Just Me Again.

By symhere

BOOK THREE OF HARRISON SERIES Maria Wayne left after she was accused and betrayed by the love of her life. No... More

1: Twenty Months Later
2: Alice And Silas
3: Can't Stop Loving Him
4: Drink Too Much
5: Kiss
6: Unwanted Memories
7: Leaving
8: Mother
9: We Meet Again
10: I Missed You
11: Spilling The Truth
12: He Still Cares
13: Rude Alex
14: Flashbacks
15: It Is Just Me
16: You Are A Fraud
17: Not So Rude Alex
18: Alex Meet Silas
19: Breakup
20: Mommy's Here
21: Ailing Ruby
22: You Let Her Do That
23: I Need Her
24: Second First Kiss
25: Caged
26: Surprised
27: What He Didn't Know
28: Cigarettes
29: The Real You
30: A Day That Couldn't Get Any Worse
31: Cotton Candy
32: Bolting From The Blue
33: Did I know That Girl?
34: Not His Child
35: Called Her By Your Name
36: I Told You So
37: An Official Date
39: Yellow Roses
40: Not What You Think It Is
41: We Are Nothing
42: I Love You So Freaking Much
43: Always
44: Memories and Doubt
45: Can We Talk?
46: I Promise, Never.
47: Addiction
48: Betrayal
49: Threats and Thrums
50: Everything Will Be Okay
51: Kiss Me
52: A Little Surprised
53: Be Mine
54: Late Night Talk
55: The Big Brother
56: Marry Me
Epilogue

38: Stand By Me

6K 192 18
By symhere

MARIA WAYNE

I went out of the room to see Kathie hastily walking down the stairs, "Kathie, slow down." I asked her, but she didn't listen to me. She hurriedly went down the stairs and ran towards the door, "Who is it?" She asked. I smiled and slowly walked down the stair. For me, it was difficult to get down speedily especially when I had a dress on. Kathie giggled and twisted the knock – unlocking the door and slightly opened it. She sticks her head out of the door, "Hi, Uncle Silas." She giggled. I halted for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and resumed walking towards the door.

"Hello, princess." I heard Silas from behind the door. I slowly walked closer to the slightly opened door. "Is it for me?" I heard Kathie asking him. "This one is for you." I heard him reply to her. She squealed and jumped excitedly before opening the door wide open while she had a small bouquet of pink roses in her hand. "Thank you, Uncle Silas," Kathie said while hugging the flowers dearly. I chuckled as I saw Silas kneeling– while looking at his niece jumping up and down. He had another bouquet of beautiful red roses in his hand. I stopped a few steps away from the door when Silas's gaze landed on me. His eyes slowly gazed me from my feet to my head – slowly taking in my presence. I felt nervous. I could feel knots in my stomach. His slightly opened his mouth and slowly rose. "Wow." I heard him saying. I looked directly in his eyes to see him looking back at mine. A smile slowly formed on his lips, "God, you look gorgeous." He said.

I don't know how I felt. Since I ended up on crutches – I had doubts about the compliments I receive. I am not sure if the people are just saying it to make me feel better or do they mean it. I looked down at the dress and smiled, "Thank you." I said to him and looked down at his tux. "You are wearing a tux." I chuckled. He looked at his tux and smirked, "You know how I always dress like this on date nights." He replied, but soon he realized it and his smile slipped off. The ache that was buried deep down was felt – we did such a job forgetting about it, but here it was again – all the memories and flashbacks of our failed marriage. I didn't want to ruin this moment – I am experiencing this moment after such a long time. I just want to live it.

I curled my lips in a smile, "You look nice, Silas." I told him. He looked at me and that bright smile was back. "Thank you." He chuckled as he fixed his suit. He closed the door behind him and walked nearer. "These are for you." He gave me beautiful red roses. I smiled as I accepted them. I sniffed the sweet smell of roses, "These are beautiful, Silas. Thank you so much." I said to him.

"I looked at these flowers and you came up in my mind. I know how much you love flowers." He told me. I smiled. That is true – I love roses. He used to get me roses each day when we were dating. I still have them all. They all are completely dried out – but, I still have them in a box. I wanted to throw them away when we got divorced, but I couldn't throw them out. There were so many memories attached to them. "I should put them in water," I said.

