Elizabeth Harrison's Hope For...

By symhere

BOOK FOUR OF HARRISON SERIES. Elizabeth has been looking after her alcoholic and pathological liar mother for... More

1: Mourning For Mother's Death
2: Forgiveness Is Hard To Give
3: The Things She Left For Them
4: His Everyday Life
5: Doctors Are Not Gods
6: An Awkward Interaction
8: An Apology And A Slap
9: A Secret To Keep
10: The Pain He Is In
11: Like Mother, Like Daughter
12: Too Drunk To Think
13: The First Kiss
14: A Favor To Ask
15: The Key They Both Didn't Have
16: People Change
17: New Neighbors, Old Feelings
18: Slapped
19: Is It Too Hard To Get?
20: The Kiss They Shared Again
21: Elizabeth's Crush
22: A New Friend, Maybe?
23: The Housewarming Party
24: Just Him And Her
25: The Morning After
26: Breakfast
27: Asked On A Date
28: The Help Fay Needs
29: He Can't Resist Her
30: So Close
31: Screw The Rules
32: Can We Talk?
33: Who Is Mia?
34: I Like You.
35: Don't Be Sorry For How You Feel.
36: Mia And Elizabeth.
37: Suspicion.
38: Date Night.
39: Eliza.
40: In The Name Of Love.
41: A Bloody Night.
42: All Hell Broke Loose.
43: The One They Lost.
44: You Do.
45: Blur.
46: The Funeral.
47: An Unexpected Visitor.
48: The Truth.
49: Lost Her.
50: Moving On.
51: The Complete Truth.
52: Yet You Know.
53: The News.
54: Something To Remember Me By.
55: A Unique Friendship.
56: Leo Is Here.
57: Leo Knows.
58: Drunken Leo.
59: The Cold Night.
60: Leo Meets Fred.
61: The Unexpected Guest.
62: A Surprise Visit.
63: Ice Cream.
64: Elizabeth's Visitor.
65: Tattoos and Realization.
66: Unwanted Interruption.
67: Missing You.
68: Jen's Confession.
69: Wedding Planner.
70: Elizabeth's Realization.
71: Deal.
72: The Unexpected Guest.
73: Bonding.
74: Confession.
75: Jealousy.
76: Pain of the Past.
77: Breakfast And Kisses.
78: Ruby's Gift.
79: The Last One.
Epilogue.

7: Her Savior

1K 45 0
By symhere

So, did you like it? Ethan questioned Elizabeth after both of them ordered food at the restaurant near their office. Ethan decided to treat Elizabeth with lunch after they toured where she will be working for and to say that she was impressed and excited to work with them would be an understatement. West Valley Pharma is two steps ahead of her previous workplace. She was really impressed when she was showed the laboratory where she will be working with two other of her colleagues whom she couldnt meet since they both were in a meeting. Elizabeth smiled and she sipped water. Honestly, I am so elevated. I loved everything around. I am so eager to work and come up with some useful vaccination for Zika. She answered him. He smiled nodded, I am glad that you are thinking ahead. I really like your enthusiasm. I hope you will have a great time working with us. He said. Dr. Aseel and Dr. Cohen were in a meeting or else you would have met them as well. He added. Elizabeth really wanted to meet the people she will be working with, but unfortunately, they were occupied. So, tell me about them – Dr. Aseel and Dr. Cohen, Elizabeth asked.

Ethan chuckled, Dr. Cohen previously worked in Brazil and Mexico before she joined us and Dr. Aseel – he has worked at underprivileged areas of Africa and Asia. He is an Asian, so he started working from there and made his way all the way to West Valley. He has contributed a lot to our researches. He answered. Elizabeth smiled and nodded. She is already delighted to work with such determined colleagues. I basically have no experience as comparing them – I would love to learn something from them. She replied. Ethan grinned, Thats a great thinking. See, this is why I always thought that you will do well in our company. Your determination and eagerness to learn drives you and thats one of the greatest qualities of you. He said. Elizabeth could burst with pride at the moment – for the very first time Ethan Griffiths acknowledged her for something she personally has – not because of her family background or status in the society.

After several minutes the food arrived. Elizabeth didnt have breakfast this morning, therefore, she was starving. As her knife cut through the juicy steak – Ethan spoke, You know this is where I usually come for lunch and sometimes dinner, He spoke as Elizabeth chewed the juicy morsel of steak and hummed, I can tell why, She spoke as she swallowed the morsel, This tastes amazing, She added with delight. Ethan chuckled, I am glad that you liked it. This place serves the best food and also it is equally close to the West Horizon Hospital and West Valley Pharma. Most of our staff have lunch here. He said. The place was cozy and busy – she liked it. It wasnt one of those places where her family usually eats. She doesnt like those overly expensive places full of pretentious people. She is willing to come back to this place. As they were enjoying their food and talking about Ethan Griffiths research work – they heard someone calling out Ethans name. Oh, Dr. Griffiths is here. Elizabeth turned around while Ethan looked above her shoulder to see her worse nightmare walking towards them – it was Leo Wayne and two other people.

