To Protect

Por JanieKayne

Harry never knew his Father James Potter had a little sister. That he had other options besides living with t... Mรกs

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117

95

25.4K 890 669
Por JanieKayne

My beloved,

I've decided that we should have the wedding ceremony in our home, I feel as though it is the safest option. We can clear out the study. Perhaps a celebratory feast in the dining room. I know it's not much, but it's an idea. We can make up for it once this war pushes through and delt with once and for all. I understand how stressful it can be, but I want what's best for us. We must oversee it for our own happiness— this won't be an enduring battle forever, we will reach an end. Harry deserves a real family for once; let us be it.

I wish you wellness until the next letter and hope you write soon enough.

Love, Sirius

Eleanor stared down at the parchment during breakfast. Her gaze flicked upon her nephew sitting at the table. He seemed to be reading a letter which had most likely had been from Sirius as well.

She felt that the letter had come off a bit rude, as if she wasn't doing a good enough job at raising Harry on her own— perhaps she was overthinking it.

The parchment was folded away.

"Dear," Whipered McGonagall who appeared from behind Eleanor's chair. "Meeting in the staff room after third class."

Eleanor nodded slightly.

Her head turned to Severus who sat a few chairs away. He seemed to have been doing the same gesture as they locked eyes and shared a perplexed tilt of the brow.

Severus shrugged, appearing to have no clue either.

Her lips pursed as she looked down the other side of the high table only to now realize that Dumbledore was no longer seated, but Umbridge had taken his spot.

"What?!" Eleanor exclaimed under her breath, "How?!"

McGonagall stood in front of the staff room overlooking the sight of professors who shared the same reaction as Eleanor.

Dumbledore had been sacked.

"I'm not quite sure," Mcgonagall spoke softly incase Dolores happened to walk by the closed off room. "But I do know that the ministry has a lot against him for conspiring against them. Supposably, he was involved with a sort of club going around, which violated decoration decree twenty four." Mcgonagall sighed deeply to herself as Eleanor frowned in realization of what she might be talking about. "Now Dolores is held to be headmistress."

"What do we do?" Professor Sprout questioned

A scoff came from Madam Hooch, "There's nothing we can do."

Eleanor slumped back in the wooden chair as she exhaled deeply and pinched the bridge of her nose.

The only thing that was really stopping Dolores from firing her was Dumbledore, Eleanor didn't know what to think.

"Where's Dumbledore now?" Came Severus's voice who appeared to be standing beside a distressed Eleanor.

McGonagall frowned and shook her head hopelessly.

That answered his question, along with everyone else's — they were screwed.

"It's not as bad for everyone else as it is for me," Eleanor walked inside her classroom with Severus following behind, "I'm about to lose my job."

He took notice of the note that was labeled outside of her door as he passed:

No Private Tutoring Sessions Today — Go Have Fun !!

It made sense why she left the note as the classroom had been completely empty.

"I doubt it." Severus had finally spoken up from listening to her tangent.

Eleanor turned her head his direction as she poured herself tea. "What makes you say that?"

His footsteps approached closer to her, "If Dumbledore vanishes, they're out looking for him. Surely they don't have the time to investigate a polite professor for none of the wrong doing."

"I'm sure Dolores has her ways." She continued to stress.

Severus made a face, "Hey," his large hand touched her arm slightly to get her attention. Her head shot up to his close figure that towered over her, "You're not going anywhere. I won't let that happen."

She only stared up at him quietly, Eleanor found herself admiring the man that stood in front of her. He was a changed man from the first time they'd met. He was kinder, more patient and caring—
The man she worked with her first year would have walked out the door and told her that it was her problem to deal with, but now he was here giving her the best advice he could to keep her balanced.

"Thank you." A grin formed on her face, "You're probably right."

A corner of his lip raised upward, "I usually am." His eyes gazed down to her left hand, "Where's your charm bracelet?"

Taken by suprise by his question Eleanor stared down at her hand as well before shifting her weight over her desk to open a drawer.

It was kept in an envelope.

"I had to take it off a few days ago because I was trimming Venemous Tentacula, afraid they'd break it off."

Taking the bracelet out of the envelope she placed it around her wrist.

"May I?" He asked

She nodded.

Severus took the bracelet around her hand and hooked it securely for her. "That's what will keep you safe."

Her cheeks flushed pink and for a moment Severus had noticed a different look in her eye for the first time.

Three weeks into the enduring chaos and Severus had been somewhat right. All Dolores was really worried about was the ministry locating Dumbledore. It's all everyone was worried about.