He stepped forward, "Let me put them in a vase." He offered. I nodded and handed him the roses. "While you do that – let me drop Kathie to Brown's apartment," I told him. He looked at his niece before nodding his head, "Okay." He replied and went into the kitchen. Kathie was still holding her flowers dearly, "Kathie, why don't we put your flowers in the water as well?" I asked her. "That way, they will live longer," I told her. She twisted her mouth and looked at the flowers before nodding, "Okay." She said. "Let's go and ask Uncle Silas to put them in the vase as well. We can put the vase in your room – besides your bed." I suggested. She nodded her head eagerly and clapped her hands. I chuckled and went into the kitchen where Silas was putting the flowers in a vase.

He lifted his head as he saw us coming in. He smiled, "What can I do for you, ma'am?" He asked Kathie who giggled and stretched her hands out, "Can you please these in water as well?" she asked. Silas picked her in his arms and kissed her cheek soundly. "Of course, my lady, anything for you." He said causing Kathie to giggle out loud.

After we put her flowers beside her bed and dropped her to Brown's apartment – we left. As Silas drove through the busy roads, I sat quietly beside him. The weather was still a little chilly and I don't have my jacket with me. The heater wasn't on either. Silas doesn't feel cold much – I remember when we were together I would force him to turn on the heat and he would complain how hot it was all the way. He is still the same. I smiled and looked out of the window. My hand unconsciously went towards my exposed arm and rubbed them to feel a little warmth. Next thing I know I felt warm air touching my arm. I turned my head to see Silas turning on the heater. I looked at him to see him watching straight as he drove. His one hand was on the steering while the other was adjusting the heater. He glimpsed at me and chuckled, "You are still the same." He commented. I smiled back, "So are you." I replied.

We reached the restaurant it was not the one we have been to before. It was a different one, but it looked just as luxurious. I looked at Silas and smiled as he asked the manager for our table. He turned to me, "Let's go. Our table's ready." He said as he stretched his hand out. I looked at it and smile. "I would have held it, but I need both of my crutches to walk." I shrugged and chuckled. I saw his smile slowly wearing off, but soon he composed himself and gulped. He walked and stood beside me. He put his hand my waist, "Shall we?" He asked. I smiled and nodded, "Yes." I replied.

We made it to the table. It was just in the middle of the lounge. The diners were just as I thought they would be – elite. I smiled and thanked Silas as he pulled out the chair for me. He just simply smiled and sat in front of me. The waiter came to our table as asked us what we would like to drink – I asked for a glass of water while Silas ordered sprinkled summer lemonade. After the waiter was gone to bring our drinks for us – Silas put his elbow on the table, "I am not drinking alcohol tonight." He said.

I smiled, "Why is that?" I asked.

"Well, I have a bottle of French wine in my car. I was thinking maybe we could have some when we get back home – only if you say so." He said.

I snickered, "We will see about that." I replied.

Soon the waiter brought our drinks for us. Silas thanked him and asked him to come back in a few minutes to get our order. The waiter simply nodded and walked away. I opened the menu and as usual, the prices were extremely high. I sighed and looked at Silas, "Why do you waste so much money on such expensive food?" I asked as my eyes wandered around the menu. He chuckled, "I am used to eating at such places and the food is always good." He shrugged. I looked at him, "I can take to a place where you can have delicious food under a hundred dollars." I told him.

He smirked, "Okay then, you will be taking me out on the next date there." He said. I laughed, "Who said there is going to be a second date?" I asked. He raised his eyebrow, "Me – I said it." He shrugged.

After a couple of minutes, the waiter returned and took our orders before we left. I wanted to use the washroom, so I asked Silas where it is. He pointed it out and asked me if I need some help. I politely shook my head and told him that I will be back in a minute. I gathered my crutches and slowly stood up before I made where the washroom was. After I used the washroom – I washed my hands and looked at myself in the mirror before walking out. I could see Silas sitting on the table while looking down at his phone. I was walking towards our table when I felt like something tangled in my left crutch causing me to lose my balance and fall.

"Maria." I heard Silas's loud voice. I didn't even realize that my eyes were close until I opened them. I felt someone's hand on my arm. I looked over to see Silas turning to help me up. I gulped as he slowly lifted me while a very nice waiter handed me my crutches. I thanked him while keeping my head down. I could feel everyone looking at me and I was very embarrassed. "Did you hurt yourself? Maria, are you okay?" I could hear Silas's concerned voice, but I was too embarrassed to answer him verbally, so I just nodded my head. I felt his hand on my waist – holding me close to him. I gulped and finally looked at him – concernedly looking at me with his eyebrows drawn together. He put his other hand on the side of my face, "You are okay, right?" He asked again – lowly this time. I nodded, "Yeah." I choked out.