Leos eyes meet hers and he halted while Elizabeths face went on fire. She quickly turned back around to look Ethan blowing his cheeks out before leaning back to his chair. A young woman approached them first with a grin on her face that fell when she met Elizabeths eyes, Oh – hi, I didnt see you here. I am sorry I didnt notice that Dr. Griffiths was with someone. She chuckled nervously and was about to walk back to the two males she came in with when Elizabeth stopped her. Hey, no – it is okay. We were just having lunch. I am sorry, I am new here – who are you if you dont mind me asking? Elizabeth tried to sound as much polite as she could be but, the young woman didnt look impressed or relieved. She opened her mouth to answer me when Ethan cut her off, She is Dr. Amanda Fletcher – she works at the hospital. Ethan answered. Elizabeth was confused by the lack of affability in his tone. She looked back at the woman who smiled tightly at her and nodded her head. Elizabeth smiled back, Hi, I am Elizabeth Harrison. I will be working at West Valley Pharma from next week – it is nice to meet you. She stretched her hand out which Amanda shook, It is nice to meet you too – I once again apologize for disturbing you two – please continue. She apologized again and before Elizabeth could say something she walked back to the table where Leo and other guy were already waiting for her. She couldnt help but look at Leo who looked back at her and after a brief eye contact, she turned around. She was still very embarrassed by what she did yesterday and seriously wished to never see Leo Wayne again – but her wish didnt come true.

Elizabeth sighed and looked at Ethan who quietly ate his food. She glanced at him and smiled, I have a feeling that Dr. Fletcher is into you, She tried to tease Ethan. Ethan lifted his gaze to look at her and nodded his head before sighing, I know, He replied. His reply made her smile dropped – she suddenly started to feel bad for Amanda – she obviously likes Ethan and she wasnt happy to see him with Elizabeth. But, Elizabeth just realized that Ethan doesnt share the same feeling and it bothered her since she has been in a one-sided love relationship and she knows how much it can hurt. Elizabeth didnt ask him anything and silently enjoyed her steak. They were almost done when Ethans pager went off – he took it out and heaved, I am so sorry, but I will have to leave. It is an emergency at the hospital. He said. Oh, I didnt know you still work at the hospital, Elizabeth said as she put down her fork – she was done with her food anyways. Ethan chuckled and stood up and put his grey suit coat back on, I dont – it is an administrative emergency. He replied. He sighed, I feel like a jerk leaving you here like this, but I really have to go. He said. Elizabeth chuckled, Dont be – work comes first. And anyway I was done with the food – I am so full. Thank you for bringing me to this place. She replied. He smiled, We should do this again, He said, I will call Kevin, my driver – he will come and pick you up and drop you wherever you want to go, He said. Elizabeth smiled and thanked her before Ethan stride out of the restaurant – Elizabeth turned around to look at him to see that there was another pair of eyes on Ethan walking out and when they met hers – Amanda looked down.

Elizabeth felt bad for how rudely Ethan behaved with Amanda – she didnt like it, so she did what her she thought was right. She stood up and walked towards the table all three of them were seated. She met Leos eyes for a brief moment but he averted them back to the bucket of French fries and quietly ate them as the other spoke, The clot was too – He stopped talking when he saw Elizabeth walking towards them. Amanda had her back on Elizabeth, so when the other guy looked behind Amanda – she turned around and was surprised to see Elizabeth standing behind her. Oh – hi, Amanda didnt know what else to say. Elizabeth smiled softly, I am so sorry – I didnt mean to interrupt, but can I talk to Dr. Fletcher for a moment. She asked as politely as she could. Amanda knitted her eyebrows, Me? She pointed at herself bewilderedly, Is – is everything okay? She asked. Oh, yes – everything is fine. I just would like to have a word with you in private – if you people dont mind. She asked the other guy and Leo was didnt even bother looking up at her. The other guy smiled, It is alright – you girls can talk your time, He said while Leo only shrugged.

Amanda slowly got up from her chair – nervous and confused. Of course, she was – a completely strange woman just asked to have a word with her in private. Elizabeth sighed as they stood in a distance from the table. She paused for a second while Amanda waited eagerly for her to say something. Elizabeth mashed her lips together before she spoke, I know that – um – I am a complete stranger and that I shouldnt say this – or maybe I should, She added nervously at which Amanda narrowed her eyes – she wasnt sure where Elizabeth was going with it. But, I need you to know that I am just an employee to Eth – Dr. Griffiths. She corrected herself. Amanda realized what she was talking about and raised her eyebrow, Oh, okay – I um – I dont know what to say, She chuckled nervously. Elizabeth smiled, You dont have to say anything. Just know this that there is nothing going on between us and that you dont have to worry about anything, She clarified. Amanda knitted her brows, I dont have to worry about what? She asked bewilderedly, but Elizabeth could see through those drawn eyebrows. When Elizabeth smiled wordlessly Amanda chuckled and shook her head before scratching her forehead. She nervy mashed her lips and looked down, Is it that obvious? She asked Elizabeth. Elizabeth smiled, Actually, it is. She replied.