Eleanor pictured the man being somewhere off the grid as she had done most of her life. Probably on a vacation drinking tea and feeding his bird... oddly enough she wouldn't be much suprised if he was doing just that.

O.W.Ls had started that week, which meant the great hall had been completely emptied out for fifth year exams. That day it had been Defense Against the Dark Arts which had been tested.

Eleanor was a bit nervous, but she knew all of her students would do just fine as they do every other year. For now, she was busy with her first years as they had also sat quietly working on their own exams.

The whole castle had been so quiet, you could hear a door shut from a few corridors away— or perhaps a fire cracker.

Eleanor stood up from her desk as if she hadn't heard that correctly. Her students looked back in fear.

"It's alright." Eleanor cooed softly, "Continue on."

Not a moment later another fire cracker had been heard.

Getting up from her desk she quickly walked down center of her class to pop her head outside the clasaroom door.

She quirked an eyebrow when she finally heard a burst laughter approaching the hall.

"The bloody hell is that?" She asked outloud, but it seemed very clear what had been going on once she spotted ginger haired twins flying on brooms.

She shut the door behind her while she stood outside her classroom with her arms crossed.

"Boys!" Eleanor called. "Classes are in session and you're scaring my first years— take it outside!"

George lowered his broom, "No can do, Professor. You see, we're trying to teach Umbridge a lesson or two..."

Suddenly the figure of a screaming Umbridge had ran across the end of the corridor as a green and gold sparked dragon soared after her. Filch was behind chasing the dragon and out of breath while his cat ms. Norris followed rather slowly.

Eleanor blinked at the strange scene with a exhausted groan and opened her door again, "You two hide inside."

"Thanks professor." George got off his broom along with his brother who sent her a wink.

Fred grinned passed the professor,
"Thank you Darling."

"Quiet or I'm mailing your mother." Eleanor said as she continued to look around the corridor to make sure no fire crackers or sparking dragons would enter her room. "Sir Nicholas?" Eleanor called as the ghost happened to float by, "Do you mind chaperoning the students from the great hall to my classroom safety? I believe their professor is a bit preoccupied."

"Of course, Madam." She watched nearly headless nick round the corridor.

Her class had soon been packed with students.

Most of them had to lean against the classroom wall as they had to continue on their testing in there.

Eleanor kept her eyes on Harry who stood still with an ill expression, obviously he hadn't been focusing on his exam.

The bell had finally rung and everyone seemed to sigh in relief.

"Have a good day!" Eleanor shouted as students left out the door. "Stay out of trouble boys" she shouted at the twins who grinned back at her.

"No promises!" Fred shouted back

Shaking her head she was quick to catch Harry by the shoulder before he could leave completely.

"What's wrong?" She asked as her hand reached his forehead from cold sweat. "Did you have a nightmare?"

"These aren't nightmares, Professor." Harry managed to say, but before he could tell her what he had saw Dolores Umbridge had marched his way.

"A word Potter." The woman stood with embers around her face from being chased my firecrackers for a full hour.

Eleanor stared between them, "Problem?"

The woman raised her lip at Eleanor as if she were to growl. "Not your concern, My office now." Dolores pointed ahead.

As much as Eleanor wanted to shout at the woman she managed to keep herself calm. She had no choice if she was now headmistress.

Harry quickly turned to Eleanor muttering, "He's got padfoot... at the place where it's hidden."

Her eyes glazed over.

"What did you say?" She whispered

Umbridge had stomped her foot on the ground to catch the boys attention, "This instant Mister Potter!"

"I have to go." Harry muttered before he followed umbridge and walked around the corner.

Eleanor stood still like a statue.

She didn't know what he was talking about or refering to, but she quickly ran into her classroom to grab her coat with her wand in hand.

"Where are you going?" Severus had caught her shutting her classroom door and locking it.

"Sirius is in trouble." She managed to say before she ran down the corridor to leave Hogwarts as fast as she could.

AN: Thank you so much for 1K followers !! love u !!

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

194K 7.2K 43
[EDITING] clandestine meetings and longing stares... ( james potter x fem! oc / fabian prewett x fem! oc ) ( marauders era ) ( started: 07/03/22 - f...
1.4M 47.8K 134
Eloise Malfoy finally escapes the prison that is Malfoy Manor as she embarks on her time in Hogwarts. Immediately hitting it off with pranksters Jame...
5.8K 115 19
We all know of the ๐—œ๐—ป๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฃ๐—ผ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ and his story. But what if he had a sister, a sister that he never told his friends of, a...
3.8K 190 13
Harry learns things about his life he never would've before gaining a new family member and reuniting with old ones, coming to terms with people tryi...