"You bitch!" I heard someone sneered. I averted my gaze to look at the lady who was sitting on the chair just beside me. Her red-colored lips turned into a frown as she glared at me with her bag with a broke strap in her hand. "You broke my designer bag!" she snapped. I gasped. My crutch must have tangled in the bag's strap. I opened my mouth to apologize, but she cut me off, "Do you even know how expensive it was? You clumsy disable shit, you broke it." She kept snapping at me. I was left shocked. I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of her mouth. She looked at the waiter who was standing beside me, "Call your manager, how you people can let disable abnormal people like her get in such a luxurious place?" She said angrily.

"Jane, shut up!" The guy that was with the lady scolded her. I could felt my heart in my mouth – no one ever said words like this to me. I could feel my fingers getting numbed. A tear fell off my eye. I was so embarrassed and hurt by what this lady said to me. I felt Silas's hand on my arm as he stepped closer to the lady. His other hand was curled into a tight fist and I could see him shaking.

He clenched his jaws, "You are a woman, or else I would have punched you so hard that you would have not woken up till days." He gritted his teeth. "Now apologize to her or else you will be sorry for what you just said." He threatened her. I gulped the lump that I felt in my throat and put my hand on his forearm, "Silas please don't." My voice wobbled.

The guy sitting with her stood up and looked at me, "Ma'am, I am sorry. She is drunk. I apologized on her behalf." The guy said to me. I looked at him with my eyes filled with tears, "It's okay." I choked out.

"No, it is not okay," Silas said to me. I could see his face getting red. He turned his head to look at the woman – who now was looking at Silas, "It was very expensive." By listening to her tone – I can tell that she was scared by Silas. Silas stood straight and looked at the glass of wine that was on the table – he picked it up and before I could process what he was up to – he pores the drink over the woman's head. I gasped and put my hand on my mouth, "Silas!" I couldn't believe he did that. There was pin-drop silence in the room. I could believe that Silas did something like that. He just took out his wallet and took several hundred dollar bills from it and threw it on her face. The woman looked completely shocked by what Silas did – hell, even I was shocked. He then took some more money and put it on the table, "Although, it seems impossible, but buy some class if you can." He said while taping at the money that was on the table.

"Sir, I am very sorry for what she said. I apologize on her behalf." The guy said to Silas. Silas looked at him, "It is not your fault, sir." Silas said to him. The poor guy looked extremely embarrassed. Just then the manager arrived and asked what happened. The guy with that woman explained how it was their fault and how the woman crossed the line. "You are seriously taking their side?!" The woman angrily stood up. Silas's grip on my waist tightened. I know he was angry. I held his arm and he looked at me. I looked in his eyes and slowly shook my head, "Don't." I asked him. He closed his eyes briefly and turned to look at the manager. "I am sorry, Mr. Harrison." The manager apologized to Silas before looking at me, "Ma'am, I am really –sorry. This should not have happened. I am sorry." He said to me. I lightly shook my head, "It is okay." I told him.

"Madam, I will have to ask you to leave this restaurant right now." The manager looked at the angry woman. She huffed, "You all are pathetic!" She said before collecting her broken bag and hastily marched out of the restaurant. The man that was with her stayed still as he guiltily looked at me, "Ma'am, I am so sorry." He apologized again. I forced a small smile, "Please don't apologize anymore. It was not your fault." I told him.

Silas turned to look at me, "Maria, I am –" before he could complete his sentence I stopped him. "Don't," I said. "A lot has happened already – let's not ruin the rest of our night," I told him while I was hurting inside. This guy was trying hard – it isn't his fault that I was on crutches. It wasn't his fault that – that woman was so mean to me. He stood up for me. He didn't let that woman make me feel any more unworthy. I smiled through the tears. His eyes were getting glossy. He held my hand in his, "If anyone tries to hurt you, Maria – in any way – I swear, I would –" I smiled and nodded before he could complete his sentence, "I know." I said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 591 26
After Julia gets taken by a gang, her husbands must do everything in their power to get her back. Once they discover what has happened, they must dea...
4.6M 107K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...
15.9K 349 14
Love is a beautiful thing. It takes commitment for it work. Alicia and Harrison are newly weds and building a beautiful life together. A chance meeti...
451K 15.7K 29
Natasha Harrison has been living her life as a happy go round countryside girl in the small part of New Zealand. While waiting patiently for the retu...