Amanda smiled and looked at her, If you saw it then he must too – yet he – She paused and shook her head, I feel embarrassed now. She chuckled with glossy eyes. Elizabeth put her hands on her shoulder, Dont be – I think it was very sweet. I wish I was as expressive as you are. My life would have been much more different. She spoke with her and Freddies relationship on her mind. Let me just tell you that he is at loss here – you are beautiful and you also seem like a personable person. Elizabeth added to which Amanda smiled, Thank you, She replied. It is just that I have never seen Ethan so effortless like he was with you, She shrugged. Elizabeth sighed, Well, he wasnt effortless – actually he was putting in too much effort and that too not to impress me. She continued, But because of my background. She added. Amanda was confused by her answer but she didnt dare to ask her what she meant. Elizabeth smiled and looked out on the street to see Kevin standing beside the car – waiting for her. She turned back around to look at Amanda, It was very nice meeting you. She said. You too and thank you – what you said means a lot to me. Amanda expressed before Elizabeth walked out of the restaurant.

At night Elizabeth didnt want to stay in her hotel – she wanted to go out. So, she wore her coat and strolled out. It was cold and her hands were already freezing, but she didnt mind. She liked the cold air pinching her skin. As she wandered around – she thought about her mothers diary that she left for her daughter. She hasnt read her it further – she wasnt sure if she wanted to. She read a couple of pages yesterday and they left them with mixed feeling – she wasnt sure if she was ready to know what Ruby wished for her daughter. She shook off the embarrassing memory of her standing dumbly in front of Leo – he really must be thinking that the Harrisons are really nuts. She sighed and heedlessly turned into the street that looked deserted, after a couple of minutes she realized that she was someplace wrong as she saw some groups of men standing at every corner of the buildings around. It was also awfully quiet there – she walked further with a hope of getting to where she could get a cab from since she wasnt sure where she was. Elizabeth didnt want to turn around since she was scared of the mysterious men behind. She has been walking around for the past half an hour which means that she shouldnt be far away from her hotel. As she hastily walked forward she heard footsteps behind her – she gulped and glanced sideways to see few shadows following her. At that moment she felt her heart in her mouth. She was cold, lost and scared and she didnt even know anyone to ask for help except for Ethan. For a second she thought about texting him, but she was even afraid to take her phone out.

In front of her, she saw some women smoking, barely dressed on such a cold night – they looked at her and exchanged some hushed words before walking towards – she halted and her eyes wander around to see that there was a strippers club on the left. There were also some drunk men passed out on the pavement. A blonde woman with bright red lipstick, high heels, and cigarette pressed between her lips with awfully see through lingerie on stopped in front of Elizabeth – she gave her a complete look from head to toe and smirk – as she was about to say something – she looked behind Elizabeths shoulder and grinned, Arent you a hot meat? She twirled her hair around her finger and winked. Elizabeth dared to slowly turn around to see the one person that didnt go through her mind during all this time standing right behind her – his eyes on the blond hooker in front of Elizabeth. Where Elizabeth was physical shanking – Leo looked calm and collected. He had his hands behind him and his eyes forwards. Did you again turn on the wrong street? He asked before averting his sharp gaze on Elizabeth who gulped and nodded her head. Elizabeth then witnessed something miraculous – Leos lips curled into a smile as his hand went to her shoulder. Elizabeth almost jumped but Leo pressed her shoulder – asking her to stay put. You really need to memorize the directions. Now lets go, we are getting late. He said – Elizabeth could smell a hint of smoke on his breath as he was standing close to her. He made her turn around – Elizabeth was too stunned to act on her own and followed Leos lead who silently walked through the various men and women with his arm around Elizabeths shoulder – nobody dared to stop them as they slowly and calmly walked. Learn directions. Dont ever walk into an empty street this late at night, it can be very dangerous. If you ever walk into a street as vacant as that – turn around and calmly walk away. They could have robbed you or worse – hurt you. Be careful, Ms. Harrison. There will not always people around you to save you. He murmured without even looking into her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186 17 17
Bella is the girl who lost everything to cancer, and her world suddenly revolves around her sickness. She lost her friends, her mother, her confidenc...
660K 14.6K 57
BOOK THREE OF HARRISON SERIES Maria Wayne left after she was accused and betrayed by the love of her life. No matter how much he apologizes and tries...
5.5M 28.4K 9
{ CURRENTLY REWRITING } With one of the best college grades and her masters degree in hand, Emma Durson's next plan is to move to New York to pursue...
6.1K 363 45
Emma Carter was a woman with a plan - a plan to weave her way up the ladder of success in the fashion world, to create a life that was as seamless as...