Well, actually, I brought you some of Zak's clothes. I couldn't find any sweats in your room." She handed a neatly folded pile of clothes to Sara.

"No worries. And thank you, Meredith." Sara sat up and began to get off of the bed. She took a deep breath.

"You okay?" Zak asked, a little panicked.

"I'll be fine – just have to remember to move a little more slowly," Sara replied with a light laugh as she made her way into the bathroom to get changed.

"How long has she been awake?" Meredith asked Zak.

"About forty-five minutes. They wanted to keep her here, but she pretty much refused."

Meanwhile, in the bathroom, Sara sloughed off of her hospital gown carefully and slipped into Zak's clothes. They were big on her, but she was grateful that they were easy to get into. When she finished changing, Sara came back into the room.

"Meredith went to go get the car," Zak said. "One of the nurses is bringing you a wheelchair."

"I don't need a wheelchair. Walking is less painful, believe it or not."

"Hospital legal requirement mumbo jumbo," he said.

Sara rolled her eyes. "Fine," was her only retort.

The nurse returned and helped Sara into the wheelchair, then brought them through the hallways, the lobby, and finally through the hospital's entrance. Meredith had already arrived and was busily adjusting the front seat for Sara. Zak helped her into the car, and took the seat behind her. Meredith climbed back into the driver's seat, and they were off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 4.3K 26
Serena Ace is a doctor at SHIELD. She manages to keep her secret under wraps as she works at SHIELD. That is, until Loki decided to try to destroy th...
293K 7.5K 56
Theodora Eaton suffered the abuse of her father for two years after her brother Tobias defected to Dauntless. A pact the siblings made long ago will...
59.8K 1.3K 28
I hadn't had many first opportunities, I have lived a very private life. My family was murdered right before my eyes and from there I've never really...
7.3K 254 42
With internal and external forces at play manipulating and influencing them both, Bailey Johnson and Bucky Barnes attempt to navigate their emotions...